Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

Multi Floor, Animal Pro, Animal, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (114) · No (58)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (28) · No (145)

Poor quality product and service

GlennSyd

GlennSydSydney, NSW

Good, but not great

Purchased in May 2019.

KBick

KBickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball

I bought this machine in November 20, thinking Dyson are the ducks nuts. Sooo wrong on this thought. The lever used to turn the machine on and off feels flimsy and brittle, I am really surprised it hasn't already broken. The attachments feel cheap and the machine was NOT cheap. The heads do not suck well as it sucks from the side not a straight down motion like a normal vacuum.
Once I save up AGAIN I am off to buy another machine probably a Miele, I will never buy another Dyson. Definitely not the best and extremely disappointed.

NotoriousD

NotoriousDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome vacuum cleaner

Great suction, the absolute model comes with a whole lot of extra attachments, the ball rights itself if it rolls. Its emptying process is vastly improved in usability over the old DC39 we had. I'm finding I don't have to go over areas I've already done before just to get them clean. I judge a good appliance as one you look forward to using. This is definitely the case here, its a great vacuum.

Purchased in March 2021 at Appliances Online for $849.00.

paulie71

paulie71

First and last Dyson - cheap feel, weak and not worth it

Purchased in March 2021 at Accumulate Loyalty Services Pty Ltd for $499.00.

jenn96

jenn96Goulburn Valley, VIC

motor smells and makes popping sound,cost me $180 for repair to some internal filter that can't be accessed by user.

I use this on tile,wood and carpet and alternate between the power head and hard floor tool,I purchased it nearly 4yo for around $700. It has had light use maybe fortnightly,the motor has just blown up and im taking it to dyson for a quote

Purchased at Dyson for $700.00.

The worst Dyson vaccum ever?

The bin unclips itself constantly after being secured and after you've spent a good hour vacuuming the house it dispenses it's load onto the floor without notice...so, you have to vacuum the mess up twice. This is one of the worst design flaws i have ever seen and i had exactly the same issue on a V6 stick vacuum too. will never buy a Dyson again after this!

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $499.00.

Marc
Marc

Fantastic suction but thats it

The vacuum cleaner cleans wooden floors reasonably well though I do have to go over it more than once. I have to constantly lift and replace the floor tool as it is difficult to turn. The floor tool and the hose and connections are bulky and difficult to use, all very unintuitive.
Even with holding the (less suction clip) the suction is so strong cleaning carpets it is a fight from beginning to end.
I have already had the dust bin replaced as the tiny clip that holds it shut didn’t work, the new dust bin still has difficulties not popping open when I remove it for emptying.
I have so disliked using it I’ve vacuumed far less than I normally do.
I would not recommend this vacuum cleaner.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $599.00.

xalaw

xalawSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dyson big ball pet vacuum issues

1. Hard ridges on handle irritates skin on hand.
2. Lifted container off suction body, small clip on container end not engaged, deposited container content on suction body and carpet.

Both IMO , design deficiencies.

Otherwise, does the job

PS - Dear Dyson

Purchased in March 2021 at Dyson for $650.00.

Don't buy a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+

RIP Big Balls

Purchased in November 2017 for $899.00.

RinnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

Purchased in August 2020 for $599.00.

Rinnie

Interesting that I wrote this a month ago and not one comment from Dyson.
Dyson obviously supports their dodgy, overpriced vacuum

Renae

RenaeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

Worst vacum ive ever used. Flicks small bits of crumbs everywhere...!! What a waste of money.. after just 2 uses I am back to using my $100 kmart vacuum ' which I thought was crap until I used dyson!!! The kmart 1 is way better. I want my money back!!

Purchased in January 2021 for $500.00.

Product is usedRarely

Extremely disappointed

The Dyson Big Ball is an absolute disappointment. It’s hard to pull and constantly rolls over when going round corners. On the side of the head the two ends keep falling off with the slightest bit of hair or dust on it. The purple foam strip along the bottom of the head had totally come off. This has all happened in no more than 15 months of use. I’m so disappointed. All the hype about Dyson being a great brand. So disappointed. I’m getting in touch with our supplier to see what can be done, otherwise I have very expensive vacuum cleaner sitting in a wardrobe not being used.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Dallas H.

Dallas H.South East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointing

Used on timber and carpet floors. Blows dust from rear. Turbo head flicks debris everywhere. Constantly tips over. Power button does not switch off when pushed. Release button jams when emptying. Despite cleaning repeatedly the unit now has a electrical burning smell so we have discontinued using. We assumed we were buying a quality machine for $700. Not happy at all.

Purchased in August 2018 for $699.00.

Cumulus

CumulusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very hard to empty and refit barrel

Purchased in February 2020 for $600.00.

Mark Goodley

Mark GoodleyNortheast, VIC

Rubbish

I have to agree with all the other complaints on here.
Dust blowing out the back of the machine, have already replaced ( the lifetime) filter.
Collection bin is ridiculously small. The clip on the bin is totally useless and non functional. The turbo brush constantly jams. The power button jams, as well as the cord retract.
Is only two years old, if I could find the receipt I would be returning it for my $1000 dollars back.
Will never recommend to anyone.

Purchased in June 2019 for $999.00.

timothy.oldmeadow

timothy.oldmeadowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Can't handle dog fur

Purchased in April 2018 for $700.00.

Leonard

LeonardSydney, NSW

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal

Purchased in January 2018 at Dyson for $700.00.

Sherryl R.

Sherryl R.asked

Cinetic Big Ball Allergy

Hi I am wondering where is the filter located for Dyson Cinetic Big Ball allergy

DysonDyson

The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball features Dyson Cinetic Science. Dyson Cinetic Science is so efficient, the dust and dirt is separated from the air into the bin, without the need for a washable filter. The machine has a post motor filter which is there to capture carbon dust from the motor however is designed to last the lifetime of the machine without the need to wash/replace it.

Dyson Cinetic Science features ultra-efficient cyclones with Cinetic tips. These tips allow our cyclones to be small, and they vibrate to ensure the ultra-fine dust doesn't clog them, rather, ends up in the bin for you to empty when you have finished your cleaning session.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help.You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

barb

barbasked

Cinetic Big Ball Animal Pro

Our Dyson big ball animal pro is only a couple of months old. The power head spins but doesn’t pick up anything on the carpet , I’ve removed any fluff or anything around the roller. The normal head works fine on hard floors.

DysonDyson

Hi Barb, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

Our machines carry a 2 year Dyson Guarantee and we will be more than happy to help resolve this for you. We do require more information and we'd kindly ask you to please reach out to our helpline via phone, email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

Cindy b

Cindy basked

Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor

I purchased my Dyson cinetic big ball vac in Feb .I am having trouble with the 360 swivel head it keeps clicking out of its place like it is broken it doesn’t seem to lock in . It makes it then impossible to vacuum ,The suction is also extreme and makes it very hard to push on carpet leaving balls of fluff. I do not have pets so no excuse for a lot of hair on my floor, Please advise as I am extremely disappointed

DysonDyson

Hi Cindy, thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear this is happening.

Please be assured our machines come with a 2 year Dyson guarantee, we'd recommend to reach out to our helpline via phone email or live chat through https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us.

In regards to the suction one of our experts will ask you a few questions regarding your flooring and provide you the best resolution moving forward.

See all Dyson Cinetic Big Ball questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Compare all 8 Dyson Cinetic Big Ball
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $999.00$899.00$799.00$699.00
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight11.34 kg11.04 kg10.67 kg10.55 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m6.6 m
Suction (Air Watts)250 AW250 AW250 AW250 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016Apr 2016