Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used
    • Several times a week (52)
    • Weekly (44)
    • Daily (29)
  • Pet OwnerYes (91) · No (37)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (22) · No (107)

VG1

VG1South East Queensland, QLD

What a piece of rubbish

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jayden G.

Jayden G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Works great on tiles, struggles on carpet floors. Has anyone else found it just doesn’t pick a great deal up on carpet floors? I have tried all settings and find I am constantly picking up after it like I do for my infant child. I’ve previously owned older model Dyson that worked great on carpet. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2020 for $500.00.

Siggy NowakSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson crap

The musclehead of this vacuum cleaner is total rubbish - ridiculously designed. We have had other Dyson vacuum cleaners which were well designed, but this one really "sucks." Suction is so great the muscle head sticks to the the carpet and scratches the polished floors even on the low suction setting. It's not called a "muscle head" for nothing!! So brutal to move - needs to be more like a hovercraft than a limpid clam. The designers certainly need to go back to the drawing boards. Meanwhile here I am cursing and looking for an alternative head with bristles instead of hard plastic ribbing.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Siggy Nowak

The on/off switch is flimsy and yes the canister emptying mechanism needs more work. For a $700+ vacuum cleaner Dyson is going backwards on this one. Surely no-one has tested it with real people.

Find out how Dyson Cinetic Big Ball compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Going away from basics - a failed model

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones.

Dodokebab

DodokebabSouth East Queensland, QLD

Picks up so much unseen dirt!

Just purchased this today from Harvey Norman Everton Park. It blows out a large amount of heat. However the amount of dirt it sucked up was outstanding! Actually I was horrified at how much dirt there was in my bedroom! I emptied the barre twice for one bedroom!! And I vacuum regularly - obviously my old vac was not so good after all!!!! The tools are light weight to counteract the heavy barrel. The tools are very useful and there’s plenty of choice and an extra head in the box. I was pleasantly surprised at all the extra tools. The one for cleaning skirting boards worked a charm!! I’d recommend it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $675.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Ryan G.

Ryan G.

Perfect Vacuum!

Small and easy to store, but has great suction. Keeps the house clean and so very easy to look after. Capacity of the dust collection could be greater, but apart from that a great product.

Tayla S.

Tayla S.Northeast, VIC

Love my Dyson

I have only had this product for 2 months but absolute loving it!!
So easy to move around and the results are great 10x better than my previous vacuum.

Great on all floor types and even great in the car !!

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Olga Moore

Olga MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent vacuum cleaner

Excellent product no bags sucks dust amazingly
Bought on Go MasterCard 60 months interest free $6 service fee per month
Beautiful design top of the range virtually for close to nothing
$24 per month won’t break any budget

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Phoebe S.

Phoebe S.

Nothing to fault! Amazing!

i use this vacuum daily on a number of floor types, wood and tile being the main two. It has never let me down. My family have been customers of Dyson our entire lives and refuse to use anything else. There quality is amazing and dealing with complaint, purchases or anything else is always smooth and a positive experience.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

Product is used Daily

tjz25

tjz25Sydney, NSW

Good to very good, lives up to advertised specifications

dragana0282

dragana0282Southwest, VIC

I believe in dyson and this is dissapointing.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $750.00.

Product is used Daily
Judith S.

Judith S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Buy Dyson, Never again Dyson

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Clogging Issues Yes
Tricia Griffiths

Tricia GriffithsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed.

My first Dyson lasted over 30years. It was wonderful. I purchased another 18months ago and I more than disappointed with it. It’s terrible. The brush had already worn. And my new carpets(3yrs) look dirty all time. Tricia Griffiths.

larissa.antusoa

larissa.antusoaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero Stars - Don't waste your money

Purchased in January 2019.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Not for long fur, weak suction

We bought this as we have four long haired pets. Be warned the animal description only applies to short fur, not long fur which immediately blocks the head.
When we complained the Dyson rep sounded like this isn't the first time they have heard this issue.

Very weak suction, have to go over everything twice. Have gone back to our 6 year old electrolux which is far more powerful. Dyson appears to be nothing but marketing hype.

Purchased in September 2019 at Noel Leeming for $700.00.

wintopCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Another bitterly disappointed Dyson customer...

Purchased at Dyson.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your new Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro.

We are keen to assist and discuss your concerns further. If you could please forward your details and review to auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be in touch shortly.

Snoozer

SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD

I miss my old Dyson

After owning a Dyson for 12 years why would I buy anything else... I was excited to see the benefits of 12 years of R&D how sad it was to go so far backwards and wish I never upgraded. The dust lid doesn't always lock properly and spills dust when you remove it, it is hard to move around especially doors, the attachments are always clogged and had to buy special tooling to disassemble clean the dust and hair from the belt and cogs in the head myself instead of always sending it back for repair. My Wife prefers using my $90 Bunnings shop vacuum as it does a better job.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $597.00.

Clogging Issues Yes
Dianne

DianneMurray Region, NSW

Not worth the money

Very disappointed with the overall quality and performance. Not enough variation in suction. Emptying the canister is not easy and has often clicked open as it is taken out of it's holder. The on/off switch is too small as is the cord rewind. Vacuum rod is too large and difficult to use. Attachments are poorly designed for the purpose intended.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Popples

PopplesCurtin 2605, ACT

Not Great.

Was initially happy with this cleaner. Had issues with the multi floor head after about 12 months of use, it kept lifting off the floor and losing suction. Dyson kindly replaced the head, but with a different one, not the same as came with the purchase. Whether its the new head or not,bit seems to have loss suction, skims over the floor without picking up dirt/dust. Have previously been a Vax user but went with a Dyson on friend and family recommendations. Should have stuck with a Vax.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $499.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We can confirm auaskdyson@dyson.com is our email address, however this may need to be written into a new email as opposed to copying and pasting. Apologies for any confusion.

JB Melbourne

JB MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not as good as my original Dyson

My first Dyson nearly 10 years ago was amazing, this one is still good on hard floors (where I could use a broom) but a real struggle to get carpet clean. I have to scrub the carpet then often pick up a ball of fluff or kids hair my hand & feed it into the suction. Its mildly better than my $70 Aldi special but nearly 10x the price. No its not blocked just ineffective on carpet. Surely I dont have to spend 100s extra on an animal head to actually pick anything up from the carpet? I persisted for 3 months as I was so excited to have a Dyson again but now I just want my money back and a vacuum that works on carpet! Oh, and emptying it is a nightmare, dust everywhere from the cheap plastic release button that often gets stuck!

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Kristieasked

One of the wheels on the floor tool of my Dyson is stuck and is making marks all over my timber floor. Any ideas how to fix it? It is only 3 months old

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This is certainly not what we would expect. We would kindly encourage forwarding your query, contact details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com. Once received, our Dyson Experts will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Kristie

Thanks did your reply. I will follow it up

Jesse

Jesseasked

I accidentally sucked up milk, what should I do?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We would encourage unplugging your Dyson Cinetic Big Ball and getting in touch with our helpline on 1800 239 766 when you have your machine handy.

Our Dyson Experts will be happy to help assess the situation and assist in getting your machine sorted.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Jill S.

Jill S.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Origin

I purchased a Dyson Big Ball Origin a few days ago. It was fabulous for the first few vacuums but now it would appear that there is a blockage in the floor brush tool. I have checked the suction in the hoses and its perfect until I attach the floor brush. Can you please advise me how to clear that section ? I suspect there could be an accumulation of hair, etc. Thank you.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

To remove any blockages from within the floor tool, we would recommend pushing something long and flexible (such as a piece of poly piping) through the floor tool to remove any blockages you aren't able to reach.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Download manual