Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (108) · No (56)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (28) · No (137)

Rinnie

RinnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

Purchased in August 2020 for $599.00.

Floor TypeLinoleum
Renae

RenaeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

Worst vacum ive ever used. Flicks small bits of crumbs everywhere...!! What a waste of money.. after just 2 uses I am back to using my $100 kmart vacuum ' which I thought was crap until I used dyson!!! The kmart 1 is way better. I want my money back!!

Purchased in January 2021 for $500.00.

Product is usedRarely

Extremely disappointed

The Dyson Big Ball is an absolute disappointment. It’s hard to pull and constantly rolls over when going round corners. On the side of the head the two ends keep falling off with the slightest bit of hair or dust on it. The purple foam strip along the bottom of the head had totally come off. This has all happened in no more than 15 months of use. I’m so disappointed. All the hype about Dyson being a great brand. So disappointed. I’m getting in touch with our supplier to see what can be done, otherwise I have very expensive vacuum cleaner sitting in a wardrobe not being used.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Product is usedRarely

Dallas H.

Dallas H.South East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointing

Used on timber and carpet floors. Blows dust from rear. Turbo head flicks debris everywhere. Constantly tips over. Power button does not switch off when pushed. Release button jams when emptying. Despite cleaning repeatedly the unit now has a electrical burning smell so we have discontinued using. We assumed we were buying a quality machine for $700. Not happy at all.

Purchased in August 2018 for $699.00.

Cumulus

CumulusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very hard to empty and refit barrel

Purchased in February 2020 for $600.00.

Mark Goodley

Mark GoodleyNortheast, VIC

Rubbish

I have to agree with all the other complaints on here.
Dust blowing out the back of the machine, have already replaced ( the lifetime) filter.
Collection bin is ridiculously small. The clip on the bin is totally useless and non functional. The turbo brush constantly jams. The power button jams, as well as the cord retract.
Is only two years old, if I could find the receipt I would be returning it for my $1000 dollars back.
Will never recommend to anyone.

Purchased in June 2019 for $999.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
timothy.oldmeadow

timothy.oldmeadowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Can't handle dog fur

Purchased in April 2018 for $700.00.

LeonardSydney, NSW

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Purchased in January 2018 at Dyson for $700.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Clogging IssuesYes

Is not suitable for all floor types, despite the advertising saying so

This vacuum doesn't work on carpet at all - it leaves large clumps of hair and dust in its wake. I have now been told by support that this cleaner is not suitable for carpet, despite the website stating that the cleaner works on all floor types. Very disappointed at what a waste of money it has been - I am now looking at selling it and will buy another brand. The ball is also heavy and needs to be carried over wooden floors so it doesn't leave any scratches.

Purchased in October 2019.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum

unsatisfied customer

unsatisfied customerSydney, NSW

2nd review after owning for 6 months

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Product is usedDaily
Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Dale RobertsonSydney, NSW

Always had Dyson in last 20years and am disapointed

You take the barrel off every 2nd time and it opens on the floor, I make sure it's clicked in properly ( base to barrel) but it still does it. Is there a fix for this ??? any help would be appreciated

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles
DysonDyson

Thank you for reviewing your machine.

Please be assured this is not normal and the barrel should not open by itself. So we are able to assist you further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our experts will be in touch as soon as possible.

Dale Robertson

Thank you for all your assistance, the new bin has fixed the problem and i am still a Dyson customer thanks again and have a great Christmas

AcheyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not a good choice

Too heavy and cumbersome to move. End up carrying it around the house - which is not ideal. Worst point is that it does not actual suck up the dirt. It kind of pushes everything around and ends up with in clumps, which I guess is easier to pick up. I have no idea why people rave over this brand. Could not be more disappointed.

Purchased in September 2020.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Achey

Hair is not a problem... if it only was so easy. Isn't it a shame that a machine that is called 'multi floor extra' requires extra attachments to work???

sstip

sstipHobart, TAS

It has issues

I have had numerous dysons over the last 25 years. This is by far the least well designed. While suction is excellent. Yes, you have to clean the brushes on the turbo head every now and then but I have to do that on all of them. The main design fault with this dyson is that the barrel, when you want to remove it to empty it, opens up and the contents get emptied all over the vacuum cleaner and your floor. So you have to clean the machine re-assemble it and then vacuum the floor, albeit small portion of it, again. The design of this one is very much bellow par in comparison to other dysons.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Rosie

RosieSydney, NSW

Scratching My Timber Floors

The suction is quite good on the vacuum cleaner and I like the fact that it is quite compact, however, it is scratching my timber floors and I can no longer use this vacuum cleaner on the timber floors which make up the majority of the flooring in my house.

Purchased in January 2017 for $699.00.

DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't expect any difficulties using your machine on hard floors and are keen to assist.

Please forward your review, details, and serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to assist.

Audric A.

Audric A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great suction, but starts to leave scratches on wooden floor

I have this Dyson for quite a while now, but since a few weeks it leaves a scratches on my wooden floor.

It looks like the shoe cover below the MuscleHead has become too thin to not make the whole head run without rubbing the floor and leave marks.
Even after putting the head on the minimum suction, it still leaves mark.

I end up not using it anymore. That's a shame because it's my first Dyson.

Floor TypeWood
DysonDyson

We certainly don't design any Dyson machine to do this and are keen to assist.

Please forward your review, details and photos to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch ASAP to assist.

Completely Useless

Purchased in March 2020 at Noel Leeming for $700.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Wood
Max D.

Max D.Perth, WA

Really great machine but

Got this machine a few months ago to replace my dc08 turbine after the second motor went out. I had high expectations and they were all met it picks up the dirt like nothing else. the tangle free turbine is a great improvement from older models and I love the fact that’s there’s no filters to clean or replace. there is some downfalls 1. The bin never fills up evenly all the dirt will fill all the way to the top at the back and there will be none at the front of the bin. This is a issue my old Dyson only did when sucked up a lot of dirt at one time. 2. I have read reviews that the bin open randomly and yes that has happened to me but only once. Other than that it’s worth the money and a great product

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Clogging IssuesNo

Dyson that didn't live up to it's claims.

I had my Dyson for about 3 years. From the start, I wasn't a fan with my Dyson. I hated cleaning the dust bin. The dirt would stick to the top of the unit. I would have to pull the dirt out and tap it to shake the fine dust out. The dirt at the top of the unit would stick and I would have to rub it off. Recently the suction power has weakened, almost to no suction at all. I empty the dust bin after every use and I still experience loss of suction. It's messy and unpleasant to clean the dust bin. My Dyson was a disappointment and didn't live up to it's claims. I'm going to buy a different kind of vacuum, that I don't have to work so hard to clean.

Purchased in March 2017.

saphire

saphireAdelaide

Not worth the money, unlike older Dysons. Design flaws plague this model.

Purchased in May 2016 at Dyson for $599.25.

Product is usedMonthly
Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Kate

KateSydney

Avoid Dyson Barrel vacuums- you'll end up carrying the heavy barrel in your other hand.

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $397.00.

LJP48

LJP48asked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Dyson - I am very excited about my new vacuum and think I may just have to figure out how to work some aspects. I have used it four or five times. I have had a few trial and error mistakes with the bin not being properly closed and vacuuming dirt all over. Hopefully I've solved that. My turbine head seems very noisy and I'm thinking I probably should be wearing ear protectors. I thought maybe something is clogging it - I have cleaned the brushes on the turbine head a few times as my long hair is wrapping around the roller. I have removed it all but still very noisy and I'm feeling the suction isn't as good as it was the first day. My husband tried it and it was too loud for him and he operates our leaf blower with enthusiasm. The wand seems to be fastened properly. I do feel like it is a simple fix but I just can't find what it is.

Mattasked

Cinetic Big Ball

Hi
When I vacuum carpet with my Dyson Big Ball it doesn't seem to pick up what is on the floor but instead seems to collect it then sucks it back out onto the floor. Any recommendations on how to stop this?

Leonard

What age is the machine ?

Matt

I purchased it in 2020. Has been doing this since I purchased it.

DysonDyson

This is not to be expected and we are keen to assist.

Please forward your query and the serial number of your machine tor Dyson Experts via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger or phone and we will be happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Jodietodmanasked

Cinetic Big Ball

My cinetic big ball cannister wont stay closed at the bottom - every tume i remove it all the dirt empties all over floor. It doesnt clip closed at all

Oh yes!
This is a feature of the obstinate Big Ball !
Didn't they tell you !

The suction inlet gets blocked with anything bigger than a gnats testicle.
So you have to open it to clear the obstruction.

Good idea never to open your machine inside the house.

Jodietodman

Oh I don't have a problem with suction. But I do have a problem with the clip at bottom of cylinder. Wont stay closed. Dirt everywhere

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear the bin is opening on your machine when not expected. Sometimes, this can happen if the bin is pushed back up into position without closing the trap door first. We encourage closing the trap door, then pushing the bin back up into position.

If this is how you already close the bin or this continues, please just get in touch with our Dyson Experts and we will be happy to help get this sorted. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016