DeLonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini EN85RAE (Red,Aeroccino 3)
Part of Delonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini  4.3 (109)

DeLonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini EN85RAE (Red,Aeroccino 3)

MPN:EN85RAE

18 reviews · Statistics

100% · 180%

Product is used
  • Daily (3)
Noise Level
Consistency
Milk Frothing
See the Best Coffee Machines in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Delonghi Nespresso Essenza Min › EN85RAE (Red,Aeroccino 3)18 reviews
Bettyw
BettywVICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC9 posts

Great coffee maker

This is a great little coffee maker, maybe even a tiny bit small if you drink lots. The footprint is small enough to hide anywhere and the pod catcher is designed to drain the excess water out before storing used pods for disposal. Show details
Noise Level
Consistency
Milk Frothing
Mardi
MardiNSWSydney, NSW48 posts

Great Machine

I bought this machine (with frother) a couple of weeks before Christmas. Had another cheaper machines before this but wasn't very impressed. This one I love, small enough to take away in the caravan, and when not in use, store in a kitchen drawer. Great coffee. The temperature is just right. I mainly use for a long shot. I don't use the drip tray as the clearance is not enough for an average cup, but if I have to sacrifice that for a very compact machine, I don't really mind. Love, love this machine. Show details
Valerie
ValerieACTCanberra 2600, ACT16 posts
  EN85RAE

No more café prices for me!

Makes a great cup of coffee comparable to any coffee shop.
2 Programmable sizes or choose a different amount per serve.
The frother can either heat, heat and froth, or just froth (cold milk) so it's great for hot or iced chocolate or coffee. Comes with a selection of 20 Nespresso coffee pods.
Doesn't take up much counter space. Show details
Jon W.
Jon W.Perth13 posts

Simple and easy to use

Owned it for a few days. It's produced okay coffee. It is simple to set-up and is simple to use.

One observation is that there is insufficient clearance between the drip tray and the dispenser.

In order to use it - I remove the drip tray and place my mug on the bench.

Other than that - it's great.

Bought it on a promotion which made it under $100 which is a good price point. If it cost anything more, the value proposition wouldn't be realistic - given it's functionality.

Jez
JezGoogong4 posts

Great machine

I have had this coffee machine for 6 months now and don't know how I got through without it! The coffee (generally using the short shot) tastes great. Although I have my favourite varieties, all so far are good. The temperature of the coffee is just right and drinkable straight away.

Paola
PaolaMelbourne13 posts

Ideal Machine For Anyone

I have this fantastic machine which we use every where we go. We love Nespresso coffee and being able to carry on this little machine makes the most wonderful item for our trips. Both, machine and milk frother are easy to use and simple to clean. Highly recommend machine if you are traveller (best local trip as we haven't use this machine overseas). We haven't had any issue with the machine since purchased.

Clair Brooke
Clair BrookeWest Beach4 posts
  EN85RAE

Wonderful for a small appliance!

Can't believe how well this very small coffee maker makes fantastic coffee dispite the mini size of the appliance. The Captuals are easy to fit in the machine and come in a wide range of types. Very easy to use simply plug in put in the Captuals and away you go then you get a great drink at the end

Ursula Matson
Ursula MatsonSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

Coffee machine

This has been a brilliant machine from my office and is well hidden in a cupboard for my instant pleasure. My colleagues and clients have no idea what I'm up to although the machine does make a very loud noise when there is no other sound around. I also have a milk froth are which does and is also in the cupboard with the machine. The only issue I have is that Machine doesn't hold much water. Otherwise it is incredibly easy to use

Celia
CeliaBrisbane6 posts

Easy to use

Taste of coffee is great. It's so easy to use. I even get the nespresso compatible hot chocolate pods and even the kids can do it themselves. We use it everyday at least 3-4 times. Cleaning it is also very easy just run it under the tap and it's good as new

Mel E.
Mel E.Perth7 posts

Well Loved

We had a lattisima machine as a hand me down when it broke we bought this as a replacement. While I like that one, this Essenza is way better as it only uses less space on our kitchen bench. Absolutely love the milk frother that comes with it. It'll save me a ton of money as compared to the pricey coffee shops and it's very easy to clean.

Stan
StanWestern Australia4 posts
  EN85RAE

Beautiful machine and tasty coffee

Brought the Essenza Mini with the milk frother from Retravision. It is a very handy machine and fits neatly on a small kitchen bench. We love the design and it is very easy to use. The coffee is smooth and tasty with a wide selection to choose from. Very happy with the purchase.

Sheryl
SherylBrisbane5 posts

My own in house barista

Loved the compact size of the machine. Easy to be kept and doesn't take a lot of space. Easy to operate and coffee tastes great. The Aeroccino 3 add another level of taste to the coffee, making it taste as good as coffee made by barista. A great way to save money on coffee in the long run.

Danni
DanniLaunceston5 posts

Great

Great little machine nice and small very easy to use no confusion with how to operate

Coffee tastes great from it

I did have A bigger machine previously and needed a new one at a good price only thing is takes little but longer to make a coffee but in saying that still a great little machine

George37VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC33 posts
Amy N
Amy NBrisbae24 posts

I love it!

I love this coffee machine! I wake up every morning feeling tired and this machine just makes getting a coffee so quick and cheap. I recommend this coffee machine to anyone looking for a quick way to get some caffeine. I love it & it has made my life so much better!

Catherine K
Catherine K · Nespresso Essenza Mini EN85RAE (Red,Aeroccino 3)

Sustainability is important, can this model be used with a refillable pod?

George37

Hi Catherine good question but I have no idea. Suggest you contact Nespresso or use google for a possible answer. If the answer is yes it would apply to just about all their machines as they use the same pods.

Sally
Sally

Nespresso pods are finely calibrated so you can't refill them. But unlike other brands, Nespresso pods are recyclable at all Nespresso emporiums and at a range of florists. All of the metal is reprocessed and the grounds are used for fertiliser.

SharonKH
SharonKH

You can also buy degradable pods that fit Nespresso machines. Urban Brew have them

Compare all Delonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini listings
CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines
Price (RRP) $149$259
Pump Pressure19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar
Input Power1,150 W1,150 W1,150 W1,150 W
Water Tank Capacity0.6 L0.6 L0.6 L0.6 L
Dimensions 205 x 110 x 325 mm205 x 110 x 325 mm205 x 110 x 325 mm205 x 110 x 325 mm
Weight2.3 kg2.3 kg2.3 kg2.3 kg
Capsule CompatabilityNespressoNespressoNespressoNespresso
Milk FrotherNoneSeparate
Heat-up Time 25 seconds25 seconds25 seconds25 seconds
Auto Shut-offYesYesYesYes
Shot FunctionsEspressoEspresso and Lungo
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishRedWhiteWhiteLime Green