Direct Kitchens

Direct Kitchens

See the Best Kitchen Renovators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A beautiful kitchen for a lifetime!

Direct Kitchens were magnificent to deal with. Julia the designer from the start gave us her time to truly understand what we needed for the new kitchen. The quality of the cabinetry is superb. Direct kitchens have their own factory and everything is made here in Victoria. The trades people were great to deal with - Direct Kitchens manages them all. If anything goes wrong as sometimes happens in construction Direct Kitchens were very solutions orientated. Nothing was too much trouble. The result a beautiful kitchen for our whole family to enjoy. I highly recommend anyone looking at Kitchen companies to call Direct Kitchens. We are really happy we did!! Thank Flora and your whole team for making our home more beautiful.

Great kitchen design and install, happy and friendly service to go with it!

We have been so happy with the service and quality of work by Direct Kitchens in our new kitchen build. We were replacing an entire kitchen and in the end it involved a complete change to the layout as well. From the first visit by the designer it was clear that they were going to pay attention to detail. We had no idea what to do in the beginning, and he started making all sorts of suggestions that took us "outside the box" and when we started having our own ideas he happily talked through them, and helped us to arrive at a design that we were completely happy with and that "worked".
The installers were highly skilled, confident and friendly, and nothing was to hard or too much trouble for them, they always went the extra mile where needed. We are now settled into our new kitchen and so happy with it, and I'm definitely glad we went with Direct Kitchens for this big renovation job.

Great Kitchen design and after sales service

The design of the kitchen has really improved the functionality and access. Love the drawers. The attention to detail and the after sales service to fix small issues has been excellent. Overall very happy with the design and finish of the kitchen

Kitchen great

Direct Kitchens friendly and professional. Final result was perfection. Couldn't have asked for a better kitchen. Exactly what l asked for.

Dependable Contractor

Direct Kitchens have been a dependable and reliable contractor for the delivery of my new kitchen. Supply of materials is excellent and they worked in well when I wanted to supply my own appliances.

My only constructive criticism is the mess left behind by some of the workers (the demo guys). Any defects that I raised were dealt with in a timely manner, no matter how small.

I would recommend Direct Kitchens to others.

Renovated our kitchen and laundry.

Very happy with our kitchen renovation done a few years ago and had no hesitation in having Direct Kitchens renovate our laundry. John designed this and it is exactly what we wanted.

Don't ever ever use this company

I contacted Direct Kitchens to reinstall a new kitchen, removal and laying of new tiles, cornices, sky lights and new downlights and a new window at a cost of approx $45,000. The designer was wonderful but it was a disaster after that. We were left for 5 weeks without lights in our kitchen and meals area. The tiles were so badly laid and uneven that we were tripping over the joins and when I tried to mop the floor the mop would get stuck in between the tiles. All the grouting will have to be redone. Once they laid the new tiles the sliding door to the backyard wouldn't open properly and they wanted to charge an extra $350 to have it fixed. I refused to pay this additional charge so they sent a tradesman in who fixed the wrong doors so I had to pay someone else to fix the sliding doors. The tilers don't know what they are doing. We refused to use the same tilers for the splashback so had to pay an additional $400 to another company. When the tilers came back to fix the grouting (which they didn't do properly so it all fell out again), they decided to throw out all the dirty left over grout in our front garden where it hardened. When I mentioned this to customer service and sent them all the photos they tried to blame us for not telling them where to throw it when they had already worked on our property and knew where the bins were in the backyard. We paid for a double pull out bin but they didn't install the kitchen sink properly so it wouldn't fit. We had a water filter installed and it was installed in the wrong place and had to be removed and replaced.They left the whitegoods and rubbish on our verandah for 5 weeks and the tradesmen left my house in a filthy state each time they left. The tilers had also removed our French doors between the kitchen and dining room. These doors were left leaning against the dining room wall for 5 weeks. It took almost 3 months for this job to be finished and customer service was rude, disrespectful and condescending. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone for anything. They tried to blame us for everything they did wrong. This more than $50,000 project was the worst experience of my life. Stay away.. go somewhere else.

Very Pleased with our Kitchen

We are very pleased with our final result, everything we wanted was done with care. The overall experience was fantastic, from showroom to installation. The management of the project was very smooth and communication was excellent, and the follow up with final inspections was also fantastic. All details were addressed and executed with quick response. No issue was too small and final result was excellent. Quality of cabinets is of high quality and would recommend to family and friends with no hesitation. All the tradies were pleasant and on time, they worked around our schedules. Direct Kitchens are of high standard and would use again in future. Great team of people.

Fabulous Team & Perfect Kitchens!

The team at Direct Kitchens Bayswater know what they are doing. They were on top of it from the moment we stepped through the front door. They deliver high quality custom made kitchens that do not disappoint. We got exactly what we were wanting with a smooth stress free process, that involved excellent communication & project management. If there was a problem, they fixed it straight away. I worked in the building industry for 10 years as an Architect & I would not hesitate to highly recommend Direct Kitchens to family or friends. Love our kitchen.

I am in love with my new kitchen!

Thanks to the team at Direct Kitchens, I now have a kitchen where everything is just so easy to find and it is always a pleasure to prepare meals. My small space is packed with features but remains uncluttered and I have nothing but praise for the smooth and competent delivery and the care taken by all concerned when working in my home.

Wouldn't recommend

Project manager who? I felt that I did all the organising with tradies. As already stated, poor contact, never saw any project manager, no one came out to check progress. Bench top cut wrong and still not right. Sink hole cut wrong and leaks. Design not great. Have to pull down a cupboard as it is an elephant in the room and looks terrible. Floor tiles dipped as they rushed the concrete sheeting underneath which was not level. Only contact you when they want the cash. I would have been better off organising the project myself. Positive: most tradies great except floor tiler and stone bench tops employees who did not speak English. Go elsewhere, wish I did as saved for years for this kitchen and they did not make it feel like a special experience for me at all and I'm not excited over it as i should be paying 45k which is sad.

Excellent renovation experience.

Direct Kitchens Moonee Ponds. We had our kitchen renovation completed concept to installation by Direct Kitchens. It was the best renovation experience I have had to date. Very professional, helpful and friendly staff from beginning of the project to the end. After sale service exceptional. We now have a very stylish user friendly beautiful kitchen. We also needed some assistance with the installation of a new convention micro oven 6 months after the completion of the renovation and they were out the next day to assist. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a kitchen renovation. The initial consultation is free so you don't have to sign up straight away. Fabulous staff great service and excellent workmanship.

Fantastic Result

Our kitchen renovation by Direct Kitchens has completely transformed the look of our open plan living area. All the staff at Direct Kitchens did a great job especially Jo our design guru who offered us numerous suggestions and alternatives until we were happy with our design. The trades people that Direct Kitchens used on our job are second to none especially Karl & Zeb - so clean and professional would be happy to have them work for us anytime
Thanks all for a job well done

Kitchen

We like to thank Direct Kitchens for Good customer service and good quality workmanship we are very happy and enjoying it
Job well done Thanks

Excellent Kitchen Renovation

The kitchen renovation by Direct Kitchens has completely transformed the look of the house. The designer came up with ideas that opened up the space and gave us much more bench space., whilst being aesthetically pleasing . The installation went smoothly. Would recommend Direct Kitchens.

Good Sales, Terrible Delivery - Go elsewhere

We trusted the designer who assured us that Direct Kitchens would "project manage" everything and the product and service was going to be excellent. Once we signed on, there was very little communication and no customer care and service. The only time we were contacted by Direct Kitchens was for payment. When we had questions or needed clarifications about the installment, we called but never got to speak to anyone who was responsible or knowledgeable about our project.

We currently have a list of four defects which we wrote to Direct Kitchens asking for rectification. Two of these were identified to us by their cabinet installer. No response to date. Overall, our experience has unfortunately been very negative. We knew the price was expensive compared to other kitchen companies but thought using local and paying a bit more would give us the right service. We were wrong. Avoid Direct Kitchen, their product and service is not worth the money.

Avoid avoid avoid! Go elsewhere!!

Am left with 15mm gap behind one side of stove. Dishwasher not flush. Gaps in joinery (I had to buy silicone filler.) They cut corner cabinet 3 times and it's still not right. Corner insert was wobbly. They don't want to know you when something's not right but will hunt you down for payments. Quality of material good but workmanship questionable despite hearing ad nauseum that they've been in business for 30 years. Yawn. Better prices and quality elsewhere. My advice: go elsewhere!

Excellent kitchen design company

We engaged Direct Kitchens to overhaul an 18 year-old-kitchen in our inner city apartment. From the very first visit from their designer, Julia, to the finished product, Direct Kitchens proved to be an excellent choice. The co-ordination of the various jobs was spot on and everything completed on time (and on budget). A couple of minor niggles were dealt with instantly and resolved very satisfactorily. We had compared prices and although a custom-designed and built kitchen is not the cheapest option, it did prove to be a good choice and very good value for money.

Great kitchen & service

I have been extremely happy with the service I have received every step of the way. The Staff and the trades contractors are both professional and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. I highly recommend Direct Kitchens to anyone who is thinking of getting a new kitchen in the future

A nice kitchen but spoiled by incompetent tradesmen and rude customer service

In March this year (2016) we contracted Direct Kitchens to install a new kitchen at our premises. The work included removing and disposing of the old kitchen and removing the tiles from the floor in preparation for putting in a timber floor. The material selected for the kitchen included the highest quality solid red gum and granite. At the outset we were assured by their salesperson that their would be minimal disturbance and mess in the removal of the old kitchen. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Brute force was used to remove many of the old kitchen and pantry fixtures, causing excessive damage not only to the remaining plasterboard but also to surrounding areas. With a bit of care and attention there would have been minimal damage to the kitchen and pantry and no damage to surrounding areas. Instead of leaving small holes in plaster work, there were great gaping holes which required, in some instances complete replacement of the plaster.

The removal of the tiles and sanding of the tile grout was done by workers who had no experience at all in this type of work and who were inadequately equipped to do the job. (I know this because they told me). The vacuuming of the dust was negligible as they were using hired equipment which was not sufficient to do the job. When I entered the house at the end of the day, it was like walking into a London fog. The cloud of cement dust in the room was so bad, it covered all of the rooms they had worked in including windows and walls. We have never been able to properly clean the 11 roman blinds which have now been replaced. The plaster walls were damaged where they bumped into them in at least six places and the walls have had to be repaired and repainted.

The plastic conduit leading to the kitchen island was broken. It was only fortunate that my plumber spotted this prior to the island being put in.

The floor was not properly prepared for the timber floor and I had to employ another tradesman to finish the job. Although I had specifically enquired with DK about the adequacy of their employees (I won't call them tradesmen) properly preparing the floors I was assured it would be done properly. After I had to get another tradesman in to finish the job, their reply was “check your contract: they only had to remove the tiles and sand the adhesive.”

Studs were put into the pantry are with two nails at the top and two at the bottom with nothing in between to stop the stud from wobbling. And it doesn’t stop there. The solid red gum doors had imperfections in them which look like they have been fixed by someone pushing putty into the holes with their thumbs. The putty wasn’t even sanded to the doors profile.

I rang prior to the install to see if I needed a proprietary model exhaust fan kit only to be told that “no need. We will put our own kit on which will be much cheaper”. Lo and behold, when the install was finished I found that the exhaust fan was not connected to anything. There wasn’t even a hole in the ceiling with the result that the fan exhausted into a cupboard above the exhaust.

When I rang to enquire about an anomaly my electrician had discovered, I was told by the person answering the phone, “tell him to look at the plans”. No-one rang back to answer my electricians enquiry.

When I originally contracted DK, I also indicated that I would like our bathroom renovated at some time in the future. Would I now use them to renovate my bathroom? Not on your life. I only wish I knew in advance what damage they would do to my home and I would have gladly done the work myself. Overall, the damage and mess done by their “demolishers” and the rudeness shown by some of their staff outweighed the positives of having a new kitchen. On a final note: they did have some very nice people who delivered and installed the kitchen. Pity their good work was overshadowed by incompetence and rudeness.