hate2seeitgo

hate2seeitgoCanberra

Very disappointed with Dixons' duds

Rates and Fees

Steer well clear of this company. It does not have your interests at heart.

Insurance Options
Income Protection
Rates and Fees

Dixon Advisory have become fee greedy and lazy

John M.

John M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Investment advise is conflicted

This company started out as a reasonably objective investor of its clients funds. Unfortunately over the years it has has become a fee gouging organisation which continually recommends low performing products which it has a financial interest in.

JayelSydney, NSW

Not so sure anymore!!

I have been with Dixons for 3 years. Administration and staff are flawless. Their operating model however is not in the best interest of its clients. URF (US Masters Residential Property), Cordish and NEW are just a few examples . I trusted the investment advice and invested my life super savings of just under $500k. 3 years later it is only $30k better off with some significant losses incurred from my relatively small super fund. The remainder of my balance now is from my own contributions and salary sacrificing. Seriously considering going back to a managed fund. The fees are relatively reasonable for the SMSF service but returns are poor.

AnneCanberra 2600, ACT

Good customer service

I have been with Dixon Advisory for approximately five years. The customer service and administration of my SMSF has been excellent. My adviser is always available to answer any questions.

Sandie D.

Sandie D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Excellent Service

FRED

FREDMawson 2607, ACT

Asked To Leave

I started a self managed superfund with this organisation but when they realised I was not generating enough revenue they asked us to leave. Their is nothing further to say however I only recently discovered this fact due to a recent interaction with this organisation.

robertlim

robertlimSydney, NSW

Reliable and objective

We have been with Dixon Advisory for over 20 years and have always trusted our advisors to provide reliable and objective advice. We are very satisfied with the high quality service we have received and remain confident that we will continue to enjoy our retirement as our savings are secure and well-managed.

Joannes

JoannesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great and solid advice for our SMSF following a review of our 10 year old Fund by Dixon

Dixon Advisory Review

We have been clients of Dixon Advisory for 12 months, and we have been very satisfied with the decision to move from our previous advisor on our SMSF. In particular we have found the regular communications beneficial, and the high standard of Customer Service provided by Laura and Nicky to requests we have made to Dixon. Their response times to our requests have always been exceptional, and greatly appreciated.

MJB

MJBSydney, NSW

CONFLICTED ADVICE

Insurance Options

High management fees and conflicted advice. Stay Away!

Custom-Designed to Weather the Storms

George

GeorgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service

With Dixon for eight years. Their regular advice and market insights have been very valuable to my decisions. As always, there have been winners and losers, but overall my portfolio has performed very well. I am a well satisfied customer.

G McDermott

G McDermottCanberra

Terrific service

I have been with Dixon Advisory for more than 10 years and am generally very satisfied with their recommendations which are based on a personal profile they have prepared, and regularly review, based on many considerations including my appetite for risk. I particularly value the personalised service I have been getting on a regular basis from Rahulan, George and Joy, who are always responsive, knowledgeable, and unstinting in their advice.

Review collected in partnership with Dixon Advisory

Dixon Advisory the place to find well informed advisors.

I have been with Dixon Advisory for 9 years. During that time my portfolio has shown pleasing results both in growth of value and the care taken to insure that my assets are well distributed over a range of investment products. The advisors and accountants that I speak to on a regular basis are always well informed and courteous. I have happily recommended this company to friends and family over the years.
A satisfied customer

Waxhead

WaxheadSydney, NSW

Poor advice, high fees, direct investments to own products

Our SMSF was (expensively) with Dixons for a short time 5 years ago. I've just looked over their advice we received at the time. They basically advised us to sell most of our performing assets and move into their own such as URF which have sustained large losses since. We didn't implement most of their advice but if we had we would have been down over $300,000! Obviously this was in the days before new regulations mandating the client's best interests as the priority!
A big advertising budget does not mean a quality service!

Poor performance high fees

High transaction costs for buy and sell of shares. Not proactive. Too much in fees always directing people to their products with low performance. Share price dropping. No real benefit over a public fund.

hate2seeitgo

hate2seeitgoasked

Like many others, we are increasingly disillusioned with Dixons' tendency to push investments in which they have a stake, and we have lost a lot of capital as a result, so my question is: are people going to a different SMSF manager, or to industry funds or retail funds, what's your solution?

Jayel

Cant sell Fort Street (Walsh & Co. A subsidiary of Dixons) so stuck with an SMSF until all assets are sold. I dont trust advisors at all after this experience so opened a Commsec account and bought ETFs for now. Will go with an industry fund as soon as I can. Advised by Dixons that there is a long list of sellers and Fort Street has no buyers (also controlled by Dixons) but they will need to do something by June 2020. Till then, ETFs and a Commsec account is working better than my years at Dixons. At least I can trust myself.

Anne

I lost so much money with Dixon's I took my SMSF to another advisor. On his advice I have sold just about all the Dixon products and am in no fee paying ones now. I am completely disillusioned with Dixon's and regret having ever been a client.

Jayel

Likewise, all Dixon products (except Fort Street that cant be sold) gone. Too unethical for me and funds are not performers. I lost a lot also on totally non performing funds recommended by Dixons that just happened to be their own products. Best advice is to get out or don't consider getting in.

Hornswoggle

Hornswoggleasked

Any comments? https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/30/nyc-housing-prices-slide-further-may-last-for-months-warburg-realty.html

carter

carterasked

hi. i am long term worker in Melbourne for a large global car company. In retirement they offer a non indexed defined benefit 100k pension or alternatively 1mill payout. i am age 61.have another 700k in smsf. what is seen benefits of each DB pension or payout? thanks in advance. Des

Haydn S.Dixon Advisory

Hi Des,

Thanks for your question. This is an area we may be able to help you with but it would be best to discuss over the phone or in person so we can get a better understanding of your situation and provide you with the most relevant information. If you contact our Client Services Team on 1300 852 017 they will be able to put you in touch with one of our advisors in Melbourne.

Best regards,

Dixon Advisory Team

Jayel

Oh please!!! More bad advice. I hope you didn't make that call.

Get an answer from our members and Dixon Advisory representatives