Dyson DC47 Multi Floor

Dyson DC47 Multi Floor

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Sukram
Sukrammelbourne

Works great with carpet, had no issues.

Awesome machine, well engineered. Had it for years now and it cleans up hardwood and carpet so much better than anything we had before. I just found out that they're still selling parts for it and will do until about 9 years from the date we purchased it, which is good. We might need a new head in the future as, understandably, the bristles on the spinning brush are starting to ware down. We clean it after every 2 or 3 vacuums and it works with 100% effectiveness.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Simon
SimonSydney

Motor failed

The DC47 has been used carefully on timber floor not even for cars interior. It suddenly stopped without indications. The filter was washed in accordance with manual. Dyson requested 160 dollars for repair and attributed the faulty not to the quality but not sending to maintenance. I askec all my colleagues and friends, no one have ever sent to DYSON for it but never had problem of the motor broken. My advice to who wants to buy Dyson, you have to be not unlucky as DYSON will not be reasonable to look into its product quality but arrogantly reject your legitimate claim that specific product has faults. I will start looking to resort to fair trading.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Don't buy this

I have spent hours cleaning it trying to get the head spinning but it just won't suck. Ridiculous design considering it has one job. Was good for the first 3-4 months.

Will never buy another Dyson, we had a cheap BigW vacuum before this that was 10x better and only $40!!! Wish we'd kept it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Loumick1
Loumick1South East Queensland, QLD

Great product, reliable brand

Our old Dyson blew up after a heck of a lot of use. This particular model didnt have all the accessories i wanted but the bonus of being able to use the accessories from the one that blew up as they are compatible. Not as powerful as the previous model but works fine for us.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Find out how Dyson DC47 Multi Floor compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

I'm done with this 'thing'....

I am in meltdown mode after sitting ON MY KNEES trying to get the head to spin for the umpteenth time. Yes, that's right, I now have to vacuum on my knees to get ANYTHING to suck up, even after going through all the cleaning steps. I've actually thrown the head into a sink full of soapy water to try and get it to work. The frigging hose under the barrel (you know the bit, the bit that's HALF the size of the rest of the hose) continually gets stuff stuck in there because it's not as wide as the other hose. It's the ANIMAL - yet I have to SCRUB the carpet with the head just to get any kind of hair off the carpet (2 dogs and 1 cat).... it works on tiles, hence the 1 star.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Richard D
Richard DPerth

Dyson sucks in a good way

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Don't Bother buying

Bought without research silly me! This machine is all some other reviews has said. Cord too SHORT, machine is too LOUD omg like a plane landing on your head. The side plastic molding fell off after a couple of months. Emptying barrel opens before Main problem is it scratches the wooden floor. I have had the multi head replaced but no change.

I have dragged out my werheim and taped up the hose, after 15 yrs its still great, not noisy don't have to shift cord for the area, nice brush on the foot.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
DysonDyson

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Unahppy
UnahppySydney, NSW

Great when we bought it but now...

When this machine was purchased it was great. Over the past couple of years it has become really noisy, like it is blocked, but I can't track down the blockage. It's suction has reduced and the plastic handle cracked. It's current performance has me looking at competitors, but my partner still loves the Dyson name. That means our replacement will be another Dyson, but I haven't been impressed with the ongoing performance of this vacuum.

Date PurchasedDec 2011
Erry
Erry

The best vacuum cleaner I have had

I like this vacuum cleaner. The suction is good. It is easy to use and all the parts are well designed. I use it on carpet and hard floors equally. I chose it because it's compact and easy to store. The only disadvantage is that there is no bag so emptying it is messy. The email reminders to clean the filter are useful.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Annie L
Annie LMelbourne

Over-priced under-performer

This vacuum cleaner had very good suction for the first three months then despite regularly washing filters and emptying the canister, the suction reduced to almost nothing. I sent the machine to Dyson for checking/repair and the performance improved after it was serviced. Soon after that the suction reduced again and is now virtually useless. The complicated design makes emptying the canister messy and leads to constant blockages. There is no after sales service from a store so you need to phone Dyson with any issues and post the vacuum to them. I would not recommend a Dyson and would never buy another one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
AVA
AVA

Average product for the price tag

I purchased this model of Dyson based on word of mouth reviews. It works well on our timber floor boards but the suction is average (even after the filter is cleaned) and I notice that it doesn't pick up all the mess of the floor in one go. Otherwise it is easy to maneuver and light weight to hold.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Lever
Lever

Reliable brand

Great suction but it's klunky and hard to move around. Very good on pet hair as I have two dogs that both shed hair. Easy to empty and bag less. Quiet and has good range of accessories. Clip for hose needs to be used as the hose doesn't lend itself to leaning on walls etc

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Plastic junk

If you like coloured plastic and space age shapes then Dyson is for you. If you want a vacuum cleaner that works and will last longer than a year or two then look elsewhere. My wife keeps getting sucked in (pardon the pun) by the marketing hype, pretty colours and unnecessary mouldings, and has bought 2 cordless, and one 240 volt vacuum cleaners and every one of them is useless. The 240 volt has just burnt out probably because it encountered a piece of fluff and couldn't deal with it.

Utter rubbish.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Paul L
Paul LLisarow

Rubbish product

Date PurchasedJune 2015
NicSydney, NSW

Avoid

Sad to say very unhappy with my Dyson DC47. I have persisted with it for 12 months and even purchased a new filter thinking maybe it was the filter that was the problem, but it hasn't helped. No suction, short cord and unstable leaving marks on my walls if I don't hold the unit in my hand which makes vacuuming difficult.
So I'm off to buy a new vacuum.

Nic

Definitely no blockage but I'm happy to return to you so you can check. Please advise location?

Nic

A few weeks have passed. Would you like your vacuum back so you can advise what went wrong ?

Rochelle L
Rochelle Lasked

Hello, the protective Velcro like padding under the head has fallen off. The vacuum cleaner is only 4 years old. We anticipated it to have a longer life than that. Can we get the Velcro protection re in stalled to the head?

Hi Rochelle,

I am sorry to hear about this.

The velour strip isn't available as a separate part at this stage. So we can best assist, we would encourage you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

Diane Quarrie
Diane Quarrieasked

I have a Dyson DC47 and ever since I've had it the turbo button on the foot keeps popping out every couple of seconds when vacuuming. It doesn't matter whether I am vacuuming hard floors or carpet.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your question. Sometimes this can indicate a blockage in your head. We would first ask you to run through the checks on http://www.dyson.com.au/supportv4/dc47/dc47-multi-floor/maintaining-your-dyson-machine/how-to-remove-blockages-from-the-floor-tool.

If you are still experiencing this issue please don't hesitate to contact us on 1800 239 766.

Best wishes,

Samuel
Facebook.com/dyson

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners