eBay

eBay

1.9 from 1,501 reviews

1.9

1,501 reviews
  • Used service as aBuyer (304) · Seller (105)

Stefan

StefanBrisbane

Ebay Plus

Ebay has suspended my account for non payment of Ebay Plus $49.72 which I can't seem to cancel and was automatically deducted in August 2020. I contacted PayPal and requested a refund which I received now in September Ebay is attempting to get the funds again from PayPal however I've now removed automatic payments from PayPal by Ebay. I will be cancelling my Ebay account as I hope others will. I've noticed in online forums this is happening to many others. It's a rort Ebay please stop.

Item not paid been six months

I have sold an item through ebay and posted believing that i am covered by ebay for any mishappening such as buyer won’t pay in time. Well the seller didn’t paid and ebay’s customer service is worse than ever i have seen. They advised me that i’ll have to contact buyer by myself which i did. Upon my several messages, the buyer didn’t replied and ebay closed my case saying that my listing is more than three months old. No support from ebay whatsoever in contacting buyer from their behalf. Even though after providing proves from paypal. If you don’t want to support sellers than why You are charging hefty money as so called listing fees.

Wendy D.

Wendy D.Sydney, NSW

Fraudsters paradise

positivespirit1

positivespirit1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Corrupt practices

Australians are turning to Facebook Marketplace for a reason and that is Gumtree is where scammers reside without penalties and eBay is where they withhold your money for up to 21 days if you are a new seller. Sorry but eBay owns Gumtree and does nothing to stop criminal activity on the website. The Federal Government and Banks harbour criminal's money and try and get them to refund your money!!!!!!!!!!!

eBay is difficult to use and a chat line is so slow and time consuming. Forget eBay and Gumtree and turn to Facebook Marketplace where you get your money immediately, meet face to face and a proper transaction is enacted.

Robyn

RobynBallarat

eBay - your customer help is ZILCH!

Like most people, I've used eBay for years. I pay immediately, am polite in my dealings and have 100% positive reviews as a buyer. Recently I had problems with a refund/exchange for a hoodie when the wrong size was sent. The seller wasn't coming to the party and I found it IMPOSSIBLE to get help from eBay. Their suggestions for contacting them refer you back to the same sections and to click boxes that don't exist. Then they send you a message to say your case is "closed" when they don't follow up on what's occurred between buyer and seller. They're not interested and they don't care. Big wake up call. Shall not use eBay again unless it's for something I really need that I can't get elsewhere. Huge thumbs down to you, eBAY!

Abraham

AbrahamSydney, NSW

eBay has lost its values to its customers

Kevin

KevinPerth, WA

I Phone 6S refurbished

I ordered a refurbished IPhone6S 64G and received a 128G and set it up straight away and the battery went flat overnight without any use. have to charge it twice a day. went on ebay and submitted a contact request but received no reply from the seller about the problem and cannot contact them as the return time is apparently now closed. i now know never to buy second hand crap over EBay.
Kevin

kea

keaNew South Wales

DO NOT USE EBAY

I used to love ebay. The whole process went smoothly and if something wasn't sent a refund was given with no dramas. I have just had the run around with ebay and the seller. While it has worked out I will not be using ebay again. Of course ebay is going to side with a seller particularly if they are a high volume seller, its all about the money. They also don't publish negative reviews so that props up the percentage of good reviews so the seller looks better than they are. Somewhat shonky.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSydney, NSW

I will not use ebay again.

I use ebay for almost 10 years, buying and selling. However, I decided not to visit the ebay website from now on. They are not helping at all. I need to submit a request for return postage which I paid for and the seller did not response. That's why I turn to ebay for help. I have been going around the online chat agent but none of them solve my problem. When it was the last one, the agent simply said they could not help. Wow, OK. no more ebay for me. Terrible. What is buyer protection?

GTH

GTH

Ebay is terrible!! avoid at all costs!!

do not use, if you buy and nothing turns up you wont get your money back , policies are ther for ebay benefit only as is website support that never asks relavant questions, just there interpretation that is usually miles off the mark!!! cant stress enough buy elsewhere.

James M.

James M.Sydney, NSW

fast and reliable

I haven't had any issues at all with Ebay. Once required a refund from the a vendor and eBay was very professional in assisting with the refund through their portal.

Jess

JessSouth East Queensland, QLD

No contact help

Absolutely disgusting send you a round in circles. I will not be using them again as I've had a faulty item and they have sent the refund back on a wrong account and I cannot access the money I purchased on a credit card they should have refunded on the credit card not to PayPal

Wayne

WayneMelbourne

Treating both sellers and buyers like idiots at the moment

Aussiebloke34

Aussiebloke34Perth, WA

Used to be good, now.... no way

Paul795

Paul795Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

eBay well done

Bought item on eBay which came damage ,when contacted seller- had difficulties to settle dispute with them. After four days contacted eBay to step in and they did,dispute was settled in 24hours.

AMATS

AMATSMelbourne

Ebay Plus is a scam

John G

John GGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Too many scams now

Purchased a screen protector for my phone. Seller gives tracking number and never sends item. The seller keeps telling me to wait and wait, until 90 days passes. After 90 days, eBay no longer helps and I have no recourse for items not sent. Therefore there is a loophole that allows this scam. Seller tells people to wait and wait. Then after 90 days they stop replying to emails and eBay does not step in, hence Overseas sellers getting away with deceptions. There is simply no way to get justice. Consumer protection is non-existent on eBay. Buy at your own risk. If if something goes wrong, you are on your own. They used to be good back in the 2000’s now they cannot keep up or care with fraud.

Rob H.

Rob H.

Defective parts, zero customer service or responsibility!

Purchased a window regulator for my car, lasted about a dozen uses before failing, germanpartsaver-au refused to take responsibility by providing a replacement, they advertise as "premium quality aftermarket auto parts" but almost their whole range are cheap chinese knockoffs, spend your money elsewhere!

Susan H.

Susan H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Shocked

Shocked by the fees 2/5 of the sales,with postage fees as well,hard to take,shame.Recording good,not having much success with any of the online companies,drive you crazycant even send this message submit button not working

Robbed by Foxtel

Robbed by Foxtel

eBay. No pay? No Penalties.

Two sales. One over $500 (my son) the other over $2400 (me). Both buyers pulled out & did not want to pay. Both buyers outbid others, many times. There are little to no ramifications from eBay. What was once a respectable sales platform, is now fraught with non payment and wasted chances to sell. Avoid.

Melville S.

Melville S.asked

Why is E-Bay having double standards with Sanitisers? Just type sanitizers into the search field and there may for sale. How come we are not allowed to sell on E-Bay. This is double standards by Ebay.

KatieSarkis
KatieSarkis

It's to prevent price gouging. What happened in Australia was people were buying up all the face masks, toilet paper and hand sanitizers from the shops and then selling them online at super inflated prices to take advantage of the Covid19 crisis and make a huge profit.
The hoarding of products by certain groups of people meant that there were no products left for everyday people who needed the products to use - not to sell online and make a profit off. Unfortunately the greedy people ruined it for other sellers who genuinely wanted to sell their products on EBay at regular prices. After the crisis ends, I think EBay will allow sanitizers to be sold on their platform again although I don't know for sure. If Ebay is allowing some of their big sellers to sell hand sanitizers but not little sellers then that is obviously very unfair and you could challenge their decision by complaining to your countries consumer affairs department.

olivera

oliveraasked

what was everybody experiemce buying mobile phone on ebay is it safe or is better to stay away

micheal
micheal

all you really need to do is have a look at the all negative reviews about the scams & make up your own mind

Althom
Althom

Buying anything on eBay is a risk. It's full of scammers.

Bella
Bella

don't buy expensive goods on Ebay, you'll be scammed most likely.

Marie W.

Marie W.asked

Has anyone had messages from eBay asking for credit card details for a item that was never purchased.i have never brought anything off ebay

Fire4FX
Fire4FX

Sounds like a phishing scam. You can usually tell if you've opened the email & the reply email address looks like random text & appears dodgy.

john smith
john smith

its a scam its been going on for a while

Julian
Julian

Dodgy scam , a bit like eBay really. Used to be good before the scammers took over .