Dyson

Dyson

Crap Product - Disgustingly overpriced - No Customer Service

Bought a $800 Dyson Pet Vacuum 3 years ago. Worked Fine for the first 3 years, then suction terrible (and other issues)(even though cleaned it thoroughly after each use). Contacted Dyson (after being on hold since dinosaur's roamed the earth). Sent vacuum to Dyson. They got back saying the motor was stuffed and needed a new one at a cost of $450. I told them that after 3 years, an $800 vacuum should last longer than that. They politely said bad luck. Don't buy! Don't waste your hard earned money on such expensive plastic (because that's what they are made of). Better off buying a cheapy and even if it konks out after 12 months and you buy another, still works out ALLOT cheaper.

Can live without my Dyson

Love this brand for quality and power. My hand held Dyson vacuum is used daily in the laundry, car and hard surfaces. One of the best products on the market.

Great service.. Instead of waiting on phone I just drove straight to service center!

I had 2 vacuum sticks loose their power within a few minutes so I went to the Glen Waverley service center and had 1 (2017)machine battery replaced on the spot $85 and 2nd (2015)reconditioned like new $199 a few days later. Was told to not fill over max. line in the dirt console as it reduces the motor and battery life and switch off max power button unless needed

Customer service

Dreadful awful terrible customer service. There is no help for repair or battery replacement. After doing the online checking, the suggested utube help etc I resorted to calling the customer ‘care’ number. Was told there was 127 minute delay. After waiting 27 mins was told there was a 132 minute delay. Then every ten minutes was updated with my wait time. After 40 mins on hold was told I now had 134. I guess I’m off to Godfrey’s to buy a cheaper stick vacuum. Cannot risk spending so much money on a ‘disposable’ machine. Have sent an email but judging by other reviews I’ll have no luck here either

Unable to contact Customer Service

I have been a happy customer of Dyson for several years and have always been impressed with their customer service up until now. The battery of our V8 Handstick is not working as long as it should. I sent an email 29 April 2019 asking for advice on how to fix the problem but didn’t receive a reply. Sent another follow up email 5 May, again no reply. Today (20 May) I decided to ring the Customer Service department with the hope of talking to someone who could help. After staying on hold for 30 minutes I decided to hang up.

Very disappointed and will consider not buying Dyson again which is a shame as I have loved using their products in the past.

We sincerely apologise the for the delay you have experienced Cate. We know Dyson Owners are waiting for significantly longer than we would expect. To get service levels back to normal we are training more Dyson Experts to assist more owners and have every possible Dyson Expert available to assist with queries and drive the wait time down. We trust a Dyson Expert has been in touch, however if not, or if we can assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly.I contacted the above email yesterday and received a reply within 10 minutes. Am very happy to say that the staff I communicated with were very helpful and suggested I ring the Customer Support number to order a new battery. After being on hold for over 30 minutes last week I was hesitant to try again but am happy to say that I was speaking to a very polite young man within 8 minutes. Thomas was extremely accommodating and organised the postage of a replacement battery as well as some very helpful tips on how to make the battery last longer. Keep up the good work Dyson. Thank you.

Worst Customer Support

Non existent customer service, nobody picks up the phone, no personal email feedback, the trouble shooting website is a joke and I am still trying to get my vacuum cleaner going again. They ask for a lot of money and there is no return on my investment when needed. Last time I bought a Dyson.

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you have had getting your machine back up and running. We are working to assist all Dyson owners as quickly as possible and can only apologise for the delay. We trust a Dyson Expert has been in touch, however if not, or if we can assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly.

I don't think the support team exist for DYSON

We bought an air purifier 6 months ago and it's now making loud noises when we switched on! and we did not switch the purifier on everyday ! My $100 Vornado Fan which i bought 10 years ago,it is still working fine and we use it everyday!
I've tried calling the support team and was waiting on the line for more than 1 hour then the support line decided to experience technical issue and only allowed me to leave a voice message. I have not receive any updates since then!
Thank you Dyson for extremely bad after sales service .You are now losing a loyal customer !

We are sorry to hear of your experience. We certainly wouldn't expect our helpline to cut any of our Dyson owners off. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into this and assist you. If you could please forward your details and the serial number of your Dyson machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Dyson Service/Support

Dyson support is impossible.
We love the Dyson product, BUT the support is impossible
The phone wait time is more the 140 minutes.
I had tried twice, first time the call was dropped may be due to the call going over closing time.
The second time I called, I left the 1800 number call go and go on, call dropped again. No answer.
I sent all details for support via e mail, and that took 3 days to reply.
The promised to send a changer and battery. Charger only received.
Send another e mail stating charger only received, still no work back after 2 days.

We will look for other products next time when choosing a vacuum cleaner.
Dyson is now on the bottom of any shopping list.

Sorry to hear about this Carlo. We sincerely apologise the for the delay. We are aware Dyson Owners are waiting for significantly longer than we would expect, and we are training more Dyson Experts to assist more owners with their queries and drive the wait time down. We trust you have been able to get in touch with a Dyson Expert to locate the missing battery, however if not please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to assist.

Extremely poor after sales service

I too have had long wait times for callback from Dyson. When you finally get to speak to someone they are prompt to diagnose and send out parts. From all the reports of poor service here I suggest for those who’s machines are still under warranty they return it to where they purchased it from and let them sort it out. Under Australian law your warranty is with the vendor and it is their responsibility to sort issues. I think if enough people do this with big retailers either service will improve or retailers will stop stocking these products. Yesterday at 4.30 pm est it was not even possible to join the call back queue simply telling you to call back at another time. At no time have I been told the queue waiting time is less than 2 hours which is ridiculous. Dyson you charge enough for your products so please provide good after sales service and respect your customers time.

We are sorry to hear of your difficulty getting through Timothy. We are aware of our wait times and they are certainly not what we want for our owners. We can only apologise for the delay as we work to get more Dyson Experts assisting owners and driving down the wait time. If you have not yet been able to speak with a Dyson Expert, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts willl be in touch very shortly and happy to assist.Took more than a week to dispatch the parts after they were ordered. Seems the inefficiency pervades many departments within Dyson Australia.

Hopeless!!

Ordered a Dyson Airwrap 1 week before mother’s day and despite there web page stating 1-2 days delivery nothing arrived, spoke to Dyson and told them how disappointed my children were that they had nothing to give me for mother’s day .
Despite promising that it would arrive soon I have just received tracking for delivery NEXT Monday ...... so not good enough how can a item take 2 weeks to be delivery !!!! Not good enough Dyson

I am sorry to hear about this. This is certainly not the experience we wish to provide for any of our Dyson owners. We have moved warehouses and are experiencing teething issues as a result of this and we can only apologise that we let you down. To discuss this further, please forwrd your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly.

Dyson's Customer No Care Service

I have been trying for weeks to get through to Dyson's customer care service. Even when the recorded message says there is no wait time nobody picks up the phone.

We are sorry to hear you haven't been able to get through to our Dyson Experts. We can only apologise for the delay as we work to reduce the delay and assist our Owners. If you haven't yet been in touch with our team, we would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly and happy to help.

Very very disappointed with lack of communication and after sales support

I had purchased a brand new Dyson v11 direct from Dyson , I wanted it in time for mother’s day, the machine has arrived at my local post office but I cannot collect it as there was an issue with the delivery address

I contacted Australia post and they told me to contact Dyson ,

I woke up at 5.30 am this morning to make sure I’m first in the cue when I called Dyson support centre which opens at 8.30am EST on Saturday (I’m from Western Australia). When I called the answering machine said I had an estimated wait time of 2 minutes ...After spending over 30 minutes waiting on the phone the wait time increased to 60 minutes , I couldn’t hold on the phone any longer as I had to go to work and decided to request a call back.... it’s 8.30pm now and guess what, still no call back, I won’t be holding my breath,

Meanwhile I was able to get a real contact email of someone from the Dyson support centre, I emailed them explaining my situation and they explained that they cannot help and that I should contact Dyson directly, I had replied back explaining but they didn’t respond back,

WARNING: you better hope you don’t have any issues with your product as Dyson after sales support is almost non-existent,

I love Dyson products and innovations they are amazing , I recommend them to everyone

HOWEVER

good after support is just as important as the product and until Dyson addresses this issue , I would only give Dyson a well deserved 1 star rating

I am sorry to hear you are had trouble with your Dyson order Tony. We are aware of our long wait times and they are certainly not what we want for any of our Owners and can only apologise for the delay. We have every possible Dyson Expert assisting Owners and more being trained to drive wait times down. I trust you were able to get through to a Dyson Expert and this has been sorted, however if not, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly and only happy to help.

Customer Care cannot be contacted for warranty claim

Dyson has had my vacuum cleaner in for assessment for a warranty claim for over a month. They called my wife yesterday and would not discuss anything with my wife because it was in my name. She advised them to call me but they did not. I've tried to call them on multiple occasions and wait times were over 2 hours. After waiting I just got cut off. At other times just got we are busy message. This is the worst customer service that I've ever experienced.

Sorry to hear about this, the experience you outlined is certainly not what we would expect for any Dyson owner. We would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Worst service in the world!!!

Ordered a replaceable battery on the cordless Vacuum cleaner on the 17th of April. Last month. No correspondence other than thanks for your money and order!
Last week I finally tried to ring them for lack of any information and or service of when the delivery was going to be as they took my money instantly!! Tried to ring (Wait time said 58 minutes! Emailed them and received a reply a day alter saying it was not even processed! They would do it now To date still Waiting waiting waiting! Just tried to ring and now the waiting time is now 114 Minutes!!! ridiculous! This company should not be in business and is taking money under false

We are sorry to hear about this. This is certainly not the experience we want to provide to any of our Dyson owners and we are working on reducing the wait time. I trust you have received your order, however if not or if we can assist further, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help.

Customer Service is Atrocious

For the last three weeks their call centre has wait times of 100 minutes plus no matter what time you call.
You send emails to their support and all you get is an automated response that they received your email but no actual response.
Have had battery issues with a cordless stick vac since I purchased it, they replaced the battery but still doesn't work.
Great products when their working but don't expect any after sale support

We can only apologise for the delay you have encountered when getting in touch with us Frank. Please be assured this is not the experience we want to provide and are working to reduce the delay and assist every Dyson owner. We trust you have been in touch with one of our Dyson Experts, however if not, or if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch shortly and happy to help.

DYSON - Quick and easy to take your money, but can't deliver as stated or reply to a simple email

Purchased and new vacuum V11 pro. thought I was doing the right thing, website is easy to use, and stated 1 to 2 days metro delivery. They take our money quickly with no issues. Now 7 days, 3 emails and No vacuum delivered nor a reply to any email. Try calling but wait time well over an hour.
Life is to short. Dyson.

Sorry to hear you haven't received your machine and apologies for the delay in repling. We trust you have since heard from us and we have been able to assist. However if not or if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to help.

Poor Product Quality - Poor Aftermarket Service

I have decided that I am going to make everyone I can, aware of the poor service by Dyson. For the last two months (until May 19 the date of this post) the call centre has been experiencing heavy traffic volumes. Average wait of over 45 minutes. This this is a clue as to the quality of the product and after sales service?

I have sent over 20 emails to Dyson to get my cordless cleaner fixed. I have called and eventually dropped the cleaner into Myer. I wanted a refund so I could buy something else - but they wouldn't.

Dropped it off last Friday and waiting for even a call on the results. I am NOT holding my breath.

So, in short this product does not last (as evidence by my battery / motor / charger failure) and when it does fail - they must be hoping you throw the thing in the bin and buy another one?

And am waiting for this response from Dysons cut and paste -

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson and getting in touch with us. Please be assured we are aware of this delay and working to bring our service levels back to normal. We can only apologise for your experience thus far.
We trust one of our Dyson Experts has been in touch with you, but if not and we can assist please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly and only happy to help.

So do yourself a favour and don't buy a dyson - just don't do it.

Dyson DC59 Review

We brought a Dyson DC59 Animal Stick Vacuum we hardly used it maybe 25 times the battery is not working and it has just gone outside warranty (Maybe it went before Warranty due to lack of use). I couldnt get anyone to replace the battery they wanted a extra $85

Amazing customer service

I can see that a lot of people are really unhappy with Dyson's customer service but I really had a very good experience with them. I have contacted them twice and they were extremely helpful and went to great lengths to solve my problem. The first time contacted them I had to wait 20 min so I opt for a call back and I received a call in a matter of no time. For the second time they received my called almost immediately.
So I am really shocked to see these bad reviews.

Great vacuum - when working !! Non Existent customer service support

Tried calling the 1800 number over 3 days .. ridiculously waiting time - in excess of 200 mins. I left my number three times for a call back as they state" so as not loose your place in line "...or words similar. No one bothered to return my calls .... I then tried at 6.30pm at night ... the answering service claimed there was "0 and 1 second " waiting time .. LIES !!!! I waited on hold until 7.00pm - then someone must of cut me off. Called directly back at - may have been - 7.01pm and the answering service advised that Dyson was closed .

What terrible service from a company that boasts how great their product is . That may be the case providing the product is working ... and after sales actually care about customer queries .

Sorry to hear you didn't receive your call back. Our phone system keeps you in queue and calls back when you are next in line. We can only apologise if this didn't happen. We trust you have since been in touch and we have been able to assist. If not, or if we can assist with any queries, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly.

What’s going on with your customer service these days? Absolutely terrible and Not best in class at all

Brought a V7 animal and although it was hard to push on carpet it was functional, until today when I tried the same model in a shop. How do I get this issue resolved?
Hi Steve, Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble pushing your Dyson V7. So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with the above query and your details. Our Dyson Experts will be in touch shortly and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Qi have a Dyson cinetic big ball vacuum. I am greatly disappointed in the machine. It is so flimsy, especially the mechanism to empty the barrel. Now it would seem that the mechanised head has stopped rotating. We have checked it and found no reason for this. There are NO blockages. I purchased this machine, because my old Dyson was constantly needing new filters, despite rinsing them (in the end) after every use. We thought we would upgrade????? Mistake! Have emailed them, with no reply. Tried the phone, but the waits are ridiculous. How do I resolve an issue with them? The cost for,us of this machine IS a kings ransom. We simply cannot afford to ditch it (though would like to).
Hi Chris, Thank you for your question. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the Turbine head for your machine. We would first recommend to run through the checks outlined on https://www.dyson.com.au/support/cy23_new/dyson-cinetic-big-ball-animal/my-machine-is-not-working/floor-tool-is-not-working-correctly/turbine-head-not-working/strong-check-the-turbine-head. Should the issue persist we would recommend to try contacting our helpline again on 1800 239 766. As Monday was a public holiday we were closed meaning when we re-opened yesterday the wait time was a lot higher than normal as we were also handling the previous days queries. If you call now there is no wait time. Alternatively, please feel free to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and you will receive a same day response if the email is sent within our business hours. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

Similar listings