ROBERT STUTSEL

ROBERT STUTSEL

I buy nothing but Dulux

I have been using Dulux paints for about 45 years. Painting is just about the worst chore that a DIY can do, so the less often you have to do it the better. You cannot save money on paint - you get what you pay for. I have never had Dulux paint peel. A tip I learnt is never use ceiling white, use flat white instead, a bit dearer but smoother and easy to clean. I have only had one disaster where wall paint went on white and gradually go brown patches but it may be that I used part of a used tin that may have had rust in it. Sorry to read of so many dissatisfied users. My wife at times has bought other brands but I refuse to use them. I only rated it 4/5 for Value because it is expensive but it is good,

Purchased in October 2019.

John C.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Terrible

Have painted many houses in the past and never had a problem before. Now using this product I find the coverage poor. Painting over white interior walls with Hogs Bristle, after two coats it is extremely patchy and seems to be an array of different shades. Previous room took 3 coats to put a light grey over white. Looking for another brand. And what about my $176. My daughter also starting to renovate, just sent her text, avoid Dulux.
John

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Gympie for $176.00.

John C.

Bunnings were their normal great company and gave me a full refund. The replacement product did a good job.

Dee017

Dee017Sydney, NSW

Happy

After asking pro painters advice they have all said Dulux. Despite some reviews on here I purchased Dulux Wash & Wear to paint my granny flat . My neighbour kindly helped me and couldn’t believe the excellent coverage. We have got away with only one coat on a slightly darker base colour with Natural white.
I sometimes wonder where some of these reviews stem from.

Purchased at Inspirations Paint Physical store for $176.00.

Don't even bother

I bought this paint as it was selected by the paint salesperson (probably because it costs more than the trade paints) and it is terrible! Colour coverage is awful, despite using a dark undercoat and then still took 3 coats to over using a navy blue. The finish is not smooth and remains tacky for a long time after application. I am disappointed with this product and will most certainly never use it again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Painted SurfaceWood

Streaky finish has appeared 1 week after painting

I’ve never had paint that has created the finish this paint has, did everything right, washed ceiling with sugar soap wiped clean with 2 buckets of water, patched and then lightly sanded existing ceiling white. Yet it is super streaky. Paint did seem to dry a lot faster than other paints I have used. Unfortunately I painted our 4 bedroom house with this paint and it took about a week to show itself. So dissatisfied should have just bought the elcheapo ceiling white that bunnings sells for $5 a litre!!! Used dulux wash and wear ( normal) on the walls and it looks great

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $215.00.

srinivasreddy p.

srinivasreddy p.Sydney, NSW

Its horrible - magnet for marks and especially the Theatre black paint we used in the theatre room.

The Wash and Wear name is not suitable for these paints, the marks cannot be removed from the walls. we have used "white on white" for the walls and after a weeks there is marks on it everywhere. It is hard to clean these marks. We just moved into our new home and it is already looking old.

The Theatre black you are not even able to remove the marks that the kids of done to the wall. we will have to repaint the whole room. I will never recommend this colour.

Purchased in August 2019.

Joel

JoelSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worse paint I have ever used on ceilings.

I'm not usually the one to complain about a product however this paint has caused me serious frustration as I have wasted a week of my time and money - My feedback is on par with others - after applying 2 coats to the ceiling it appeared very streaky and patchy - I have had some experience painting ceilings before and have never experienced this finish result - very disappointed as I expected a lot more from a premium Dulux paint - in saying this I have had no issues with Dulux wall paint.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $185.00.

Sharon K.

Sharon K.Hunter Region, NSW

Very Disappointing Product

Purchased this paint at Bunnings to paint the walls of four rooms of our house. All walls were in good condition. After three coats of this paint they are streaky and patchy. I will have to purchase another brand of paint to try and rectify the dreadful finish I am left with. Disappointing job and a waste of time and money. I have previously painted many houses before with no problems.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Tamara K.

Tamara K.Sydney, NSW

Don't use Dulux Lexicon Half - it's not neutral

We spent $5,500 painting a whole house with Lexicon half strength and it's terrible. It has so much blue, grey and green undertones it's ridiculous. When we tested it, it was white, paint the whole house and it's anything but. We have told everyone not to use it and they haven't. They purchased Taubmans. We are stuck with this now and yes it's taken a year for the smell to go. Occasionally we get a whif of it. Please don't use this product. You'll be upset every time you walk into your house.

Purchased in July 2018.

Gary1414

Gary1414Illawarra, NSW

useless paint

came back to Dulux paint only because of Dulux paint consultant advise on colour and discount offered, I am very meticulous when it comes to prep work and using the best gear to paint with, so using Dulux note the following
Used white base tinted to an off white mix,

1 coverage power is useless, off white even over a pastel colour it will take three coats
2 finish is very poor, and found the only way to get this paint to lay down without blemish is to add 10-15% Floetrol to mix.
3 If you want to see how a paint company can screw up a paint mix try Dulux

Dont waste your time and money

Purchased in May 2019 at Dulux Trade Centre.

Dom

DomGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible paint and waste of my time.

After 3 coats, 8 litres of paint and a waste of $150 our Master bedroom is left in
a streaky and patchy State.
Will have to go and paint the whole thing again.
Not happy at all

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $156.00.

Steve ClarkSydney Surrounds, NSW

Total crap - worst paint I've ever used

Leaves streaks and patches, the product should be withdrawn from the market.
Purchased a 10 litre can of the Whisper White, don't worry about the $170 how about all my time.

Purchased in June 2019 for $170.00.

Steve Clark

All good thanks, Bunnings were kind enough to offer me a replacement product. I was very happy with their service, although unhappy to re undercoat and repaint app 10 hours of my time.

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

We're really glad to hear it's all sorted for you, Steve. Please give us a call on 13 25 25 if you need any further help or advice. - The Dulux Team.

jimmy101

jimmy101AU

Dulux +Plus Kitchen & Bathroom Ceiling White is dreadful.

Purchased in March 2019.

Worst paint ever

This paint is dreadful. Roller marks everywhere. Looks like the ceiling has been painted by a child. The paint is expensive, and useless. I have bought another brand to hopefully fix the problem. What a waste of time and money.

Purchased in April 2019 for $80.00.

Kirsten

KirstenCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Really bad experience

Used white paint on walls already painted with a very light shade Dulux. I am a very experienced painter, stirred the paint well and used recommended equipment. Now after having painted the walls 6 times it still doesn’t cover. Called dulux, they asked me all the good questions: did you stir, did you paint on top of a dark color, on top of an oil based paint, what equipment did you use... but they offered no solution whatsoever. Went and bought a smaller sample which worked quite well. Now I am stuck with a huge bucket of useless paint and Dulux doesn’t care at all. Must have been a bad batch, but why is that my problem... super disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings for $200.00.

Milo

MiloSydney, NSW

Stinks for weeks!

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $208.00.

Awful smell (bacteria from bad batch) 6 months later

Worst experience with Dulux and still not taking responsibility for their bacteria-laden paint. They will not return calls and the painter blames everything on them as well, but still nothing from Dulux. Time for that class action lawsuit everyone is talking about.

Purchased in September 2018.

Andi

AndiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Paint smells really bad like it is gone off!

Have been using this paint to paint our home(about halfway finished) and re opened the paint after it was sitting for about 1 month and it stinks!!! Not like a paint smell like a bad off spew like smell.

Has anyone else had the same issue.

I need more paint now but am considering using a different brand.

Purchased in December 2018.

Greg F

Greg FHunter Region, NSW

Disappointed in this paint.

Applied 3 coats to Lounge room walls and the finish is terrible with streaks down the walls as if no paint was applied. Used a micro fibre 10mm roller as I have used numerous times before and finished is not good.

Purchased in March 2019 for $77.00.

Paul B

Paul BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible paint, first time I have used dulux in the whisper white and seriously not impressed.

Purchased a house and painted the whole house. We have previously used whisper white in other brands, was recommend by bunnings to use the dulux whisper white wash & wear. Was told it was both a ceiling and wall paint. I can see streaks and odd patches in areas no matter the amount of coats. To paint a 3 bedroom house I’ve had to use 4 of the 10l buckets. This is the 3rd house I’ve painted and I’ve never had these issues with other brands before, it’s more expensive than other paint but it has done a sub-standard job considering I have spent close to $800 on the paint.

Purchased in January 2019 for $800.00.

Roberto W.

Roberto W.asked

Wash & Wear Low Sheen

Can you use dulux wash and wear on ceilings

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your message. Dulux Wash&Wear Low Sheen was not formulated to be used on ceilings, unless you're prepared to cover all your furniture, and wear a raincoat whilst painting!

We recommend using our specifically formulated ceiling range of paint: https://www.dulux.com.au/products/interior/ceiling

Cheers,
The Dulux Team

Marym

Marymasked

Wash & Wear Gloss

What sort of undercoat/primer should i use on new cement walls in my bathroom. Also what sort of enamel paint should i use as a top coat.

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Marym! We’d love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Dulux Team.

Mel

Melasked

Hi if the internal plaster walls have had 2 some areas three coats of dulux professional premium acrylic matt paint in lexicon qtr. can dulux wash and wear be done ontop will it Be suffice for the wash and wear paint and if so how many coats of the wash and wear paint in same colour needs to be applied ie 1,2or 3? It will be done by a professionalpainter but i would like to be sure going over it to achieve wash and wear will be okay

henry h.Dulux

Hi Mel, if the Dulux Professional is clean and sound you can simply apply 2 coats of Wash & Wear. If the previous coating is older or damaged at all then we recommend an application of sugar soap and possibly sanding and spot priming any affected areas before applying the topcoats. - The Dulux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives

Dulux Wash & Wear Matt

2.7
Dulux Wash & Wear +Plus Super Tough

Dulux Wash & Wear +Plus Super Tough

1.0
CategoryPaints & VarnishesPaints & VarnishesPaints & VarnishesPaints & VarnishesPaints & VarnishesPaints & VarnishesPaints & VarnishesPaints & Varnishes
TypeInteriorInteriorInteriorInteriorInteriorInteriorInteriorInterior