D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

MPN: DSL4320L
See the Best Modems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for D-Link? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Number of Connected Devices 12.857 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range

Very poor router and very poor service from D-Link

Only used it for 6 months before having to replace it. Poor performance on all tests provided by NBN service provider. Low transfer rates and dropouts. Replaced with another router and everything improved markedly. Centre Com Richmond wouldn't refund or replace unless D-Link agreed and D-Link just kept sending us troubleshooting ideas (all of which we had already told them didn't work). So, no refund, no replacement and a very poor router. We bought another router which was so much better we can't believe it took us 6 months to work it out. That was 6 months of dropping out of important work meetings and internet classes (that my wife was running!). My advice is to not put your faith in this router, or D-Link.

Purchased in January 2021.

Mark K.
Mark K.

hoping my D-Link would be the exception and not the same as others

i was hoping that with every product you get good and bad and that mine would be the good unfortunately i am in the same boat as others on here and drop outs are the biggest pain by far and when you have to reconnect printers or other things each time its just well painful so would i recommend this product . . . . . i am going to have to say no unless D-Link can fix it with a software update then maybe try something else.

Purchased in March 2019 for $389.00.

HappyBunny
HappyBunny

Expensive but average router with no ongoing firmware support

Router works okay but the wifi range isn't amazing like I thought it would be despite the price tag. It's not much better than the ISP router I had in here originally and given the placement of walls etc it should be better. My biggest gripe is that D-Link don't update their firmware.. it's shocking. I work in Cybersecurity and can't believe that they think it's fine to stop updating the firmware within 12 months of sale. Never again.

Purchased in September 2019.

Constantly drops DHCP connection

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks for $300.00.

Homebody
HomebodySydney, NSW

Worst Wifi on the planet

I was so happy when I went to buy this as the spec's are impressive. However, Wifi keeps dropping out nothing is constant. 2.4 and 5 performance is all over the shop. Need to restart every day. Problem with Network DHCP server keeps failing. Doesn't connect all the time. Requires Static IP to be set on devices. Really disappointed. I wont touch an older D-Link device again. Bought brand new in April 2020. Found it was first manufactured in 2015. Doesn't look like there are any more firmware upgrades. Its crap great doorstop. Going to throw it out.

Purchased in April 2020.

Chewd
ChewdGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Expensive door stop

Wifi keeps dropping out. Won't transfer data at a sustained rate. The wifi needs to be restarted constantly as it will just randomly drop out. First and last time trying a d'link product! Why did I go away from the trustworthy and reliable Cisco products just to save $100...

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $389.00.

Stephen B.
Stephen B.Pilbara, WA

Drops NBN, Drops WIFI, replaced once under warranty already.

I have had the modem replaced once under warranty after less than a month. At the time it was dropping the connection with the NBN. The replacement drops out the both Wi-Fi bands regularly and requires a reboot every few days just to have any sort of stability. Would never recommend it nor buy another.

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $489.00.

Schuberj
SchuberjGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible wifi "connection"

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks for $379.05.

Steve V
Steve VGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great bit of gear if you take the time to read about it!!!

Purchased in January 2018 at eBay for $240.00.

Simon F
Simon FGungahlin 2912, ACT

Great - when it works

Initially I was happy with the Taipan, fast & reasonably good WiFi coverage.
Lately we've been having connection issues that require the router to be restarted daily.
I was going to order another Taipan as direct replacement, but when I researched the issue I discovered that many people with this router are having the same constant disconnection issue.
Don't buy it, find something else.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $578.00.

Ace
AceWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

An expensive problem

Trong N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great modem/router even though it took some time to connect the DSL 4320L to TPG NBN FTTP

Purchased in January 2020.

Awesome high speed wifi

4 stars only cause of price , other than the price this modem router is on top for gaming and streaming .
Awesome Wi-Fi range stable speeds on UFB .
Simple to set up would highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

Frank
FrankSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT BUY

Wish I could give this product less than 1 star.
literally the worst piece of tech I have purchased.
DO NOT BUY THIS!
The performance is about as good as my 5 year old Linksy AC1900 which this was replacing. From the start it was expensive, time consuming and frustrating as hell. Set up was by no means simple. Even with Their "Tech Support" it took 2 hours to set up.
Trying to control the general function after that is almost impossible. Non of the Dlink Apps work to change settings- though they advertise they do.
Seriously purchase something else.
I am saving up to buy a competitors product and then with great joy will smash this router into tiny pieces and throw it in the garbage where it belongs.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $498.00.

kenn
kennMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive door stopper

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $550.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Annette C.asked

We can not connect our new DSL 4320L to Telstra NBN (fibre to the premises). We have read a few whirlpools forum and tried to troubleshoot however no success. Is it compatible?

Hi Annette,

Could you please share more info on how you connected the DSL 4320L? I tried to connect ethernet cable to port 4 and chose Residential Gateway >Enable Tagged Vlan: vlan tagging 2 >PPPoE (username/pass, i am with TPG) > Reconnect Mode:" select Always On >"Address Mode:" select 'Dynamic IP'. Basically all what pp recommended on forums however i haven't been able to connect the DSL 4320L.

Thanks in advance.
Trong Nguyen

Annette C.

We did end up connecting, but I can't recall how as it was months ago. I did have to ring DLink help line to do it. They were able to talk me through the steps. Since then it has worked well, although it's range is not a large as the previous modem I had and we had to buy wi-fi extenders. Good luck!

Trong N.

Hi, I called TPG support staff and even though his help was not directly relate to the issue as he said I still need to have vlan tagging enabled and value=2 which would never work but ended up helping me connecting the DSL 4320L.

Solution for FTTP:
I use TPG NBN and my connection type is FTTP. In the NBN white box (from previous house owner) the ethernet cable was connected to UNI-D port 1, probably the previous owner was with a different Internet provider.
After a call with TPG, they insisted that I should have connected to UNI-D port 2 (correct) and had vlan tagging enabled/id=2 (incorrect). So I came home, opened the NBN box, move the ethernet cable from UNI-D port 1 to port 2, choose Residental Gateway > DISABLE vlan tagging > PPPoE (TPG username/pass) > Dynamic IP and after 70s, I got green on WAN led indicator and got the D-Link Taipan DSL 4320L works with FTTP.
ref: https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/2018/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

Thank you very much again for your review and comment here cause without it I would have sold the modem for cheaper than RRP and spent extra for other modem.
I hope our comments would help anyone out there who has difficulty connecting the Dlink Taipan to FTTP and save them some time and frustration.

Cheers

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandTri-Band (2.4GHz, 2 x 5GHz)
FeaturesBeamforming, External Antennas, Mobile App Control and Parental Controls
Maximum Wireless Speed1,300 Mbps