Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Origin

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Origin

MPN: 300272-01

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

2.6

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (7)
Kate

KateSydney

Avoid Dyson Barrel vacuums- you'll end up carrying the heavy barrel in your other hand.

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones Online Store for A$397.00.

Noise Level
Product is used Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet
KC

KCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not as good as the older models

Have been using dyson vacuum for the past twenty years, this is the worst model that I ever had. First, the new quick-release mechanism doesn't work well. Its hard to release or connect it to the main hose or wand. And then the worst part is to empty the container bin. The red release button doesn't really pushes dirt out or the barrel, alot of the time the dirt/dust get stucked at the top of the barrel and need to remove it by hand. Also the opening lid will cover of dust when emptying, so cleaning the lid (especially the plastic rubber seal) is required.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$449.00.

Esther

EstherPaekakariki

Broke just a few months after purchase

I was happily vacuuming the carpet just over 5 months after buying it on boxing Day sales and it snapped broken in my hand. The big extended tube links with a piece to the handle, that piece is glued or fused somehow and it's become unglued. Customer care were nice after an 8' wait on the phone but even though another part will be sent to my home it will take up to 14 days and Customer care representative offered no solution as to how I can manage without vacuuming in the meantime.

Really disappointed that I finally decide to go for the reputable and expensive Dyson brand and it lasts the least of all the vacuum cleaners I have ever had.

Hoping this is not the first of a series of breakdowns and it's just a one off.

Purchased in December 2019 at Noel Leeming Online store for A$350.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Origin compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

jak2015

jak2015Perth, WA

Very little power. No comparison to older Dyson models.

Have only had this vacuum for 8 days and I hate it.

I'm so disappointed. It has very poor suction compared to the DC25 that I have had for 10 years (that was still working up until a fortnight ago).

The vacuum head skips on the carpet every time you pull it back, unless at exactly right angle.

The switch for hard floor or carpet changes on its own while vaccuuming.

When I spoke to Dyson they suggested I buy a different head for it. The part is $135.

If the retailer had a money back guarantee, I would be returning it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Sanja3766

Sanja3766Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

One badly designed vacuum cleaner for a lot of money!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$499.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Tayla S.

Tayla S.Northeast, VIC

Love my Dyson

I have only had this product for 2 months but absolute loving it!!
So easy to move around and the results are great 10x better than my previous vacuum.

Great on all floor types and even great in the car !!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Crfa

CrfaSydney, NSW

Love it

I used this on hardwood floos as qell as carpet. It never tips over and if it does it fixes itself because of its unique shaoe and texture. The only issue i have with it is that its heavy to carry up the stairs and my house is 2 floors but other than that its very powerful and i even use it on my lounges

karen55

karen55Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cant live without it

This can be used on any floor type. Short pile to long pile to tiles and wooden floors. Easy to move around, love that if it falls over, it picks itself up. Love that it has no filters to worry about washing or replacing EVER! The service centre help is second to none and answered all my enquiries as To differences between machines before I purchased.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$484.03.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball reviews

Jill S.

Jill S.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Origin

I purchased a Dyson Big Ball Origin a few days ago. It was fabulous for the first few vacuums but now it would appear that there is a blockage in the floor brush tool. I have checked the suction in the hoses and its perfect until I attach the floor brush. Can you please advise me how to clear that section ? I suspect there could be an accumulation of hair, etc. Thank you.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

To remove any blockages from within the floor tool, we would recommend pushing something long and flexible (such as a piece of poly piping) through the floor tool to remove any blockages you aren't able to reach.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives