Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used:
    • Several times a week (51)
    • Weekly (40)
    • Daily (29)
  • Pet OwnerYes (89) · No (34)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (22) · No (102)

Ryan G.

Ryan G.

Perfect Vacuum!

Small and easy to store, but has great suction. Keeps the house clean and so very easy to look after. Capacity of the dust collection could be greater, but apart from that a great product.

Tayla S.

Tayla S.Northeast, VIC

Love my Dyson

I have only had this product for 2 months but absolute loving it!!
So easy to move around and the results are great 10x better than my previous vacuum.

Great on all floor types and even great in the car !!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Olga Moore

Olga MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent vacuum cleaner

Excellent product no bags sucks dust amazingly
Bought on Go MasterCard 60 months interest free $6 service fee per month
Beautiful design top of the range virtually for close to nothing
$24 per month won’t break any budget

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Phoebe S.

Phoebe S.

Nothing to fault! Amazing!

i use this vacuum daily on a number of floor types, wood and tile being the main two. It has never let me down. My family have been customers of Dyson our entire lives and refuse to use anything else. There quality is amazing and dealing with complaint, purchases or anything else is always smooth and a positive experience.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

tjz25

tjz25Sydney, NSW

Good to very good, lives up to advertised specifications

dragana0282

dragana0282Southwest, VIC

I believe in dyson and this is dissapointing.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $750.00.

Judith S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Buy Dyson, Never again Dyson

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Tricia Griffiths

Tricia GriffithsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed.

My first Dyson lasted over 30years. It was wonderful. I purchased another 18months ago and I more than disappointed with it. It’s terrible. The brush had already worn. And my new carpets(3yrs) look dirty all time. Tricia Griffiths.

larissa.antusoa

larissa.antusoaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero Stars - Don't waste your money

Purchased in January 2019.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Not for long fur, weak suction

We bought this as we have four long haired pets. Be warned the animal description only applies to short fur, not long fur which immediately blocks the head.
When we complained the Dyson rep sounded like this isn't the first time they have heard this issue.

Very weak suction, have to go over everything twice. Have gone back to our 6 year old electrolux which is far more powerful. Dyson appears to be nothing but marketing hype.

Purchased in September 2019 at Noel Leeming for $700.00.

wintopCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Another bitterly disappointed Dyson customer...

Purchased at Dyson.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your new Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.

We are keen to assist and discuss your concerns further. If you could please forward your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be in touch shortly.

Snoozer

SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD

I miss my old Dyson

After owning a Dyson for 12 years why would I buy anything else... I was excited to see the benefits of 12 years of R&D how sad it was to go so far backwards and wish I never upgraded. The dust lid doesn't always lock properly and spills dust when you remove it, it is hard to move around especially doors, the attachments are always clogged and had to buy special tooling to disassemble clean the dust and hair from the belt and cogs in the head myself instead of always sending it back for repair. My Wife prefers using my $90 Bunnings shop vacuum as it does a better job.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $597.00.

Dianne

DianneMurray Region, NSW

Not worth the money

Very disappointed with the overall quality and performance. Not enough variation in suction. Emptying the canister is not easy and has often clicked open as it is taken out of it's holder. The on/off switch is too small as is the cord rewind. Vacuum rod is too large and difficult to use. Attachments are poorly designed for the purpose intended.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Popples

PopplesCurtin 2605, ACT

Not Great.

Was initially happy with this cleaner. Had issues with the multi floor head after about 12 months of use, it kept lifting off the floor and losing suction. Dyson kindly replaced the head, but with a different one, not the same as came with the purchase. Whether its the new head or not,bit seems to have loss suction, skims over the floor without picking up dirt/dust. Have previously been a Vax user but went with a Dyson on friend and family recommendations. Should have stuck with a Vax.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $499.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We can confirm auaskdyson@dyson.com is our email address, however this may need to be written into a new email as opposed to copying and pasting. Apologies for any confusion.

JB Melbourne

JB MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not as good as my original Dyson

My first Dyson nearly 10 years ago was amazing, this one is still good on hard floors (where I could use a broom) but a real struggle to get carpet clean. I have to scrub the carpet then often pick up a ball of fluff or kids hair my hand & feed it into the suction. Its mildly better than my $70 Aldi special but nearly 10x the price. No its not blocked just ineffective on carpet. Surely I dont have to spend 100s extra on an animal head to actually pick anything up from the carpet? I persisted for 3 months as I was so excited to have a Dyson again but now I just want my money back and a vacuum that works on carpet! Oh, and emptying it is a nightmare, dust everywhere from the cheap plastic release button that often gets stuck!

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Crfa

CrfaSydney, NSW

Love it

I used this on hardwood floos as qell as carpet. It never tips over and if it does it fixes itself because of its unique shaoe and texture. The only issue i have with it is that its heavy to carry up the stairs and my house is 2 floors but other than that its very powerful and i even use it on my lounges

Cushla J

Cushla JRichmond-Tweed, NSW

It is a great vacuum

Purchased in August 2018 for $360.00.

Floor Type Tiles

JacSouth Australia

Worst model

This unit is terrible , Ive had it for 2years and now the rotating head wont rotate, suction is awful even after emptying barrel.
Head is forever flicking up more dirt than it sucks in .

Purchased in November 2017.

Jac

Thank you , Ive done the above a couple of times and unfortunately its still not rotating . I will send my details as instructed above .

webmate

webmate

Don't buy into the Dyson hype

The suction levels on the vacuum are poor - refer video. On timber floors it won't pick up anything larger than a grain of rice on first sweep. I have to pick up multiple items by hand as it's faster than moving the vacuum head back and forth again and again. The on/off and cord retractor buttons seem to be fagile, however in fairness I could be wrong. But their size and placement make it difficult to use anything but hands. When emptying the vacuum it has opened unexpectedly on multiple occasions, dumping dust on clean floors. And its quite difficult to get the bottom door of the dust receptacle to stay closed. It's truly awful!

Purchased in September 2019 for $799.00.

adam

adamWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love dyson

My dyson cinetic big ball animal arrived today FANTASTIC MACHINE......
Anyone thinking if buying a dyson dont hesitate you will love it. All i am waiting on now is the 3 free accessories to arrive..

Purchased in November 2019 at Dyson.com.au for $699.00.

Karen

Karenasked

Please advise, what IS Dyson's expected 'lifetime' of the Cinetic Big Ball Animal? You state the 'hidden filter' will last that lifetime period, yet only give a two year warranty, so one must assume that if it doesn't last it's expected lifetime that it would be covered by Dyson's warranty anyway?
If the 'hidden' filter fails after 2 and a half years and wrecks my machine, (as it sounds likely given all the negative reviews), would Dyson consider it past it's lifetime?! If the 'lifetime' is more reasonable that a bit over 2 years, why do you not back it with a warranty covering it's expected lifetime, or at least 5 years like it used to be? I am sure many would be interested in your reply. Thank you, Karen

Dyson Team ..Dyson

To confirm, Dyson machines as a whole are designed to outlast the guarantee period with the filter designed to only need replacing if something untoward happens within the motor of the machine. The filter of the machine isn't expected to need any maintenance, cleaning or replacement under normal use.

While we can't predict a lifespan of the machine as a whole, every time an owner is in touch with us, it is handled case by case, regardless of the guarantee status.

Please also be aware the Dyson Guarantee in Australia hasn't been reduced, we always have offered a two year guarantee on new machines.

Should you wish to discuss further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Amandaasked

I’m wondering how to get the smell out of my vacuume . I vacuumed my air conditioning filters with one of the brush tools and my Dyson Cinetic big ball animal pro now my vacuume has the most disgusting smell I literally cannot use it . I wiped out all the canister but not sure how to clean the filters of my vacuume . Please help ! Thank you in advance

Judith S.

Hi thanks for your interest but I too have been unable to remove the smell from my Dyson animal pro vacuum. Maybe someone can help us out with this, yet another problem with this Dyson vacuum cleaner.

Amanda

I hope so Judith because I literally cannot use mine . It is only a newish machine and the smell is just awful .

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear a smell is coming from your Dyson machine.

Should any form of liquid, damp material or anything pungent enter the machine, this may cause it to harbour a smell. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying, wipe the bin with a soft moist cloth. Please don't remove the bin inner or cone seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable, however can be wiped with a soft dry cloth.

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool, wand, cyclone and bin of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you need further assistance please call us on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Jon Lindseyasked

Why is my big ball animal blowing dust out of back of unit?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly don't expect your machine to exhaust any dust out of the machine.

We would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help get this sorted.

Jon Lindsey

Thanks, great help, she said it shouldn't happen, I should empty vac! It happens when empty! Just admit filters need replacing, (like vac repairman proves on youtube) and tell me where to get them!

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball range of machines don't have a filter that needs to be replaced. The filter in the ball of the machine is designed to last the lifetime of the machine.

Should dust be blowing out, something isn't quite right with your machine. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to organise for it to be brought into your nearest service centre.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Download manual