Dixon Advisory

• Rates and Fees
Gabby

GabbySydney, NSW

If you want to loose money go to Dixon Advisory!

I also fell sort of Dixon Advisory and too suffered a significant financial loss.

I wanted to seek redress but was unsure on who to turn too. I got in contact with a company who were able to handle my complaint and lodged it on my behalf to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority.

I would highly recommend them especially if you have lost a significant amount through Dixon.

If you are looking to obtain redress but are unsure on how to go about it (very much like myself), let me know and I am happy to pass on the details of the company for you to see if they can assist.

Michael kelly

Michael kellyNortheast, VIC

Conned by Dixon's

Devastated Clients

jvdv01

jvdv01

Conflicting & Irresponsible Advice

gina

Huge Loss of nearly $300k . - Greedy and Unethical and kept touting their product knowing it was going down

pollyhomes

pollyhomesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst SMSF administrators

I've been with Dixon Advisory for several years, Dixon push their own products ahead of others, practically every investment presented, has Dixons fingers in the pie. and don't mention Evan Dixon Limited ED1 shares... what a flop.

NickCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dont go near these Duds

Invested my SMSF with Dixons 5 years ago,the nett result being we were steered into their in house brands,after paying $7000/year to receive their "advice" we are now $120,000 + down with no real hope of gaining any back even though 2 board members operating the URL scam walked away with $26 Mill each.
I was never offered compensation for their tainted advice to reinstate my losses.
I thankfully departed Dixons some 3 months ago to a new advisor who is thankfully restructuring my portfolio from the train wreck of the Dixon years

Tony Blake

Presents well but Poor Performance for High Fees

Anthony

AnthonyCanberra 2600, ACT

Amazing Service - Very poor results

Unfortunately I have spent the better part of a year trying to dissolve my SMSF managed by Dixon. The fund performed particularly poorly and the portfolio somehow resulted in a net loss over several years during a tremendous bull run. I had high hopes for Dixon and I’m sorry to say they didn’t deliver.

Income Protection
Anne

AnneCanberra 2600, ACT

Keep away from Dixon's Advisory!

I was with Dixon's for about 6 years and during that time my super balance steadily declined because I took their advice and invested in their high fee, poor performance funds. I was continually assured that these funds would perform well in the long term. I am very glad I am now longer with them, however I lost a lot of money.

Gibbo

GibboBywong

Be wary of using this company for structuring a SMSF portfolio

hate2seeitgo

hate2seeitgoCanberra

Very disappointed with Dixons' duds

Rates and Fees

Steer well clear of this company. It does not have your interests at heart.

Income Protection
Rates and Fees

Dixon Advisory have become fee greedy and lazy

John M.

John M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Investment advise is conflicted

This company started out as a reasonably objective investor of its clients funds. Unfortunately over the years it has has become a fee gouging organisation which continually recommends low performing products which it has a financial interest in.

Sandie D.

Sandie D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Excellent Service

FRED

FREDMawson 2607, ACT

Asked To Leave

I started a self managed superfund with this organisation but when they realised I was not generating enough revenue they asked us to leave. Their is nothing further to say however I only recently discovered this fact due to a recent interaction with this organisation.

robertlim

robertlimSydney, NSW

Reliable and objective

We have been with Dixon Advisory for over 20 years and have always trusted our advisors to provide reliable and objective advice. We are very satisfied with the high quality service we have received and remain confident that we will continue to enjoy our retirement as our savings are secure and well-managed.

Joannes

JoannesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great and solid advice for our SMSF following a review of our 10 year old Fund by Dixon

Nellie Aasked

Hi, I'm in a similar situation to many of the previous reviewers - Dixon's has proved a disaster and a nightmare that I just can't seem to escape from. I'm down about $500,000 and totally devastated. So, for those of you who have managed to move your SMSF from Dixon's to another manager can you tell me how easy/difficult is the process and who did you go to?

gina

Hi Nellie - We are the same amount band it is devastating to be honest - caused all sorts of health concerns . It is actually pretty easy to move and your new company person will be able to provide you with all the requirements. If you like I would be happy for you too call and we can go through it with you . I guess you have been able to sign up to the class action too. Please do call us as it is easier to explain in person - 0409525652 . I unfortunately do not have the prospect to earn any more income because of age.

Hello Nellie
Yes certainly a situation we dont deserve to be in....Dixons are a disgrace.
I approached a reputable advisor in Melbourne and more than happy the way he has restructured my portfolio from the Dixon shipwreck
The system to transfer is pretty straight forward as the new advisor arranges the transfer from his end after consultation with you

Nellie A

Thanks Nick. Were Dixon’s “co operative” to your departure? Did they charge your fund any exit fees etc? Any other insights you can offer regarding departing Dixon’s would be appreciates

Alethea

Aletheaasked

ASIC is prosecuting Evans Dixon/Dixon Advisory for allegedly advising not in the best interests of its clients, citing 5 cases, in connection with URF products which those clients invested in on the advice of Dixon Advisory.
I understand that ASIC is seeking pecuniary penalties, and if successful fines will be paid by the entity to the Commonwealth Government.
Will those fines effectively be penalising shareholders in Evans Dixon or will they be payable by individual officers of the entity?
How or by what means will investors who took the advice and invested in products which have lost substantial monies be compensated?
Is there any possbility that ASIC will take criminal proceedings against Evans Dixon/Dixon Advisory and it responsible officers?

ginaasked

What is Dixons going to do about recouping the losses made on their in house products eg URF, Cordish, Fort St . We have made considerable losses whilst you still kept saying to invest in the products knowing the failing situation. Will we ever recoup our limited funds will you compensate us

Hello Gina
Dixon wont volunteer any compensation by the looks without a push.I have done this by registering my complaint with Australian Financial Complaints Authority who have taken my issues with Dixon on.
Secondly I have registered a complaint with Dixons complaint resolution at email complaints.resolution@dixon.com.au ...the contact person is [Name Removed]
I have also registered with Shine Lawyers to participate in their class action against Dixon's
FYI on 4/9/20 ASIC took legal action against Dixons for giving advice full of conflicts of interest
Regards ..Nick

Thanks Nic I have also sent a letter of complaint to Dixon
I spoke with AFCA who said at this stage that’s the first step until I hear back from them which apparently takes Up to 45 days
I did ask for reimbursement but I wo t hold my breath
Let me know what your status is
Gina

gina

Did AFCA actually say to you that you were entitled to any form of compensation though ?

Get an answer from our members and Dixon Advisory representatives