Dixon Advisory

• Rates and Fees
Roy Singh and Sue Singh

Roy Singh and Sue Singh

Dixion Advisory experience

Lost over $140K due to Dixions advise to purchase URF and New solar. When confronted my advisors regarding the decline they assured me verbally that all will pick up after the USA election...load of bullocks!
I am working with Shine Lawyers

Disappointment

DisappointmentFadden 2904, ACT

Poor Advice

We have lost over $350,000 + over 6 years investing is what is biased advice to invest in ïn-house" products with exorbitant fees. Very disappointing outcomes and a blatant violation in what is supposed to be a "controlled" industry.

Kaiviti

KaivitiAustralian Capital Territory

Dixon/E&P has lost my SFMF thousands of dollars

I bought Evans and Partners (E&P) shares on advice from the firm at $2.50 each which now is being purchased for $0.30 cash with offer of new TGP shares valued at $0.40. This will result in a loss of $21,880 to my SFMF. The losses from similarly recommended products such as the URF from Dixon Advisory are even larger. Understand ASIC is now taking legal action against E&P. Happy to provide data in support of this action if and when required.

Maria

MariaSydney, NSW

Dixon advisory now E & P Financial Services

Beware Dixon Advisory have changed their name to E & P Financial Services. Don’t trust them or their SMSF advice. Dixon’s reputation was trashed because of their poor investment advice, so now they have changed their name to rebuild their business. I know because I lost $150,000.00 through their advice and ASIC is taking Dixons to the High Court for not acting in their clients best interests. They should not be able to get away with this.

Rates and Fees

Nellie ASydney, NSW

Advice not in the client's best interest!

Rates and Fees

jvdv01

jvdv01

Conflicting & Irresponsible Advice

gina

Huge Loss of nearly $300k . - Greedy and Unethical and kept touting their product knowing it was going down

pollyhomes

pollyhomesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst SMSF administrators

I've been with Dixon Advisory for several years, Dixon push their own products ahead of others, practically every investment presented, has Dixons fingers in the pie. and don't mention Evan Dixon Limited ED1 shares... what a flop.

NickCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dont go near these Duds

Invested my SMSF with Dixons 5 years ago,the nett result being we were steered into their in house brands,after paying $7000/year to receive their "advice" we are now $120,000 + down with no real hope of gaining any back even though 2 board members operating the URL scam walked away with $26 Mill each.
I was never offered compensation for their tainted advice to reinstate my losses.
I thankfully departed Dixons some 3 months ago to a new advisor who is thankfully restructuring my portfolio from the train wreck of the Dixon years

Tony Blake

Presents well but Poor Performance for High Fees

Anthony

AnthonyCanberra 2600, ACT

Amazing Service - Very poor results

Unfortunately I have spent the better part of a year trying to dissolve my SMSF managed by Dixon. The fund performed particularly poorly and the portfolio somehow resulted in a net loss over several years during a tremendous bull run. I had high hopes for Dixon and I’m sorry to say they didn’t deliver.

Anne

AnneCanberra 2600, ACT

Keep away from Dixon's Advisory!

I was with Dixon's for about 6 years and during that time my super balance steadily declined because I took their advice and invested in their high fee, poor performance funds. I was continually assured that these funds would perform well in the long term. I am very glad I am now longer with them, however I lost a lot of money.

Gibbo

GibboBywong

Be wary of using this company for structuring a SMSF portfolio

hate2seeitgo

hate2seeitgoCanberra

Very disappointed with Dixons' duds

Ash D

Ash D

Steer well clear of this company. It does not have your interests at heart.

Dixon Advisory have become fee greedy and lazy

John M.

John M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Investment advise is conflicted

This company started out as a reasonably objective investor of its clients funds. Unfortunately over the years it has has become a fee gouging organisation which continually recommends low performing products which it has a financial interest in.

Brisbane buyer

Brisbane buyerasked

I am more fortunate than most of those who have commented in that I was always suspicious of Dixons' "financial advice" so have generally ignored it. My real reason for becoming a Dixons' client was the admin support in the 2017 super changes (Transfer balance caps etc) - which was, I think, effective. On-going accounting/admin has been patchy. Would now like some recommendations for an admin only service - but it's a priority that it doesn't limit my investment options. Anyone know of some-one good?

Nellie Aasked

Hi, I'm in a similar situation to many of the previous reviewers - Dixon's has proved a disaster and a nightmare that I just can't seem to escape from. I'm down about $500,000 and totally devastated. So, for those of you who have managed to move your SMSF from Dixon's to another manager can you tell me how easy/difficult is the process and who did you go to?

gina

Hi Nellie - We are the same amount band it is devastating to be honest - caused all sorts of health concerns . It is actually pretty easy to move and your new company person will be able to provide you with all the requirements. If you like I would be happy for you too call and we can go through it with you . I guess you have been able to sign up to the class action too. Please do call us as it is easier to explain in person - 0409525652 . I unfortunately do not have the prospect to earn any more income because of age.

Hello Nellie
Yes certainly a situation we dont deserve to be in....Dixons are a disgrace.
I approached a reputable advisor in Melbourne and more than happy the way he has restructured my portfolio from the Dixon shipwreck
The system to transfer is pretty straight forward as the new advisor arranges the transfer from his end after consultation with you

Nellie A

Thanks Nick. Were Dixon’s “co operative” to your departure? Did they charge your fund any exit fees etc? Any other insights you can offer regarding departing Dixon’s would be appreciates

Alethea

Aletheaasked

ASIC is prosecuting Evans Dixon/Dixon Advisory for allegedly advising not in the best interests of its clients, citing 5 cases, in connection with URF products which those clients invested in on the advice of Dixon Advisory.
I understand that ASIC is seeking pecuniary penalties, and if successful fines will be paid by the entity to the Commonwealth Government.
Will those fines effectively be penalising shareholders in Evans Dixon or will they be payable by individual officers of the entity?
How or by what means will investors who took the advice and invested in products which have lost substantial monies be compensated?
Is there any possbility that ASIC will take criminal proceedings against Evans Dixon/Dixon Advisory and it responsible officers?

SueB
SueB

I’d love to know the answers to those questions too. Can anyone help? Will the Shine action help all who are badly affected, or just those who join the action?

Get an answer from our members and Dixon Advisory representatives