6Dove Original Deodorant

Skin Type
  • Dry Skin
  • Normal Skin
3.0
Smell
3.0
3.8
Keeps underarm smell away
Pleasant soapy scent
Goes on dry when applied
Can leave white residue on clothing
Brand Manager for Dove? Claim your listing.

Nadzz
NadzzSydney18 posts
  Top Review

Leaves a white residue

I sweat quite a bit and I've been searching for a deo that I can use during summer. I decided to purchase this when it was on special. It works for sure. Keeps me dry and non-stinky BUT Dove Women Antiperspirant Deodorant Stick Original (40g) leaves a white residue in my pits and I can't get over it. I'll need to throw this coz I can't keep checking for white residue
  • Causes Irritation: No
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
heytherek
heytherek369 posts
  Top Review

Good

This deodorant is a good product and can be found just about everywhere. It really does leave you feeling fresh throughout the day and is nice to wear. It does not have a strong smell about it and it does not leave any residue on clothing. The deodorant is pretty affordable and I like the fact you can get it in so many forms.
A nice mild deodorant that comes in a variety of forms. Gives good protection throughout the day and is readily available at most supermarkets. I like the Dove products as they are mild to use and good for those with sensitive skin.
There is nothing.
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Chrissy Lulu
Chrissy LuluSydney, NSW3 posts

Suddenly itching from this

I've been using this for years and suddenly, in the last couple of months, it has started causing itchiness to the point that I had to throw it out. Has the company changed the formula or something? Anyway, I'm so disappointed because I used to love this but am now on the hunt for a replacement. Show details
Smell
Ease of Application
Monique
Monique

Headache inducing

I bought the original scent and within an hour scrubbed it off due to a headache from the smell. I expected the original scent to be more neutral and less perfumie. I was wrong. I'd rather smell like sweat. Show details
Smell
Ease of Application
D Fountain
D FountainWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Doesn’t last 4 hrs

Promises 48hrs but doesn’t last for me. Never had this problem with other deodorants. It does moisturise but I need a deodorant that works. Not for me. I prefer Norsca. Show details
Smell
Ease of Application
Sue
Sue

Deodorant is ok, but most of it is wasted because of the container design

The deodorant leaks out into the lid so most of it is wasted. Poor design and a waste of money. I like the deodorant and usually use this brand, but the last two I have bought leak into the lid, you don't have the option of standing it up the other way or hanging it either. Show details
Anonymous
AnonymousCentral Queensland, QLD3 posts

Save Our Animals

I am not a miserable, lonely person that sits on the sofa writing bad reviews to boost my self - esteem. I AM a person that cares about animals. Animals are innocent, beautiful creatures that are being severely injured or even murdered due to toxic chemicals. Dove is one of the companies that partake in animal experimentation. Please stop testing on our innocent animals. Thank You.
Bob Bimb
Bob BimbPerth, WA3 posts

spectacular product with soft scent

Besides being available everywhere, this product works perfect for me. I didn't notice any bad smell even after a heavy workout and sweating a lot from moving! This is a good product! Show details
Michelle S
Michelle SSydney, NSW5 posts

Beautiful smell

This deodorant is the only one that smells fresh and works all day
It’s cheap and won’t stain clothing .
Been using it for years and the only deodorant that doesn’t make me itchy Show details
Janice
JanicePerth, WA11 posts

summer must-have

I love this anti-perspirant so much, this deodorant is powerful enough to keep my sweat at bay especially during tough summer days. I put about two to three wipes & I smell just fine.
Ysabel B.
Ysabel B.5 posts

used this on tough summer days

this deodorant is a must have on summer days, it's dry so it doesn't add to the grease that summer brings. my armpits are soft and importantly, the anti-perspirant factor last for long. Show details
Annie
Annie3 posts

dove roll on deodorant messy

dove roll on deodorant because it stands on the lid the lid is filling up with deodorant this is happening with the last few dove roll ons i have bought i end up with a lid full on deodorant

semipermanent
semipermanentAU18 posts

Average deodorant

Smells so strong, even 3/4 through the day all I can smell is Dove. My problem with this is that it is so strong. I like that the dry stick means it's dry straight away and you don't need to wait for the wetness of a roll-on to dry. Feels moisturising.
Goes on 'dry'
Smells strong
toosh_88
toosh_88South East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Love this product!

Have used the product for years and years in conjunction with impulse ( as impulse smells lovely) it has a soapy smell which some poeple may nto like. But I never have smelly pits! wouls recommended this!
love it! buy it! I have 6 in my bathroom right now!
smells a bit soapy!
MrsEd
MrsEdPO Box 874, SA114 posts

Lis
Lis

Never used a stick deodorant so how many swipes is sufficient?

sue49

One way to find out! Every body is different. Try 3 or 4 and see what works for you.

tourist
tourist

Which supermarket can I purchase this in Australia??

sue49

I bought one last week in my local Woolworths supermarket, so I presume they are readily available in most supermarkets.

khanz
khanz

how to apply Dove Original Deodorant Cream?

sue49

it is a regular roll-on deodorant. For me the advantage is that it stands with the tip downwards so I don't have to tilt it and wait for the ball to get covered in the cream before I use it. So I like the design of the packaging, that's all.

Made with its renowned one quarter moisturising cream formulation, the Dove Original Deodorant is made to be gentle, and is alos designed to give you two full days (48 hours) of antiperspirant protection.

Points of Praise

• Dove Original Deodorant does an effective job of keeping body odour away, even on hot days. As one reviewer stated, she never had smelly pits, and many reviewers shared a similar observation.
  • The fragrance was widely considered pleasant-smelling by reviewers. While most considered it a ‘gentle’ scent, a few people found it strong.
  • Mild on skin, reviewers appreciated the addition of moisturising cream to the ingredients list, and that the experience of the deodorant feeling soft and smooth on their skin.
  • This Dove deodorant is dry when applied, which was appreciated by those who don’t want to worry about wet armpits caused by their deodorant not drying in time.
  • Available in an aerosol can (250mL or 169mL) or in a roll-on bottle (50 mL).

Points to Consider

• This deodorant sometimes leaves a white residue on clothing, which can be a nuisance, especially on dark clothing.
  • The opaque bottle for the roll-on means that you can’t see how much product is left. This means your deodorant may run out unexpectedly, without you realising it’s reaching the end - potentially leaving you high and dry.