eBay

eBay

2.1 from 1,018 reviews

Beware of Ebay PLUS

Tried to sign up to ebay plus as they advertised a 10% discount coupon on sign up...thought I had signed up and tried to use the coupon for my purchase of $120 but it wouldnt work even though I tried multiple times. Looked in my emails but couldnt see anything to say I had signed up to ebay plus so thought it must not have worked...that was until a few days ago when ebay took $49 out of my account for my 'annual subscription' to ebay plus. I finally found one email in my junk email folder saying i was subscribed, but then 3 days after this email they sent me an email from ebay plus inviting me to be subscribed???? why would they invite me to subscribe to something i had apparently subscribed to 3 days prior???? so confusing! when i phoned up to get the payment reversed as i did not want to subscribe to ebay plus (i had not used any benefits, was not aware i was subscribed due to the confusing emails, and did not receive the 10% welcome discount) i spoke with a very rude lady who said it was my fault and they would not refund the payment. Usually my dealings with ebay in the past have been fairly good but it seems when you sign up to ebay plus you get the bonus of very rude, unhelpful and uncompromising customer support. Yay.

Store LocationeBay PLUS

I'm leaving!

What an absolute crap fight. First they take off our listings because they are apparently drugs of some sort. (Leather Cleaner). I have shown the documentation of the chemicals in the products and they still will not allow it.
Yet I sell my products to another seller on Ebay and he is allowed to sell on there with no problems. Our listings are exactly the same but in different areas.
Items were taken off 2 weeks ago and got a 30 day ban.
Just got another email from ebay to say I got another 30 day ban for listing the same product. I never did and explained to them that there are no listings for this as they took them off.
I have called numerous times and messaged them with little to no logical explanation about this.
Have also had an item removed because apparently someone reported it as being fake or counterfeit.
They are not. I can only guess another seller has reported it because I sell it a lot cheaper than they do.
Another bunch of wasted emails, phone calls and documents to prove I had the original products to them with no results.
I'm done with these people and there overpriced fees.

Avoid!!! nstry Avoid!!!

I ordered 18/3 estimated arrival 21/3 so I contacted nstry on ebay they were condescending in response's virtually lump it or like it! Now new date for arrival 27/3 shocking service!

Store Locationnstry online at eBay

Life is better without Ebay

Ebay sellers are very disappointing. The last 8 orders I received. I have to return 6 of them due to poor quality, faulty products, or damaged on delivery. When I complained and ask for a return as I cannot use it. Ebay gave me a refund and tell me to keep the items which I don't want to. It's useless. However, i have received an email from Ebay stating that they have noticed that I have been returning items and it's going to block my account if this continues. Of the items are good, why would I want to return it?

Store LocationMultiple stores

excellent product , delivery and instructions

I received my combo fridge seals from Airtight Seals straight away by express post and the instructions were correct and I fitted the seals as advised. No problems, good company.

Store LocationAirtight Seals

Seem to be in competition with EA for worst company

Flat out lie about policies, refused to provide contact information for an actual complaints department (apparently doesn't exist). Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Also refused to escalate my issue and then cancelled the chat window after waiting less than 2 minutes for me to respond. eBay don't care about your business, so don't bother with theirs.

Store LocationeBay Online

System glitches and poor customer service.

Just wasted an hour of my life disputing that I received a confirmation of my order that I was waiting on. No goods,no solution just a hollow “sorry...” and told to buy locally.

Do not buy phones from bigyard

The first phone lasted 2 weeks before it died. I tried to factory reset nothing would work .
The phone was sent back and after waiting 2 weeks they sent another phone .
This phone lasted 2 days and the screen failed .
I sent this phone back 2 weeks latter the next phone arrived it has failed after 6 months .
now they do not return messages .
Do not buy phones from bigyard
The mobile phone is advertised as brand new , they are recondition phones .
Bigyard should be removed from ebay .

Ebay are thieves

I paid for the same product twice on EBay. After 4 months and not receiving the product I complained to EBay that I'd been ripped off. Their response was that I'm not getting a refund and my order didn't fall under their refund policy! Their products are a scam and you're bound to be scammed! Never using this site again and would never recommend it. Ebay sucks!

E Bay Seller AtoZ Online Gear Faulty Product Issue Never Resolvex

E Bay Seller AtoZ Online Gear- I purchased a TV Kodi Box from an E Bay Seller AtoZ Onlinr Gear which was faulty. I returned the product immediately and but they never resolved the issue. I paid over $100 for this unit so I am out of pocket $100 whilst these scammers are still selling product on E Bay. I tried to contact the seller to resolve the issue but to no avail. I tried to resolve the issue through E Bay but to no avail. I will never purchase an item through E Bay again! Absolutely disgusted by this appalling behaviour!!!!!! John Christou

Ebay Fees and Taxes on the sale of second hand clothes !!!

I sold two (2) pairs of jeans on ebay - one pair for $15 and one paid for $20. Postage was $25.70
The taxes and fees were as follow:-

New fees

Total Non-Taxable amount AU $25.70
Total Taxable amount AU $6.63
GST at a rate of 10% AU $0.66

Total Current Invoice Amount AU $32.99

Was it worth selling on ebay - definitely not

la-meva-casa.com.au

ordered 2 bamboo door curtains .....paid immediately...cannot get in contact with the operators la-meva-casa.com.au ...will not answer texts, phone calls or emails...apparently out of stock and no idea from them when they will be despatched...would not reccomend

as a seller - to be avoided at all costs

You will get nothing but the worst from ebay if you are a seller. Ebay sides with a dodgy buyer who lies, cheats and bullies until they get their way. Ebay joins in the circus by sending you whatever dodgy request the lying buyer makes like demanding I hand over the personal information of gift givers. As a long term user of ebay I have decided to leave and just put my beautifully kept furniture in landfill instead of dealing with lying cheats on ebay only to have ebay go along and bully me.

ebay say one thing, do another..

so im an Ebay seller, have been for the last 3 years, with over 3000 sales.. so a while ago started posting items via mail, which kept busting open in Australia post processing facilities (they contact me), as I was told not to send them this way I had to cancel order's, to which it is held against my account for 12 MONTHS !! I've been selling "under standard" for the last year which has hurt my sales drastically... I get messages from ebay how im "improving" and then they slap more restrictions on my account.... now im getting messages saying I need to improve when in a few weeks I will be reassess as "above standard" ... also the fact that you need to have under 0.5% transation defect rate.. is obviously aimed for Ebays benefit...not to mention the "closed cases without seller resolution" under 0.3% ... and the customer support ebay offers is an ABSOLUTE JOKE, they can't do crap all that the ebay seller can't do already... pretty redundant system...

Did Not Receive My Order Or Offered My Money Back

This was a complete calamity. I never received my order (which was a gift for my son) and spent many hours contacting the courier company and Australia post to get a resolve. eBay kept closing my case without giving me the opportunity to give my account of events. My order went missing, but unfortunately the tracking information stated it was delivered to address other than recipient (which obviously was not me), and was not delivered. But because it stated delivered, that was all they needed to close my case, again and again and again. This order was coming from the US, so I was dealing eBay US and eBay Australia would not get involved. So I felt there was bias towards the seller because he/she was based in the Us and I was in Australia. I have been with eBay since 2013 and never had any issues or complaints. So thank you eBay for nothing, I have no gift for my son and no refund. So much for the eBay Money Back Guarantee Program.

Below is what ebay sent to me:

I know how it feels to wait for the item that you purchased. I understand how important it is to receive the item or get your money back. I'll be glad to help you.
After a thorough review I found out that your post office only received papers instead of the actual item. With that, I took the initiative to change the "Item not received" case to a "Return Request" on your behalf for you to get a full refund from the seller and for you not to go through the hassle of creating the case. By opening the right case, it doesn't mean that you need to return the papers but for us to provide an appropriate resolution. You will receive an email stating that the case has been closed in your seller's favor please disregard that.
Once a request is open, the seller has 3 business days to respond. There's nothing to worry about as your are fully covered by our eBay Money Back Guarantee Program. If after 3 business days the seller hasn't replied or you have not been able to resolve the issue, you can ask eBay to step in as early as February 09, 2019 so we can take action on the case.

Here's how to ask eBay to step in and help:

In the Purchase history section of My eBay, find the item that is not as described.
Click the See request details button (this might be under the link for More actions).
Choose the option that says Ask us to step in and help, then click Continue.
Select your reason for asking eBay to step in, and add any details that we might need to know when reviewing your case.
Click Ask us to step in. - This did not work, as there was no request details button, only a see returns details, which took me around in circles. So I could not ask for eBay to step in, but the seller did and my case was then closed.

No protection for sellers

I help my housemate with his ebay account due to learning disabilities, and this is about his account. Today he got notified by eBay that he is no longer allowed to sell on eBay due to his Seller Performance. He has been selling cd's on eBay for about 12 years. Recently, he has had some dodgy buyers who refused to pay for tracking (we always give them an option of tracking, around $33 or economy, $7.50, for overseas postage), and claimed the item was never received. We always take photos to prove we sent the items, but eBay require tracking to be able to consider favouring the seller, otherwise it automatically goes in the buyers favour. The last case, we caught the buyer lying as he said he hasn't received the item, and it did not have tracking. I asked how he knew there was no tracking if he hasn't received the item, and he quickly changed his story. We spoke to eBay recently, and a supervisor gave us a workaround for this scenario: we can message the winner of the auction, let them know that, if they do not pay for tracking, we are not liable if the item goes missing, and if they agree, we will not be responsible in the eyes of eBay. However, we have only been given 1 or 2 weeks to be able to trial this before his account got restricted. Long story short, eBay are allowing buyers to pretend they didn't receive the item and get a refund, even when sellers can prove they sent the item to the buyer. Honestly, I don't know anyone who would pay $33 for tracking on a cd they won for $1. There are other sites out there who are much lower in fees, and much fairer with disputes, but they aren't as well known as eBay, so it will take longer to sell.

EDIT: We have been trying to resolve this almost every day since the account was restricted, and keep finding more and more ways that eBay are useless. Firstly, the details that lead to the account restriction have apparently been "deleted" (I have a chat transcript of a supervisor saying this), so they can't tell us exactly why the restriction occurred. They won't accept the possibility that an error has caused the restriction. On top of this, the Seller Performance Policy states "The defect rate won't affect your status until you have transactions with defects with at least 5 different buyers (at least 4 different buyers to impact Top Rated status) within your evaluation period", yet there was only ONE buyer during the evaluation period which resulted in a "defect". Also, according to eBay, a transaction is ONE listing. If someone buys 10 items from you, pays them together on one invoice, and says they didn't receive the items, this results in 10 cases against you. I'm going to be speaking to Fair Trading about this, and taking this higher, as it is extremely unfair that they can go against their own policy, and say that I'M the one in the wrong.

Rude customer service. Won't be using eBay anymore

Sold item. Buyer changed mind and sent in false photos and won case. EBay decoded I'm favour of buyer. Had item returned. Have now lost money on postage as well as an item that was not in the condition I had sent. Dirty and stained! So angry! It is used and EBay does not protect sellers. Customer service is rude and disrespectful and patronising. Does not even care or want to listen to facts on your case. Just pulls out some rubbish lines protecting buyers. It's a loose loose of you are a seller. Don't sell. Better yet. Don't use eBay. The money isn't worth having to deal with eBay and it's incompetent staff and process. You'll be in the minus at the end of the day due to having to cover postage cost.

Turned off eBay

Thought I was buying from a Aussie seller. Was buying ryobi batteries but have since found out they direct from China I bet they are have not passed Australian standards could catch on fire anything could happen. eBay need to stop this its a problem

Paypal does not keep its promises and does not meet australian consumer law

I purchased a remote control car from Ebay, and purposefully picked a seller that said they were in Australia. The car did not have a working charger for the battery when it arrived. I contacted Paypal, as I used them for the payment, and was told to mail back the car and I would be paid a full refund plus up to $45 of postage costs.
When I looked up the mailing address for the seller of the car it turned out to be an address in China.
To get the refund and and payment for postage I had to provide proof of the item being mailed back. Due to having to post it back to China postage cost $65.
I ended up getting a refund for the $66 I had spent on the car but could not find a way on the Paypal website to get a refund for the promised $45, despite it costing me more. I phoned paypal to see how I could claim the postage and got an extremely rude person who said Paypal did not have to reimburse the postage, despite it being required by Australian consumer law and having an email saying they would pay up to $45, and that I would receive nothing. The rude Paypal person said I should have weighed up the costs of sending back the car, given that I only effectively got $1 back, before I posted. He also said I could report Paypal to the authorities but they still would not reimburse the postage.
You cannot trust Ebay or paypal

No customer service whatsoever

Have had a couple of issues with dodgy (Chinese) products purchased via Ebay, thinking that there was buyer protection. Both instances have had an end result of me being ripped off by the seller & Ebay always taking the sellers side, while acknowledging that the Seller has been in the wrong. Their online chats assuring me of things being looked after correctly once I lodged return request & refunds to be forthcoming, including refunds for freight on returns being paid by me & never being reimbursed. Ebay has lost me as a customer. Absolutely disgusted.