3.6

3.9
4.3

Liz
LizSouthwest, VIC

'Glitch' in my week due to your 'Glitch'

I have been having meals for a few weeks now, and reasonably happy with the quality. I was expecting a delivery today, scheduled and had a confirmation. I then received a call at 9.47am to advise there had been a 'glitch' in the system, and no delivery today and cannot deliver until Saturday! I work full time, have health issues and dependent on meal delivery. No compensation offered, I asked about what was to be done in regards to financial reimbursement. I was told I would get a gift card of $25 to 'enjoy with a later order! Not impressed Dinner Ladies. You have really let me down.
A.Jane
A.JaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service. Fraud check on a past customer which took days to process, resulting in delayed order

Ordered on Monday 25Mar using a gift voucher a friend left gave me and my regular credit card I have been using for years. Someone left me a voicemail on Wed 27Mar two days later with no explanation for the call, so I rang back the following day to be advised they were doing a fraud check on me. Why would it take two days to call about this? Any alerts from payment systems are instant if they in fact even occur?

I am a past customer and it's a credit card I have been using for years. My honest sense of this situation is that they didn't want to do a delivery over Easter and have made this whole story up. I have family coming over and needed the order supplied on time. WILL NOT BE USING THIS COMPANY AGAIN. Show details

Connie L
Connie LSydney, NSW11 posts

Great dinners

I tried their dinner for the first time and am really impressed with the quality and portion size of their dinners. Just like homemade. The best ready cooked meals delivered I have tried so far. Delivery is fine too kept cold and well package. The packing is environmentally friendly. Price is higher than other companies but the quality justified the price. Show details
Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H.4 posts

angry

1. the front door was open behind a locked screen door but the delivery did not announce their arrival
2. the box was not left in the requested designated area but left sitting in the midday sun
3. the delivery left the front gate open with a 3 and 5 year old children in the back yard
I dont care if the food is good at the expense of child safety
Bella3 posts

Crooked people

Satay chicken supposed to be chicken breast or thigh
What I got was a drumsticks with a teaspoon of unindentifiable sauce not even close to satay sauce
Disgusting.....
Will never offer again Show details

Oder....

Flora
Flora2 posts

Wonderful food

We've gotten our Christmas food from Dinner Ladies for the past two years; we get enough to last us a couple of days around Christmas. It's just the two of us so buying the ingredients to prepare the amount of food we usually get from the Dinner Ladies would probably cost the same, if not more, and definitely wouldn't taste as good!
The food arrives on time, is packaged with care, has clear and detailed instructions, and most importantly, tastes absolutely amazing. Every meal is fresh and full of flavour, the portions are precise and sufficient, and every meal tastes like a home-cooked meal made with love and not the way that pre-prepared meals often do.
I would wholeheartedly recommend the Dinner Ladies and their wonderful food. Show details ·  1
Car W
Car WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Sorry but this was awful

I ordered the mac and cheese - worst I have ever had by far. It was just like drinking a cup of oil with garlic in it Show details
rick.mapperson
rick.mapperson2 posts

Superb

We ordered from the Dinner Ladies as we were hosting a large retreat. There were 11 people to be fed. All the dishes received positive feedback. The portion sizes were surprisingly generous. Our delivery was to the Blue Mountains but that was no issue. It arrived when it was promised, photographic proof was provided. Will definitely use again. Show details ·  1
BrianVee
BrianVeeSydney, NSW79 posts

Kathy Sutton
Kathy SuttonSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Can't believe how good DL is !

This is by far the best food delivery we have used - excellent and ever changing menu ( I miss the ottolenghi chicken too !) everything we have ordered has been super tasty.. and in our household the small size does three people when pairing with a few of your own sides! Super handy for busy people to have such restaurant quality food at hand at home. Show details ·  1
Ms Logan
Ms LoganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

So far, so good

I recently received a voucher in my Bao Bag and decided to order some meals for the post-partum period given I'm almost due. They arrived very promptly and for frozen meals, they honestly look great. I think the value is good as well. Tempted to try one now but I'm on a gestational diabetes diet until delivery so I'll just have to be patient! My suggestion is nutritional values: I would love to know the carb content for instance, so I could have also ordered some meals to eat now with the gestational diabetes Show details ·  1
Jane
JaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Delicious and easy!

We were gifted a voucher to use when our baby arrived. Best gift ever! The meals have saved us so much mental load and time. So easy to heat up and all the meals taste so home cooked. We ended up ordering more! Love the lasagne, pies, chicken strips and curries.
Meals arrived when they said and received updates as soon as they were delivered. Show details ·  1
ryan5985
ryan59852 posts

Restaurant quality meals

We received a DL gift card after our dog died (RIP Boo) after looking at the website I thought it looked nice bit was a bit pricey. After receiving the meals I was thoroughly impressed with the quality both the vegetarian and meat based meals. Since our initial order we’ve ordered another 3 meals to replace the days when would normally do take-outs. My only gripe is the Ottolenghi marbella chicken has disappeared! Show details ·  1
Lilly
LillySydney, NSW

Outstanding Service!

We ordered a food package for a colleague who was recently unwell. At the very last minute, we had to change the delivery date, because their hospital stay was extended and there would be nobody at home to receive it. The staff at Dinner Ladies went out of their way to keep me informed every step of the way and arranged the food to be delivered a day later than originally scheduled. Absolutely amazing, wonderful, caring and professional people. What a rare thing in this age of 'self serve'. I couldn't praise them more highly. A special shout out to V. You know who you are! Thank you xx Show reply
SJD
SJDSydney, NSW

An overpriced bland microwaveable meal

Teriyaki chicken, didn’t taste like teriyaki chicken, didn’t taste like anything really. Just stodgy food.
$15 per portion , one would expect flavour at least. Quantity was ok not $15 worth but I’d prefer half the quantity with some flavour.
I would not recommend this product. Show details