DermaVeen Oatmeal Range

DermaVeen Oatmeal Range

Conditioner and Shampoo

See the Best Shampoos & Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Priscilla P.

Priscilla P.Perth, WA

Absolutely perfect and Cruelty Free!

Perfect! I’m in love with all those products, including shampoo and body moisturizer. I bought due to my itchy scalp and from now on I will keep using all products!

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles for $15.00.

Smell
Hair Type Normal

Diana

DianaVictoria

Dries out your hair

Purchased in September 2018 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Smell
Hair Type Dry
Alexis

Alexis

My saviour!

Great for sensitive, dry & inflamed scalp. Now i'm recovering. Mix it w/ water in a container when washing every other day together w/ same brand of conditioner. My hair loss is becoming lesser so I'm getting my hair thicker back. Thanks so much Dermaveen, hope it would work and help too to others who are feeling helpless to their condition.

Purchased in March 2019.

Smell
Hair Type Coloured and Dry
Linda

LindaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ok but need to add "leave in" product

Good basic conditioner. Did not irritate my scalp. Probably best for non colored/treated hair. Need to use twice as much as my usual conditioner so fairly expensive if u have longer hair

Love it

I bought this shampoo after noticing dandruff around my hairline, my friends have always told me i get dandruff in my hair too. My scalp is dry but my hair gets oily, and every past shampoo has left my hair stripped of oils and kinda dead looking.
Anyway i bought this shampoo because my scalp was itchy and it was a little expensive in my eyes but it works amazingly! My hair is shiny and i have less fly-aways. It just looks really nice so im happy after first try :)

Emily Yap

Emily YapAdelaide

Great for daily wash!

It seemed that I have not been getting the right hair shampoo here until I came across this oatmeal range from Dermaveen! Although it doesn't smell as good as other hair shampoo, It's perfect for daily wash as it's gentle to scalp. My scalp was initially too dry and flaky but this shampoo has completely changed my hair condition after I started using it! Unlike other hair shampoo which could be too harsh on scalp, this shampoo soothes and nourishes the scalp! Love this product and I don't think I'll be switching to other hair shampoo!

Kat t

Kat tNewcastle

Loved this product

I have been using dermaveen for my hair for a few years; stopped dry itchy he / so good! But lately it is just not helping anymore; if he formula has changed, why?

JInPerth

JInPerthPerth WA

Why did they change it?

I now have breakouts on my head, forehead and upper back because they now have wheat it in & I hadn't realised that they'd changed it. Not happy. At. All

Agreed - new formula is bad change!

I too am very disappointed with the changed Dermaveen conditioner formula this year. For the last 2 years it was the only conditioner I could find that didn't trigger an allergy-like reaction from breathing it on my hair. Now it's just like all the others! :( And my hair has to go unconditioned :(

caveat_emptor

caveat_emptorAU

Doesn't work for me

I had used Neutrogena T/Gel for many years with excellent results but I switched to DermaVeen to save money. Two weeks later and my itchy, flaky scalp has returned with a vengeance, so I have no choice but to return to Neutrogena. Very disappointed with DermaVeen.

New formula doesn't work for me!

I have been using the shampoo for 20 years very successfully for dry and itchy scalp. Recently I have had dry and itchy scalp and have now noticed that there is a new improved formula. I notice of another reviewer has had the same problem. When I ring the one 800 number on the back of the bottle it tells me that that number is not available from my mobile phone. I would really like to talk to someone about this. On a more positive note I also notice that the words oatmeal shampoo are now bigger on the bottle which is really good for we people who can't see without glasses or contact lenses in the shower .

mj88

mj88Western Australia

My new favourite

I bought this Shampoo at my local pharmacy after everyday shampoos had been leaving my scalp irritated and very itchy. I'd previously used Selsun Blue to help with a sudden dandruff issue I had but found it quite chemical smelling and it left my hair looking fried. This shampoo is my new favourite, I don't think I'll switch to anything else for a long time. It smells lovely, washes my hair well and leaves it feeling silky and smooth. It also completely calmed down my irritated scalp after two washes which is exactly what I was after. I'd always prefer a more 'natural' approach to scalp care so this works really well for me.

Why have they changed the formula?

Have been using this product for a number of years and it was the only one I found that works for my sensitive scalp and skin. Started a new bottle last week that had a 'new improved formula' sticker on it. Now getting stinging and itchiness when I use plus hair feels like it has been stripped. Very disappointed.

no improvement

I have been using both Dermaveen Shampoo and Conditioner for psoriasis/eczema for a month. Not only is it not relieving my condition, I suspect it is slightly worse.

Love this product

Was recommended this shampoo after suffering continuous itching patches on my scalp. I always previously used expensive salon shampoos & conditioners. Dermaveen makes my hair soft & shiny. The smell is a bit dull so I spray a small amount of perfume when hair is damp and it smells divine. Another thing I do is add a small amount of essential oils to conditioner like patchouli, sandal wood etc. I notice some reviewers have mentioned it's expensive. I always buy on sale at different shops.

Gentle, great for eczema and dandruff

Normal shampoo dries out my scalp, making my eczema and dandruff manifest more severely. I've found that this shampoo is very soothing, lathers well and does not give me an itch.

The down-side is the smell as I do love a nice fragrant shampoo + conditioner, while this one is very medicinal-smelling. It also makes my hair greasy after only a day or 2 without washing, while I could go for at least 3 days before.

Overall, great if you want a break from harsh chemicals on your sensitive scalp - it really provides relief from eczema and itching. However, not one I would use on a constant basis due to the smell and less effective 'cleansing' factor.

Pixal

Pixal

Been using for years, still happy.

Normal shampoo just irritates and makes my skin flare, been using this about five years, tends to leave my hair a bit limp if I condition also, so this is one shampoo you can use without conditioner even on colour treated hair. I will alternate this shampoo with poo bars etc, but still find they can irritate my scalp, I have never had "burnout" with this shampoo either. Reliable, safe, use it on your baby, play with other shampoos till your head hurts then use for the sweet relief, smells like almond essence. Now available in supermarkets.

Mondayitis

MondayitisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's ok but not for me

Vanessa C

Vanessa CMelbourne

Relief for scalp

I suffered a sore scalp from a harsh shampoo and was in agony. I purchased this product and wet my hair and left the conditioner on for fifteen minutes. Admittedly i slathered heaps on to get relief but it worked. It soothed the pain. Highly recommend. It is now sold in Coles supermarket...great to see more fragrance free and natural products on the shelf.

Bassetluva

BassetluvaPerth

So far so good

I have only used this shampoo 3 times but the results are promising. I am no longer getting an itchy scalp a day or so after shampooing and my hair is soft and shiny. Remains to be seen whether I am happy long term as numerous shampoos I have tried have not worked after a few weeks. Hence only 4 stars. I'm being cautious.