eBay

eBay

2.0 from 1,296 reviews

• Used service as a:Buyer (165) · Seller (56)

Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

I got fleeced

I got fleeced by a doctor (eBay username thing02),

Sold him a Dehumidifier with a Daily Moisture Removal Capacity of 600mL/24Hours 20% (at 30C, 80%RH) he opened a return request and said it was defective because it didn't remove 1100mL while he was having a shower with it I tried to explain to him that, that is well beyond It's capabilities but he didn't care so I ask eBay to step in (Big mistake) and they gave him a full refund without even talking to me and let him keep the item so I tried to appeal it and all I got was-

"After reviewing this case, we decided to keep the original outcome. We weren't able to grant your appeal because we determined the original decision was correct."

LuckyCountry

LuckyCountryAU

Customer support failure

I ordered a set of laser printer toners which I never received. The delivery address was my PO Box. Sender claims goods were sent, claims a card was left & has refused to refund my purchase price. Ebay was totally useless in either getting the item resent or getting me a refund. They say how you are protected but when it comes to the crunch ebay just fobs you off & leaves you to hang out to dry! Very disappointed.........

MrsThrifty

MrsThriftySouth East Queensland, QLD

Found it almost impossible to change credit card details. So I quit.

What a god-awful website ebay is, when it comes time to updating new credit card details! I spent more than half an hour, trying to do it on my phone. In the end, I was unable to do it, gave up in total frustration, & deleted my account. If online businesses can't provide someone like me (who is tech challenged), with an easy, simple, menu to navigate my way around, then I don't bother with them anymore. Simple as that. I had great delight in deleting my account. I did this with Netflix, too. And I'll do it with others. In this day & age, how hard is it to provide customers with easy, user friendly, interfaces? I'm going back to bricks & mortar shopping. And if I can't find what I want that way, I'll go without.

AP47

AP47Hobart

eBay are incredibly difficult to deal with and don't honour their promotions

Used service as a:Buyer

eBay removes negative feedback left by buyers

I have left greengadgets negative feedback for 2 items and eBay has removed my feedback. I also noticed that other negative feedback gets removed. Green gadgets are dishonest they sell faulty products. eBay is supporting dishonest sellers. I left negative feedback instead of getting a refund because I was not at all happy with the sellers lies. They state that every device is rigorously tested before selling if that was true I would not have received a faulty device. Another device was sold with a battery that did not perform well and did not hold charge for a full day with minimal use iPhone 6. Avoid eBay as the whole feedback system is corrupt as eBay removes most negative feedback.

Zac S

Zac SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Seller account suspended because scamming buyers claim short.

Ebay is the most disgusting and unlawful online marketplace together with Amazon. They steal your money and give it away to fraudulent buyers. If you refuse to go along with making scammers happy, they silently shut you down. This is similar to mafia operated enterprise. My account was shut down because few scammers reported me falsely to Ebay about not refunding them but they received the goods. Don't use Ebay whatsover.

Used service as a:Seller

Paid for item and never received it

Warning, do not buy anything from SPORTGOGO on ebay. they took $118 of my money for an item that was never delivered. They are stonewalling me now, ebaypaypal wont help.

Scammers supporting scammers

Was offerred a refund by a seller on the 14th a week after the item didnt turn up. I accepted and asked for the refund earlier anyway and then the seller sent the item on the 17th without giving a refund and Ebay staff will not give the refund and say I have to accept it.. Ebay staff are just as illogical and will lie and scam you just like the chinese sellers on here that pretend to live in Australia. I will never use Ebay again because they support lying and scamming people.

Gazman

GazmanNorth Queensland, QLD

Poor Quality Item.

Con G

Con G

Site full of scammers.

Kapa

KapaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Seller scammed me and ebay won't do anything

eBay won't do anything because it's past 30 days. I have contacted Google regarding my Google Pixel I purchased from Ebay seller big_yard who stated it was "New and sealed". It was sealed, however, I found through Google customer support that the device was in fact out of warranty before I purchased it, so clearly it had been used. The seller won't respond.

eBay previously said they would contact the seller and urge them to respond (this was about a year after I purchased the product) and when I contacted eBay again to tell them I haven't received a response, they told me they won't do anything.

Connie

ConnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

eBay STALL SALES Unless you are MASSIVE Store!!!

eBay stall sales to sellers i have never seen this in my life, you could make 100+ sales a week only a year or so back NOW lucky if you see one sale in the week. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING eBay why? if we don't make sales you dont make money! We will need to close now cant make money on one sale a week.
HOW can eBay NOT see NO sales to sellers is NO Fees TO eBay? Dumb! Now we have a ton of stock we can't sell. I wonder how many are affected and have no sales?

sailorsam

sailorsamSydney

eBay designed by morons

Who ever does system design for eBay should be shot.
They ask you to leave Feedback for bought items, then expect you to sign in to do it, when you are already signed in!
Unbelievably stupid.

Luke Lam

Luke Lam

Nightmare selling with EBAY openly assist buyer stealing.

headsydney

Goods being shipped from china

I ordered a item which was supposed to be Australia stock,
Waited for delivery and the seller cancelled the order "said lost in post".
I suspect it was coming out of China and supplies has either dried up or thecorona virus has had a effect on shipping? Who knows.
The seller said I cancelled the order?No Chinese seller you asked me to accept a refund as it was lost.
Talk about nonsense

head

How can a reviewer see the amount of reviews read by people?

mark travis

mark travisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Blown away

All the negativity is unwarranted. I got on chat after a 20% off code wouldn’t work for the product I wanted. After 10 minutes, they provided a $40 voucher to cover the loss. Really can’t ask for more than that. Great service. Thank you Keera.

Marko

MarkoBrisbane

Last time with Ebay

Ordered a cctv home system from Casperi UK, btw the company is a fraud. Part of the equipment was faulty, the hard disk did not work, Casperi UK did not bother to return an email so did Ebay, basically they said I should return the whole system back to the provider but they don’t guarantee money return. Shopped on Ebay last time and never again.

George

GeorgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inverter Claimed on eBay to be pure sine wave but it is a low quality square wave.

The eBay store advertise kesge inverter as pure sine wave inverter. The reality it is a cheap square wave inverter. I even emailed the seller who confirmed it is a pure sine wave. They have a lot of inverters on eBay claiming they are pure so he wave but they are not. Do not waste your money on these

no protection for sellers

their policies are horrible...

my phone was purchased and before shipping it i went to purchase a replacement.
after everything the buyer decided not to carry on with the transaction hence didnt pay.
ebay provided no support or options and advise to endlessly wait or cancel my transaction

terrible service and zero protection, i dont recommend anybody using these guys to sell.

Jonius7

Jonius7AU

Great for buying technology for the lowest price

headasked

Where and how do you see how many views on your reviews?

Marie W.

Marie W.asked

Has anyone had messages from eBay asking for credit card details for a item that was never purchased.i have never brought anything off ebay

Fire4FX
Fire4FX

Sounds like a phishing scam. You can usually tell if you've opened the email & the reply email address looks like random text & appears dodgy.

john smith
john smith

its a scam its been going on for a while

Julian

Dodgy scam , a bit like eBay really. Used to be good before the scammers took over .

Len1010asked

Why does E-bay mark items as being delivered when tracking clearly shows the items being in another town?

Len1010

Why does E-Bay show items as being AUSTRALIAN STOCK when they come from China.

lovemyhome
lovemyhome

It's not eBay that marks it Delivered, it's the courier. eBay just shows you what online tracking says.

@ Len1010,
Tax avoidance scam to save the 10% GST which applies to products sent from overseas, eg. from China as well as taking advantage of low postage charges. If you take a look at Aus Post domestic charges you quickly realize that expecting to buy an item for under 10 bucks locally with free delivery include is not realistic.
With most Chinese made products Aust based sellers either buy in bulk from Alibaba and try to compete with Chinese based sellers or for low volume items they order from AliExpress and item is shipped directly to you.
May as well cut out the middleman and order directly from China. ;-)