D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

MPNs: 35905214 and DSL4320L

3.8

• Number of Connected Devices 13.125 devices (8)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
Steve V

Steve VGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great bit of gear if you take the time to read about it!!!

Purchased in January 2018 at eBay for A$240.00.

Number of Connected Devices 14 devices
ISPTPG Broadband NBN 100
Simon F

Simon FGungahlin 2912, ACT

Great - when it works

Initially I was happy with the Taipan, fast & reasonably good WiFi coverage.
Lately we've been having connection issues that require the router to be restarted daily.
I was going to order another Taipan as direct replacement, but when I researched the issue I discovered that many people with this router are having the same constant disconnection issue.
Don't buy it, find something else.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$578.00.

Ace

AceWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

An expensive problem

Trong N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great modem/router even though it took some time to connect the DSL 4320L to TPG NBN FTTP

Purchased in January 2020.

Awesome high speed wifi

4 stars only cause of price , other than the price this modem router is on top for gaming and streaming .
Awesome Wi-Fi range stable speeds on UFB .
Simple to set up would highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$500.00.

Frank

FrankSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT BUY

Wish I could give this product less than 1 star.
literally the worst piece of tech I have purchased.
DO NOT BUY THIS!
The performance is about as good as my 5 year old Linksy AC1900 which this was replacing. From the start it was expensive, time consuming and frustrating as hell. Set up was by no means simple. Even with Their "Tech Support" it took 2 hours to set up.
Trying to control the general function after that is almost impossible. Non of the Dlink Apps work to change settings- though they advertise they do.
Seriously purchase something else.
I am saving up to buy a competitors product and then with great joy will smash this router into tiny pieces and throw it in the garbage where it belongs.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$498.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
ISPiiNet NBN 100
kenn

kennMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive door stopper

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$550.00.

ISPOptus Broadband NBN
ModemD-link Cobra AC5300 DSL-5300
Don S.

Don S.South East Queensland, QLD

8.5/10 If you are a heavy user, game on WIFI and have a large number of Wifi devices it is worth the money.

Purchased in August 2016 at Umart Online for A$500.00.

Number of Connected Devices 20 devices
ISPMate NBN 100 (Soul Mates)

Annette C.Hunter Region, NSW

Difficulty connecting but tech support solved the issue

We were unable to connect the DSL 4320L to our Telstra NBN (FTTP). After days of looking at troubleshooting guides and various forums we called the D-Link call centre. The technician was able to clearly ask questions to step by step sort out our issue. Within 25minutes the problem was solved. I know others have not been satisfied with their support but I’m pleased to say that today, with the technician I spoke to, we had an excellent service. (And I’m delighted that I’m also getting download WIFI speeds of 94.9Mbps rather than max of 35MBps on the old Telstra Gateway).

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$519.00.

ISPTelstra Broadband NBN

ochachajapan

ochachajapanFar North Queensland, QLD

It sudden stopped connection.

The technical support was terrible, no patient and my chat was cut in 4 min. Can not believe how bad this modem is. No no no not recommended.

Purchased in June 2018 at Officeworks for A$499.00.

ISPDodo NBN
ModemD-Link DSL4320L

TrevC

TrevCGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So bad even Dlink can't support it

This is a very expensive piece of equipment, but fails to meet the hype. Now according to Dlink it is no longer even supported in MyDlink. The after sales support on this has been the worst I have ever experienced, and it demonstrates that even Dlink Tech Support have no clue about how to support the device. Save your money and go with a better brand. Any brand would be better than this. Had to have the first one replaced after 3 months because it just wouldn't work.

Purchased in December 2017 at Scorptec Computers for A$459.00.

Number of Connected Devices 15 devices
mandy

mandy

Terrible Product! constant drop outs and setting issues, never connects to the internet

cannot believe how bad this modem is, i spend hours weekly on tech support to my ip, and good luck with d-lkink themselves. I spend hours googling solutions becuase my line is constantly showing 'no internet connection' and n eed to restart every device about every 2 days and re-enter all settings then it jsut drops out again. useless hunk of expensive junk.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Michael

Michael

Overpriced Router - Poor Client Cap

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Dave

DavePerth

Works good. Great for multiple devices.

Grahame

Grahamecamp mountain

More glossy packaging then reality

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Mic

Mic

Excellent product

Excellent product tried many other brands ,but the D-Link was the only one to reach the distance we need .speeds were more than adequate the desighn of the product that enables you to place it and direct it to where the signals need to go, able to operate six items at a time.
Highly recommended

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jeff

Jeffperth

Best modem ever

It is definitely worth the value, it has an incredibly strong connection and no dropouts at all. It has 4 different frequencies and each of them with their own personal specification. You can have 4 networks with 4 separate names. I would definitely recommend this modem to everyone, it's worth the price!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Saraah J

Saraah JAU

You will not be disappointed

Wifi has incredible radius, meaning I can be half way down my street and still have 3 bars wifi. Our internet has been laggy or dropped out since buying the dlink taipan. I could not recommend this modem enough. It is a little pricey but it’s definitely worth the money

Aaron Davies

Aaron Daviesperth

Horrible!

I just purchased this beast, removed bigponds best modem/router because i wasn't happy with the buffering i was geting on Netflix, and i was hoping to extend the wifi distance, into my kids bedroom. but the Taipan hasn't improved anything. still getting 2-6mbps and still can't get wifi in the kids bedrooms.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Steven

StevenSydney

Massive Device!

Great coverage provided on the D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L. Price is a bit steep though for those on a budget but it is worth it. 2 Bands of 5GHz is a bonus! WiFi coverage is amazing, able to reach the entire house (and even the granny flat) with speeds still at top notch. There's the ability to even attach a HDD to it to share content across the house which makes it even easier to share home videos as you can connect to a TV and stream it from there!

Annette C.asked

We can not connect our new DSL 4320L to Telstra NBN (fibre to the premises). We have read a few whirlpools forum and tried to troubleshoot however no success. Is it compatible?

Hi Annette,

Could you please share more info on how you connected the DSL 4320L? I tried to connect ethernet cable to port 4 and chose Residential Gateway >Enable Tagged Vlan: vlan tagging 2 >PPPoE (username/pass, i am with TPG) > Reconnect Mode:" select Always On >"Address Mode:" select 'Dynamic IP'. Basically all what pp recommended on forums however i haven't been able to connect the DSL 4320L.

Thanks in advance.
Trong Nguyen

Annette C.

We did end up connecting, but I can't recall how as it was months ago. I did have to ring DLink help line to do it. They were able to talk me through the steps. Since then it has worked well, although it's range is not a large as the previous modem I had and we had to buy wi-fi extenders. Good luck!

Trong N.

Hi, I called TPG support staff and even though his help was not directly relate to the issue as he said I still need to have vlan tagging enabled and value=2 which would never work but ended up helping me connecting the DSL 4320L.

Solution for FTTP:
I use TPG NBN and my connection type is FTTP. In the NBN white box (from previous house owner) the ethernet cable was connected to UNI-D port 1, probably the previous owner was with a different Internet provider.
After a call with TPG, they insisted that I should have connected to UNI-D port 2 (correct) and had vlan tagging enabled/id=2 (incorrect). So I came home, opened the NBN box, move the ethernet cable from UNI-D port 1 to port 2, choose Residental Gateway > DISABLE vlan tagging > PPPoE (TPG username/pass) > Dynamic IP and after 70s, I got green on WAN led indicator and got the D-Link Taipan DSL 4320L works with FTTP.
ref: https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/2018/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

Thank you very much again for your review and comment here cause without it I would have sold the modem for cheaper than RRP and spent extra for other modem.
I hope our comments would help anyone out there who has difficulty connecting the Dlink Taipan to FTTP and save them some time and frustration.

Cheers