The worse paint I have ever used on ceilings.

I'm not usually the one to complain about a product however this paint has caused me serious frustration as I have wasted a week of my time and money - My feedback is on par with others - after applying 2 coats to the ceiling it appeared very streaky and patchy - I have had some experience painting ceilings before and have never experienced this finish result - very disappointed as I expected a lot more from a premium Dulux paint - in saying this I have had no issues with Dulux wall paint.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $185.00.

Coverage
Hi Joel Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Dulux Ceiling White +PLUS Kitchen & Bathroom Flat. We are sorry to hear of your experience on your ceiling project. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 233544. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Dulux Team.

Very Disappointing Product

Purchased this paint at Bunnings to paint the walls of four rooms of our house. All walls were in good condition. After three coats of this paint they are streaky and patchy. I will have to purchase another brand of paint to try and rectify the dreadful finish I am left with. Disappointing job and a waste of time and money. I have previously painted many houses before with no problems.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Coverage
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Dulux Wash&Wear Low Sheen paint, Sharon. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we’d like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 229147, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Dulux Team.

Don't use Dulux Lexicon Half - it's not neutral

We spent $5,500 painting a whole house with Lexicon half strength and it's terrible. It has so much blue, grey and green undertones it's ridiculous. When we tested it, it was white, paint the whole house and it's anything but. We have told everyone not to use it and they haven't. They purchased Taubmans. We are stuck with this now and yes it's taken a year for the smell to go. Occasionally we get a whif of it. Please don't use this product. You'll be upset every time you walk into your house.

Purchased in July 2018.

useless paint

came back to Dulux paint only because of Dulux paint consultant advise on colour and discount offered, I am very meticulous when it comes to prep work and using the best gear to paint with, so using Dulux note the following
Used white base tinted to an off white mix,

1 coverage power is useless, off white even over a pastel colour it will take three coats
2 finish is very poor, and found the only way to get this paint to lay down without blemish is to add 10-15% Floetrol to mix.
3 If you want to see how a paint company can screw up a paint mix try Dulux

Dont waste your time and money

Purchased in May 2019 at Dulux Trade Centre.

Coverage

Horrible paint and waste of my time.

After 3 coats, 8 litres of paint and a waste of $150 our Master bedroom is left in
a streaky and patchy State.
Will have to go and paint the whole thing again.
Not happy at all

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $156.00.

Coverage
Hi Dom We are sorry to read you have had a negative experience and unsatisfactory result, if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 222891 – The Dulux Team

Total crap - worst paint I've ever used

Leaves streaks and patches, the product should be withdrawn from the market.
Purchased a 10 litre can of the Whisper White, don't worry about the $170 how about all my time.

Purchased in June 2019 for $170.00.

Longevity
We are sorry to see that you’re not satisfied with the finish in your home, and we understand your frustration, Steve. We want to help! Please call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2) and quote your ticket number 217416, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you - The Dulux Team.All good thanks, Bunnings were kind enough to offer me a replacement product. I was very happy with their service, although unhappy to re undercoat and repaint app 10 hours of my time.We're really glad to hear it's all sorted for you, Steve. Please give us a call on 13 25 25 if you need any further help or advice. - The Dulux Team.

Dulux +Plus Kitchen & Bathroom Ceiling White is dreadful.

I can't say anything about Dulux +Plus Kitchen & Bathroom Ceiling White that hasn't already been said. Four generous coats (five if you count the undercoat) and it's still streaky and patchy. I'm guessing it's because it dries too quickly, even on a cool day, so it can't be laid off properly. I paid a premium price for this paint and thought I'd get a premium product. I guess I was wrong.

I'm not a professional painter but I've had many compliments on every room in my house that I've painted. Except for the kitchen ceiling which now sucks and will no doubt continue to suck until I bite the bullet and coat it with a better quality paint.

In all fairness, the non-ceiling +Plus Kitchen & Bathroom in low sheen which I used on my kitchen walls seems quite good though (it's only been on for a month and so far, so good) but the Ceiling White version is dreadful!!

Purchased in March 2019.

Worst paint ever

This paint is dreadful. Roller marks everywhere. Looks like the ceiling has been painted by a child. The paint is expensive, and useless. I have bought another brand to hopefully fix the problem. What a waste of time and money.

Purchased in April 2019 for $80.00.

Coverage
Hi Jenny We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our Dulux Wash&Wear + Plus Kitchen & Bathroom. We would like to further assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 202774 – The Dulux Team

Really bad experience

Used white paint on walls already painted with a very light shade Dulux. I am a very experienced painter, stirred the paint well and used recommended equipment. Now after having painted the walls 6 times it still doesn’t cover. Called dulux, they asked me all the good questions: did you stir, did you paint on top of a dark color, on top of an oil based paint, what equipment did you use... but they offered no solution whatsoever. Went and bought a smaller sample which worked quite well. Now I am stuck with a huge bucket of useless paint and Dulux doesn’t care at all. Must have been a bad batch, but why is that my problem... super disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings for $200.00.

Coverage
Hi Kirsten, We're sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with Dulux Wash and Wear, we would like to help you further if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525 option 2 and quote this number. 200861 Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. – The Dulux Team

Stinks for weeks!

Bought a 15 litre can of Wash and Wear at Bunnings. Painted over existing, 14 year old paint, that was in very good condition. Painted two coats 1 day apart. Very dry weather during drying time. About 4 days after painting, the smell was still strong, so I called Bunnings. They offered to call Dulux on my behalf or I could do it myself. I chose to call Dulux myself. Explained the issue to the consultant. He suggested that the smell will stay for a "number of days". What is a "number of days" these days???
I thought that the paint might be spoilt somehow. It has been 4 weeks and the smell is still there when the room is left closed. I bought another can from Dulux store this time. Same issue as well. Well, that will be the last can of Dulux paint I ever buy. I don't need this crap! There are plenty of other good paint manufacturers these days!

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $208.00.

Longevity
Hi Milo We are sorry that you have experienced this issue, we would like to further assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice Team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 199145 – The Dulux Team

Awful smell (bacteria from bad batch) 6 months later

Worst experience with Dulux and still not taking responsibility for their bacteria-laden paint. They will not return calls and the painter blames everything on them as well, but still nothing from Dulux. Time for that class action lawsuit everyone is talking about.

Purchased in September 2018.

Longevity
Hi Missy , we are sorry that you have experienced this issue, we would like to further assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice Team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 191302 – The Dulux Team

Paint smells really bad like it is gone off!

Have been using this paint to paint our home(about halfway finished) and re opened the paint after it was sitting for about 1 month and it stinks!!! Not like a paint smell like a bad off spew like smell.

Has anyone else had the same issue.

I need more paint now but am considering using a different brand.

Purchased in December 2018.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted
Hi Andi , we are sorry that you have experienced this issue, we would like to further assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice Team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 189280 – The Dulux Team

Disappointed in this paint.

Applied 3 coats to Lounge room walls and the finish is terrible with streaks down the walls as if no paint was applied. Used a micro fibre 10mm roller as I have used numerous times before and finished is not good.

Purchased in March 2019 for $77.00.

Longevity
Hi Greg, we are sorry to see that you’re not satisfied with the finish in your home, and we understand your frustration. We want to help! Please call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2) and quote your ticket number 187229, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you - The Dulux Team.

Terrible paint, first time I have used dulux in the whisper white and seriously not impressed.

Purchased a house and painted the whole house. We have previously used whisper white in other brands, was recommend by bunnings to use the dulux whisper white wash & wear. Was told it was both a ceiling and wall paint. I can see streaks and odd patches in areas no matter the amount of coats. To paint a 3 bedroom house I’ve had to use 4 of the 10l buckets. This is the 3rd house I’ve painted and I’ve never had these issues with other brands before, it’s more expensive than other paint but it has done a sub-standard job considering I have spent close to $800 on the paint.

Purchased in January 2019 for $800.00.

Coverage

Terrible waste of time and money

We bought 4 litres of Chanson Wash & Wear for our small living room. That’s what the Dulux calculator said we needed for two coats. Well the four litres just did one coat on four walls and a second coat on one wall. It’s not new unpainted walls. We ended up going back to Bunnings today to buy more to finish the second coat and then do a third coat. And it is still patchy and really messy. We can’t leave it like this. We are going to have to buy another brand of paint and start again. I bought this paint because I used it last year in my kitchen in Vivid White and it was great. This is not the same at all.

Hi there gumboots, we are sorry to hear your experience with our Dulux Wash and Wear has not been so positive, we are here to assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525 option 2. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 183941 – The Dulux Team

Very nice finish, easy to apply and no streaks

I've always been told to use Dulux paint by friends who are painters, and have had previous experience using their Weathershield exterior paints but never used their interior stuff before. I was very surprised to find such low average reviews online, but then I found low average reviews for most of the major brands... This leads me to believe that most of the negative reviews are from people who don't spend time on the preparation, don't mix the paint properly, use cheap tools and somehow expect the paint to magically find its way onto the walls with a perfect finish... My only criticism is the Dulux paint calculator is a little on the conservative side and I have learned the hard way to buy at least 30% more paint then what the calculator says. I did 2 coats on my walls over 2 coats of Dulux acrylic primer with a microfibre roller and modest quality brush and the results are fantastic. Preparation is key which INCLUDES wiping the dust off the walls with a wet rag BEFORE applying any paint.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $89.00.

Prepare to double your budget with Dulux Wash & Wear

I have painted a house 8~ years ago, also a 1000sqm business inside and out 3 years ago both using Dulux Wash and Wear in a variety of colours and have just finished our 3rd room of our home.....what a nightwear!

The colour is Vivid White with the original being a light beige (pictured - >9 yo) and we are already 3 coats down with the idea it will need a 4th coat yet. The colour is very thin, compared to what i have used in the past??? With coverage being the biggest issue.

I am 2 x 15L tins down and to finish the rest of our home will triple the expected origianl budget, if you use a paint calculator you will need to budget for a whole lot extra.

It's a shame, I really like Dulux Wash & Wear but sadly it has left a sour taste in my mouth. After 4/5 coats, the colour is great but coverage really needs to improve.

Pretty disappointing. $420 down already with 4+ more tins yet to purchase to complete the job.

On a positive note, Dulux Ceiling White, a sheep skin roller and a bloody good eye, my ceilings have come up great with only 2 coats required.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $208.00.

Coverage
Hi Jourdana, We are sorry to read you are disappointed with your application of Dulux Wash and Wear, we would like to further assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525, option 2. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 183634 – The Dulux Team

Never again Dulux

We have built and renovated a lot of houses which we painted ourselves inside and out. We have never used Dulux Wash and Wear before and sadly we wont be ever again. We purchased 2 x 6 Litre tins at Bunnings today and it has taken us over 8 Litres just with the first coat and that was just for 1 bedroom. While painting it felt as though we were painting raw plaster (which is wasn't) the paint just kept sucking into the walls like crazy and we constantly had to roll paint onto our rollers. After the first coat we are left with patchy walls. We have to proceed with a 2nd coat of the same product unfortunately as we already brought the paint but after this we are going back to anything but Dulux. To paint our entire house in this product would send us broke and look shocking. Very poor quality Dulux you should definitely look at removing this product immediately off the market.

Good morning Helen, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Wash & Wear Low Sheen paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we’d like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 176426, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Dulux Team.I already contacted your help and advice team over 2 weeks ago now. The consultant told me to give him 48 hours to get back to me and I never heard back.Hi Helen, we're really sorry that our Tech Consultant didn't get back to you as promised. Can we please ask that you give us a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 176426, so that we can assist you. This is now an open ticket in our system, which means you will most certainly get the service you deserve - The Dulux Team.

What are you people on about!

These 1 star ratings obviously done buy DIY people who bought cheap 5 dollar brushes from bunnings with there all in one roller kit that was on sale for $7.99 in the discount bin. Iv worked with all dulux paint for eleven years and these "rough, streaky, bad coverage" jobs are the person painting. You have to understand that different brands have different tints so antique white from taubmans could be slightly different to dulux. Depends on which base its mixed with. So anybody who isnt a painter who thinks its just expecting top quality job there is a reason its a skilled trade. Good work dulux

Hi Cyril, thank you so much for your feedback! We're stoked to hear that you’ve had wonderful experiences with our products. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if ever you need any help or advice down the track. Much appreciated – The Dulux Team.

Paint went really well

I bought Dulux Wash & Wear on recommendation of a friend who's a builder. The reviews worried me but in the end I had a really good experience painting the master bedroom. The first coat looked terrible, the second went on amazing and I did a third just to even it up, I'm sure a professional painter could have done it in two but being amateur I struggled to apply the paint perfectly consistent. The paint doesn't drip or splatter as much as other paints (the sealer I used flew all over the place!), and the smell is minimal. It took me a week and a LOT of effort to prepare the walls but just a day to paint them. I'm so happy with the result.

Hi Bee, thank you so much for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you’ve had a great experience with our Wash & Wear Low Sheen paint. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Dulux Team.