Dulux Metalshield Epoxy Enamel

• Longevity

Diablo t.

Diablo t.South East Queensland, QLD

Delux Epoxy Enamel FLAT BLACK spray can

Wanted to respray an old sony camera with magnesium parts. Stripped the old paint, cleaned the surface, sprayed 3 times with 2h intervals and dried for 7 days. If you rub the surface with cotton tip you will see paint dust on the tip
Cleaned again and used etch primer this time, 8h between coats and same deal. You cant even clean it with water as you see paint marks on the rag
Hopeless

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnigs for A$11.90.

belinda b.Dulux

MelSydney Surrounds, NSW

The gloss is great...Satin not so much

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$96.00.

Renee B.Dulux

Hi Mel
Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track The Help & Advice Team.

PKA117

PKA117South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing when so many other Dulux products are great

I have used Dulux Metalshield Multi-purpose on metal table legs and its been great for 2 years now. I was so impressed I recently tried Dulux Metalshield Epoxy Enamel in Mat black on a different project, it dried well and looks great but the product scratches straight off the surface with no effort at all. Ruined the project because I'm not cleaning it off to start all over again.

Purchased in April 2020 at Mitre 10 for A$12.00.

Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Dulux Metalshield Epoxy Enamel compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Rainbow L.

Rainbow L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Peels and scratches off very easily

Painted a set of aluminum window frames with dulux metal shield in black Looked good going on, but when it dries it just scratches right off . I put a very small amount of yellow frog tape on part of the frame after it dried too, and even though I was very careful, it just peeled the paint off. I had pre prepared the surface correctly before applying also. This really ruined my project and I won't buy this product again.

Purchased in March 2020.

JoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

My way spray painting

I sprayed a wrought iron gate following the data sheet with recommended microns and it sat in the garage for 4 days before installing and it was a disaster.
I did the next gate but I did it my way with 51 microns wet and 25 microns dried and it is perfect.
I would recommend doing primer first and top coat 1 coat 2 passes.
You have a better result.

Deppeler

DeppelerSouthwest, VIC

Perfect for diy

To pa1tman
I think you made the mistake of spraying too close and applying to much paint. This and there Duramax paint is by far the best spray paint available for under $15

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$41.00.

Painted SurfaceMetal and Previously painted
James S.Dulux

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track The Dulux Team.

Pa1ntman

Pa1ntmanSouth West, WA

Taking an Eternity to dry

Used the product in a spray can to repaint shock absorbers from my 4X4.

Followed the instructions on the spray can to the letter; stripped to the bare metal, cleaned with turpentine, applied two coats. 24hr later the paint is barely touch dry; the can claims 90 minutes for this. I can make marks in the paint with my fingernails, so handling the shock absorbers to fit them is out of the question. I am now literally sitting watching paint dry as I can't drive my vehicle without shock absorbers.

Don't buy this crap, there are better paints out there for less money that actually dry in a reasonable time period claimed by the manufacturer.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$14.00.

Azztrix

Azztrix

Best product out there

david j.

david j.Gippsland, VIC

Seems ok to me, not sure why all the bad reviews.

Purchased in August 2018.

Painted SurfaceMetal and Previously painted

Paul VilesCentral Queensland, QLD

4 cans out of 4 with blocked nozzles!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$11.90.

Steve E.

Steve E.Perth, WA

Spray cans are worst have ever used.

Used spray cans to restore an old lawn mower. Brought 2 cans at first one of these cans failed with paint going everywhere from under the nozzle ruining the plant sort and dripping over my patio. Had to sand back good portion of the job and start again. As the first can I used worked fine I thought it was a one of and returned to Bunnings and brought 3 more cans. Two of the 3 cans failed same as before. 3 out of 5 cans brought from 2 different Bunnings now failed and still project is unfinished. Very frustrating Bunnings got rid of wattyl and replaced it with this product.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$12.00.

P M.

P M.

Won't buy again

The "Bold Yellow" looks more like fluoro green. Nothing like the colour on the cans. 500ml can not quite as bad as the spray can.
Also, the spray can has possibly the worst coverage I've ever seen from a spray can.
I'll be sticking with Killrust from now on, or even the $2.50 stuff is better.
Not sure how other reviewers can give 4 and 5 stars for longevity when they've just bought the paint .. it brings the rest of their review into question

Purchased in November 2019.

best paint hard finish

been using spray cans on taps , faucets, door handles,aluminum solar panel on my 4b ,let dry for 24 hrs comes out hard as a rock ,really nice plastic looking finish and i,m not painter .beats replacing items that just need a coat of paint .cannot understand bad reviews ,its pretty much fool proof .take your time, don't rush, let it dry, and enjoy

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$11.00.

Flying with the Bird

Flying with the BirdSydney, NSW

Metal shield satin on a Ute

• +1

Purchased in January 2018 at Dulux.

Bryan T.

Bryan T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Spray cans are rubbish

Grabbed this product in the pressure packs to paint my aluminium racks for my car, i prepped the aluminium with wax and grease remover then made sure to fully wipe off grease remover sprayed 24hrs between coats not going to heavy and keeping can about 250mm away from surface, received bad flaking thought may have been because of polished surface, so I stripped it back rubbed it down well with a fairly course grade of sand paper grabbed the dulux etch primer, primed it and resprayed it, again with light coats about 24 yrs apart and the flaking is worse. I did all of my rims with vht paint and never had a problem no runs no flake and a super hard finish so I will be sticking to that in future.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$13.00.

Dejayajay

DejayajaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Have had no problems at all.

Purchased in January 2016 at Dulux, Bunnings.

Painted SurfaceMetal and Plastic

Hi Dejayajay
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our product Dulux Metalshield Epoxy Enamel. Great to read that your project was successful – The Dulux Team

lorraine caddyshepparton

OMG this is not paint

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Great product

Absolutely stoked with the transformation of my kitchen after painting my existing brushed aluminum splashback from light brown to gloss red with Dulux Epoxy Enamel paint. I applied 2 coats, waiting the recommended time between coats. Taking time to ensure even coverage (I used a brush/roller) resulted in a great finish. A few hours work & less than a $50 impact on the budget & my kitchen has a new lease on life. Great product.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$35.00.

DuluxDulux

Hi Claire, thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you’ve had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Dulux Team.

Jayne C.

Jayne C.

It’s good paint... period.

Clean, sand, sand, wax and grease remove, 2 tac coats, two wet coats.

If you try for full coverage and plaster it on it will give you troubles. But then its your fault. Not the paint. There are a million YouTube videos teaching the ham fisted how to paint. But no, blame the paint.

The comments on here “I mean it’s paint and I’m a man, it should work because I can hold a brush or can right?”

This stuff is good paint. It’s tough and it lasts.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Shaun

ShaunMelbourne

Great product.

Hi Shaun
Thank you for the feedback and great to hear that you have had a good experience with this product. The Dulux Team.