eBay

eBay

• Used service as aBuyer (415) · Seller (186)

Dave

DaveVictoria

What is wrong with EBay?

I am expecting to get my button switch which was due to come by the end of April 2021. Today is mid- May and my item has not come yet. I sent many questions of why it never arrived. No answer from EBay or the seller Radio part . Totally deception with the service. Can I get my money back?

Alex

Alex

absolute trash~~

Ebay is a joke!! they use sellers for every penny they have. If you want to sell something dont use ebay they endorse scammers who would scalp items and resell at huge increase. then if they get involved they rip you off of your money. Terrible ebay you bunch of con artists trash pandas

Absolutely awful. Sellers beware. Avoid using eBay

Mickey R

Mickey RGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sellers receive no customer support

There is no helpful customer support what so ever for sellers who are needing assistance with troublesome buyers. What an absolutely joke eBay has become. If you are a seller expect to lose money.

Jodie

JodieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No customer support, no communication

My credit card details expired prior to receiving an invoice and I am being harassed with notices to pay the money - all $9. I have updated my card details at least 4 times and can't seem to find a way on the app to manually pay. I have sent multiple help emails to no avail. Now my account is suspended. You can't talk to anyone and they ignore your help requests. Dangerous business model in the disrupted economy!

gtr9

gtr9Sydney, NSW

Fees are a joke!

Once sold on eBay all the time then after a period of not selling realised PayPal was removed , I sold an item for $100 and eBay now take fees automatically , i received $84 ... what a joke!

Osama

OsamaPerth, WA

Not a place to sell.

Can be ok for buying. But a 30 day hold on funds when selling? It costs to send the item to the buyer. Could have let me know when I was listing items for sale. I'll only deal with real bodies from now on. In my own city. Cash only.

MickSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

No customer support, protects dishonest vendors at buyers expense

jpr28610

jpr28610

Not going to use ebay anymore to buy or sellee

Fees are too high to sell and when you need help, its very fustrating. For example, I needed to update the payment option so I logged in and updated it. It asked me to verify a few things to prove its me so I did. Then asked me for my password again which I gave. Now it was asking to to verify myself via live chat.

So I explain the situation to them so many times yet its so fustrating.

Not using it to sell anymore, Ill just use facebook market place.

Not using it to buy aswell. Ali express and market place is cheaper

john e.

john e.Sydney, NSW

Ebay Feedback Policy is Wrong

Ebay feedback policy is stupid. It encourages buyers not to pay. If you don't sell items but only buy on ebay you will always have a 100% positive feedback. That is WRONG. There are a lot of buyers that don't pay, they should be exposed, a non payment strike is useless .Sellers pay the commission, they should be allowed to leave honest feedback. I have to sell to liars and cheats that will always have a 100% positive feedback because of their stupid policy. Without sellers Ebay would not have a business. And then Ebay rip them off by charging a commission on postage. How low can Ebay go.

lauriepet123

lauriepet123Mid North Coast, NSW

Ebay - The Ugliest Face Of Modern Capitalism

mamaluchka47

mamaluchka47Sydney, NSW

This company has the dodgiest companies on its books as so-called "trading partners"!

Angie

AngieSydney, NSW

Only Sell garbage

Dont buy crap ebay. Unless you buy other people rubbish. False advertising over priced crap. Why are you still in business. Why are selling crap just refund it.

Kate

KateSydney

Not worth the effort anymore

I used to use eBay quite a bit. Agree that it's great for buying but very poor for selling.
I had a couple of scam 'buyers' who I had to block and then several issues with the buyer not being able to use PayPal to pay.
Not only that the fees are ridiculous. Once eBay and then PayPal took their cut I was left with almost $41 in fees for an item that sold for $300.
Not only that, eBay will put a hold on the funds until end of the month before releasing via PayPal. You need to contact them via Chat to get it released and even then have to wait a period for that to happen.
Really, really not worth the effort using eBay anymore.

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

eBay roadblock

We have used eBay for over 10 years without any major issues, in selling and buying. With the current changes to the payment system underway, we feel eBay need to focus on the general market acceptance of the product within the private consumer marketplace. Since the commission structure now above 13%, a more flexible rate for listings under $50.00 may a good way to back the faithful. To operate any business with a 2 star rating will only build a roadblock to any future success.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Ebay is terrible for sellers with no protection expensive & dangerous

I sold a good quality Samsung S9, the buyer had it for 2 weeks damaged it then filed a return saying that it was not as described, I paid for return, received damaged phone with no memory card, complained to ebay and they refunded the whole amount to the seller. I now have a phone which is unsellable locked by the buyer and a bill for $325 on my account. WTH and I was charged over $40 in commission. I hope your business fails as I am now closing my account.

Rosie

RosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good for buyers crap for sellers.

I usually buy on eBay and find that quite good. However I recently sold a camera - so from a seller perspective not impressed. It took ages to create the add, not user friendly site at all. Then a scam buyer wasted my time (no longer able to prevent zero feedback members from buying) buy clicking buy now. Surely there could be a system of preventing this. Will be charged $$ fees for a sale that never happened and have to resolve to get it back! Will never sell on eBay again. Feel sorry for all the people who run stores and have to deal with time wasters. Surely eBay could be more supportive! Other platforms far better these days.

ilazarus

ChristopherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ebay - Get your money - Eventually

Tara W.

Tara W.asked

I’m trying to get a number to speak to someone to get help with a few issues I’m having on eBay.. I’ve been ripped off twice now on eBay just recently and live chat is no help they don’t seem to understand anything I’m saying it’s frustrating but I’m told through the live chat that due to Covid They aren’t taking calls.. I don’t know how Covid effects phone calls... seems very strange.. eBay has really gone down hill, I remember being able to speak to very helpful people from eBay in the past That resolved issues on the spot.
So please if anyone has a contact number for resolving eBay issues can you please post it here.
Thanx
I’m going to amazon in future

Andy
Andy

Hi Tara 02 8288 0466, his name is Troy, he actually tries to help . I got ripped off $6600.00 in fees for a deactivated shop. After deactivating it and deleting the products if you don’t do it a certain way that’s not shown to you it repopulates itself and you get charged for insertion fees for a deactivated shop. Gd luck

Debra S.
Debra S.

Omg this happened to me exactly. I’m a genuine seller as it supplements my website devastated.

Tel

Telasked

I used powerhigh-us and bought some bags which fell apart they have great reviews but heaps of negative reviews and feedbacks .I have been emailing back and forth to this chinese company and tell me to keep checking my account but not refunding my $5 .its been the biggest waste of time .please do not support this company dodgy and wont give me proof of payment.thanks for listening.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

But this is the Question section. Pity you did not think to post a review

Paige

Paigeasked

How do I go about making a complaint re: winning Bidders neglecting to follow through with buying an item.
It’s happened twice now and they just get away with it. I can’t even leave negative feedback warning others of the way they conduct business..... ridiculous!
At least 8 other bidders have missed out on buying my daughters bed.
The first time this happened I had to cancel the order myself and you gave the buyer 10 days to approve the cancellations even though he’d ghosted me.
I wanted to re:list it so we could get it sold and it appears it’s happened again.
How are they allowed to get away with this..... it’s rubbish!
I will not use EBAY ever again, it’s an inconvenience

Other Auction Shops