D-Link Python AC1600 DSL-2888A

D-Link Python AC1600 DSL-2888A

MPN: ING-3553434

Great modem

Great modem, currently stream to the lounge tv and the bedroom tv and a phone comfortably at the same time, no drop outs.
This is our second D link modem I have used 3 other different makes over time.
Well worth a look.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $155.00.

Number of Connected Devices 3 devices
ISPExetel Broadband
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

No phone with nbn

Have just connected to the nbn. Bought a dsl-2888a modem thinking this will do. WRONG. Modem works but not the phone. Even with the splitter they supplied. Won’t work on nbn wast of money.not made for boath phone and internet.

Purchased for $160.00.

An Ok Router

It's a pretty ok router, kinda annoying to setup with nbn but eventually after an hour something i got it running.

The wifi slowly started dying and slowing down only after 2 weeks, now the wifi can barely work from a 5 meter distance. And don't even try going to a bedroom 12 meters away unless you don't want to have wifi, the only thing on this router that is kinda reliable is the ethernet connection.
This is my second d-link python and it had the exact problems as my first one and will probably die and il have to replace it.

If you have good money, just buy a router that costs more than 350$ if you have more than 3 people in the house, anything bellow this is trash that dies between 6-12 months

Date PurchasedAug 2000

Our Python is great. Set up was incredibly easy. In two months it has dropped out once. The signal is strong - it works on our street. We have NBN and the speed is excellent. Usually there is two of us using the internet at the same time; watching netflix or surfing. It looks good. I would highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Awesome price

I love this router. For the price, performance, and range I doubt you can find a better router. I was extremely hesitant on purchasing a new router because our old Netgear from 10 years ago was working just fine but once I hooked this beast up... I realized how far behind we were. Installation was easy enough. Just follow the simple instructions and you are good to go.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

New D-Link modem working a treat

Read a few reviews on different modems for a new connection to the NBN and decided on the D-Link Python. Was wondering how far signal would travel as there is a distance between modem and one computer but was prepared to put a booster for the signal but have no need. Setup was also very easy so have no trouble recommending this modem.

Works great once installed

Purchased this as part of a recommendation from my internet service provider. The instructions that came as part of the package seemed easy. However, my install didn't require some of the detailed steps. It was as simple as plugging in the Ethernet cable into the nbn box. A revision of the booklet would help with new nbn installations. However once up, the modem works a treat with incredible speeds!!

Best router I have owned

I have only adsl in my house before this router speeds where crap. Now can stream foxtel on my wifi to my phone really impressed. The range and speeds it delivers over wifi are un believable. And to make life better it is nbn ready. It handles the 8 wifi devices in our house with ease.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

No provision to connect fixed line telephone

Wanted to replace my Gateway Modem for better wi fi and had no issues connecting to NBN however there is no provision to connect my household phone. The supplied splitter is useless for NBN.
Have since found out that you have to purchase next model up with two phone connection points. The lack of a facility to connect your household phone should be included in the promotional information

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

This is an excellent device.

In my experience this modem router is a very powerful device. I have been using this for about a month now, with ths arrival of FTTN NBN. I get very consistent sync speeds and the connection is very reliable. My house is composed mostly of brick, and signal from the other end was still very strong. Excellent device.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Haven't had an issue

Easy to set up, dual band modem from D-Link which is usually a good company to buy modems from if you look at forums about their firmware updates and ease of warranty claims. Using it as a main modem but i know people who do use it as a bridging modem and they've had a good experience with it also.

Hate It

I bought this modem 1 year ago always had the issue from the beginning. Complaint to d-link couple of times and nothing got sorted.

Every now and then the signals drops out. Overall I wasn't happy with it ended up returning the product and never buying the dlink products again.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Good modem

Already had enough with my old laggy modem so bought this just before the new year when it was on promotion - as a new year gift for myself ^*_*^
This product is very easy to setup, and has beautiful and friendly console, not quite get the advanced settings part though but that is not an issue at all for normal family use.
However, although it has 3 antennas, the signal in my bedroom upstairs is still not full.

Great Modem for decent price

Easy setup. Do not have to download any drivers, just plug and go. Impressive signal strength. Wi-Fi never drops. Phone stays connected after leaving 10 meters from premise (premise has really thick walls as well). Wi-Fi speed is relatively fast. By staying within 3 meters of this modem there is no need for LAN cable to maintain a great up/down ratio.

No Dramas

Bought this for my newly activated NBN connection as i didn't want to use the one the provider provides. Easy to install. User interface is simple, lots of nice features if you have more people in your house, such as speed limit on each end terminals etc. also has cloud feature which i am yet to figure out.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Does what it supposed to do

No complaints, easy setup with good coverage. Bought one two months ago to replace a stock router and am very impressed. Had no issues setting it up. Software is easy to customize . Good speeds, does not drop out no issues thus far would recommend to all happy buying all

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Does the job, could be better

A reliable and easy device to use. Only took 10minutes to setup and get things up and running .little dissapointed with the wifi range, it does not reach more than 20m through the house. Interface via a url is easy to use and manage. device stays cool and is low on power consumption

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good NBN Router

Purchased this to replace Telstra NBN modem which kept dropping out. So far there has been no problem whatsoever. It is fast, does not drop out and does what it is supposed to. After so many problems with the previous modem and provider I am very happy with this purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great mid range FTTN compatible modem

Very easy to set up, good speeds, dual band (companies should stop selling single band tbh), all for a decent price. Had to "upgrade" when I moved from a place with ADSL2 to another with only NBN as the internet option. At least this has backward compatibility (can use for both ADSL2 and NBN) if I move again to an area without NBN.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Easy to use and trouble free

I bought one about a month ago to replace a modem that dropped connections. It was super easy to set up and its been very stable ever since. There is a recent firmware upgrade that improves how the user interface works. Very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to others.

Date PurchasedNov 2017