MPN: EN85RAE

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Bettyw
BettywCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great coffee maker

This is a great little coffee maker, maybe even a tiny bit small if you drink lots. The footprint is small enough to hide anywhere and the pod catcher is designed to drain the excess water out before storing used pods for disposal.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $195.00.

Mardi
MardiSydney, NSW

Great Machine

I bought this machine (with frother) a couple of weeks before Christmas. Had another cheaper machines before this but wasn't very impressed. This one I love, small enough to take away in the caravan, and when not in use, store in a kitchen drawer. Great coffee. The temperature is just right. I mainly use for a long shot. I don't use the drip tray as the clearance is not enough for an average cup, but if I have to sacrifice that for a very compact machine, I don't really mind. Love, love this machine.

Purchased in November 2018 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for $169.00.

Valerie
ValerieCanberra 2600, ACT

No more café prices for me!

Makes a great cup of coffee comparable to any coffee shop.
2 Programmable sizes or choose a different amount per serve.
The frother can either heat, heat and froth, or just froth (cold milk) so it's great for hot or iced chocolate or coffee. Comes with a selection of 20 Nespresso coffee pods.
Doesn't take up much counter space.

Purchased in July 2019 for $111.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini EN85RAE (Red,Aeroccino 3) compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Jon W.
Jon W.Perth

Simple and easy to use.

Owned it for a few days. It's produced okay coffee. It is simple to set-up and is simple to use.

One observation is that there is insufficient clearance between the drip tray and the dispenser.
In order to use it - I remove the drip tray and place my mug on the bench.

Other than that - it's great.

Bought it on a promotion which made it under $100 which is a good price point. If it cost anything more, the value proposition wouldn't be realistic - given it's functionality.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Jez
JezGoogong

Great machine

I have had this coffee machine for 6 months now and don't know how I got through without it! The coffee (generally using the short shot) tastes great. Although I have my favourite varieties, all so far are good. The temperature of the coffee is just right and drinkable straight away.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Paola
PaolaMelbourne

Ideal Machine For Anyone

I have this fantastic machine which we use every where we go. We love Nespresso coffee and being able to carry on this little machine makes the most wonderful item for our trips. Both, machine and milk frother are easy to use and simple to clean. Highly recommend machine if you are traveller (best local trip as we haven't use this machine overseas). We haven't had any issue with the machine since purchased.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Clair Brooke
Clair BrookeWest Beach

Wonderful for a small appliance!

Can't believe how well this very small coffee maker makes fantastic coffee dispite the mini size of the appliance. The Captuals are easy to fit in the machine and come in a wide range of types. Very easy to use simply plug in put in the Captuals and away you go then you get a great drink at the end

Ursula Matson
Ursula MatsonAdelaide

Coffee machine

This has been a brilliant machine from my office and is well hidden in a cupboard for my instant pleasure. My colleagues and clients have no idea what I'm up to although the machine does make a very loud noise when there is no other sound around. I also have a milk froth are which does and is also in the cupboard with the machine. The only issue I have is that Machine doesn't hold much water. Otherwise it is incredibly easy to use

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Celia
CeliaBrisbane

Easy to use

Taste of coffee is great. It's so easy to use. I even get the nespresso compatible hot chocolate pods and even the kids can do it themselves. We use it everyday at least 3-4 times. Cleaning it is also very easy just run it under the tap and it's good as new

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Mel E.
Mel E.Perth

Well Loved

We had a lattisima machine as a hand me down when it broke we bought this as a replacement. While I like that one, this Essenza is way better as it only uses less space on our kitchen bench. Absolutely love the milk frother that comes with it. It'll save me a ton of money as compared to the pricey coffee shops and it's very easy to clean.

Stan
StanWestern Australia

Beautiful machine and tasty coffee

Brought the Essenza Mini with the milk frother from Retravision. It is a very handy machine and fits neatly on a small kitchen bench. We love the design and it is very easy to use. The coffee is smooth and tasty with a wide selection to choose from. Very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sheryl
SherylBrisbane

My own in house barista

Loved the compact size of the machine. Easy to be kept and doesn't take a lot of space. Easy to operate and coffee tastes great. The Aeroccino 3 add another level of taste to the coffee, making it taste as good as coffee made by barista. A great way to save money on coffee in the long run.

Danni
DanniLaunceston

Great little machine nice and small very easy to use no confusion with how to operate

Coffee tastes great from it

I did have A bigger machine previously and needed a new one at a good price only thing is takes little but longer to make a coffee but in saying that still a great little machine

Date PurchasedAug 2017
George37Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Coffee perfection

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Amy N
Amy NBrisbae

I love this coffee machine! I wake up every morning feeling tired and this machine just makes getting a coffee so quick and cheap. I recommend this coffee machine to anyone looking for a quick way to get some caffeine. I love it & it has made my life so much better!

Date PurchasedJune 2017