D-Link AC1750 DSL-2890AL

D-Link AC1750 DSL-2890AL

MPN: 35905112

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

lw1807

lw1807Wollongong

Great!

Great value for money. We had terrible issues with our previous router, this one has given us 0 problems! It just works. The Wifi range is good. We never turn it off and it has lived in the hot outback weather without overheating or any issues like that.

My only complaint: My husband purchased it in red.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

TheOneWhoKnocks

TheOneWhoKnocksSydney

Easy to setup and good design

Got it at a bargain so was a good value for money. Good for normal users to setup and forget. Advanced users will be disappointed with the modem's management GUI. Designed to look a lot like Amazon echo and does a fairly decent job. Getting the latest firmware from Dlink site required a bit of searching and wasn't straight forward.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
hetzjagd

hetzjagd

Good wireless coverage and never needs to be restarted

Date PurchasedJan 2014
imam

imam

good

very good. the wifi range is good goes far. sleek design . easy to set up . mutli tasking modem . was $400 and bought it for $200 from bing lee . what a bargain! got a good brand modem for cheap . latest model. looks like a stylish speaker.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Sam Howard

Sam HowardSydney

Good product. Perfect for any home.

The range on this modem is really good, can reach from one side of the house to the other without the issue. This modem was really easy to set up, just a plug in pretty much. The LEDs on the modem itself makes it really easy to tell you what is on and off while at the same time looking stylish.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Andrew.N

Andrew.NSydney

It does the job and that's pretty much it

Kelly

KellyBrisbane

Expensive but very worthy of the price

Prior to using this modem there was always a dead spot in terms of wifi range. The overall range was also quite small and only one frequency available. However, these problems was resolved the minute I changed to this router. The improvement was very apparent cause the dead spot had disappeared and I could even connect to the internet outside of the house.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Kyle

KyleBrisbane, QLD

wireless works okay most of the time - and that eventually becomes annoying

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Flyby

FlybyNSW, 2456

Great value Modem/Router

Date PurchasedDec 2017
tcam

tcamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy, reliable and good coverage

We have had this modem for a couple of years now and cannot fault the reliablity of the product. Signal strength is the best we have found to cover our large home and cater for sometimes 8+ wifi connections. Easy on/off button and simple light display help even the least tech savy in our household to use.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Ethan

EthanBrisbane

Good design and signal

Good strength signal throughout our whole home.Took a short time to set up, the majority of the issues we had appeared to be with the associated gadgets as opposed to with the modem. Simple to state this now however at the time it was difficult to figure out what was causing the availability issues.

john

johnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent NBN modem

This modem started out in life as an ADSL modem with NBN capabilities. When NBN was installed at my residence it was a simple and easy matter of converting one of he LAN ports to act as a WAN port for the NBN service. The modem provides me with a 1 gigabit connection hard wired via Ethernet and has a whopping 1750mbps wifi speed which I find impressive and due to the many devices that we use on wifi, I have had no issues with starvation for service on any. It comes with 2 wifi speeds of 2,4 gig and 5 gig and the interface setup is very easy. I highly recommend this modem router if you have the NBN box at your residence but it is no good is you are connected FTTM (fibre to the node) or VDSL.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Derek44

Derek44AU

reliable workhorse

This is older model now, but because of that is a genuine bargain for ADSL connections. My first one was damaged by lightning strike (I live in a country area). As I rely on Internet I recently bought two DSL-2890AL modems, configured them identically and thus have a spare one. Yes, one can buy more fancy modems in 2017, but this one simply works day after day with no issues whatsoever. Vertical, tower design cools electronics better than more common flat box designs which tend to pack electronics in a small box, and modems always run hot. connect and forget type of box.

Ken

KenNewcastle

Lag issues

Stayed with Dlink due to their REALLY GREAT support team.
However I have had to have this unit reset at least twice.
I have some latancy issues, or lag issues. ie when opening up new tags there can be a delay. Watching utube can be a pain.
NB new cat 5 wiring, wall sockets, and computers. Have also had issues with opus servers.
Fortunately I do not play games.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Chris

ChrisMelbourne

Works great can't complain

Amazing, this is probably the best modem/router i ever bought after my previous router (BILLION failed after a year).
Runs 24/7 since i bought it and has been reliable since.
Maybe the only thing that could be improved is to have more USB Ports as I like to use my USB to share content around the house.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
MadDog

MadDogKearney Springs

Ok

Not sure if it is the area that keeps losing signal as Telstra always get me to configure this and that and it still doesn't work. Some days internet is great and reception is good, other days the modem flashes and wifi is hit and miss. Quite expensive to purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

king

kingbrisbane

awesome!!

as we have a 4g wireless modem that has to be outside to get reception, this range extender has been fantastic. We can now use our internet all through the house. I handles 4 kids constantly streaming you tube and also our 4k tv streaming netflix. great product totally worth it

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Kai

KaiSydney, NSW

Stable Modem Router, Never need to reboot

One the top line of D-Link, bought from WIreless 1 when they had promotion, too good to pass the deal.
The modem router looks good, the WIFI coverage is excellent. Been stable is the main thing, never needs to reboot it . Been using D-Link for more than a decade, trust their stuff!

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Barry

BarryAU

Fast, easy set up, but advanced options can be confusing

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Ace D

Ace DSydney

It serves its purpose

It was relatively expensive, and takes quite a while to start up when initially turning it on, but it works well. Internet connection only drops out occasionally and delivers fast internet connection. However, price is an important factor to consider, and it may be worthwhile exploring other products on the market.

Date PurchasedMay 2017