Dyson

See the Best Appliance Brands in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Caroline Nicholls
Caroline NichollsSouth East Queensland, QLD

No turning back once you've gone Dyson!

We bought a Dyson Origin two years ago and it's simply sensational. If you clean your filter regularly, and empty the tank, it truly works spectacularly.
Recently, the wand handle had an internal issue which caused loud whistling (possibly due to debris damaging the part) and the ease of ordering spare parts online was great, easy and didn't cost a fortune as you'd often find with spare parts. Part arrived 4 days later and vacuum is as good as new.

Customer Service Terrible

I have had an issue with the filter requiring to be cleaned every second time l use the V11 since purchase. I was told l could get another filter under warranty. Today l was told l would need to purchase a filter even though the last service assistant said l could have a replacement. The sales assistant wanted to know the date, time and phone number of the previous call, like l should keep a call log of all my phone calls to Dyson which is unreasonable. I thought it was Dyson responsibility to keep notes on their system, but apparently that’s the job of the customer. Not all happy with the service at all.

Mark R.
Mark R.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect vacuum

Dyson the “brand” itself is a winner!

Ever since I bought my first Dyson vacuum 3 yrs ago I haven’t looked back!! For left over dirt I might have missed with other brands!! Haha

Too damn good!! 10/10 ⭐️

SusanW
SusanWThe Entrance

Exceptional customer service....even on a lockdown Sunday

My Dyson V6 was surging. The battery was replaced 6 months ago so i rang to check on parts warranty. I was informed that the battery was fine but that there was a blockage. I was helped over the phone to clear out the machine and now it works perfectly. Great customer service on a Sunday during the Covid lockdown. Well done Dyson.

Laura
LauraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exceptional customer service and support!

I purchased my Dyson V7 Cord Free almost two years ago, I love it. So easy to use and vacuum. I started noticing just now that the battery run time has reduced massively. Contacted the support line on a Sunday and a lovely lady explained to me that I should have cleaned the filter once a month to ensure that it works correctly. However, she sent me a new battery at no cost. Really happy with the support and customer service.

jetsetter
jetsetterSydney Surrounds, NSW

Wouldn't Recommend Dyson To Anyone

Part ordered under warranty 9th June and was told out of stock but would be arriving that week. On 19th June (Saturday) I enquired again and was told would be arriving the next week. Today July 1st I have enquired again and been told expecting stock week commencing 26th July. Not good enough Dyson. Won't buy another Dyson if this is the warranty service you provide

DysonDyson

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear of the delay you have experienced.

We will be happy to check the status for you if you can please send through an email to auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Person

Waiting for a refund for weeks

I ordered a hot/cold fan unit. What a waste of money. Absolute rubbish. Do not waste your money. Over priced, over rated.
I requested the 30 day not satisfied refund. 3 weeks later after receiving the product back, still waiting on my refund. No contact - nothing.
Do not waste your money on Dyson, absolutely zero customer care.

Person

I have contacted that email address about 6 times including after your response ! Still nothing, no answer, no reply. Your company is shameful. I have no alternative but now take it to consumer protection.

DysonDyson

This is highly unusual as we would never knowingly ignore an email.

Could you please reach out via Facebook Messenger or Live Chat with your details? Our chat links can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Goodies

Extremely unorganized. Faulty/damaged item

Shaz
ShazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson Service on V6

I was about to Vacuum when I noticed a red light and no power on my V6 animal. Checked Manuel, which recommended calling Dyson service. Duly did, problem quickly identified. Needed a new battery. As it was just out of warranty the lady [yes a real person, not a chat online] offered to send it for free as a gesture of goodwill. They had me at the quick solution. Fabulous product and service. Thank you Dyson

Right2say
Right2saySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience ever

It has been 5 months for refund, still waiting
It has been 5 months for refund, still waiting. I will never buy any Dyson product!! The cold and hot fan was faulty, sent to the repair service twice. I was promised for refund but they got so much excuses. Nothing was done from their promises, absolutely annoying and disappointing. The worst experience ever!!

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear about this and keen to follow this up for you.

Can you please forward your review, your details and any reference numbers you may have to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we'll be happy to look into this and assist.

Tia B.
Tia B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor customer service

Called the support phone line to get some advice about whether I might need a new battery for my vacuum. The lady that I talked to was clueless and rude. I had the most frustrating and confusing conversation with her. She didn't once ask my what type of vacuum I had and was giving me all these strange instructions that were not relevant to my type of machine. Then told me the WRONG type of battery to buy (again, she didn't even ask me what type of vacuum it is!!). After hanging up I did my own googling and figured it out myself. Such a waste of time.

JK K.
JK K.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst customer service

Don't buy Dyson. Overated, overpriced, and no customer service! My vacuum has had both power unit and main body assembly replaced. (Basically a brand new machine) Lasted Just over 12 months and just out of the warranty period. Upon emailing customer service, and waiting a week for replies.. I was told to send in the machine for a $65 service! Absolutely no give or any grace, considering the amount of money I paid on top of the original price of a very expensive vacuum cleaner. And why would a machine with 100% new parts need a service so soon? Extremely poor service with no common sense and an emphasis on just milking you for more money!

Joe
JoeWerribee

Unreliable and expensive

We've purchased three Dyson Cordless vacuum cleaners and we've had nothing but problems with them. We didn't mind paying high price but they really turned out to be a waste of money. Dyson Service are of no help. They just don't listen and keep spinning the same lines. Battery replacement was $109. Only used this one about 4 times because we kept it as a spare. Don't buy Dyson!

CharmaineSydney, NSW

HP04 Pure Hot+Cool Fan Heater

My Dyson was working perfectly until the 23.4.21 when is suddenly let out sparks and stopped working. It was still under the 12 month warranty which expired 5.5.21. I took it back to the place I bought it from and it went to Dyson service - when returned to the shop it still didn't work. It was sent back and I was notified (after I called several times) that it broke in transit. This is really not good enough as it's not a cheap unit and it was still in warranty. I believe I should've got a replacement straight up.

Charmaine

I was informed by The Good Guys Campbelltown (NSW) that this was what occurred and they are waiting for a response from Dyson on the next steps. All I want is a replacement machine as we head into winter.

Read more reviews - page 2

Doug Irving
Doug Irvingasked

Could I have an explanation of the uses of the 3 different heads

Doug Irving
Doug Irvingasked

Could I have an explanation of the uses of the 3 different heads

DysonDyson

As we have a number of different machines with different heads, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts directly to help get the information you are after.

You can get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger with our contact details and links to chat found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Reviewer
Reviewerasked

Obviously you didn’t work for Dyson back then but if you go back and watch the television advertisements from 5 to 10 years ago the Dyson vacuum cleaners were always advertised as “the vacuum cleaner that lasts a lifetime”, so I don’t know if you were living in an alternative reality than I was ?

DysonDyson

We are well aware of the advertising run within this familiar and can confirm this is not advertising Dyson have run.

While we have made claims about the suction of our machine (e.g. the fact we have tested DC54 to never lose suction in the machine's lifetime), we have never claimed our machines will last a lifetime.

Should you have any advertising you wish to query, please email copies of this to auaskdyson@dyson.com as this will be needed for us to look into your query further.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives