Dulux Weathershield

Phil

PhilSydney, NSW

Very easy to use and great coverage.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $450.00.

Painted SurfaceConcrete, Metal, Previously painted and Wood
DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Phil, thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you’ve had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Dulux Team.

Ross

RossGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dulux paint is rubbish

Purchased 14 litres of weathershield in semi gloss. The paint is difficult to apply, it lack adhesion to the surface and required 3 coats just to get a cover. After 2 weeks I can still scratch the paint with my fingernail.
I purchased a can of Wattyl Solarguard. It is like chalk and cheese. The Wattyl product went on beautifully. Two coats and I had a magnificent finish. I went back to my local Dulux store to follow up on the problem. They looked and the paint and said there was nothing wrong with it. I have done a lot of painting over many years and have always used the Dulux product. I am extremely disappointed with the product and response i got at the Dulux shop. I will never use Dulux product again

Purchased at Dulux Trade Centre for $185.00.

Villa NoosaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Painting of 10 Villas at Noosaville

Excellent finish, great assistance from trade representative liaising with contractor Wilko. Job completed on time. The second time we have used this Dulux product in the last 12 years on a site near Noosa river with the usual harsh weather conditions, southerly winds etc

Painted SurfaceConcrete

Not happy

Never again, tinted green dulux weathershield. Retailer replaced tin for a factory tinted can .no better cut my losses and bought a diffrent brand. extra expense and tripple the work. at least diffrent brand hasn't peeled off like glad wrap.

Purchased in March 2019 at I.t.s. timber and hardware. Georgetown tas for $95.00.

Wimo

WimoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sticky

Dries too quick and remains soft for a long time. Does not flow nicely. And tne colour (green) seperates even while regularly stirring. Disappointing product. Used to be my favourite paint.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Ressler

ResslerPerth, WA

Both great and terrible

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

EwanDulux

False claims with warranty

I had my home painted professionally using the dulux product and within 1 month the paint started to bubble and peel away from the walls. Asked the Dulux rep to have a look and they claim the product is fine and it is normal to bubble when in direct sunlight. As for the warranty they wont cover anything as they claim there product was applied properly. I now have to pay another painter to fix the issue. Please don't get caught out with this product like I did.

unhappy

unhappyTINAROO

Awful

I am extending my timber cottage, there was painted by a professional painter 4 years ago. I bought the same paint from same shop to match but the colour very different when sun hit the wall.
The paint is still not dry after 2 weeks. Oily, sticky substance on surface when sun out.
I have painted the walls, balustrades and poles but can not finish my job.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Well I pained house 2 yrs ago it's faded new it's look horrible

I am painter, I painted house 2 year ago in 47 raven street comp hill qld one side house on sun side look faded. I call dulux I hope the gat to ma asap, if derby base not good please advise the trad or builder to avoid all this issue. Thanks!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
strikey

strikeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Looks great

Just painted my Campervan with this paint. The guy at Bunnings recommended it to me and I am very happy with it so far. Had trouble initially with the spray gun but after ringing Bunnings who told me to add 2 litres of water with it to thin it down, everything then went smoothly. A couple of runs, but that was my lack of experience. I would definitely use Dulux weathershield again.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Niko TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

According to the Dulux lab technicians, Weathershield, will not adhere to PINE

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Niko T

weathershield paint for weatherboards is the best ont he market

Date PurchasedNov 2017

bad, bad, bad!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Poor quality paint

I bought paint at the Penticton store for aluminum siding on the exterior of my house. The label on the can states you can apply it to metal surfaces. The paint is watery thin and did not cover well. I had to use 5 coats and the colour was not what it was supposed to be. When I called the store they wouldn't take the remainder of the paint back. I have never used such poor quality paint before.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

The Worst Paint Ever!!!

This is the worst paint that i have ever used. We have just renovated two decks in wich we used weathershield for all the PRE PRIMED Timber balustrading. We called dulux to ask for the correct application just to confirm...The lady told us to sand back the PRE PRIMED timber, yes thats right she said to sand the factory prime coat off and then undercoat. Once finished the paint peeled everywhere. Not only the worst customer service/advice but the actual dulux product is beyond shocking!!!!!!!! Never recommend dulux again. Taubmans, wattyl or resen is a much better option.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Run,run,run,sticky,sticky,sticky

Hi there, been a professional painter for 30 years and never have i had so many problems with a paint. Spraying corrugated iron as i have done many times before and it was like applying glue. It was tacky and ran, ran, ran. I understand that Extra Bright base can be bit stickier and harder to apply but this was just unacceptable in anyones terms. Sorry havent had this many problems with a paint for many many years

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Cam

CamNortham

Know your product befor you use it

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Hi Cam,
Dulux team here, thanks for the note and great to hear that you continue to enjoy this product. Please contact us on 132525 if you need any support down the track.
Best regards.

No guarantee at all on colour fading

Date PurchasedApr 2012
Adam HiltonDulux

Jack

Jack

Good paint with a great finish.

Very satisfied with product and is easy to apply providing you dont play with it.Brush it on using a good quality brush and undercoat first .Preparation is vital to get a good result.Make sure you dont apply in direct sun or in warm weather.Dark colors can leave water marks after tain but they dry offok.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
JoKDulux

Thanks for the feedback Jack.
Best wishes for the remainder of your project.
Team Dulux.

This Paint is terrible

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Hi Jan,
Thanks for the note and that does seem very unusual so we would like to speak with you further. Please contact 13 25 25 to speak directly with Dulux customer service.

Robert

Robertasked

Weathershield Low Sheen Acrylic

Is it suitable for an outside fountain that contains fish? In other words, is it toxic or non-toxic?

Sorry I do not know, suggest you contact Dulux rep

Hi Robert
Thank you for reaching out to us, we do not have a suitable recommendation for your application on a fountain that contains fish. For all further enquiries please do not hesitate in contacting us on 132525 opt 2 - The Dulux Team

Scott C.

Scott C.asked

Weathershield Low Sheen Acrylic

The paint is Weathershield chromamax (colour Night Sky), and I have painted without a primer - not realising that this type of Weathershield requires a primer. What effect will this have? What should I do now?

Hi Scott
Thank you for reaching out to us, it is best you make contact with our Help & Advice Team for further information on this product. Please contact us on 132525 option 2. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. The Dulux Team

Julie G.asked

Wondering if I can use Dulux acrylic Weathershield semi gloss over well weathered decking oil (applied 3 years ago) used on exterior doors w/o primer but sanding surfaces thoroughly. Thank you, Julie

Hi Julie
Thank you for reaching out to us, I am afraid we do not recommend applying our Weathershield Semi Gloss over your weathered decking oil. Alternative suggestion is to sand the existing surface back to bare timber to remove all surface contamination then wash with Cabots Deck Clean prior to applying 2-3 coats of Cabots Timbercolour Deck & Exterior Paint. Please follow all label instructions for best adhesion and durability. Good luck with your project.
The Dulux Team

thank you Bella B, I'll follow your instructions, Julie

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives