Discover Energy

Discover Energy

Brand Manager for Discover Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4
  • Rates and Fees
Jason O.
Jason O.Southwest, VIC

With DE for 1 billing cycle, with gas pricing to substantially increase from 01/07/2022

While the onboarding and service have been seamless, unfortunately, I have switched out of DE due to their pending 'substantial' increase in gas pricing that will take effect from 01/07/2022.

"We are writing to inform you that due to unprecedented changes in the energy wholesale market our planned annual rate change scheduled for 1 July 2022 will see SUBSTANTIAL INCREASES in the costs for your electricity and gas supply."

"As a holder of a market retail offer with us, we understand that this price change may come as an unwelcomed surprise so we encourage you to investigate available market offers by visiting www.energymadeeasy.com.au to see the full range of options on offer in the market."

OB1johnOB
OB1johnOBSouthern and Hills, SA

Dont bother, they increase prices by absurd amounts eg 122% over 9 months

Signed up an initally the prices were great.
Then a few months later they updated my prices - they were still reasonable so stayed with them.
Then they reduced the solar feed in but again they still seemed reasonable.
Then this week, 9 months into the plan they updated their prices again.
Over 9 months they have increased prices by 122% and the supply charge by 54%.
That is over 9 months.
You are reading that right, not 22% it is 122% increase in 9 months!

Mixygma
MixygmaSydney, NSW

Doubling of rates

After sign up changed from competitive rates to
Peak 65 cents, Shoulder 34 cents and
Off Peak 28 cents. All more than double. Daily charge $1.1. Completely unethical company, they will jack up rates astronomically out of alignment with their advertised rates

Rates and Fees

Not recommend

Price rise double in 2 weeks after I signed with discover energy, no lock in contract at all and refused one of my transaction, confusing with this company. Very disappointed.

Energy Providers

Find out how Discover Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Munishwar B.
Munishwar B.

Closed our application on day of moving in

Came across this service provider on Vic Energy compare website. 3 days after signup, on the day of moving in, they closed our application saying they cant offer their own advertised rates which were on our application.

ServicesGas
Nicky M
Nicky MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid at all costs

Within 2 weeks of signing up I received a Energy Rate Change notice that dropped my feed in by 6 cents. If you leave anything but a glowing review on Facebook, it simply disappears.

Get quotes
Looking for an Energy Provider?

Use our energy plans comparison tool

Start now
Sally
SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Cant register my VPP because they have cut off that option.

I invested $16000 in solar panels and inverter and battery (sungrow) and was told by discover energy I could earn 45c/kwh. They reneged on their offer and to make it worse...don't seem to have that program any more. I can't sign up my plant. No other power company will accept Sungrow products. I cannot now do energy trading. Sungrow says they will be reintroducing the energy trading program but I suspect there will be very low incentives to join as they are lowering all their offers.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Extremely Happy!!

I am so appreciative of Sunil Belani being so patient with me to explain how changing to Discover Energy would be worth our while. DE now provide our electricity, gas and solar buy-back and upon receiving my first bill, well my title says it all! Thanks again Sunil

David Malpas
David Malpas

Not what I signed up for.

I signed for Solar Credit of 16.5c per kw. But the bill showed 16.5 for 88kw, then 10c for the next 88kw, then nothing for the last 800kw. Maximum credit of $23. I paid $6,500 for a system that gives them free energy to resell. I have been living in the US the past 20 years and I am appalled at what has happened to the SA power system.

Energy Providers

Find out how Discover Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Black Dog
Black Dog

Read the small print

Headline grabbing 16 cent FiT. But only for the first 10Kwh. Yes, that's right a lousy $16.00. The remaining 200+Kwh are at $0.00. I used to pay the Gas bill with the credit I got with my previous energy providers.

Get quotes
Looking for an Energy Provider?

Use our energy plans comparison tool