D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L

MPN: 35905214

So bad even Dlink can't support it

This is a very expensive piece of equipment, but fails to meet the hype. Now according to Dlink it is no longer even supported in MyDlink. The after sales support on this has been the worst I have ever experienced, and it demonstrates that even Dlink Tech Support have no clue about how to support the device. Save your money and go with a better brand. Any brand would be better than this. Had to have the first one replaced after 3 months because it just wouldn't work.

Purchased in December 2017 at Scorptec Computers for $459.00.

Number of Connected Devices 15 devices
ModemD-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Terrible Product! constant drop outs and setting issues, never connects to the internet

cannot believe how bad this modem is, i spend hours weekly on tech support to my ip, and good luck with d-lkink themselves. I spend hours googling solutions becuase my line is constantly showing 'no internet connection' and n eed to restart every device about every 2 days and re-enter all settings then it jsut drops out again. useless hunk of expensive junk.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Shallow Yet pedantic

This is a powerful modem for a powerful guy Like dumbo, it’s blue it’s looks like a triangle. It fast it looks cool but not the bomb, but is the bomb, don’t waste $597 of yours at rip off officeworks, go buy it on eBay for only $220. Now that’s better then %5.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Overpriced Router - Poor Client Cap

This router is fast and works well with an good range. However, it is limited to a maximum of 28 clients. This means that it will start dropping clients when this number is reached and you will randomly lose your wifi connection over time. This is a very poor design for such an expensive router as my old D-Link DSL-2890AL from 5 years ago was able to handle about 35 clients!

Do yourself a favour and buy a Google Wifi router, one of those units can easily handle 50+ connections with no drop outs what so ever. They are much cheaper as 3 of them (150+ clients) will cost just under what it will cost for one of these.

Poor design D-Link, why can't you upgrade your chipset to get into the modern age of smart home devices? A router needs to be able to handle more than just 30 connections or it is useless.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Works good. Great for multiple devices.

After we finally got the NBN, I bought this router on eBay after reading the reviews and hearing about how great they are. Yes, it works great when its connected, but it would drop out from time to time and the speed seemed to drop off over time too.
We do have 15 devices connected and I thought that maybe that was the problem. After disconnecting about half of them, the problem still remained.
I was always having to reset the router when speeds would drop, but when it reconnected, it worked fine again.
We recently had some upgrade work done on our local Node which is only 300mtrs away and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. Speeds at the moment are always consistent any time of the day and we don't seem to have that problem anymore. I have have now reconnected all the other devices and all is good again Hopefully it was the upgrade that fixed it and not some intermediate problem the router has.
All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

More glossy packaging then reality

Easy to install and use however it doesn't have the desired capability in our house.  We have the router (using adsl) sitting at one end of our approximately 40 metres or less long house.  My study is at the other end.  Between the router and study is a 3/4 height brick wall, a plaster board wall, the hall to our bedroom and then the study (besser block walls). Despite the marketed capabilities of the router it could only manage 2 bars in the study. I do not wish to spend additional money wiring the router to a more central location...the whole point of buying a more capable router in the first place. Given the high price I guess I expected somewhat more. I raised this with the support team and I got a fob off. Therefore I cannot recommend this device for others who have what appears to be a slightly more complicate home structure.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great modem paid $430, rather then full price $750 Price Match

Its only worth it if you price match it cause its does not stand up for what it says on box, paying way too much for unreliable garbage hardware. If you know how to argue Officeworks for your right of having that %5 lucrative deal that office work lure you into buying their product good luck trying to get it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Excellent product

Excellent product tried many other brands ,but the D-Link was the only one to reach the distance we need .speeds were more than adequate the desighn of the product that enables you to place it and direct it to where the signals need to go, able to operate six items at a time.
Highly recommended

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Best modem ever

It is definitely worth the value, it has an incredibly strong connection and no dropouts at all. It has 4 different frequencies and each of them with their own personal specification. You can have 4 networks with 4 separate names. I would definitely recommend this modem to everyone, it's worth the price!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

You will not be disappointed

Wifi has incredible radius, meaning I can be half way down my street and still have 3 bars wifi. Our internet has been laggy or dropped out since buying the dlink taipan. I could not recommend this modem enough. It is a little pricey but it’s definitely worth the money

Horrible!

I just purchased this beast, removed bigponds best modem/router because i wasn't happy with the buffering i was geting on Netflix, and i was hoping to extend the wifi distance, into my kids bedroom. but the Taipan hasn't improved anything. still getting 2-6mbps and still can't get wifi in the kids bedrooms.

Massive Device!

Great coverage provided on the D-Link Taipan AC3200 DSL-4320L. Price is a bit steep though for those on a budget but it is worth it. 2 Bands of 5GHz is a bonus! WiFi coverage is amazing, able to reach the entire house (and even the granny flat) with speeds still at top notch. There's the ability to even attach a HDD to it to share content across the house which makes it even easier to share home videos as you can connect to a TV and stream it from there!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great wifi range & lightning speed

I’m in a 50square 2 story house and the wifi range and strength is great. No real signal loss in the far corners of the house and download speed isn’t too bad in the far areas either.

Can connect multiple devices easily and manages the load well. Great modem, a bit expensive but does what it’s supposed to do... oh.. and great for gaming too!!!

Nice looking?

Pretty decent WIFI coverage even crosses floors and walls, even over the street in my neighbor's house. I do not feel the improvement of speed in both channels, but fairly good when lots devices connected at same time.
So I would recommend this to people who don't want to be interrupted during gaming.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great Speed

I am currently on FTTN NBN. This modem has worked well for my needs. However, my room directly upstairs will get maybe the 2nd range of wifi strength, which for the cost I expected it to be full strength.
However, I can't fault the connection as I no longer get any dropouts and the speed is quite stable. Also has a wide reaching range. I game a lot so stability and speed are quite important and this seems to perform quite well.
I can connect a lot of devices at the same time, at least 7 , and I dont get any performance/speed issues and can stream Netflix and play games without lag at the same time. Quite satisfied with this purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Very Happy

This modem has worked well for us. Set up was a bit tricky but once set up we have had no trouble. Bought this after struggling with internet speed as fiance is a gamer. Definitely improved with this modem. We don't have NBN so will supposedly work even better with that.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great Modem

Purchased this modem from a low end dlink. There are 2 frequencies (2.4ghz and 5ghz). There are 2 5.2ghz hotspots to connect to. This modem is extremely stable with 20+ devices connected to it. The range of this modem is surprisingly great. It can reach to our neighbour's house as well

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Absolutely brilliant!

I bought this modem upgrading from my netgear and I loved it it has 1 frequency of 2.4 GHz and 2 frequencies of 5 GHz to connect to at different places in the house and this works great for me as I have a big house. Everybody in my house is a big internet user and this modem/router let's me do online gaming, youtube, netflix and facebook all at once.

Reliable Workhorse

Two kids gaming online, one kid streaming 4K Netflix and one watching YouTube. All without buffering issues or hiccups. This thing is a workhorse. Love the thing!
The only thing I can fault it on is it's appearance... to me it looks like a deceased cockroach lying on it's back but hey... the reliability and performance far outweighs it's looks.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great upgrade option!

Upgraded to this baby and works great. Only issue I have is the wifi does not seem as strong as I would like it to be considering the price of this unit. Other than that, no problems. Great sync with FTTB, good wifi speeds. Easy to use user interface. Would recommend to friends and family.

Date PurchasedMar 2017