Daikin FDYQN Series

Daikin FDYQN Series Questions & Answers

FDYQN140, FDYQN125, FDYQN100, etc...

6 questions from our users

Dan

Danasked

FDYQN160

Looking for a WiFi controller and app for Daikin FDYQN160.

Julie
Julie

It’s called iZone

FSA

FSAasked

FDYQN100

advise the total cooling capacity at the following setpoints :
Indoor unit
Air on coil = 30°C DB / 22°C WB

Outdoor unit
Air on coil = 40°C

George K.

George K.asked

FDYQN160

Is this model Daikin inverter FDYQN160 adequate for a 270sq.m. (29 square) 2 storey home?

dhkzip
dhkzip

Too small

Samasked

FDYQN Series

What are the noise levels of the outdoor unit like? I'm thinking of getting the FDYQN160 but don't want it to be loud enough to bother the neighbours.

Leigh
Leigh

Our outdoor unit is situated directly outside our kitchen window and the sound from it has never really been a problem. It is certainly not loud. As we live in the country the unit faces out onto shrubbery and small trees so there are no hard surfaces to reflect sound (if you live in the city, for example, and neighbours are close and there are plenty of concrete walls, hard fences, etc). Even still, the two fans don't seem to make much sound.
I should also point out that the unit did break down in the first year and the problem was a faulty printed circuit board but it was replaced quickly and efficiently.
The whole system cools the house very well in out hot summers but is not so good at heating in the winter.
However, we are generally very happy with it and sound has never been a real problem.

Sam

Thanks for the thorough answer, Leigh!

Lloyd

Lloydasked

FDYQN100

Please advise the dimensions of this ceiling-mounted unit together with the external unit? Also the unit component weights.
Thanks.

MTT

Hey I am a consumer like you so I don't know those technical answers. Sorry .Should direct tho se to a Daikin sales person. Try perhaps AGL show room staff?

Ken

Kenasked

FDYQN125

For a 197sq meter house will these specs be sufficient?
Heat 15.0kW
Cooling 12.5kW

MTT

Ken, I think it's best to ring the Daikin people or some other company and ask those sort of questions as there are guidelines as to size and capacity. Furthermore if its gas heating, for safety reasons as well, professional recommendation is important. I was told years ago that there is always some portion of unburnt gas which needs to escape from the room for health reasons.Hence over sized heater is contra indicated.

Dazza
Dazza

Ken I’m sorry I’m unable to answer your question as I think the best way to go about it is to get two installers to give a quote and see hat they both suggest this is the way I went about it and they both suggested 10kw and to play it safe I said I want to go to the next size which was 12.5kw and went with the guy I thought most confident with and as it turned out he was fantastic and I couldn’t be happier. In the first place I tried getting information from Daikin but they don’t give any recommendations as they said every situation is different. Hope this information is helpful Ken, good luck