Motorhead, Turbine
See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (1)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (2)
Rani
RaniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

I have a DC22 and the motor head died, it wont spin anymore, the rest of the vacuum works well. Is it possible to by a new head. If not i wont be buying a dyson again. After reading the reviews it seems like common issue.

Purchased in March 2014 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

Tim
TimSouthwest, VIC

Excellent Customer Service

We purchased this Dyson (our first Dyson) in April 2008, and was amazed at how much dirt was picked up from our floors (quite frightening actually). Everything works as expected, but turbine head brush could be easier to clean hair from. We have had a few issues with it though: 1. The plastic barrel cracking near the handle attachment point after having it for nearly 3 years (approx. 1 year out of warranty), and the turbine head seized after about 2.5 years (6 months out of warranty). We contacted Dyson and on both occasions, they replaced the items free of charge even though the vacuum was out of warranty. Each phone call was less than 3 minutes. All they needed was the serial number (registered to us). A+ for customer service.

Purchased in April 2008 for $799.00.

Not good

Full in 2 minutes, loosing suction power. The motor goes well but you must empty the waste tank after just 2 rooms. Filters too delicate, better to clean 2 or 3 times per month and replace after 6 months. Not satisfied with the brand, the value for money isn’t good. My first and last Dyson.

Date PurchasedJune 2011
KenSouth-East, TAS

Motorhead has failed AGAIN

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Find out how Dyson DC22 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Hose broke, electrocuted me, Dyson couldn't care less

After 12 months of light use, the hose in my vacuum became detached from the wand and there were two wires which, left bare, electrocuted me. I phoned Dyson to alert them of the safety hazard, and the telephone operator said there was nothing they could do as it was out of warranty.

Mo
Mo

Lousy motorhead

The motorhead started giving issues and it just died. So bought a new motorhead for $150. Used it really carefully. Then the same problem. At times it wont turn on..then it will work. Last week it died again! Nothing to do with my hose contacts and whatever. Just a crappy motorhead design.

Not worth the money

They say you get what you pay for...not in this case. We spent good money on our Dysons and we never expected this. We're currently on our 3rd power head and of course, today, it has failed me again. I live in a new house with no pets, and I must say, I keep my house very clean and I clean my filters regularly. So if its not because I'm miss treating my Dyson, then what is it? I'm also having similar problems with my hand held DC34....power is cutting off. I am really disappointed and honestly am being put off Dyson completely. Would I buy Dyson again...Not worth the money.

DysonDyson

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Rosco
RoscoSydney

DEAD POWERHEADS

My sister and my wife (on her recommendation) both own DC22s. Both are on our third powerheads - some of which have been replaced by Dyson under warranty - . So that is six powerheads ( our third one has just failed again after only working intermittently within months of being replaced less than a year ago.) So its NOT an unusual problem! Model has been discontinued I read. Not surprised. No more shoddy designed Dysons in our house.
easy to empty
expensive, unreliable, poorly designed

The T's
The T'sSydney

Not the product I expected !

Very poor in many ways

The only thing that's ok is the suction.
The telescopic wand on ours failed, though Dyson did replace it for free.
We have the non-turbine head. It doesn't oick up all that well, and the head grips the carpet very hard, and so it's a real effort to push and pull it.As a result I just strained my back really badly thro' the effort expended.
The bin emptying is rubbish. You end up having to take whole thing apart using a knife to get into the tab.
Do not buy this product.
suction
heavy, bin emptying, very hard to work wthout turbine head model.

Shellbells8
Shellbells8Brisbane

Quite disappointed especially when it was so expensive.

HowardPerth

Not happy Jan!

It was just out of warranty (2 years 5 months) when the motor blew up. Cost $260 to repair. I've still got a second hand Hoover Celestial about 40 years old that I use in the shed and for the car mats and it's still going strong, you go figure.
It worked well for a while.
Motor too fragile.

MotojohnnoCanberra 2600, ACT

Dead DC22

Our Dyson DC22 doesn't get much use. Our cleaner vacuums the floor regularly with his own machine, so the Dyson only gets a brief run every few weeks. Despite this light use, the motor now appears to have failed. Shortly after we bought the machine a friend (and former Dyson owner) warned us that the motors are fragile and prone to early failure. Sadly the DC22 is now out of warranty. We hate throwing out appliances that have hardly had any use, so we're seeking a repair solution.
Quite manouverable, motorhead works well.
Fragile motor, canister difficult to remove for cleaning.

Motojohnno

Thanks Shan, I'll follow up as suggested.

Jazzdanca59