Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Allergy, Animal, Animal Pro, Animal+, Multi Floor and Absolute

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best vacuum cleaner I have ever had by far

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + is an impressive tool that provides an effective all-around service around the house. Suction is outstanding and it cleaned rugs, floors, and even the heavy-duty pure wool mattress toppers I tried it on to as-new condition. The accessories provided have covered most needs from upholstery and curtains vacuuming, to cleaning crevices and reaching those hard-to-get-to hidden spots.

While I loved its self-righting ability and manoeuvrability, I found the weight a bit on the heavy side when lifting it, but once it’s out and on the floor it moves like a dream and it's 100% better than any vacuum cleaner I have owned before. This is my first Dyson.

The instructions provided were not as easy to follow as I would have liked and could be improved. There was no list of the included accessories and their purpose in the one logical place I would have expected to find them: on the instruction brochure that came with it. Later on I saw they were listed in small print on the box, but by then I had discovered what I wanted by searching the web and found the missing information.

At first examination the grooming tool left me perplexed as to its use, but once seen in action I thought it was one of the most cleverly designed gadgets I have ever seen. My dog thought he was getting an all-over massage when I tried it on him and the noise didn’t not seem to upset him at all. I had to reduce suction though to keep him relaxed.

I found the cord length to be much better than the one I had previously and I don’t need an extension cord any more. The noise level is also quite acceptable and I can vouch for having less pet's hair around the house. All up definitively a thumbs up from me and a happy dog to boot!

Much better than expected - Love it

I have to start this review by stating I have NEVER owned or used a Dyson product. (ever!)
Been quite skeptical about Dyson products and never believed the hype.

But the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball has complete changed my opinion on Dyson products.
The cleaner has lots of pros and a few cons but overall, I definitely rate this product 5 stars.

Please note this review is based upon cleaning of carpet floors only.
We have no cats and one spoodle so we didn't really get the chance to test the cleaners ability to remove pet fur from lounges and rugs.

Both my wife and myself have used this cleaner over the past 2 weeks and were amazed how easy it operates and how easy it is to use on carpet. Excellent suction and the cleaner is easy to push around.
In the past our house has always owned vacuum cleaners with motorised heads but the fact that Dyson did not offer this feature did not deter from its performance. Great suction and the vacuum head did not "stick" to the carpet.

Surprised show well the cleaner performed on carpet. My wife found the cleaner to be quite light and easy to move from room to room.

Best features about this cleaner:
* Solid construction
* great suction
* not too loud
* appeared to be stable when moved round the house
* great swivel handle
* emptying the rubbish bin is quite easy
* cord is a good length and retracts well
* Great selection of attachments (hard floor, pet, lounge)
* Cleaning head is very flexible and can get into those really tough places
* Very easy to use and easy to clean
* not to noisy

And for the Cons:
* No instructions whatsoever on how to use the attachments ( more detailed manual would have been
great)
* there is one attachment we have no idea what its for (confused)
* Only one power off button - great to have a second power off button on or near the handle
* telescopic function of the rod extension is a bit stiff. Have to be a bit careful not to catch you fingers.

This vacuum cleaner certainly exceeded my expectations in all areas.
Performed really well on carpet floor, cleaner is easy to move round, easy to clean and can get into places my old cleaner could not.
Would have no issues with recommending this cleaner if you have carpet floors in your house.
Go out any buy one.

And finally, my wife loves this vacuum cleaner and won't use the old vacuum anymore.

Floor Type Carpet

It's very good!

I have now been using the Dyson Big Ball for about two and a bit weeks - I own and normally use a high-end USA-built vacuum cleaner and was a previous Dyson owner (my mum has a DC20 and I used to have a DC29) so I will be completely honest I was wanting to be very critical - I was actually very impressed!

Firstly, I put together the machine when I got home from overseas, quite late at night - I did it and then checked the directions afterwards, just to make sure i'd done it correctly - very easy and intuitive to put together.

If you are a previous Dyson canister owner, take my word for it they have fixed a few things that I didnt like - the cord/plug and winder is much better now, so are the "clicky" bits that connect the various parts and it truly doesn't tip over or difficult to pull around the house. I also think the air-driven brush-bar seems more robust than my old model Dyson. Its also MUCH better to empty it out CLEAN now!.

I've used mine on Carpet (wool blend), Tiles and Rugs (wool and sisal) and get a very good result on all of my floor types. Suction and Pick Up results are very good. I like the "vacuum track marks" left in my carpet and it does a great job of that! The pile on the carpet was lifted and looked clean and does a very good job of picking up all the cat hair around the house (its hair shedding season!)

The Ball design also facilitates vacuuming yourself out of the room. The other bits and pieces that come with it (like the handheld powerhead thingy) are awesome and does a good job with the car. I'm also very impressed that they include an adapter so that older Dyson attachments (I still have quite a few) can be used with the new connections on wands/handle.

I took it to my mums too and got a great result on her carpet (wool in some rooms, synthetic in others) and tiles.

A tip, on carpet, go a bit slower otherwise the floor head kinda flips/jumps around a bit.

One thing that could be improved I think is the hard floor tool - that one flips around a lot when you are using it and can get a bit awkward. It would also be brilliant if the cord and hose were just a tad longer.

Overall I am very impressed with the machine and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good vacuum for carpets that does a good job dealing with pet hair.

Clogging Issues No

Amazing results on hardwood floors

My Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ arrived just after I had completed vacuuming with my much older Dyson vacuum (5+ years). The vacuum, while not as technically advanced as the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+, still works and did what I considered an adequate job vacuuming up the pet hair and dust from my polished wood floors. Or so I thought. But more on that later.

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ is well packed and all parts individually wrapped within the product box. The included accessories are impressive consisting of a stair tool to remove dust and dirt from corners and edges; a combination tool featuring softer bristles for more delicate surfaces; a tangle-free turbine tool which features counter-rotating brush heads which is perfect for removing pet hair and dirt from carpets or cloth lounges; a muscle head tool which is self adjusting and perfect for getting under low profile furniture; a brushroll head on which bristles rotate at high speed to help extract dirt from carpets; and a groom tool for allows users to groom their medium to long haired dogs more efficiently.

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ arrives dissembled but includes an illustrated instruction manual outlining what pieces fit together. I am usually pretty good at intuitively knowing how to fit things together (I love the challenge of an Ikea flatpack) but found the Dyson instructions a little unclear. While there were excellent descriptions about how to empty a full vacuum I found the instructions for putting it together extremely limited. This could be improved with a part numbering system so people can be sure that they are slotting together the right parts.

Another aspect of the instruction manual I found disappointing was that none of the included accessories were outlined. They looked impressive and I was sure they would be but I didn't know what they were called or how to use them. I had to seek out information on the Dyson website (and elsewhere) to determine what they were and the correct way to use them. However, once I knew I was extremely impressed with how many accessories come with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ and how Dyson have thought through all of the challenges pet owners often face with traditional vacuum cleaners.

As previously mentioned I had already vacuumed my hardwood floors and tiled bathroom areas for the day so I wasn't expecting to experience anything beyond getting a feel for how the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ operates, the amount of suction and the level of noise it makes. How wrong I was. I live in an older house with hardwood floors dating back to 1955. One of the major issues I have with my floors is that dust and grit can congregate between the floor boards. Several times a year I have to get down on my hands and knees to manually clean between them. It is not long since I did that and I had assumed my older vacuum was doing the job. I was sorely mistaken. A quick re-vacuum showed how much my older vacuum had been missing (see included photo of Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ barrel). I was both blown away impressed and repulsed at the same time. It is clear to me that Dyson technology had advanced considerably in the space of just over 5 years and the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ was an incredible piece of equipment.

The build quality was impressive. All of the parts fit together snugly and had guide paths so there was only one way that they fit. A major improvement on my previous Dyson. The barrel was lightweight but sturdy enough that it doesn't flip on its side when it hits other objects. The cord rewind is sharp and tight. Operationally the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ has incredible suction. On hardwood floors this is perfect for reaching the hard to reach places like between floor boards. I used the brushroll head initially (as I didn't know it was designed for carpet) and it worked pretty well until I encountered a few grains of cat litter. The spinning bristles sent them flying and I had to chase them around the room for a bit until I realised the brushroll probably wasn't going to be the best for everyday use on hardwood floors. But it shows just how powerful the spinning bristles are and what a good job it would do lifting dirt from carpet.

The tangle-free turbine tool was perfect for using to clean the car where pet hair had managed to work itself into the cloth seating and dried grass for the foot wells. I achieved better results in 5 minutes using the tangle-free turbine tool than I had in over an hour with my previous vacuum. The stair tool was great for removing dust and pet hair from hard to reach window sills and the softer bristles of the combination tool allowed me to "dust" without leaving scratches on sensitive surfaces. I did not use the groom tool as I only own a cat and I feared the outcome of that particular experiment. But if it works as well as the other attachments provided with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ it will be invaluable to long haired pet owners.

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ is extremely simple to use. It's easy to see when it needs to be emptied by showing a maximum fill line and it is easy to empty.

Pros:
* A variety of attachments are provided for all applications
* The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ is an excellent piece of equipment, is well designed and the technology is impressive
* Excellent suction and cleaning ability. Genuinely the best I've ever encountered
* Bagless and easy to empty
* Low maintenance required beyond emptying the barrel and the occasional quick clean of the attachments
* Excellent on hardwood floors and tiles, upholstery, car carpet, and delicate surfaces

Cons:
* The provided instruction manual was not sufficient for either the quick construction of the vacuum or for providing a decent explanation of the purpose of each of the attachments. The attachments are seriously impressive and Dyson should be shouting about them! An extra page in the manual would rectify this issue and consumers would appreciate the extra information.

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ is an incredibly impressive vacuum, for both owners of pets and those without. From the first use it was clear that my home is being cleaned properly for the first time in years. And given the quality of the build I am sure the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ will withstand anything I throw at it.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

A Solid Vacuum for Homes with Animals

Our home is not just ours, it’s also our pet's and where there are pets, there’s fur! For as long as I can remember we have called upon our existing Dysons (DC44 Animal cordless and a much older DC19 canister) to help win the war against pet hair.

My experience with the new Animal+ has shown me that Dyson continues to innovate. It’s more powerful, more quiet and better in just about every way when comparing it to our existing fleet of vacuums.

The included accessories are plentiful, you receive the standard combo crevice & dusting tool, upholstery and stair tool, groom tool, dedicated hard floor head and my personal favourite, the tangle free turbine brush.

On first impressions, I was wasn’t sure the turbine floor tool would be that good. The nylon brushes are fairly soft and it’s air driven versus being powered by a motor. After my first use any apprehension I had was quickly dismissed. This is hands down, the best turbine head in the business. It has plenty of power to remove the most persistent of pet hair and the brush doesn’t bog down on our carpet or door mats. It requires little effort to push on our carpet and almost none on hard floors. The fact that the turbine head can go from carpet to hard floors with no adjustment is fantastic. We’ve had no problems on our bamboo floating floors and it would appear the soft carbon fibre brushes completely remove the fine layer of dust that accumulates over time.

The dedicated hard floor tool is amazing. It articulates in ways I didn’t think were possible, or of benefit to the vacuuming experience. Its low profile allows you to easily get under most furniture and how it pivots sideways to go down the side of the fridge is very useful and time saving. During its general use, the other half and I were gleeful at the sound of what we can only assume was sand, rice, crumbs and other debris being removed from what appeared to be a clean floor.

I was able to successfully use the groom tool (albeit by itself) on our cat who has a significant shedding issue. It removed excess hair and left a smooth coat, I was however not successful using it while attached to the vacuum cleaner. It was the same situation with our dog, I think she may come around in time but do note, your ability to use this tool as intended may vary and require some time and training.

The tangle free turbine tool is the state of the art in removing fur and hair from upholstery. I used it on the pet bedding and it’s never looked cleaner with such little effort. The small size also makes it convenient when cleaning the car.

The build quality doesn’t appear to have changed much when comparing it to our older Dyson barrel and this is a good thing. They have performed flawlessly in some adverse conditions without complaint. I was hesitant to step on the power switch and cord rewind at first as I perceive them to be delicate, yet when using them by hand they feel rock solid. All hoses and attachments secure with a satisfying, reassuring click and the two on board tools make it easy to be a little more thorough when vacuuming.

Maintenance, upkeep and ongoing costs are almost non-existent. Seriously, empty the bin and that’s about it. There are no bags to buy or filters to wash. The cyclone technology has become that good! From time to time you may have to remove any long hair or threads from the brush roll, such as with any vacuum cleaner and wipe the dust shield down with a dry cloth if needed. I haven’t had to do anything but empty the bin in two weeks of heavy use.

The most unfavourable thing I have to say about this cleaner is that our telescoping wand is a little stiff. I have been slightly cautious to not get my hands or fingers pinched. Hopefully this loosens up with a bit of time. The cord is also average in length however I only have to change power points twice when cleaning our entire house. For reference we have a three bed, two living, two bath residence.

Pros:
-Length of telescoping wand is generous, good for really tall people
-Pleasant operating sound – doesn’t have a high pitched tone
-Construction is solid
-Powerful suction
-No bags or filters to buy
-No filters to wash
-Tangle Free Turbine is the best for stubborn pet hair

Cons:
-Telescoping function of the wand is a little bit stiff and I have been somewhat cautious about getting my hands or fingers pinched
-Cord could be a little bit longer, but we only have to change power points twice to do our entire home

In summary if you are looking for an outstanding vacuum cleaner, I don’t think you will go wrong. The retail price is right, especially when you don’t have to buy consumables such as filters or bags, and get a healthy assortment of accessories included. If it’s like anything Dyson, you will have it for quite some time.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Clogging Issues No

The best vacuum I've used by far.

I have had this machine for almost 2 weeks and been using it every few days to give it a thorough work out. It's easily taken care of several weeks, maybe even months, of dust, fur and hair build up. I attached some pics of the machine and my cat loving the pet brush.

My house has tile, wooden floors, rugs and some bare concrete and it's been great to use on every surface, with the right tool attached. Using the right tool attachment for the job is key to getting the best from this vac.
I have another Dyson (4 years old), an upright model, and found the Cinetic big ball Animal+ is much more powerful, convenient and easy to use.

It was easy to put together myself following the large pictures in the instruction manual, although some instructions aren't entirely clear and could do with a few descriptive words for clarity.

This vacuum comes with a lot of attachments:
*A regular brush head
*A tangle-free turbine tool
*A hard floor tool (this is the best attachment!)
*A stair tool/ upholstery brush
*A combination extendable wand and skirting duster
*A pet hair brush (my cats adored this) and
*A quick release adaptor for attaching older model tools to the new hose

While the attachments are great there are no instructions at all for how to use them properly, even on the website. I was expecting a few simple videos which would explain what the attachment is, how to use it and how to clean it after use. This was probably the most frustrating part of my whole Dyson experience.

I have a lot to say about this machine so I've put together a pros/cons list to make it easy.

PROS:
*High powered machine with great suction, possibly too much on the rug as it's difficult to push and pull. Seems to take a lot of muscle work compared to other vacuums.
*The only time I lost suction was when I ignored the Maximum fill line and the bin was completely blocked up. It took a few seconds to empty and worked perfectly again.
*Not too loud.
*Very stable, I tried tipping it over and it just rolled upright again.
*The swivel handle is amazing to use and I think eases a lot of pressure from the wrists. Although another person using it in my house said the side of the handle dug into their hand after a while.
*The hard floor attachment is perfect for picking up large pieces and getting into all the corners. It's my favourite tool.
*The animal brush is super useful, I have 2 cats and both just loved being brushed with it. I will have to train them slowly to get used to using it with the vac turned on, but even as a hand held brush it works really well.
*Emptying the bin is really easy and much more convenient than my older upright Dyson. 100% improvement with this change.
*The cord is a good length, I can vacuum the bedroom through to ensuite without needing to change power points.

CONS:
*The barrel itself is quite heavy.
*The height adjustment on the hose is in a weird position at the bottom, it should be closer to the handle. It was really awkward to use.
*I don't like the way the carbon fibre brush head gets removed for cleaning. I scratched the side by trying to open it with other tools before finding a 20cent piece do it. Once I figured out how to open the side I found it much more convenient than my upright Dyson. With 2 cats and lots of long human hair constantly being shed in my house I need to clean the brush after every use so including a special tool for unlocking it or better instructions would be a big help.
*I'm not really sure how to use the trigger on the handle correctly or what it's purpose is, but it would be good to be able to stop the spinning brush completely. I need this for using on rugs with tassels so they don't get caught up.

Dyson says the Cinetic big ball Animal+ is “Engineered for powerful all-round pet hair removal” and I have to agree. It is by far the best vacuum I've used for getting cat fur out of rugs, chairs and the couch. It is a very powerful machine that I'd have no problem recommending to my friends and family.

Clogging Issues No

Designed for what it's meant to do!

Recently we received a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ as a part of Product Review’s Ambassador Program, so let’s start at the beginning.

1. Packaging and Documentation
It arrived in a sturdy cardboard box and packaging with minimal waste and no polystyrene; you can be highly confident of receiving a complete unit in good, undamaged condition.
I know there is an old adage that the user manual is for those who know no better, but in this case I sat down to read the documentation and found it to be inadequate at best; it featured a lot of repeated instruction on how to empty the clear bin but nothing on how best to use the attachments. And, there are a lot of those! Yes, I could guess the usage and characteristics of each, but in the end after searching the ‘net I found all attachments well explained on Target.com in the United States of America. More on the attachments later.
Three things the rather brief user manual did stress is that it’s not made for wet materials, hot substances like ashes or heavy materials like masonry and building spoils. Probably common sense really, but worth pointing out.
I visited Dyson’s website for a look-see but that again is basic and downloading the manual for the Cinetic tells you to clean the (non-existent) filter regularly, in fact the Animal+ isn’t consistently listed across all areas of the site. That however doesn’t affect the machine’s performance once it gets to your house.
But a big point in Dyson’s favour – they are confident enough to provide you with a freecall number to Dyson Customer Care; that I like!

2. The Unit
To cover the machine, it is an excellent piece of engineering. Every square centimetre appears to have been designed with the eventual purpose in mind and the completed object and attachments are a work of art; you can see why they plaster its picture all over the carton. In fact, you could leave it in the hall when you finish to impress your visitors!
The main unit is very stable though heavy to pull around; but it follows you accurately and once you get used to the very bulky wand it’s a joy to use. It doesn’t get caught in doorways or on furniture as it follows you, but you do find yourself sometimes coaxing it to where you would like it to be. To those new to a Dyson, it will feel heavy, but the results are very, very good and I couldn’t help feeling that if dirt was removable, this machine would pick it up.
Is this weight and bulk a bad thing? We think not in that it is likely a direct result of the better design underlying this machine, as opposed to some flimsy, lightweight brands that simply make noise resembling activity.
Nicely, if you do pull it and it falls over, relax, it will straighten itself and present for continued duty!
The attachments click on and off very easily, and storage in the bottom of a cupboard, so long as you have vertical space for the wand is very satisfactory (you can easily shorten the wand for storage). It is a requirement of ours that you can simply chuck it in the cupboard after the job is done. But you will need a shelf to store all the attachments, seen on a slide out shelf above the cleaner in our photo. in fact, I think we have room for another shelf now.

3. Putting it to Work
For basic home vacuuming the cord pulls out easily, the lever to turn it on is a little fidgety, but after that you simply walk and clean. Note here that our previous cleaner was Miele’s equivalent product, the S8 Cat and Dog, and I’m thinking that from Miele to Dyson the experience is not that shattering; both are very good, and both utilise turbo heads to beat and clean the carpet. If you are moving up from a lower brand, then expect to be pleasantly surprised. When we bought our first Dyson, an upright D07, we couldn’t believe the improvement in the look of our carpets, but up at this level both brands do a fine job.
If you are not familiar with a turbo head, it is one that uses the sucked in air to spin a roller brush at high speed thus gently beating the carpet pile and bringing it back to life. The downside is they do add noise to the operation, but the results are well worth it.
One thing we liked is that Dyson’s turbo head is low and gets further into places where some cleaners cannot.
The big plus to this machine is that it features a (clear) bin instead of disposable bags to collect the dust. We’ve had Dysons before, and this is a very nice touch. You will likely be surprised at just how quickly it fills that bin.
When you finish, another lever pulls the cord in, noting you have to keep that lever depressed for the entire recalling operation, unlike the Miele where a press with your foot completes the entire operation while you set off to brew a coffee; nice time saver that!
Dyson have a reputation for being noisy, but this unit is very acceptable and none of the family stressed about the sound level; chalk one up for Dyson!
An observation here; many cleaners suck a lot of air through a small opening, ostensibly to shift the dust from the head to the bag. The Dyson though seems to manage this issue with larger openings and pipes (wand) giving it a smoother but still effective cleaning power. This was disconcerting at first but once you’re used to it, a much smoother, quieter operation.

4. The Pet Question
It is an Animal+ so we hit a patch of carpet with entrenched dog hair (Samoyed!) and found the turbo head to be surprisingly good in that it picked up most of the dog hair quickly and efficiently.
So why the tangle free turbine tool? That works even better and removed some marks I thought were permanent, especially the more stubborn pet hair.
The modus operandi; use the turbo head for normal heavy-duty cleaning and hit the tangle free turbine tool for the extra stubborn parts.

5. The Essential Car Clean
At some stage you may have to vacuum the car, and the Cinetic is quite suited for this; the machine sits on the ground outside the car, and the hose easily reaches all of the near side, then move the machine to do the other side and again to do the boot. I have used car vacuum cleaners in cars that are difficult to use, particularly those with extending flexible hoses as in the Dyson uprights, but the Cinetic was very good. The stair and combination tools work well, though car carpets can be testy to clean so you can’t always blame the machine.

6. The Attachments
On the whole there a lot of attachments:
• The standard turbo head that is your go-to in most cases; it works well but you may need to traverse more than once on some more soiled areas to get the required results, particularly traffic areas. This head did appear to revitalise our carpet and worked well on hard floors as well as carpet and rugs. Afterwards the roller can be removed for cleaning, but the wide opening makes it easy to reach in and remove any wound-up carpet threads or pet hair without removing the roller. Furthermore, the roller is readily visible through the top window of the turbine head, so no excuses for letting it get over-clogged.
• The hard floor brush that works well on hard floors, noting that some turbo heads tend to flick dust around on hard floors.
• A stair tool that is, you guessed it, targeted at stairs but is also good for cars. It’s not the most satisfying tool to use but it does the job. I'm guessing you would need to carry the unit in one hand, the tool in the other for stairs and there is some weight in that unit.
• The combination (crevice) tool that features a useful sliding bristle for dislodging dust and persistent detritus (sorry, had to get that word in).
• The tangle free turbine tool (!) that is designed to pick pet hair up from your drapes, cushions and furniture. We found this to be quite effective on carpets and furniture but cleaning drapes too tricky to persist with and likewise, for the turbo head, cleaning was quite simply a matter of pulling hair out through the opening.
• The grooming tool, essentially a wire brush that is good for scouring pet hair straight out of the pet that we didn’t get to test but is a suction equivalent of the wire hand grooming brush we used for the dog.
• A clip-on bracket that attaches to the wand to enable transporting of the combination and stair tools on the wand. First thoughts were that this was going to be cumbersome but actually the bracket and attachments fit very well and securely and then you have those tools to hand around the house.
• A quick release adapter that allows you to use other attachments though our previous model stair tool didn’t fit.
It’s my guess that Animal+ means you get the tangle free turbine tool and the grooming tool over the other product variations.

7. The Dyson Bagless/Filterless Design
A big plus for this unit is the dust disposal; simply press a button to remove the Clear Bin from the machine, then a second to extend it and open the flap; make sure you are over a bin! Then close it up, reinstall it and start again. The savings on not having to buy good quality waste bags are significant, but the absence in nuisance value of having forgotten to purchase spares is a pleasant bonus. Whole operation about 15-20 seconds depending on where your wheelie bin is parked
Another big plus is the absence of filters to change; again, a cost and convenience saving over other machines.

8. Robustness
And I hear you ask; is it robust? Well yes, one of the family picked it up, swung it and shook it and gave me a good old heart attack, but no damage done under what would amount to likely domestic rough and tumble, our only concern being the power and cord recall levers with which we were more careful.
These levers did concern us; they are plastic and appear quite durable, but initially their location complicates usage by foot unless you remove your shoes; very well suited to big toes, or bend down and apply an index finger. We did find that after a week or so we got over this foible and found the levers to be quite ok.
If you need a break during cleaning, the unit has a ‘rudimentary’ place to park the wand in an upright position to save bending to pick it up when you restart, but it may need a bit of practice to make that work well for you. It fell out a couple times while we weren't in the room; poltergeists?
Dyson suggest it’s suitable for stairs, but as we don’t have any, we didn’t get to try that that and we certainly didn’t tip it down a set of stairs to see how robust it is.

9. In Closing
So overall opinion? It is a very good product, is smart to look at and to use, and the dust emptying is second to none and a site cheaper than bags and filters. If you need a new cleaner then the Dyson Cinetic should meet most peoples’ needs, but it is probably worth comparing Miele’s like for like offering. In our case, whilst both are good the clear bin, no bags or filters, is a real positive and has swayed us to the Dyson, though we would be content with either.
Bottom line is that in our experience, it did a great job of cleaning floors, pet hair included; and isn’t that its role in life?
One question is whether to go upright or ball. Personally, I have in the past preferred Hoover and Dyson’s uprights, but using the hose on the upright for cars and attachments is (in my opinion, humble as it may be) surpassed by the flexibility of the Cinetic.
For the record, our previous cleaners: Hoover UV30 upright, Dyson DC07 upright, Henry barrel (UK), Dyson DC04 upright (UK), Miele S8 Cat & Dog canister and now the Dyson Cinetic.

Plusses:
• Well packaged in an environmentally friendly manner (less waste)
• It does a good job of cleaning carpets and solid floors
• It does a good job of removing pet hair
• Very easy and fast to empty the clear bin
• It’s a well-made, robust unit with a high degree of aesthetic appeal
• The attachments are low height so fit further under more furniture
• The brush bar in the air head can be easily removed for cleaning
• No bags or filters to purchase leading to cost and time savings
• A lot quieter than (we) expected

Minuses
• Inadequate user documentation and feel good about a decision well made
• On/ff and cord recall levers take a bit of getting used to
• The unit does have a reasonable weight when dragging it
• The wand park is fidgety

Purchased in August 2019.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood
Clogging Issues No

This is the epitome of vacuuming

So my new vacuum arrived, a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball, Animal+. Excitedly, like a little kid at Christmas, I opened it and went through the parts and read the instructions. I will say the instructions

So, let's start at the instructions. Mostly pictorial, but some very important information is printed. Initially, I had a few issues figuring out some of the pieces, but with some click and play, and a good read over a cuppa I had it sorted.

I will say up front, I have previously written a review for another brand of vacuum cleaner (Hoover), and honestly, that set a very high bar to beat, so the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ really had to achieve.

Now being the owner of a long haired German Shepherd, I have needed a quality vacuum, which was able to handle pet hair. My old vacuum has been doing a pretty good job to date.

First impressions, I felt the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ looked like it would fall over at the first glance, but surprise, surprise, Dyson have taken care of this. The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ cleverly rights itself if it is knocked over. This intrigued me, so a quick bit of research told me, Dyson had identified and addressed this. So, does the vacuum right itself if it is knocked on its side? Yes, yes it does. Now remember, I mention owning a German Shepherd? Well, he is not a fan of vacuum cleaners, like most dogs, he finds knocking the vacuum over a game, so in the past, I have had to right the vacuum, turn it off wait for the vacuum to release the blocker and start again. Well, no more! The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ certainly does stand back up, if knocked over.

Another bug bear I have had with the old vacuum, is cleaning the rotating brushes. Oh did I not mention the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ has pneumatic powered brushes? It does. Now initially I was concerned, having had to get a screwdriver out, wrestle with a toothed belt, clean the hair off, then wrestle the brush back in. Well, no need to struggle with that anymore, a simple unscrewing of a single end cap and the brush simply slides out from the side. The usual clean and a simple slide in and re-screw the end cap. So much simpler!

Next the actual setting up and use. Set up is simple, the extension wand is brilliant, shortening to a great length to store it away, yet lengthens to the perfect length even for me, at 6' 2". The hose connector to the vacuum unit is a simple slide in affair. Removal later in y press a button. I can see this being so much easier for anyone with arthritis in their hands. A very well thought out design.

So, how is the suction? Considering I am comparing it to a top of the range Hoover, that I have used for 3 years, and it is slowly losing suction . . .

The suction on the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ is exceptional. With the brush scrubbing the deep seated crud out of the carpet. Then it hit me. The brush head is perfect. It doesn't have an inch of plastic hanging over the corners and edges, so you can get right up to the skirting board. That has been a major annoyances with the Hoover over the years.

I finished the lounge room, which I had deliberately not vacuum for a week. It came up looking great. As I have a wood heater, I had some dust from that, some bits of charcoal and splinters of wood near the heater. Nothing but clean carpet was left behind. The brush seemed to get right into the fibres. The suction, which never wavered was amazing. I then emptied the clear bin. I was surprised to see not only all the usual dirt and bits, but this mass of extremely fine material came out. I have had similar with the Hoover, but never this much and when it was a lot in the Hoover, the suction stated suffering. So a good shake and tap and the worst empties, on to the rest of the house. The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ made short work of all the carpeted areas.

I turned my attentions to the 'attachments'. The hard floor head worked a treat in the kitchen. It is so flat I was able to get under my stove! Now that is a treat.

In addition there is a combination (they can be separated if you desire) crevice and brush unit. The brush very handily stores itself part way up the crevice tool, but slides down with the press of a button to the end, to utilise the brush itself. The crevice tool itself outshines every other crevice tool I have used in my 51 years. It is more than double the length of all the others I have used. The places it can reach are just incredible.

I then spied the pet brush. Yes, a dedicated brush, with metal wire teeth, which are great for the thicker coated dogs, oh hang on, I have one of those. This can be attached to the vacuum and as you brush, it vacuums away the hair. I haven't tried that on my best friend yet, but I think with a little time and patience, we may get to use that too.

Cleaning the vacuum. Everybody wants to know how do you empty the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+. It is a simple one touch, press of a button to remove clear bin from the vacuum. Then holding the handle, you press yet another button which then opens the bottom, dropping all the dirt into your bin.

The fine dust intrigued me, so a little research and I discovered the Dyson Cinetic system oscillates at 5000rpm, to ensure the super fine dust that the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ picks up goes into the clear bin, not into a filter. I did notice that you can actually fully remove the clear bin for cleaning, if you so desire.

The next piece of amazement was the articulation. From the handle to the tool, there is so much articulation that you can rotate easily to get under tables and the like.

Simpler things. The cord is a very generous 6.6m, with a total work distance from t he power point over 10m! I only need to plug in once in the hallway and I can do the whole house.

So overall, is this the next big thing in vacuum cleaners? No filters to clean or replace. Easy emptying bin. Self righting, if knocked over. The tools! The simplicity of the unit from the one touch, hygienic, emptying to the so simple to remove, clean and replace brush. Yes, the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ takes vacuuming to a new level.

I have put the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ through its paces, it has never lost suction. Setup is a breeze, pack up is just as easy.

The 6.6m cord, the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ fulfils every wantand need for cleaning your carpet.

I was impressed with the Hoover but it takes a definite backseat to the new Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ vacuum. It promised so much, and surely delivered on every one of them.

As a vacuum cleaner for a household with pets, the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ will ensure you have deep cleaned carpets and furnishings. You can even vacuum the dog or cat. I don't know of any other vacuum that will do that.

The more I use it, the more I like the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+, finding I am able to finish the vacuuming in a lot less time, being able to get to more places, more easily.

If you are looking for a top quality, powerful, no-loss suction vacuum for your home, then the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+ is one you should definitely buy.

Floor Type Carpet

First impressions WOW!!! Really Impressed

First Thoughts: After the initial easy and fast setup which took less than 10-15 minutes to do once unpacked from its box to having it running and doing its job was great and was easy to get done with some hiccups trying to figure out how the tools holder would attach.

The aesthetics are nice and clean it looks huge but not, it easily roles along the ground with ease without issues on carpet and hard floors which is great, so you are not having to try and drag it along possibly causing damage to the hose.

What I liked: The ease of use to empty the canister into the bin is an easy process with some headaches involved with getting it back into place again “The Bad”.

The huge number of accessories that came along with the setup is very vast and enables you to do so much more than your average setup that doesn’t really come with much.

If you are vacuuming and find that the suction is too strong, and your rug (or other items) is picked up from the floor the suction release on the main handle helps to release the amount of suction available until you let go allowing the full power of the vacuum to go full power.

I love the easy and fast attaching and disconnecting the accessories which made for easy and fast exchange of the vacuum heads etc. Also, the attachment system is a click in system, so it clicks in very well and to release it great as well.

What it comes with:

Carbon fibre turbine floor tool: This tool did such an amazing job on the carpets and rugs bringing up more dirt etc from the carpets and rugs it blew me away.

Combination tool: This was great for doing the little nooks and crannies around the edges of the carpets, along the walls etc and getting rid of cobwebs etc also dusty areas that needed it, also for when getting into those tight spaces under the seat cushions that normally cannot be cleaned properly. This is also a great tool for getting into those hard places in the car that you can’t normally get into with just the hose without any attachments.

Stair tool: We don’t have stairs in our unit however it was a great tool for vacuuming the lounge chairs, the cushions and other little things that needed doing.

Swivel hard floor tool: Great for doing the bathroom, and kitchen and other hard surface areas.

Tangle-free Turbine tool: I found this tool to do a great job at cleaning some grubby spots on the carpets that the floor tool couldn’t get done which was great. Also, can be used in the car for vacuuming the flooring and seating and collecting any hairs etc that might be hiding.

Groom tool: We don’t have any pets that we could use this for however it would be a great tool for pet owners who have dogs, cats or any pet that needs some grooming at home to get rid of excess hair.

Quick-release adaptor: This is a great tool for those who have older model attachments that you would like to use with the newer model (that are capable of doing so) so no need to throw away old attachments that you love.

Usage: On first usage, I was seriously shocked (but in a good way) just how huge of a difference I saw just how much it was able to pick up within the first 5 minutes of usage that my usual vacuum was unable to do.

We have rugs in the lounge room and bedroom and Carbon fibre turbine floor tool cleans extremely well getting deep into the carpet and giving it a deep clean lifting up more than our other vacuum cleaner did.

What I didn’t Like: The little latch at the bottom of the catcher didn’t latch properly and come lose everything coming out. When vacuuming everything that had come out clogged the vacuum causing loss of power.

Aside for “The Bad” I found that this vacuum lives up to its name.

Other Stuff: The suction really took me by surprise and the absolute power it has behind it.

The tools that come along with this vacuum cleaner were great and was able to do a lot of jobs with ease and comfort.

All in all, I would 100% recommend this vacuum cleaner to anyone looking for something that has great power and suction and tools included.

I am very happy with this product and looking forward to having a much cleaner home due to this Dyson Vacuum.

Clogging Issues No
Thanks for the detailed review. Regarding the clear bin, please check out our bin troubleshooting guide on YouTube: https://youtu.be/cvBf-3IQtg4 If that doesn't resolve the issue, please reach out to our experts for support via email at auaskdyson@dyson.comHi, Thanks for the comment :) The issue is that it does take some effort to get it to lock back into position (sometimes giving the false impression it is) and if not done correctly when picking up the container from the vacuum after vacuuming could cause everything to fall out due to the latch not latching properly. Aside from that, I love the vacuum cleaner it has been a great machine.

Bitterly disappointed

I paid $700 (on special) for this cleaner which was delivered in January 2018, I had an early model Dyson which was very loud but a great cleaner. A part broke but because of age of cleaner, replacement part not available. When we release the barrel on the new cleaner to empty it, it spits the contents on the floor. When the barrel is less than half full, the suction dies alarmingly and the cleaner has to be emptied. The cleaner is still under warranty but frankly I would prefer my money back. So disappointed! The cleaner is used on carpet and tiles. I bought this one as we have a cat. It does pick up the cat fur extremely well. But when you have to keep emptying it when it is not even half full, it is not worth it.

Purchased in January 2018 at David Jones Online Store for $700.00.

Clogging Issues No
Hi Denise, We're keen to assess what you've described here in your review. Please email a summary of the issues you're experiencing, your machine's serial number and contact details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our experts will be in touch.

Powerful suction, really!

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + is a powerful vacuum cleaner, made obvious by the dirt, dust & debris it pulls off our family floors. It works excellently on our short pile carpet, and leaves our timber & tiled floor areas spotless. It looks great & sucks great, so go for it if you want one.

What I liked:
* Powerful suction, really! Compared to other bagged & bagless vacuums I have used, the Dyson is definitely top in class for sucking power.
* Extremely long and lightweight telescopic wand is very useful for getting into corners and reaching up to vacuum ceiling vents & cornices. I’m 181 cm tall and I can stand upright to vacuum, unlike with other vacuums where the wand is too short and I have to bend over to vacuum. I really liked this wand.
* Long combination tool is great for cleaning the skirting boards, edges of the floor, crevices and also great for air conditioning vents
* No costly filters to wash or replace
* Large bin houses a lot of debris before it needs to be emptied
* The turbine/motor head does an excellent job brushing carpet surfaces to help lift debris. Fantastic performance on carpets.
* Hard floor tool is very easy to move and the low profile means it gets under the sofa or other low furniture items easily.
* Grooming tool! Both dog and master loves this! Brushes like a normal slicker brush, but as soon as you engage the handle, all the hair that’s caught in the brush gets sucked away. Worth the price of the vacuum alone if you have a German shepherd dog or any other dog that sheds a couple of times a year!
* The power cord is made of sturdy thick cable which does not kink easily. Great quality.
* Power cord retraction just works.
* Lightweight fittings click together and separate easily. No dramas of fittings getting stuck on.
* Tangle free tool does a good job brushing and vacuuming off sofas
* The wand handle articulates really well and is a great design. It lets you hold & push the wand around without the stress on your wrist like other vacuum cleaners

What I didn’t like:
* Power cord is too short for our 4x2 family home.
* The bin empty process is not perfect. When you eject the bottom lid, the debris does fall out easily, but because dust tends to collect inside the lid, when the lid opens, the dust floats everywhere. Also, you have to pay attention to close the lid in the right alignment as there is too much movement in the closing swing, so the lid doesn’t always click closed in the right spot. Considering how well the rest of the fittings click together, I am surprised at this one design issue.
* The vacuum is on the heavy side, but still acceptable. There are plenty of heavier vacuums out there, but having said that, our previous Electrolux vacuum is lighter and has comparable sucking power.
* Odd shape, means that it tends to fall over when manoeuvring back & forth in tights spaces in the house. It’s ball shaped design does help it stand itself back up when pulled. I’d rather it doesn’t fall over in the first place, like most of the vacuum cleaners I’ve owned.
* The wheels, being quite small, do not roll over the power cord well.

Just blows dirt around.

We bought the vacuum and have used it once and on all surfaces, especially wooden floors, it just blows the dirt and crumbs around the floor and the intake filter at the top of the head gets covered, from the outside. It is also quite heavy and cumbersome to use on stairs. I even picked up a dust bunny to put it into the vacuum but it still just blew it into my face. I ended up vacuuming my home with the small upholstery attachment, it worked much better than the proper head

Purchased in September 2019 for $900.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Clogging Issues No
Thanks for sharing your experience Daniel, this isn't the kind of cleaning results that we'd expect from this machine. Please email your contact details, the serial number and what you've stated here in the review to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our experts will be in touch to help.

In a word ‘WOW’ -- [I am impressed]

I was very impressed with the Dyson Big Ball Animal from the time I opened the carton.
The simple and neat way the contents were packed made it easy to remove and assemble the vacuum cleaner and use it.
It only took a few minutes to get everything going.
The quality and thought put into this unit is very impressive from first glance.
The attachments fit very well and are easy to connect and click together securely.
There are no loose fitting hoses or attachments; you have everything you could want for (normal) house cleaning supplied in the carton.
There is a flexible hose from the main vac and it connects to extension that has a variable length facility. (very good).

My house has tiles, carpet and rugs in it.
The suction power of this vacuum cleaner is more than impressive on all of the above surfaces.
The vacuum unit is heavy, but not overly so.
It has a low center of gravity and large wheel to keep it stable and resist rollovers. (well thought out).

The first time I used the Animal, It did pick up some of the smaller rugs when I went over them.
However; I found that there is a very smart (round trigger) leaver on the handle that reduces the suction to allow smooth and continuous cleaning over these rugs. (VERY SMART!!).

The cleaner is very good in all areas of quality, finish and engineering of the entire unit.
The solid feel of everything that is supplied with this unit is more than impressive.

I can see Dyson have put a lot of thought into this unit and I think anyone purchasing one of these ANIMALS will be very happy with it.

I would say to anyone about the Animal: suction 100%, build quality 100%, attachments 100% and top value for the money.

There is only one thing I think should be modified by Dyson and it is the cord retraction and power switch levers.
They should be made of metal or some other very durable material, as some of the users may try to use these levers with their feet and not fingers.
I think these levers could break easily if they were used by a person who is a bit careless and that would let down the whole great engineering that has gone into this very fine vacuum cleaner.

All summed up it is a very, very good and worthwhile purchase.

best in its class

This is a great looking machine in a gorgeous purple colour.It comes with a wide range of accessories-rotating carpet head, hard floor head, stair tool.crevice tool/brush,pet hair tool and dog grooming tool. All the attachments click on and off with ease and the wand is very light, perfect for cornices, ceiling fans etc, it even reached up into the skylights and we have high ceilings! It also has a great reach and a low profile for getting under furniture. The barrel glides along nicely and will right itself if knocked over, although I would prefer a longer cord-10 metres would be perfect. It has a large canister which is easy to empty (a big improvement on my older DC23 model) and to remove and replace.I do find the power and cord retract buttons a little flimsy, they are fine to use your hand but i think they could break if you were using your foot on them.Performance wise, this vacuum has amazingly powerful suction! The carpet head sucks up everything from super fine dust particles to dry dog food with ease-nothing is a problem for this machine! Although I did find there was a bit of pushing and pulling required with it not having a motorhead and the handle felt a little awkward to hang on to on the carpet.The hard floor tool is very soft, great for timber and smooth tiles but I do find it tends to flip up on bricks and on my uneven sandstone tiles, the carpet head is better for these but that does make it extra loud.In fact, it is very loud in general which may be a problem for some people.The stair tool is great as is the pet hair too but I can't try the grooming tool as my dog is scared of the vacuum. I do find it heavy to carry upstairs but I have been using a stick vacuum for awhile now so I think I'm just out of the habit of using a barrel vac. All in all, this is a great vacuum,as you would expect from Dyson,with very strong suction that will pick up anything and leave your floors beautifully clean, no filters to wash( which I love) and easy to empty.Its probably the best barrel vacuum I have used and I've had 3 Dysons and several other brands in the past and nothing else has come close to this as far as suction. If you are in the market for a barrel vacuum cleaner then I would definitely recommend this one.

Clogging Issues No

Powerful and superb functioning vacuum but cumbersome

Dyson never disappoints across the integrity of function in its products and this vacuum cleaner is no exception. It delivers big time but there are some points taken away for me.

Out of the box it goes together quickly and with ease. In everyday use the attachments and empty bin are one click and super easy. No ongoing bag or filter management is a dream The vacuuming itself is powerful and well engineered. Not a speck left on the floors and furniture. It also really lives up to the claims of dealing with the pet hair like nothing else. The much loved kitties especially are real culprits leaving their very fine hair interweaved in everything, especially this time of year when the pre summer shed molting starts.

I have seen other reviews claiming it scratches hard wood floors and I imagine if you use the wrong attachment this is a possibility. However this model does come with a specialised hard-floor swivel that didn't scratch my floors at all. In fact it is outstanding, the best vacuum attachment I have ever used on my hardwood floors.

Where it looses a star for me is that I have also have a Dyson cordless and a barrel corded just can't compare even if I do think this is actually a better and more powerful vacuum. For me with a smaller and multi level home a corded vacuum cleaner feels cumbersome by comparison.

The cord is a decent length so once its actually plugged in and ready to go it's easy peasy. However its a bit heavy and clunky up and down the stairs and takes up way to much room in my precious and small cupboard space to store. There is also not adequate clips for attachments or the hand wand. It does go back to that annoying reality that you spend more time plugging, unplugging and multiple trips to move all your attachments than you do actually vaccuming. 2 hands sometimes isn't enough to keep the hose upright and shuffle it around in a small multi level space and sometimes feels heavy and awkward really fast.

The Dyson cordless are nearly double the price though and this is what you need to consider. If you have decent cupboard storage for a barrel vacuum, a single level home and pets then I recommend this vacuum hands down all day long.

Clogging Issues No

The best vacuum I have ever used.

The vacuum I had been using is an older Miele bagged cylinder model, about 13 years old. And the floor coverings in my unit are older carpets, lino tiles and ceramic tiles. I was asked to test the Dyson cinetic big ball animal plus through the product review Ambassador Program and it arrived just in time for the annual spring clean so got a very thorough work out every day for a week.
Unpacking the Dyson cinetic big ball animal plus
The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was how well all the components were packed, nothing rattled yet minimal actual packaging. The packaging used was cardboard and some soft plastic. NO styrofoam! This means it can all be recycled as I take soft plastics to a recycle bin provided at my local supermarket. Thanks Dyson.
After I had unpacked everything I read the instructions, which were clear and detailed diagrams, then assembled the wand, hose and attachments easily. I was impressed with the addition of an adapter which makes this model compatible with older Dyson tools, great idea for those with such attachments. The combination tool is very well designed the way the soft brush slides down the crevice tool and clicks into the end when needed. Then this combination tool and the stair tool both click into a bracket which in turn is attached to the wand. This means these three tools are with me all the time and its so easy to unclick them and click into either the end of the wand or hose as needed. Very well thought out. The articulated handle is a great addition as it is comfortable to hold and rotates as needed so no more twisting and turning the wand and hose to change direction.
The wand can be extended quite long, 1250mm, and this is very useful for those high to reach places such as cornices, light shades and the like, or for reaching into tight spaces. The hose is longer than my old vacuum and the power lead is 6.6 meters. It is also surprisingly light which makes things easy on the arms.
I would have liked a description of the other tools included because some of them were new to me, especially the grooming tool, and I had to search for them online.
Using the Dyson cinetic big ball animal plus
Using the Carbon fibre turbine head on the carpets I didn't feel it dragging as my old vacuum head did, while sucking up the dust and dirt from deep down, and wondered if it was indeed working as well as expected. Then I saw what was in the canister and was quite amazed at just how much dust it had removed from my carpets! The articulated handle along with the swivel of the turbine head work fluidly enabling me to easily reach under furniture without losing suction or twisting the wand around as with most vacuums. The Carbon fibre turbine head is very light, yet extremely powerful.
The crevice tool, clicked onto the hose, did a great job in the window tracks, then clicked into the end of the wand, it soon cleaned the areas along the edges of the floors. Then simply sliding down the soft brush I cleaned the cornices, tops of the light fittings then gave the flyscreens a vacuum as the brush was gentle, yet effective. I also used the brush on my heavy drapes while holding the trigger on the handle to control suction so the drapes were not sucked into the attachment.
The small upholstery (stair) brush is still my go to for the lounge and armchairs. It removes the dust and fits into corners very well. Having it there, attached to the wand, was a great help.
The swivel hard floor tool was great for the tiles and being quite low on the ends it reached under the edges of the fridge and washer. It was very effective yet felt quite light and easy to manoeuver. It was also very useful for vacuuming the mattress, being wide and flat, and did the job very well.
The tangle free turbine tool is designed for pet hair and long hair, neither of which I have. However I did find it very useful for those spaces between heavy furniture and walls where the larger head wont fit. It really drew the dust out of the carpets in those places. I also found an unusual use for it. I have a long handled microfibre duster I use for ceilings and walls and this little attachment worked wonders at cleaning all the dust and cobwebs etc out of it. I can see where it would be a very welcome tool for pet owners.
I did have a friend bring their dog so I could try the grooming tool, however the dog was having no part of this, she didn't like the noise of the vacuum so unfortunately I didn't get to try that one. However I did watch a video online and it looks like it works very well. It would be a wonderful help to pet owners especially during shedding season.
Because of Dyson big ball technology the barrel follows me around with minimal "pulling", stays upright and goes around corners very well. While It is just so light and easy to move around, it is also very well built and sturdy. I don't get the feeling it is flimsy or fragile and likely to break.
The canister has a generous capacity and has a clear line showing the maximum level of dust so it is easy to know when it needs emptying. It is also very easy to empty and no fiddling about replacing bags and filters! I emptied straight into my outdoor bin then a quick dust with a soft brush and clicked it easily back onto the vacuum ready for next time.

Summary
I am very impressed with the design, features and performance of the Dyson cinetic big ball animal plus. It is lightweight, steers easily, has an excellent range of attachments included and takes the hard work out of vacuuming. This vacuum can handle all those jobs both big and small, while also taking care of the more delicate ones like drapes and rugs thanks to the trigger controlled suction release. I could honestly not find anything to dislike about this vacuum. It would suit singles and families alike.
Taking into account the ongoing cost of filters and bags with some other vacuums I believe this vacuum to very good value and I have no hesitation in recommending it. My one, very small, negative is no information on included accessories.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Clogging Issues No
Hi Sue, Please see this video for a similar machine, explaining the names and uses for the accessories: https://youtu.be/YSVwJNx3ZSs?t=150 For further assistance feel free to email our experts at auaskdyson@dyson.comHi Dyson Team. Unfortunatly That video does not represent this model of Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus. Unlike the video, The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus does NOT include the Carbon fibre soft dust tool, Reach Under tool or Stubbon dirt tool. Also the Turbine head is different. I have attached photos of the included tools in the above review. The two which I felt needed some explaining are the Tangle free Turbine tool and the pet grooming tool, both of which I had never seen before. I did find videos describing both of these on youtube which helped. Thanks SueThe Tangle Free tool is designed to pick up hair, threads and other debris from non-leather upholstery in the car, sofas, pet beds, and other small spaces. The Dyson Groom Tool is much like a large slicker brush with retractable wire bristles. It's best used on medium to large sized dogs that shed hair. It can be used with your Dyson machine switched on to groom your dog and the bristles can be retracted to allow the loose hair to be pulled into your machine. Take some time grooming with the vacuum switched off and gradually get them used to it before progressing to having your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+™ switched on. Here's the Dyson groom tool in action: https://youtu.be/-VCFVIHeJcg Feel free to email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com if you have any further questions.

Am I comparing apples to oranges?

Hi folks, I arrived home yesterday to find the dyson had been delivered. I unpackaged it, assembled it and put it to use for the first time last night. Based on the assembly, first use's and first emptying of the waste, I don't feel it's a value for money purchase. I think it's a failure as a pet owners vacuum which is what it's marketed purpose is and not the best value for money as a vacuum cleaner solely. I will update this once I've had it for longer but this is just about my first impressions.
I do wonder if I'm not comparing apples to oranges though because our 6yo vacuum is an upright, anti allergen with hepa, foam and other filters etc.
***************Assembly***************
Assembly wasn't difficult although instructions were unclear as the pictured parts weren't labelled. In point of fact the instructions were purely pictorial and even the parts in the diagrams were unlabelled thus I've had to apply educated guesswork on one accessory and at this stage am baffled by the waste chamber. I think I'll have to do some youtube homework to figure it out.
*****************Pet's*******************
I think that "Guesswork accessory" is to be a pet grooming brush, after all, it's meant to be a vacuum cleaner that's focused on animals and pet hair etc, that's a fact implied by the products name. This grooming brush is basically a wire brush that attaches to the vacuum. I wouldn't like to use it on our dogs, if the machine noise didn't disturb them (which it will) I'm sure a wire brush would, it's not a gentle brush, more suited to cleaning rust off our bbq plate lol. Of course I could be wrong, it may not be a grooming brush but that comes back to the poor instructions that lack labelling...It is quieter than our other vacuum but it's still loud enough to disturb our pets.
A big part of indoor pets is the occasional leak on the carpet and this isn't a wet/dry vacuum, dyson have completely missed that mark.
******************Carpet******************
The main carpet cleaning head with the horizontally rotating brush grabs a hold of the carpet with a lot of grip. I'm sure that it manipulates the carpet's pile and weave to release lots of dirt, pet hair, fluff, flock etc to be vacuumed up but it grabs with such force that it makes moving the vacuum head over the carpets difficult, my wife's observation after using it in the bedroom (carpet) was that she thought it was physically harder than it should be and she was right. She commented that if our teenage nephews & nieces were to use it, the wand/pipes might actually break because of the force required to move it across the carpet.
Maybe with a little use the brushes will wear in and won't be so grabby but atm she is dead right. Vacuuming the carpet is way harder than it should be. Because of this I don't think it's suitable for the elderly or disabled whom intend to use it on carpet.
************Other floor surfaces************
Our home has carpet, wood, linoleum and tile surfaces, so a good assortment. I haven't used it on our other floor surfaces,nor to clean our car yet but will update in about a weeks time after I have.
*************Multi level buildings***********
I think this vacuum technology is ideal for going up/down stairs and things because it is very stable, it's hard to cause it to tip, when it does it self-rights itself, that feature is great but I'd be looking at other dyson's with this technology.
****************Waste storage***************
Yep this has baggless technology and this is where I really have to emphasise that I've only used it for one night and am still working it out. This is just my first impressions.
This cyclonic dust chamber is a bit of a conundrum to me at this time because it has a max' fill line but also has a raisable height chamber and I haven't worked this out at all. Like many baggless vacuum cleaners it's waste chamber has waste hatches for emptying on both the top and bottom. My first thought was that this raisable top was like a plunger to push the waste out the bottom hatch but I quickly reached the conclusion this's not the case because open this hatch and gravity does the job without plunging. I again point out a complete lack of information in the instructions.
******************Innovation*******************
I believe dyson to be the industry leader in innovation and that what's innovative in dyson today will be standard across the industry in 10 years time. The amount of great ideas with this vacuum is incredible. From dyson's original cyclonic auction, the extendable wand, the crevice tool with built in adjustable brush, the hard surface floor head that goes vertical as well as horizontal for cleaning walls, skirting boards etc, the smaller head with twin horizontal, contra-rotating brushes instead of one with a single axis, rotating brush and the list goes on....
**************Value for money**************
This is why I don't think this is value for money, I think your paying for these innovations, patents etc instead of getting what a consumer is really after which is a vacuum cleaner that does the job well or better than others.

**********Saturday 14/09/2019 update**********
This is excellent on hard floors! Nb. I changed from the brush roller head to the hard floor head, also it heats up the ambient air less than our upright vacuum which is a big deal for us in our outback locale and probably doesn't even rate a mention in most populated areas of Australia lol.
The carpet head is grabbing less now but only showing a slight improvement in this arena, it's still a workout exercise to vacuum our carpets areas. It's been used enough for a "wearing in" phase to be be over for the most part. I haven't used it in to do our car yet but am actually looking forward to doing it as I'm anticipating great results with the mini head and its twin horizontal, contra rotational brushes, they should really work the cars carpet.
Coming back to the reply from dyson, I still think it's poor to make the assembly & instruction manual redundant by telling their customers to find the answers online. They should be in the box, in full, in the first place. What inspired this comment was again trying to understand the waste chamber's maximum fill line (as per instructions) and I'm including a photo of the instructions with regard to this. Also a note of commonsense, dust etc settles so that it's flat, what's the idea of marking a max fill line that's at an angle?! To accurately read the waste level one has to remove the chamber or tip the vacuum at an angle.
******************Video Review******************
It's said that one picture is worth a thousand words. Attached is a youtube video review for you folks to put pictures to my written words.
*************Final Review Summary*************
This vacuum is aimed at pet owners. That's implied in the name and it's from an indoor pet's owner's perspective this review is coming from.

My finding is that it's disappointing. In my experience with it it was difficult to use, had cheap, inadequate fittings with both the stowage point for the wand to the main body and the fastening latch on the dust/waste container. The mechanism for the waste container is needlessly complex.

On hard surfaces it was excellent but on carpeted floors it was poor.

One picture is worth a thousand words and with that in mind I've made and attached a new youtube video of my final findings. I can only attach one video to this review which I've changed to be the above mentioned video. If you are interested in the first video of the vacuum then follow the channel links back on YouTube.

Purchased at Product Review Ambassador Program.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Clogging Issues No
Hi Paul and Jane, Thanks for your feedback. To find out the names of the attachments see "In the box" on the machine's webpage here: https://shop.dyson.com.au/vacuum-cleaners/barrels/dyson-cinetic-big-ball-animal-plus-300280-01 For information on how to use and maintain your machine see these links and videos: https://www.dyson.com.au/vacuum-cleaners/barrels/dyson-cinetic-big-ball.aspx https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDfU9nMES75PQOGQwSwR43dM-XhgdD4n8 The Dyson Groom tool is designed along the lines of a typical large wire bristle slicker brush, which is used to help remove shedding hair and is best suited for medium to large sized dogs. It can be used with your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+™ switched off at first, and the vacuum be slowly introduced as part of the training process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VCFVIHeJcg Feel free to email our experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com for further support and assistance.Thankyou for this, I'll look at these links, I think that all of this information should be included with the instructions and at the very least labelling should also be on the instructions. I have internet access but not everyone uses the internet.Hi there, As you've mentioned some members of the family are experiencing difficulties pushing your machine over some of the carpeting in your home, this may be specific to the type of carpet fibres, pile type or underlay in combination to the floor tool being used. Please email our experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com with a detailed description of what's occurring, and your contact information and machine's serial number to discuss this further.

Wish I had of read reviews, waste of money

I bought this vacuum in June and have had nothing but trouble with it. The multi head doesn't even make contact with the carpet so nothing gets picked up. Dyson used to be the go to manufacturer and this is our 4th dyson, I have 2 cordless dysons and older bagless that I now use for the cars. I was looking for a good vacuum for the bigger jobs but I won't be buying Dyson again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Hi there, To discuss this further with our experts, and so that we can assess what's happening and find a solution, feel free to email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com with a detailed description of the issue, the serial number and your contact information.

The ultimate vacuum of the future

I recently got the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animial+ yesterday and couldn't believe the power of it let alone the design.

When turning it on to vacuum my carpet within living room the power of the suction was mind blowing. Never seen my carpet so clean within the amount of minutes. It was like getting a professional to do it but instead it was me.

Love the fact that when you go from Carpet to Tile which the setting change automatically where I too used it within the kitchen.

I'm a big believer on the design/colour of a product because if you like the way it looks naturally you want to get your hands on it. The colours of blue, red and grey was simply out of this world!

I didn't have any issues with it tipping over given the 2x circular wheels on each side making it quite easy to use when vacuuming.

The only downside to this machine which is nothing major is that it isnt cordless and not exactly light when holding it with one hand.

Overall Dyson have gone above and beyond with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animial+

Love, love, love it :)

Overhyped

Durable and functions well. But over priced. You are paying for quality with strong suction. Don't use this on floor boards or polished tiles or you'll see scratches after. It works best for carpets. Put a Dyson label on the vacuum and expect to pay a 50 - 70% premium.