Dulux Aquanamel Low Sheen

• Ease of Application
  • Coverage
Matt G

Matt GNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Extremely thin and doesn’t cover.

I was recommended this paint at my local inspirations paint store and I wish I had looked into it before purchasing. After the first roll it was so thin I thought I hadn’t stirred it enough. Stirred it thoroughly and it made no difference. Three coats later and it’s patchy and still looks like it needs at least another three coats. Now reading the reviews it looks like I might have to cut my losses and go buy a different brand of paint. I’ve always thought dulux put out a great product, but this experience has severely damaged their reputation in my eyes. Absolute waste of time and money, steer clear.

Purchased in March 2019.

Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage
DuluxDulux

Awful

Bunnings sold us this paint as the didn’t have the White Knight paint we wanted. So disappointed. We are painting the inside of an old caravan and the finish is awful. Wish I’d read the reviews first! Don’t buy this paint. I feel like we were led astray by Bunnings staff.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ferret

Ferret

Aquanamel rules

I used aquanamel on my ageing oak kitchen cupboards after I heat gunned the old varnish off and sanded back to wood and used Dulux 123 primer sealer. I painted when it was very hot so I had to add a flow agent (from hardware store) to the aquanamel. I am very happy with the finish. I am now doing my old door frames and doors and I just finished my son's dresser. Excellent! Not sure about other people's problems with this paint. If it is hot then use a flow agent!

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Dulux Aquanamel Low Sheen compares to other Paints & Varnishes

No sheen!!

Started painting trims and door frames last night....it is supposed to be low sheen. Well there's NO sheen and it looks like flat ceiling paint. I've painted plenty in the past and all my low sheen paints used are just that, with a nice low sheen to them. Looks cheap and nasty. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Adam HiltonDulux
Dee
Dee

Thank you, but I purchased this in NZ as low sheen. Have since taken back to Bunnings and swapped for another brand. They think it may have been a glitch in the contents.

mike

mikeasked

Aquanamel Low Sheen

can i use this paint to paint caravan walls

henry h.Dulux

Hi Mike,
The short answer is no we would not recommend Aquanamel for this application but we would be happy to discuss your project with you further to assist you. If you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525 option 2. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 192612 – The Dulux Team

mark

markasked

Aquanamel Low Sheen

Can I paint a matte watercolour paint over a aquanamel gloss paint on wall? Painted gloss on wall by mistake

StephDulux

Hi Mark, we'd be happy to jump in and help here. Yes, it is ok to paint waterbased wall paint like Dulux Wash&Wear Low Sheen over Dulux Aquanamel Gloss. To do this, you will need to sand the gloss back to a dull finish. If you are painting the wall in a very light colour, it would be recommended to undercoat over the Dulux Aquanamel Gloss with 1Step Prep before applying the wall paint, to get more even colour coverage. Call us any time as you take on this project and we'd be more than happy to help. Our Help & Advice team can be reached on 13 25 25, or via our website live chat. All the best - The Dulux Team.

Wayne

Wayneasked

Aquanamel Low Sheen

Hi. I have tilt garage doors to redo. Client wants to match the garage doors to a low sheen to match the exterior walls. I want to use Aquaenamel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

StephDulux

Hi Wayne, we'd be happy to jump in here and offer some guidance. Dulux Weathershield might be a better option for your garage doors due to its performance outside however you can use the Dulux Aquanamel which will offer a harder wearing finish but may not last as long as the Dulux Weathershield. If you were going to match the exterior walls the Dulux Weathershield would be the better option which also comes in Matt and Low Sheen. If you have any further enquiries please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST.Your Ticket Number: 150857 - The Dulux Team.

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives