2.2

Sydneysleeper

SydneysleeperSydney, NSW

Disappointing paint performance

I used this paint over several years on timber rails and features around the house. It was applied by both professional painters and myself. The house is in a coastal location and subject to wind and salt and direct sunshine. Weathershield lasts a couple of years at best before flaking off and going powdery on the surface. I cringe whenever I see the Dulux advert for painting a surf club! Changed over to using Wattyl Solarguard on the same timber features as well as the rendered walls and it's performance in maintaining a good surface seal on timber and render has been excellent. It is a pity that Solarguard is being sold at fewer outlets.

Painted SurfaceConcrete and Wood
Bob J.

Bob J.Perth, WA

Dulux weathershield rubbish paint

Dulux Weathershield black gloss maxiflex paint was like thick jam tried to paint guttering paint wouldnt brush out painted in mtr blocks couldn,t lay off showed every overlap kept getting a skim on paint on back brush just dragged paint I know how to paint and this product is rubbish $ 96.00 down the drain got to strip front gutter & start over not Dulux not goo

Purchased in September 2020 for A$96.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Mario G.

Mario G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of time and money!!!

I am a from Professional paintingCompany I have over 35 years in the Painting industry I have used several products over the years the new max low sheen is waste of money instead of getting better with technology it’s going downhill the weather shield to me feels like aqua tech !!!!a low sheen isn’t meant to go flat

Purchased in July 2020 at Dulux.

Sarah T.Queensland

Great paint

Lovely bright white paint, good coverage. The smell was very strong however when used in the sprayer even when wearing a mask. So I went back to using it with a roller. It resulted in a nice smooth even finish and very pleased with the final result.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard, Previously painted and Wood
belinda b.Dulux

Thank you Sarah for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Dulux Team.

Christine

ChristineHunter Region, NSW

Dulux Weathersheild Maxiflex Massive fail

Building a new deck & have painted treated pine bare timber Joists 190 x 45, 3 days after, peeling rubbery paint all over surface. Lodged a complaint but like many other reviews they are dodging and delaying . I will never buy another Dulux Product again. My builder has never seen anything like it. This has caused a big delay in build as I need to try to scrape or sand this back and prime and paint with another product. I will also lodge a complaint with NSW Fair Trade , have taken many photo and saved offcuts as evidence but need to get on with build. I think this will set me back a week to try to rectify in time & labour.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Glendale for A$96.60.

Stuart B.

Stuart B.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Window and deck rail

I used this paint on a deck rail with the use of a primer as recommended by a local paint shop. The paint started to peel off within a week. I also used this paint on timber windows and it chips and flakes off so easily. Where it hasn't flaked off, it had started to fade after only 1 summer. The quality is absolutely dreadful. I will never buy dulux again.

Purchased in September 2019.

Josh G

Josh GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not a good experience.

Painted treated pine timber posts for carport. Even after drying over two days the painted posts stuck together and the paint has peeled off. Going to have repaint an entire 12 metre long carport. $200 Down the drain.

Purchased in January 2020 at Paint Spot for A$200.00.

DuluxGroup A.Dulux
Phil

PhilSydney, NSW

Very easy to use and great coverage.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$450.00.

Painted SurfaceConcrete, Metal, Previously painted and Wood
DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Phil, thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you’ve had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Dulux Team.

Ross

RossGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dulux paint is rubbish

Purchased 14 litres of weathershield in semi gloss. The paint is difficult to apply, it lack adhesion to the surface and required 3 coats just to get a cover. After 2 weeks I can still scratch the paint with my fingernail.
I purchased a can of Wattyl Solarguard. It is like chalk and cheese. The Wattyl product went on beautifully. Two coats and I had a magnificent finish. I went back to my local Dulux store to follow up on the problem. They looked and the paint and said there was nothing wrong with it. I have done a lot of painting over many years and have always used the Dulux product. I am extremely disappointed with the product and response i got at the Dulux shop. I will never use Dulux product again

Purchased at Dulux Trade Centre for A$185.00.

Villa Noosa

Villa NoosaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Painting of 10 Villas at Noosaville

Excellent finish, great assistance from trade representative liaising with contractor Wilko. Job completed on time. The second time we have used this Dulux product in the last 12 years on a site near Noosa river with the usual harsh weather conditions, southerly winds etc

Painted SurfaceConcrete

Not happy

Never again, tinted green dulux weathershield. Retailer replaced tin for a factory tinted can .no better cut my losses and bought a diffrent brand. extra expense and tripple the work. at least diffrent brand hasn't peeled off like glad wrap.

Purchased in March 2019 at I.t.s. timber and hardware. Georgetown tas for A$95.00.

Wimo

WimoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sticky

Dries too quick and remains soft for a long time. Does not flow nicely. And tne colour (green) seperates even while regularly stirring. Disappointing product. Used to be my favourite paint.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Ressler

ResslerPerth, WA

Both great and terrible

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

EwanDulux

False claims with warranty

I had my home painted professionally using the dulux product and within 1 month the paint started to bubble and peel away from the walls. Asked the Dulux rep to have a look and they claim the product is fine and it is normal to bubble when in direct sunlight. As for the warranty they wont cover anything as they claim there product was applied properly. I now have to pay another painter to fix the issue. Please don't get caught out with this product like I did.

unhappy

unhappyTINAROO

Awful

I am extending my timber cottage, there was painted by a professional painter 4 years ago. I bought the same paint from same shop to match but the colour very different when sun hit the wall.
The paint is still not dry after 2 weeks. Oily, sticky substance on surface when sun out.
I have painted the walls, balustrades and poles but can not finish my job.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Well I pained house 2 yrs ago it's faded new it's look horrible

I am painter, I painted house 2 year ago in 47 raven street comp hill qld one side house on sun side look faded. I call dulux I hope the gat to ma asap, if derby base not good please advise the trad or builder to avoid all this issue. Thanks!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
strikey

strikeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Looks great

Just painted my Campervan with this paint. The guy at Bunnings recommended it to me and I am very happy with it so far. Had trouble initially with the spray gun but after ringing Bunnings who told me to add 2 litres of water with it to thin it down, everything then went smoothly. A couple of runs, but that was my lack of experience. I would definitely use Dulux weathershield again.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Niko TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

According to the Dulux lab technicians, Weathershield, will not adhere to PINE

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Niko T

weathershield paint for weatherboards is the best ont he market

Date PurchasedNov 2017

bad, bad, bad!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Krystof

Krystofasked

Weathershield

Can I use directly dulux weathershield on old oil base paint?

michelle k.Dulux

Hi Krystof, thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, regarding Dulux Weathershield! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Dulux Team.

Shelley N.
Shelley N.

Is this water base

Laura S.

Laura S.asked

Weathershield

Can I use directly dulux weathershiel on old oil base paint?

Sarah T.

I am only a DIYer but yes I don’t see why not. However you will need to prepare the old surface first, by cleaning and sanding to give the paint a key, then sugar soaping it before you paint. It is a great quality thick paint but like all painting it comes down to preparing the surface well. If painting over a dark colour a primer may also be required.

michelle k.Dulux

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, regarding Dulux Weathershield! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! – The Dulux Team.

john harley

john harleyasked

Weathershield Low Sheen Acrylic

I need to paint my small jetty that Moore’s my boat what the best paint to use

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, John! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and they will be able to answer all of your questions! The Customer Service Team.

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives