eBay

eBay

See the Best Auction Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for eBay? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Used service as aBuyer (647) · Seller (337)

Double charging

Order placed was charged twice. Difficulty finding contact number to speak to customer service as their chat box doesn’t cover this kind of query. Suppliers had only received one payment. Customer service non-existant. Customer service refused to send email contact so that I could provide proof. Told to go to my Bank to sort out. Tried to convince me that their security on their site was safe. AVOID EBAY!!!!!

Chris
ChrisMid North Coast, NSW

I will never use eBay again

I purchased a watch from India. When I received the package it was empty. The watch had either not been put in the package or was stolen between the seller and the India post office. I attempted to resolve this with the seller who told me to "get lost". I attempted to work through eBay for a refund. But eBay still think the watch is "in transit" and there is NO way to communicate with eBay. I ahve had it and I will never use eBay again for purchasing.

ABS
ABSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Appalling customer service with blatant lies

Offer fake vouchers of compensation for errors to appease people and then offer no support when the vouchers don’t work

Avoid Ebay!

My accout was SUSPENDED FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER. I bought a product that was clearly not what was shown and described in the ad. So I complained and then accepted the mitigation offered by the seller. Next thing, out of the blue with no warnings, Ebay sent me an email saying I was permenently suspended and that I could not even appeal the descision. I cannot even close the account and trying to get help to at least ask for a reason I get directed to a $2 payment!

Melshan
Melshan

Do not use eBay Post. Got charged 4 time for the same parcel.

Got charged 4 time for the same parcel. Called ebay customer service and they not able to rectify this postage. How can you pay 4 time for the same parcel? If do not use the postage label they still charge you for postage. DO NOT USE EBAY POSTAGE

Ramesh
RameshSydney, NSW

Charged time and again after canceling subscription

I am being charged for nothing I cancel my subscription 3 months ago and I am being charged for till now bad service but no useful help

JPIW
JPIWSydney, NSW

Slow Bay

I notice the current advertising campaign by eBay across Australia. Having been a regular eBayer overseas for over 20 years, purchasing almost anything and always with very quick delivery, my Australian experience over the last 10 years has been quite the opposite. Delivery times are always ridiculously slow in Australia, even metro to metro, which is an issue firmly under the control of Australia Post. As such, I generally no longer purchase things on eBay simply because of the diabolical delivery service offered by Aus Post. eBay should first sort out their postal partners before they start advertising on the TV.

ElizaPerth, WA

Difficult to contact, slow delivery of purchases, "Form" replies to complaints

MBody P.
MBody P.Sydney, NSW

Private information sellers

My ID number, phone, and address were sold by eBay to several marketing organisations. They keep calling my number and saying that I have an outstanding balance on Ebay. I tried to chat with customer service and the person named Anjali said that I was probably a bad person and have a stalker. How rude and unprofessional. They did not ask for any details about spam callers from their company and did not even want to deal with complaints. By the way, all products that came to me from eBay recently were all damaged or did not work, any conversations with sellers ended up unfinished because they said that the issue of AusPost. Nice. I deleted my account and will never sign up again.

Happy larry
Happy larrySydney, NSW

Ebay is an indian run scam

jimmy god
jimmy godSydney Surrounds, NSW

crap customer service and refund policy

using ebay for years but lately they have changed their refund, before could get refund if item was faulty now they just dont care about customers..amazon is prob better to use..seller has promised free item posted then refund and nothing..i will never use ebay again or refer them to friends..poor customer service..website needs refresh its new paint its living in the 90s hence why people now prob use amazon, half of the stuff on ebay is faulty and sellers get away with anything like landlords..buyer beware all rubbish, im sad and depressed but ebay didnt help

Alex
AlexSydney, NSW

They Certainly know how to jab you with fees

Sold and item to an overseas purchaser, ebay decided to slug me a fee not only for the sale price, but also for the shipping charge that I make NO money on. So they double dipped on fees just because they can, then also hit me for a conversion fee. Thats three fees all up. I cant wait till a competitor gets up and running so I can tell ebay to Get F&^#ed.

Used service as aSeller

Shan
ShanPerth, WA

Selling fees are disgraceful

Absolute disgrace of a website. eBay used to be so good. Now it's just a money-making Rackett with poor customer service.

Does not even deserve a star for delivery service

They have sneaky way of putting a REGULAR subscription service charge to ensure you get normal time deliver (not urgent delivery). When you opt not to have that now, the delivery is slowed to the extends that it takes you forever (more than 60 days to get your product). There are other better quality service delivery than this site now. It will be my topic of conversation now with everyone i interact with. Ebay want to proof a point, they will get it.

stuart m.
stuart m.South East Queensland, QLD

ebay has screwed the poooch

they just have just developed practices that are not honest anymore...been buying for 20 yrs, no more....cant leave honest feedback,you get blocked.