MPN: CF50DZ
See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Dometic? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Customer
CustomerToowoomba

I had a similar issue with Tentworld Toowoomba .

I had a similar issue with Tentworld Toowoomba a few years ago not standing by a faulty bbq I purchased off them. Very poor customer service.ie lack of service. Never purchase anything from Tentworld since.

Lynn F
Lynn FIllawarra, NSW

Waeco. 50 Good.

This fridge replaced a 3 way so difference is large.
Cools quickly on 240, quiet running, the fridge section works well, the temp needs to be set a little higher to maintain freezing ie set on 9 or 10
Getting to know it and we love it

Purchased in October 2020 at ALDI for $599.00.

Robert
RobertHunter Region, NSW

4 years of life and $400+ to repair.

The fridge kept great temperature, that was never an issue. It came up with an error code not listed (3 flashing lights then 3 seconds later it repeated). Took it to local Waeco agent and the compressor had died. This fridge was 4 years old, had not been mistreated and was only used between 3 and 8 months per year. I was advised by the agent I needed to use it more often than that. I don't believe there was anything in the manual regarding how long it needed to be on per year. Not worth repairing and will be choosing another brand. I just hope my 35ltr CFX doesn't give up.
I also emailed Dometic about this fridge on 18/11/2020 at 12.39pm, I received their rote response and to this day 13/12/2020 they have still not replied to me.

Purchased in November 2016 at Tentworld for $1,000.00.

BrettnJa
BrettnJaMid West, WA

Waeco 50 & Dometic Waeco 50

Purchased in August 2012.

Matt
MattFar North Queensland, QLD

Great for travelling

Just the right size for long weekend trips without taking up the whole car. Low power draw, will run from a 100Ah battery for at least 4 days when set to 4 degrees.

Top fridge

The cf 50 works perfectly on 240 and 12 volts. I've had this fridge 7to8 years and still counting. Never has it failed in hot extreme weather and I'm talking 45 plus degrees c. The power consumption is very good and with Sola set up on the 4wd it never stopped. The con is the Lach can break so be careful you can get a replacement for this. I have read some of the reviews on this fridge and put it down to some people don't know what they are doing. Others just bag it because it's a waeco. All and all it's a fantastic reliable fridge

Purchased in May 2013 at Anaconda for $800.00.

Very good but not perfect

Purchased in March 2007 for $600.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Peter
PeterBrisbane

Good Camping Fridge

This was a birthday gift, as we go camping all year round and have for the last 30 years relied on ice and eskies. So first trip was a good test. I pre-cooled it overnight and stacked everything properly. I have an old ute which has a 120 Amp Hour 12 volt deep cycle battery, so power would not be an issue. It worked a treat, kept the food and drinks at a constant 3 degrees and had plenty of storage space. It came with a insulation blanket to keep it cooler in direct light, and we had 3 days of 29-33 degrees. So far I can recommend it.

Purchased in February 2019.

Lindsay
LindsaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product - highly recommended

I bought my CF50 on sale for $699 at BCF. I have had it for over 18 mths and have been running it 24-7 - 50% on 12volt on 1 x solar panel & 1 x 120 amp battery in my caravan for weeks on end & 50% on 240v. Always maintains my preferred temperature -3 deg C and gets there fast, Best $699 I have ever spent.

Purchased in November 2017 at BCF Physical Store for $699.00.

Find out how Dometic Waeco CF-50 compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Buy an Engel - What I should have done.

Barely lasted and the compressor went.
When it worked it would drain my 135Ah battery in 1 day. Not really acceptable when you're running off battery and solar power. Jump the fence, spend the coin and you won't be disappointed with an Engel. As they say, a poor man pays twice and I've learned my lesson with Waeco

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Waeko CR 50

Purchased in 2010 and have run it non stop as beee fridge at home and hooked up to battery in car for holidays. Finally bit the dust!!! I have had an excellent run with this portable fridge. Changed the fuse but it sparked up and it does not look good

Date PurchasedAug 2010
Linda Luna
Linda LunaBundaberg

A Positive Experience

Purchased the CF-50 49Litre in 2009. Used as fridge. Used in the household and traveling on the road. 12V in back of vehicle and 240v at caravan parks. Very sturdy, totally reliable, holds temperature well especially in our Australian hot and humid conditions. Easy to transport. Great love the brand

Date PurchasedApr 2009

When it works its fine

Does ok when it works, from day one ive had problems with this plastic fridge, was in the market for an Engel but was talked into one of these crappy units, waeco dont have after sales service or do they do their own repairs, they just send you to a agent where they rip you off by onselling and charging exhorbent ammounts of money for doing crap all, just been ripped of again $75 inspection $200 thermistor then a further $187 for pcb, then i was told the lid was broken. What an absolute farce, this will be the last $ i spend on this crap box and will be going back to engel. Of which i have had for over 30 years whithout a hitch still going strong.

Date PurchasedJan 2009
simon
simon

very poor fridge

the compressor failed and was repaired under warranty. the fridge goes into error mode when running through my invertor and must be hardwired to the battery. It has now failed again and the service agent has advised me that the gas is leaking and it is not possible to repair it as the leak is internal.
$1000+ for 2 weeks use a year over 6 years= very poor value.

Date PurchasedOct 2010
Gav
GavPerth, WA

Unreliable and poor quality construction for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2006