See the Best Pillows in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

JcdPerth

My search is over!

After buying at least 20 pillows and having none of them work for me (I have a badly damaged neck) I have FINALLY found a pillow I absolutely love. I have tried latex pillows in the past and found them either too firm or else too high.This is lovely and soft and not high at all. It has a removable cover and only has a faint latex smell and I am very sensitive to smells.The only drawback was the price. I paid $119 at my local Beds n Dreams store but believe they are available much cheaper at Myer and the like.As they have a 10 year warranty I feel its money well spent.

Purchased in August 2019 for $119.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesYes
Pillow Relieves Pain No

n fulton

n fultonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gave me neck problems

This pillow gave me neck/shoulder problems. I ended up at the physio, chiro and massuer. Given the amount of money I spent, I was determined to keep using it (tried for two months) but alas, have finally given up. I rang Dunlopillo but they weren't able to provide any solution. Money wasted.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harris Scarfe Online Store for $80.00.

George V.

George V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect pillow

Just bought my replacement dunlopillo after 30 years so I guess I am hooked
They are expensive but you only need 2 for a lifetime
Simply the best latex pillow you can buy

Purchased in December 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $75.00.

alina

alinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best Pillow ever

I purchased two pillows from Kogan.com. And I never regret that I did so. They are definitely the best pillow I ever owned. They are very soft to sleep with but very firm at the same time to support my neck. And inside material is latex, which make this pillow stands out from normal pillow, it will keep the inside always clean and without any strange smell.

Purchased in July 2018 at Kogan.com.

Check before buying

Be aware there can be differences even though I bought four of the Classic- they were not all the same. I have slept on dunlopillo's for over 30 years. The pillow I selected was way to hard for me- luckily this suited my husband and I could take one of the "softer" ones. Don't buy online like I did, so that you can check in-store before purchase. It's a great pillow.

Purchased in April 2019 for $90.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesYes
Pillow Relieves Pain Yes

clancy89

clancy89Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best latex pillow

Purchased in December 2015.

elliptical29South East Queensland, QLD

Not Quality!

The classic latex pillow started off being very supportive and comfortable when first getting it however after 4-5 months, the pillow went soft and now lacks the support for my neck and head. This is also the case for smaller people that don't weigh much either as I am not a bigger person. I don't think latex or memory foams are the same quality they used to be anymore.

Purchased in September 2018 for $100.00.

Kanye

KanyeSydney, NSW

soft and comfortable with a little odour

Purchased a classic Dunlopillo pillow from Kogan. The first talalay latex pillow ever used. The height is perfect for most adults when sleeping on it even though it just 13.5cm high. However, you can notice a little bit of latex odour if you are a side sleeper.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kogan.com for $89.00.

James R

James RSydney, NSW

Just the right height and perfect for side sleepers

I’ve always used latex pillows but find it difficult finding one the right height, that isn’t too heavy or hot. After a week on the dunlopillow classic latex I’ll be going to buy a 2nd. Perfect for me sleeping on side or back (I’m medium build 168cm 70kg male). Strongly recommend. Oh if worried about the smell some reported just leave it out to air overnight - that disappears after an airing & is normal for new latex pillows.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Gayle

GayleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible odour

Extremely comfortable but bad odour of latex permeates whole room. I have other latex pillows of other brands as well as one older dunlop one and no probs. Despite airing the problem persists and is embarrassing. No help from customer service. Not quality of previous years.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Yvonne Limpus

Yvonne Limpus

Not good for me

I loved the feel but medium firm was no good for me. But my daughter loves for side sleeping. I found that it gave me a stiff neck and a sore back. I could only pick from medium firm or high firm. I did love the feel of it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Georgia

GeorgiaAU

Recipe for neck pain and headache

I bought the classic a few years back and found that too low, so recently bought this high profile medium pillow for side sleepers. It is too high and too hard. I fight with this pillow, but have tried to give it a chance only to wake with intense neck pain and headaches. I got it on special but at $79 it is still a rip off. Don’t be fooled thinking latex pillows are the answer to a peaceful night sleep.

Purchased in September 2018 for $79.00.

Dian

Dian

Terrible gave me a stiff neck and headache!

I bought this pillow on recommendation from the barefoot investor book, and what a huge disappointment! It is way too stiff and high, it’s given me a stiff neck and headaches! I never get neck pain and very rarely headaches. I’m glad I didn’t pay full price, but at $79 from Harris scarfe it’s still a rip off!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Alex

Alex

Horrible experience

I accidentally purchased the wrong pillows from Harris Scarfe in Southland for $79 each (2) I was supposed to buy classic and after a terrible nights sleep because they were too big for me and my wife, we were refused a refund. I can understand why but I was not made aware that you are unable to return pillows, if I can know this I would have put a pillow case on the outside of the plastic for the first night. So doesn’t always pay to be honest

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Tanya

TanyaHilbert

Not a great purchase

I am finding it very difficult to adjust to and can't do a whole night on it. It is unforgiving and uncomfortable and I don't think that it is worth the money I spent on it at all. It is not helping my sleep, or my neck issues so I would question the value of this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

ShoppingBlowsIllawarra, NSW

You'll save money in the long term - just buy it!

After wasting money on so many pillows that were good for a week, or needed replacing often and wasting money, I decided to just buy the Dunlopillo. I had read excellent reviews for Dunlopillo for years but found them too expensive but finally bought a pair on special online. I've had them for 1 year and they are simply the best pillows ever. They feel the same today as when I first got them. I read in bed and they are easy to get into the right place, then I sleep on my side and they are just the right height. I would normally go for a soft feel but the medium in Dunlopillo turned out to be good as it feels soft but my head doesn't sink in to far. Very happy all around!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

SACMum

SACMumAU

Perfect for side sleeper

First I bought the Microcloud pillow after reading the reviews but I feel like it didn't support my neck as I feel like it's too low for me. I'm a side sleeper small frame body type. Then I bought this Dunlopillo and it's the best. It supports my neck and have no sore shoulder anymore. I think it's a perfect pillow if you're a side sleeper

Date PurchasedJun 2018

beno

benoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suits small frame side sleeper

I have been using the same pillow brand and style for years now. Continually delivers quality and a good sleep. Ready to replace after 3 years mainly because of yellowing

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Bee1

Bee1Nambour

love my pllow so much

I love this pillow so much. Its the most comfortable of all the pillows Ive tried in the past, and I did try quit a few different types looking for the perfect pillow. Love the softness of it, its just right for me.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Justine

JustineSouth Australia

Awesome

No more sore neck, sleeping so soundly. Felt a bit unusual first couple of nights but oh so good. Worth every $. Most expensive pillow i have bought but its the best by far

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Sandy2asked

Medium Profile Soft Feel

Is this pillow suitable for a teenage tummy sleeper? Thank you.

Jcd

Hi Sandy in order to answer your question would need to know more . Eg is the teenager small or large build do they have a firmer or softer mattress etc. Assuming they are average build and have a medium firm mattress then i would say no due to the fact latex is a bouncy firmer feeling and would not compress enough to keep their head and neck in good alignment. Try a soft flat pillow eg : feather or polyfill instead or a childrens latex pillow.

Sandy2

How very helpful of you Jed! Teenager is as your describe, with medium firm mattress. Your answer and solution is much appreciated! Thank you so much, Sandra (Adelaide)

Kazz

Kazzasked

High Profile Medium Feel

My husband & I have been sleeping on Dunlopillow High Profile medium feel pillows measuring 48 x 73cm for about 8 years & love it. Looking to purchase new ones to use in caravan bed. But notice they are now smaller now 44 x 64cm. Also people saying they are not the same, some say they’re too firm others to soft so reluctant to buy them now.
My question is have they changed what they are made of & in size & density??

Georgia

Georgiaasked

Can I return this pillow to Dunlopillo directly. It is the biggest waste of money and the store will not take it back despite being too hard!

elliptical29

Hi, I am not sure about this one. Best thing would be to ask them, and complain about it to them stating you want a refund. I don't know if they will accept for 'change of mind', or you could argue that the item was 'not as described' given it causes pain and discomfort. Always keep your receipts and keep copies of these as well for proof of purchase.

Get an answer from our members and Dunlopillo representatives

Dunlopillo Classic