Dixon Advisory

Dixon Advisory Review

We have been clients of Dixon Advisory for 12 months, and we have been very satisfied with the decision to move from our previous advisor on our SMSF. In particular we have found the regular communications beneficial, and the high standard of Customer Service provided by Laura and Nicky to requests we have made to Dixon. Their response times to our requests have always been exceptional, and greatly appreciated.

Dixon Advisory

We have been clients of Dixon Advisory since 2012 when we established our SMSF. Since then we have been very satisfied with our choice of Dixon and the high standard of service provided by their staff. We appreciate the independence of the advice offered, and the high level of competence provided by all of the staff with whom we have dealt. The assistance provided has been excellent and rewarding by staff capable, knowledgeable, experienced and proficient. Although the service is not cheap, in our opinion it represents value for the broad spectrum of services provided in a personable and approachable manner. We live in a major regional centre of NSW and although all Dixon’s seminars are available on-line it would be very much appreciated if an occasional event could be offered elsewhere other than a capital city.

CONFLICTED ADVICE

The Hayne Royal Commission outed the high flyers like AMP and the big banks. left hidden in the weeds is Evans Dixon and others.

I was with Dixon Advisory after taking over my deceased parents SMSF managed by Dixons (only 3 years thankfully). Whilst I thought at the time they did a good job- Post GFC everyone did well as markets rebounded. This hid their conflicted vertically integrated model. (See Hayne's opinions on AMPs vertical integration)

I transferred part of my deceased parents URF holdings to my personal name and soon after sold out, thankfully before it plummeted below the price I inherited it at.

My intention for the fund was to hold real estate in my SMSF. It became clear that since I would be buying little if any of Dixons own investment products they made it clear they did not want me as a client. I left Dixons 4 years ago.

The extraordinarily high costs of managing my quite simple fund at Dixons was in my view-unjustifiable. Reading articles in the AFR and other online references made me realize just how much I was paying to Dixons- especially through my ownership of the URF units. Paying out distributions through debt and by selling down assets in the fund has a finite life yet they still presumably direct new clients into this fund.

I suspect that many of their clients are in my late parents position- A healthy balance of $2m+ of funds but no longer the wherewithal to understand or inclination to continue running an SMSF. Perhaps the spouse that used to look after their superannuation had passed away. What is left is an uninformed widow/er that relies completely on the reputation of respected industry elders like Max Walsh and Daryl Dixon.

From my perspective the one aspect of Dixon that was outstanding was the administration of the fund. This may well be worth the high costs if only the financial advisors were exclusively choosing investment products that Dixons did not have a financial interest in. My advise is be careful engaging a conflicted advisor.

Insurance Options

Custom-Designed to Weather the Storms

Our SMSF was first set up in 1996. After 2007, with little background, I have relied heavily on Dixon Advisory to help me navigate and better understand the many complexities involved in managing my retirement finances. From the heady years of 25%, the gloom of the GFC to the current doldrums, the changing teams have worked tirelessly to meet my needs by keeping up with national and global trends. The organisation has seen considerable growth and employs personable, energetic, versatile and dedicated young advisers in whom I put significant trust. They have educated me, through personal advice and many seminars, to appreciate the forces which propel the ups and downs of "the bottom line". My current investment and fund advisers, Andrew, Komal and their colleagues, are professional, patient, thorough, and adaptable to the many often burdensome changes effected by market trends or government policy. My portfolio is steady and for the moment sufficiently diversified to withstand too many shocks. As i continue to age I know I will be in safe hands and my family will transition easily into the Dixon world.

Good service

With Dixon for eight years. Their regular advice and market insights have been very valuable to my decisions. As always, there have been winners and losers, but overall my portfolio has performed very well. I am a well satisfied customer.

Terrific service

I have been with Dixon Advisory for more than 10 years and am generally very satisfied with their recommendations which are based on a personal profile they have prepared, and regularly review, based on many considerations including my appetite for risk. I particularly value the personalised service I have been getting on a regular basis from Rahulan, George and Joy, who are always responsive, knowledgeable, and unstinting in their advice.

Dixon Advisory the place to find well informed advisors.

I have been with Dixon Advisory for 9 years. During that time my portfolio has shown pleasing results both in growth of value and the care taken to insure that my assets are well distributed over a range of investment products. The advisors and accountants that I speak to on a regular basis are always well informed and courteous. I have happily recommended this company to friends and family over the years.
A satisfied customer

Poor advice, high fees, direct investments to own products

Our SMSF was (expensively) with Dixons for a short time 5 years ago. I've just looked over their advice we received at the time. They basically advised us to sell most of our performing assets and move into their own such as URF which have sustained large losses since. We didn't implement most of their advice but if we had we would have been down over $300,000! Obviously this was in the days before new regulations mandating the client's best interests as the priority!
A big advertising budget does not mean a quality service!

Poor performance high fees

High transaction costs for buy and sell of shares. Not proactive. Too much in fees always directing people to their products with low performance. Share price dropping. No real benefit over a public fund.

Dudded by Dixon related party investments

Just read the review by another Dixon SMSF client and have also lost money in URF, NEW and also ED1 float. I have been with them for 12 Months and lost more than $30K so far, will leave at end of financial year at this rate. Admin service is working well.

Money well spent.

Totally professional in all super advice and documentation provided by Nicholas and Nick. We have been with Dixon for over 4 years and are looking forward to more of the same over the next decade. Jack & Jean.

New to SMSF

I transferred my super across to Dixon about 2 years ago, and the transition has been very smooth. from the initial meetings with Alex and Randall to the ongoing management on the fund by Randall and Matthew, it has been comprehensive in the advice and information update. We now have my mothers financial management being handled by Dixons and the advice afforded by Laura and the other support team members has been invaluable in allowing us to set up her finance with all the complications of centrelink.
Would highly recommend the service

Self Managed Super Fund

Thank you to Brittany and Antony for your continued impeccable advice in relation to managing our SMSF.

We have always found you advice and service extremely professional and you understanding of our unique situation has made our lives simpler.The corporate culture is clearly right, as staff continuity is hallmark of Dixon Advisory's business. I have recommended this business to people looking for sound advice on their superannuation and retirement. This is something I don't usually do, but indicates my high levels of satisfaction with the service Katrina and I receive

Trust

Thanks Rahulan Ruckman and Komal Babani for guiding us in our SMSF experience in such a pleasant competant way. Always up to date and professional. Our first experience with one of the big banks was totally the opposite. Thanks for giving us advice we trust.
J&JH

Simply The Best

Thank you Hazel Tan and Amanda Watson for your professionalism, competence, efficiency and attention to detail, for your advice and recommendations and administration. Hazel and Amanda are the Tina Turner of my SMSF: simply the best! Not only do they stay well informed but they are always accessible, friendly, sympathetic and attentive to my needs. Well done ladies, and Thank You.

A Team I Trust

I wish to give a feedback regarding Dixon Advisory, which has been managing my SMSF for nearly 1.5 years.

During this period, I’ve been impressed with the corporate culture at DA. I find without exception, all staff friendly, supportive, knowledgeable and professional.

My team discusses all investment proposals carefully with me, answers all my queries and takes into account any input I may have before we finalize decisions. And typically, if I ever I require to meet with any member of my team, and/or talk to them; their response has always been timely and very positive.

I feel confident my team is dedicated to facilitate the best outcomes for me and further, I'm aware that often times they have even gone the extra mile for me.

Without a doubt, you're an outstanding bunch of people. And I'd like to say "a big thank you" to Katie, Alex, Matthew, Jo-Lyne, Melanie, Vanessa, Joshua and others (too numerous to mention here). Collectively, you have all made my SMSF experience a smooth and positive one.

I shall certainly be pleased to recommend Dixon Advisory to friends, relatives (or anyone for that matter) who may be looking for a professional and ethical team to manage their financial needs & Superannuation.

Florina

SMSF advisor

I wish to congratulate Dixon on a very professional and sound advice I have received in the past 12 months in managing my portfolio under SMSF. The financial advisors are consultative and actively consider the client's views before recommending. We can call them whenever we have any issues and they always respond with substantive analysis and answers. They take great pains in trying to get diversification within the portfolio and explain the reasons for a set of recommendations, in writing, so that the clients are fully informed of the rationale behind the investment decisions.
The other aspects of SMSF viz. the administration, preparation of financials, arranging audit and actuarial services are all done professionally and seamlessly.
I strongly recommend Dixon Advisory to SMSF clients to take the regulatory burden off the shoulders of the trustees and get the right advice at the right time.

Great service and advice

It is important to give credit when it is due. We have found dealing with Dixon very good.
Thanks to Randall Fulton, Lester Lagasca and Laura Coneliano, our financial lives have been made simpler and lower stress. Talking with friends who are also clients who are helped by other members of the Dixon team, they reflect a similar experience. The investments they offer (with zero pressure on whether we take any up) is with eyes wide open (of course with the vagaries of the investment world).
In investments, the only way not to lose money at times is to put the money under the bed.
Keep up the good work!

Where I go to invest my retirement savings?

My impression of DA over the last 7 years is that they have been developing investment opportunities with the aim of protecting retirement savings and which will provide a reliable income. Our Investment Manager is Rahulan Rukman. He has impressive qualifications and has guided us into sound DA investment opportunities and a spread of other diverse investments. I am happy to pay the fees that DA require to be a part of their smarter approach to investing our retirement savings and managing our SMSF for us.

I think we've all been conned !!!

For all those who comment how wonderful Dixons are , perhaps they haven,t read the article of April 15th in the Financial Review.The article in question highlights the relationship of Dixons and the fees they charge to their US Masters Fund {URF}.I expected Dixons to give us professional advice, to preserve our capital and provide an income stream in our retirement.Together with their other venture in solar power {NEW},I as a relatively new client of 2 years have lost $20,000 on their recommendation of these two investments alone. So who are Dixons working for; us or them.Their SMSF admin people are first class but I feel the advisers are simply sales people flogging the company product.Unfortunately we sold solid productive stocks on their recommendation into what is now a very ordinary portfolio.I suspect there are many more Dixon clients questioning the ethics of the Dixon business model.
So do we hang on and hope things improve or do we look for some good financial advice.

Dear Sir/Madam, I am a Director in our Brisbane office and would be happy to discuss your concerns over the phone or in person. I have sent you a private message with my direct contact details. Regards, Justin Power.

Any comments? https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/30/nyc-housing-prices-slide-further-may-last-for-months-warburg-realty.html

hi. i am long term worker in Melbourne for a large global car company. In retirement they offer a non indexed defined benefit 100k pension or alternatively 1mill payout. i am age 61.have another 700k in smsf. what is seen benefits of each DB pension or payout? thanks in advance. Des
Hi Des, Thanks for your question. This is an area we may be able to help you with but it would be best to discuss over the phone or in person so we can get a better understanding of your situation and provide you with the most relevant information. If you contact our Client Services Team on 1300 852 017 they will be able to put you in touch with one of our advisors in Melbourne. Best regards, Dixon Advisory Team

listening to daryl Dixon on Tony Delroys show the other night, he implied that if I was between $500 and $1.2 million I would be better off to blow that money on an expensive house and live off the full pension. 250K would yield me about $120 / week in income which would hardly cover my rates and electricity. What would I live on. Currently I am receiving a yearly pension of $50k from VicSuper. Could you please explain how I would be better of upsizing on my house? Tony Fahy tonyfahy43@gmail.com
Hi Tony, Thanks for your question. We have passed this on and Daryl will contact you directly with a response. Best regards, Dixon Advisory Team

Similar listings