Dulux Aquanamel

2.3

TimW

TimWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Care needed.

Used on trim with a brush and was pretty pleased. Tried to roll it onto doors and it's been difficult. It dries too quick and goes tacky which means the final roller strokes disturb the finish. I guess the trick is to complete each door in one go really quickly - but I'm just not that good.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

belinda b.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Tim ! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Dulux Team.

Me QLD

Me QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will use again.

I bought this because I prefer water clean up. I bought brushes and rollers meant for gloss paint. I sanded back old wooden cabinets and painted with the vivid white. I took my time and waited a day between each coat. I did 3 coats with a very fine grade sand in between coats. No it is not as glossy as traditional enamel but I knew this by looking at the samples at bunnings. A year on the cabinet doors still look good.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Help & Advice Team.

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gets great results with the right technique

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$70.00.

belinda b.Dulux

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track The Dulux Team.

Dionne

DionneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No good. Don't use it

Until I looked at these reviews I thought it was me. I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong. 4 coats and it's patchy with heaps of brush strokes. I primed twice, sanded to begin with. I've painted so many houses with cheaper paint with much better results. The amount of coats I need is rediculous. The paint runs so I need to keep rechecking. Because it dries quickly it's hard to fix up when it runs. I'm so glad it's not me.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$90.00.

PuncstortaPeel, WA

Very ugly result.

This paint dries in about 10 seconds so it is impossible to finish a simple kitchen cabinet door smooth, without brush marks and rugged paint marks. I tried thinning a little but no difference. It costs almost double then other paints.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

michelle k.Dulux

Waste of money and time

This Paint produces horrible results using a brush application. It does not flow what so ever and leaves heavy brush marks. Bunnings should advise this to their customers when specifying it!
It will leave you frustrated and having to resanding your frames.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

jss02

jss02Brisbane

Only works if applied by spray

Rolling or brushing this paint leaves a lousy finish and is not worth bothering. It always shows brush lines or roller stipple. I use an airless sprayer and it goes on ok, with some caveats. Best results if you can lay the items flat, it smooths out to a brilliant finish, but upright doors and skirting boards, the finish is much more matte. The problem with airless though is it throws tails no matter what size tip or pressure I use, so it has to be watered down at least 15% which then causes runs. So, it’s a very frustrating product to use. I’ve heard Dulux Steriguard sprays without these issues, but will personally try Dulux Fast Finish next week. Aquanamel is also excessively expensive in Australia and coverage is poor to average.

Purchased in January 2020 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$200.00.

Jay

JayPerth, WA

Gluggy paint, doesn't flow and not good for brush work on trims at all.

After a bad experience with Dulux Super Enamel going yellow, I decided to switch to Dulux Aqua Enamel.

The paint is OK but extremely gluggy and difficult to make flow. So expect lots and lots of brush marks.
The paint has a very latex and stretchy feel to it. The finish is not good and it would honestly look better doing your trims in ceiling paint.

May be OK with a roller.

Since trying other brands of water based enamel for trims and windows, I would not recommend and will never use this paint again.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Juzzy

JuzzyQld

Not user friendly

Purchased for A$80.00.

Oscar

OscarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay away, there are better paints and cheaper. Shocking product.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

James S.Dulux
Frank

FrankSydney, NSW

Terrible coverage.

Bought Dulux paint as we perceived it as a premium brand to paint our new house. What a mistake that was. All products we used had very poor coverage and required multiple applications to achieve average results.

Switched to another brand and got the rest of the job done in a fraction of the time that it took to paint with Dulux.

Purchased in January 2020.

Coverage

I don't think this is a traditional gloss

Swear by Dulux all my 40 yrs of DIY but this aqua enamel gloss leaves a lot to be desired. Great prep with primer, 2 coats with light sand in between on doors and skirtings but the finish looks like an emulsion with a low sheen. Looks like remedial work and re-doing with the oil-based high gloss enamel. First complaint of Dulux in all my years - very disappointed.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$80.00.

Gregory L

Gregory LSouth East Queensland, QLD

They wrecked oil base now we have to put up with this rubbish

Im not like many others here as I've been a professional painter for 40 years,they have changed the formula in the oil based paint and the yellowing is happening within a month. We are now forced to use this rubbish, it's a step back in quality by a thousand percent. I can no longer hold my head high when I paint a house,I'm so ashamed it has come to this.
Nothing else to say

Purchased in January 2020 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$150.00.

Gavin T.

Gavin T.Sydney, NSW

This paint should be TERMINATED

Purchased in July 2019.

DuluxGroup A.Dulux
Hobarttown

HobarttownHobart, TAS

Pls see comments below

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

Waste of money

Dulux AquanamelTerrible finish on our doors. Painted loads of doors before, never had a issue with other brands of paint. Purchased 10L ....what a waste of money. Do not recommend this product at all. Doors looked like orange peel finish when dried....all pitted, then tried a good brush...you could see every brush stroke.

Purchased in May 2019.

henry h.Dulux
jbambury

jbambury

Excellent Product - not easy to use for non tradesman

Purchased at Inspirations Paint for A$98.00.

Longevity

You have to learn from mistakes

I found trouble like others but did everyone follow the specks? I.e. useing precision max strenght primer underneath? I have spray doors on there flat using oil based primer then aquanamel. Looked great for about 10 mins before millions of tiny bubbles appeared. I still use the oil primer for its sandability to block flat then max strenght primer. I've been getting some flat finish with no orange peel almost like auto finish. I love it

Purchased in January 2019 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$1.00.

Pike

PikeBNE

Bought a piano - a pianist? not quite

Purchased in May 2019.

DuluxGroup A.Dulux
Brian

BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Product

Totally useless if you are painting a door, it shows all paint strokes when you attempt to lay off
It results in a patchy door, I painted the door twice and it was still useless
Dries much to quickly to enable sections to blend
I will never use it again

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$30.00.

Alysha W.

Alysha W.asked

Aquanamel

can you use aquanamel on bathroom and kitchen tiles

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Alysha Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Dulux Aquanamel! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Customer Service Team.

chris

chrisasked

Aquanamel

Hi, I was recommended to use Renovation Floor tile paint on the floor but to use Aquanamel over my bathroom Wall tiles instead of the renovation paint. Is this a good option and can it be done. wall tiles are in shower on wall

Puncstorta

Hi Chris, I do not recommend Dulux Aquanamel. You won't be able to have a smooth finish without brush marks and it might even peel off. Need at least 4 layers to cover the old colour. The finish paint looks 'plastic-ish'. I already have peels off on my kitchen cabinet where the door touched the frame during installation (small bumps).

michelle k.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Chris! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The DuluxTeam.

Peter

Peterasked

Aquanamel Gloss

I built a wall unit and used Aquanamel gloss to finish. The MDF surface was already very smooth and after using Dulux sealer/undercoat I sanded meticulously. I diluted the Aquanamel with 100ml/L water as suggested and sprayed the first coat. ( 28psi using gravity feed gun with 1.4mm nozzle). You advise 20 minute touch dry and >4 hours re-coat. After 24 hours I sanded and recoated. The finish is OK but not brilliant. However the surface has remained tacky/sticky. After a few days of drying I put the unit in warm sunshine to try and complete the drying. It has improved a little, but remains sticky. It is dry to the touch but when the doors (also sprayed) stay in contact with the carcass they stick together.
I want to 3rd coat but feel I am wasting my time and energy. Not to mention ending up with a poor result after weeks of careful construction.
Is there a solution?

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Peter! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), quote ticket number 317120 and they will be able to answer all of your questions! The Dulux Help & Advice Team.

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives