Darche Dusk To Dawn

• Portability
Tim

TimDarling Downs, QLD

Bad poles

We bought four from Snowys last year. Great product but poles are weak and break very easily.

when we complain to Snowys they refer us to Darche. Darche will not replace poles on Warranty and no poles available.

Purchased in August 2020 at Snowys Outdoors Online store.

Emily

EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality

We wanted to shop local and avoid cheap makes but we're super disappointed with the quality and way over-priced for what you get. The 1100 swag couldn't handle a wet season in west QLD, leaked like a sieve after seasoning twice before use to avoid this! End pole broke on the third use and there's no replacement stock available in QLD any time soon. Haven't heard from the Darche warranty team but from what I'm reading they don't cover poles in the warranty anyway... would definitely avoid buying Darche and stick to a better make!

Purchased in December 2020 for $450.00.

Unnacceptable quality

I am on the 3rd set of poles in 12 months for my sons Darche Dusk to Dawn swag. I would not recommend Darche to anyone. We paid good money for what I believed was quality equipment as we spend a lot of time camping.
You cannot rely on the swag and are forced to carry spares at all times. To make it worse, throughout 2020 year the replacement poles have been continually out of stock in south east Qld camping stores and major online camping stores. (I assume this is due to the high level of breakage) I am now searching for a new swag as I can't continually spend $40+ every few months to keep the swag functioning.

Purchased in December 2019 at Down Under Camping.

Tents

Find out how Darche Dusk To Dawn compares to other Tents

Poles snapped.

Benn happy with it in every way until, like most complaints, both poles snapped within 36 hours! Tried at six stores in rural NSW, unable to get a Darche replacement, or anything suitable. Will go to Aussie Disposal on return to Sydney. The flexible poles are a bad idea, the old straight poles with angles ferrules never brake. My Dune from Anaconda has lasted many years, I just outgrew it. Foolishly, I ignored these reviews about the poles.

Purchased in April 2019 for $350.00.

Both swag poles snapped, Darche doesn’t care

The swag itself is not too bad but the poles are way too weak. One snapped in the middle of the night on the 2nd time of setting it up, darche said they were gonna send one to me but even after one week of it being "dispatched" the tracking number is still unconfirmed let alone anything arrived. Last night the other pole snapped and Im up in Broome where - surprise - noone stocks darche gear. I called darche and they don’t really care that I have no swag to sleep in tonight because I have both swag poles snapped

Purchased in August 2020 at Tentworld Physical store for $479.00.

Overpriced

I bought a dusk to dawn because I thought it was a top quality unit worth the extra dollars with a 2 year warranty. However after a few uses the poles at the ends broke, on returning to place of purchase I was informed that poles are not covered in the warranty, this was not explained at the time of purchase and anyway what use is a warranty with exclusions on vital components. I would advise buyers to go for a cheaper option and then if there are problems you still have a few dollars to replace bits. Apart from the appalling pole problems the swag performs pretty well in all weather conditions, set up is reasonably easy and is quite comfortable. pack up is also straight forward. Just a shame it is spoiled by faulty poles

Purchased in March 2018 for $400.00.

Great swag and great customer service.

This has been a favourite purchase for our camping kit, I purchased this for a quick easy set up when it was just me or I took two of the kids with me for a short trip and we all love it. I've compared this with a friend's copy from King's and these are far superior. After the first use I noticed a small fault inn the stitching, I emailed Darche and had a replacement out within a week. We love using this and always have a great sleep.

Purchased in May 2017 for $379.00.

Tom

TomNortheast, VIC

Darche do it a second time

Purchased in June 2015 for $399.00.

Appalling Customer Service - Warranty Worth Nothing

Be careful purchasing one of these. One of the aluminium poles snapped on the first night - clearly faulty. However Darche refused to honour warranty or accept responsibility - poles are considered a "wear and tear" item even if brand new! Full credit to Snowy's for providing replacement. I have since reported this matter to the Office of Business and Consumer Affairs SA as Darche is required to replace products under consumer guarantee where they fail to be "safe, lasting, with no faults" and "do all the things someone would normally expect them to do". 5 stars for Snowy's, 0 stars for Darche. Unfortunately, I have to give 1 star as I have no choice.

Tents

Find out how Darche Dusk To Dawn compares to other Tents

McLeod

McLeodMackay

Sandfly Palace

Although it was well built with nice canvas, zips, bucket floor and poles the mesh was not superfine and I was eaten alive by sand flies. I watched them go straight through the mesh. This made my camping trip miserable.

Excellent Swag Tent

I purchased this swag directly from the Darche website with excellent customer service and quick delivery times. After been recommend this swag on my camping trips I took it out of the bag with no hassle, went on a week long camping trip with strong wind and rain, to my surprise it stood up to the conditions extremely well been a freestanding tent (when two ends are not staked out). Not one leak in the tent, and the mattress is what you would expect from a mid range swag - O.K. Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone going on camping trips in any type of conditions!!!!

Steve

Steveperth

The Swag That Promises But Doesn't Deliver

After being highly recommended this swag, all was explained how to weather the swag in, I purchase the swag and did everything that was explained to me, a few weeks later we set out on the fishing trip of decade after 2 days of camping the rain started so did the troubles with my brand new Darche swag, there just as much rain in my swag as outside this continued on four days. The other guys on the crew had purchased much cheaper swags and got through dry as a bone needless to say this swag made my trip one to remember for life time then when it came packing up one the flexible bow's broke. I consider this a true & honest appraisal of my Darche Dusk Til Dawn 1100 swag.