Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.6

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (103) · No (54)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (27) · No (131)

Leonard

LeonardSydney, NSW

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Purchased in January 2018 at Dyson for A$700.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Clogging IssuesYes

Is not suitable for all floor types, despite the advertising saying so

This vacuum doesn't work on carpet at all - it leaves large clumps of hair and dust in its wake. I have now been told by support that this cleaner is not suitable for carpet, despite the website stating that the cleaner works on all floor types. Very disappointed at what a waste of money it has been - I am now looking at selling it and will buy another brand. The ball is also heavy and needs to be carried over wooden floors so it doesn't leave any scratches.

Purchased in October 2019.

unsatisfied customer

unsatisfied customerSydney, NSW

2nd review after owning for 6 months

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$599.00.

Product is usedDaily
Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Dale RobertsonSydney, NSW

Always had Dyson in last 20years and am disapointed

You take the barrel off every 2nd time and it opens on the floor, I make sure it's clicked in properly ( base to barrel) but it still does it. Is there a fix for this ??? any help would be appreciated

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles
DysonDyson

Thank you for reviewing your machine.

Please be assured this is not normal and the barrel should not open by itself. So we are able to assist you further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our experts will be in touch as soon as possible.

Dale Robertson

Thank you for all your assistance, the new bin has fixed the problem and i am still a Dyson customer thanks again and have a great Christmas

AcheyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not a good choice

Too heavy and cumbersome to move. End up carrying it around the house - which is not ideal. Worst point is that it does not actual suck up the dirt. It kind of pushes everything around and ends up with in clumps, which I guess is easier to pick up. I have no idea why people rave over this brand. Could not be more disappointed.

Purchased in September 2020.

Achey

Hair is not a problem... if it only was so easy. Isn't it a shame that a machine that is called 'multi floor extra' requires extra attachments to work???

sstip

sstipHobart, TAS

It has issues

I have had numerous dysons over the last 25 years. This is by far the least well designed. While suction is excellent. Yes, you have to clean the brushes on the turbo head every now and then but I have to do that on all of them. The main design fault with this dyson is that the barrel, when you want to remove it to empty it, opens up and the contents get emptied all over the vacuum cleaner and your floor. So you have to clean the machine re-assemble it and then vacuum the floor, albeit small portion of it, again. The design of this one is very much bellow par in comparison to other dysons.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Floor TypeCarpet
Rosie

RosieSydney, NSW

Scratching My Timber Floors

The suction is quite good on the vacuum cleaner and I like the fact that it is quite compact, however, it is scratching my timber floors and I can no longer use this vacuum cleaner on the timber floors which make up the majority of the flooring in my house.

Purchased in January 2017 for A$699.00.

DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't expect any difficulties using your machine on hard floors and are keen to assist.

Please forward your review, details, and serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist.

Audric A.

Audric A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great suction, but starts to leave scratches on wooden floor

I have this Dyson for quite a while now, but since a few weeks it leaves a scratches on my wooden floor.

It looks like the shoe cover below the MuscleHead has become too thin to not make the whole head run without rubbing the floor and leave marks.
Even after putting the head on the minimum suction, it still leaves mark.

I end up not using it anymore. That's a shame because it's my first Dyson.

Floor TypeWood
DysonDyson

We certainly don't design any Dyson machine to do this and are keen to assist.

Please forward your review, details and photos to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch ASAP to assist.

Completely Useless

Purchased in March 2020 at Noel Leeming for A$700.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Wood

Max D.

Max D.Perth, WA

Really great machine but

Got this machine a few months ago to replace my dc08 turbine after the second motor went out. I had high expectations and they were all met it picks up the dirt like nothing else. the tangle free turbine is a great improvement from older models and I love the fact that’s there’s no filters to clean or replace. there is some downfalls 1. The bin never fills up evenly all the dirt will fill all the way to the top at the back and there will be none at the front of the bin. This is a issue my old Dyson only did when sucked up a lot of dirt at one time. 2. I have read reviews that the bin open randomly and yes that has happened to me but only once. Other than that it’s worth the money and a great product

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$699.00.

Clogging IssuesNo

Dyson that didn't live up to it's claims.

I had my Dyson for about 3 years. From the start, I wasn't a fan with my Dyson. I hated cleaning the dust bin. The dirt would stick to the top of the unit. I would have to pull the dirt out and tap it to shake the fine dust out. The dirt at the top of the unit would stick and I would have to rub it off. Recently the suction power has weakened, almost to no suction at all. I empty the dust bin after every use and I still experience loss of suction. It's messy and unpleasant to clean the dust bin. My Dyson was a disappointment and didn't live up to it's claims. I'm going to buy a different kind of vacuum, that I don't have to work so hard to clean.

Purchased in March 2017.

saphire

saphireAdelaide

Not worth the money, unlike older Dysons. Design flaws plague this model.

Purchased in May 2016 at Dyson for A$599.25.

Product is usedMonthly
Kate

KateSydney

Avoid Dyson Barrel vacuums- you'll end up carrying the heavy barrel in your other hand.

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones Online Store for A$397.00.

Floor TypeCarpet
Robin R.

Robin R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn’t work well for cars and carpets

I found the suction very poor, does not get the sand off the car carpets and mats easily. My old Electrolux was far better for less than half the price. Also on carpets, it does a poor job with pet hair, it just gathers them into a big ball of hair in front of the head. Very disappointed and planning on returning it ASAP

Purchased in June 2020 at Costco for A$499.00.

Paul EnglishIllawarra, NSW

Pneumatic head useless on carpet

After years of a conventional cleaner we decided to go for a Dyson. So far that seems a mistake. We were advised by the salesperson in JB Hi Fi to go for this multi floor pneumatic after describing our floors. It was more expensive dive but we thought this would be good. We can’t even push the head over our medium pile carpet and the finer carpet sticks like a limpet mine. Surely Dyson are smarter than this. So now after more than $500 we still don’t have a vacuum cleaner to clean our house properly. Very disappointed in our first Dyson product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$540.00.

Paul English

Thanks. We had already tried sliding the +- to minus but the head just pushes hair and small bits and pieces in front of it. Very useless.

DysonDyson

Sorry to hear this. Please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist finding an alternate floor tool for you.

Alexis

AlexisSydney, NSW

Ideal for small fall and on carpet and tiled surfaces

I used this in a 57sq m carpeted flat and on a tiled bathroom floor and tiled balcony. It is easy to manipulate and manoeuvre. The powerful suction left surfaces dust free. The ejection of debris is easy and the multiple fittings are ideal for all areas. Recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$650.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles
KC

KCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not as good as the older models

Have been using dyson vacuum for the past twenty years, this is the worst model that I ever had. First, the new quick-release mechanism doesn't work well. Its hard to release or connect it to the main hose or wand. And then the worst part is to empty the container bin. The red release button doesn't really pushes dirt out or the barrel, alot of the time the dirt/dust get stucked at the top of the barrel and need to remove it by hand. Also the opening lid will cover of dust when emptying, so cleaning the lid (especially the plastic rubber seal) is required.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$449.00.

Esther

EstherPaekakariki

Broke just a few months after purchase

I was happily vacuuming the carpet just over 5 months after buying it on boxing Day sales and it snapped broken in my hand. The big extended tube links with a piece to the handle, that piece is glued or fused somehow and it's become unglued. Customer care were nice after an 8' wait on the phone but even though another part will be sent to my home it will take up to 14 days and Customer care representative offered no solution as to how I can manage without vacuuming in the meantime.

Really disappointed that I finally decide to go for the reputable and expensive Dyson brand and it lasts the least of all the vacuum cleaners I have ever had.

Hoping this is not the first of a series of breakdowns and it's just a one off.

Purchased in December 2019 at Noel Leeming Online store for A$350.00.

TAO1

TAO1Auckland

Frustrating

I wanted to love my Dyson but I don’t. I expected more for the price. The suction is good but the fact that the dust container lid pops open occasionally by itself spilling dust everywhere is a huge downside. Dyson keeps saying it’s not supposed to do that but the fact that many reviews complain about this might indicate that it is a design flaw. Very annoying. Wish you would just accept it’s an issue and fix this.

Purchased at Noel Leeming for A$799.00.

jak2015

jak2015Perth, WA

Very little power. No comparison to older Dyson models.

Have only had this vacuum for 8 days and I hate it.

I'm so disappointed. It has very poor suction compared to the DC25 that I have had for 10 years (that was still working up until a fortnight ago).

The vacuum head skips on the carpet every time you pull it back, unless at exactly right angle.

The switch for hard floor or carpet changes on its own while vaccuuming.

When I spoke to Dyson they suggested I buy a different head for it. The part is $135.

If the retailer had a money back guarantee, I would be returning it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Product is usedDaily
Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles

Heather L.

Heather L.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Where are the filters

DysonDyson

Your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball machine features Dyson Cinetic Science which means it has no filters you need to wash, replace or change. Just empty the bin when the dust reaches the MAX line to ensure it performs as it should (you can see how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDs8l7msca0)

While there is a post motor filter built into the ball, this filter is designed to last the lifetime of your machine with no need for maintenance.

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com, we are happy to help.

If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Kylee

Kyleeasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Why does mine smell bad when it has never been wet or vacuumed up wet material? How do you clean it thoroughly?

DysonDyson

If a smell is coming from your machine, this can indicate either something with a strong scent or some dust containing a high moisture content has been vacuumed up. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying you may rinse the clear bin in cold water, ensuring that no detergents are used. Please don't remove the seals whilst washing the clear bin and most importantly ensure that the clear bin is completely dry before placing back onto the machine. Please note that the cyclone top assembly, which attaches on top of the bin, must be removed and is not washable. You can find instructions on how to remove the cyclone here: https://support.dyson.com.au/supportHome.aspx/Vacuums/Cylinders/Dyson-Cinetic-Big-Ball/214892-01/maintaining-your-dyson-machine/cleaning-the-bin

We also recommend to let the hose, floor tool and wand of your machine air out for 24-48 hours, ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you find the odour persists, or we can assist further, please call us on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Darren
Darren

our Big Ball Animal Dyson started exhausting a foul smell as well.
Turned out it was the cyclone filter system. Despite emptying the bin out and cleaning it thoroughly, it still smelt horrible

I ended up completely disassembling the cyclone filter (BIG job) and found a huge amount of muck stuck inside all over the filter and the air jets. Some were completely clogged. Turned out my partner had used one of those carpet cleaning powders which I think are slightly damp as well. It's gone through the entire filter system and gummed it all up inside. I had to pull the entire filter apart and clean all the parts individually. I then soaked all the parts in a mix of water and mild detergent overnight. Dried it all out with compressed air and then re-assembled. Smell is now gone and suction is as good as new now.

We since found out that you should never use powder carpet cleaners in bag-less vacuums.... lesson learned. Fortunately it seems the powder didn't make it to the motor, which seems to have survived.....

kraayclan

kraayclanasked

Cinetic Big Ball

my new dyson big ball origin head doesn't seem to pick up dirt rather it just pushes it around causing me to have to lift the head up and place it down on top of dust to get it clean

Mindab1980
Mindab1980

I had the same problem.
l had to purchase a carbon fibre turbine head of the Dyson website. Not ideal to fork out an extra $120 but now I get a really good clean.

DysonDyson

Any debris too large to fit under the floor tool may be pushed along the floor. For larger debris such as this, we would encourage either placing the floor tool directly on top of the debris, or removing the floor tool and using the included combination tool to clean these up.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$999.00A$899.00A$799.00A$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016