eBay

2.0 from 1,227 reviews

Rach48

Rach48Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nonsense.

Deleted my account many months ago, yet I am still receiving bloody spam emails from them! Clicked unsubscribe so many times now already. How is it they still have my personal details after completely deleting my account?

Sellers, stick to Facebook marketplace as they do not have a nonsense amount of fees like eBay and PayPal does. Buyers, please do the same. I also recommend making purchases off Amazon as well as Facebook marketplace.

Stay away from eBay please.

Polly

Polly

No money back guarantee

John

JohnSydney

0 rating for eBay

I purchased a item and seller advised item was shipped and delivered.
I contacted eBay and they advised me to take it up with the courier company.
Courier company advised item was delivered and signed for.
How absurd, I was home on the day and time of delivery and no one knocked or left a package at the door.
I asked eBay for my money back guarantee and they refused.
I contacted my bank and have asked for a chargeback.
Unproffesional customer service from eBay courier company and PayPal.

Emmanuel

EmmanuelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Went from eBay to shopping on Amazon

Stop forcing me to buy something, just because I commit to buying an item, doesn't mean I can't change my mind about it. This is so stupid, you want me to talk to customer service about a product, I haven't paid for?

I've not shop on ebay for years guess i'll continue to shop on amazon

JC50

JC50Melbourne

Bunch of crooks and thieves

What an absolute rort ebay is. Their fees are a joke, 10% of your sale including the postage!!! The postage has nothing to do with you yet they factor this into your sale price. Ebay is a mugs game period. Ill never use this scam again and advise everyone to avoid these filthy criminals.

Shammi

ShammiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Break Every Australian Consumer Law

Bunch of scary idiots who want people to buy goods without seeing. It cause problems for the buyer and seller as if the item is not what the person want then it can be returned and what a waste of time for both parties.. Further forces people to use their own payment platform of Paypal which they both take heavy commissions. Where is ACCC and ASIC?

oliver.brown.5059

oliver.brown.5059Newcastle, New South Wales

They sit back and count their money

I use EBay much less after being sold a fake item.
I paid by PayPal which did not cover me because I had sent back the item to the seller - as per terms and conditions - and not used registered post. I told the wife to use registered but she didn't so thats $900 in the hole. I had the proof of postage label, address and details but they let this person keep on selling fakes and 5 or 6 other people got strung looking at the negative reviews that came up. I also could not adjust my initial positive review after I discovered the item was fake despite every attempt. Ebay were could not have cared less. I use them 80% less now so screw them - they have lost money.

Prozac100mg

Prozac100mgSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam Ebay Plus: Wasted 4 hrs on a Saturday

4 hrs wasted and no resolution, their Black Friday promotional sale of airpods advertised for 1300, I waited from 1245, with frequent screen refreshes and no opportunity to buy advertised product, call centre inferred that I was stupid as other people purchased same. The next advertised sale time was 1600, I sat by my computer at 1445 and the item came back on sale at 1500, stated 2 airpods had been sold and the seller was sold out, where were the 98 advertised airpods.

Sarah Jean

Sarah JeanBruce 2617, ACT

If I ever have to contact Ebay again in this lifetime it will be too soon

A word does not exist for how bad ebay is at customer service. In fact their department should be renamed "customer disservice" or "abuse" or "Time-wasting".
Online chat. Great feature. Operated by unqualified, untrained illiterate people.
Call Centre. Located in India, Africa, anywhere you guess but nowhere near you. And the call centre agents have enough brains to hold a conversation but not much else, except lie and treat you as a incompetent.
For a 21st Century company ebay's SOPs, customer service and customer contacts wouldn't be out of place in the dark ages. Only difference, without internet and the way they treat their customers they would have gone bankrupt within weeks of starting!

Matthewm8

Matthewm8Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome

Ebay is the best and always will be. Its great for both sellers and buyers. The feedback system is good and you're mostly covered if something goes wrong like getting scammed. There are scammers, people selling fake items, etc but you learn how to avoid this from experience.

Jman108

Jman108Melbourne

Annoying service

Horrible system detected ME logging in to MY account and locked me out after calling it suspicious for trying to buy windscreen wiper blades. Then chat help couldn't help and instead was directed to the customer time wasting hotline.

The worst is eBay

The worst is eBay.. Dont buy from them....They will steal your money .I had my worst experiences in my life with eBay.
I advise everyone do not buy from them.You will regret.

raybies

raybiesSydney

eBay stole my money for their eBay Plus Scam

I use the trial. I cancelled. Then I tried to cancel my account but I was always greeted with a message saying "We're making some updates and will be back soon. Thanks for your patience. In the meantime, please use our A-Z index of help topics.". Paypal have denied my refund request, and ebay are happy they stole $49

Avoid Ebay dishonest seller - Scams

• +2

Can't simply say Yes or No

Ebay offers million of goods, full of decent sellers. You can have great experience there, especially buying a great bargain locally. On the other hand, Ebay also have lots of dishonored sellers and frauds.
I'v done hundreds of transactions on ebay. Tips: Keep you eyes sharply open. Good luck!

Awais Mahmood

Awais MahmoodSydney, NSW

One of the worst place to do bussiness.

Don't trust them don't invest your money as a seller on eBay they have selected policies. They don't care about your bussiness they are gready for money customer service is very unprofasional and rude

GAZ

GAZ

Ebay Buyer

Very Happy Ebay Customer and have bought many, many items. Its a great place to buy hard to find things. If I have a problem with seller (which is not often) Ebay customer service fix the problem easily and give a prompt refund if it can't be sorted with the seller direct. So i feel confident when shopping on Ebay and will continue to in the future! Always look at sellers Rating and stick to the 100% or close to perfect sellers.

Angel

20 year Ebay customer has had enough

Addie

AddieCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Perfect place to buy

I am really surprised to see so many negative reviews. I suppose people tend to leave reviews when they are unsatisfied, satisfied buyers unfortunately leave much fewer reviews. I have bought over 60 items on Ebay, and have not had any issues at all. I mostly buy from Australia, but have also purchased from Chinese sellers. Never had any issues, rarely when an item did not exactly match the description etc (normally from Chinese sellers), I was offered a partial refund/ discount, which when applied to already very cheap price tag was making the purchase a bargain. My advice would be to only buy from Sellers with 95% and higher positive rating if you are trying to minimise the risk.

Marie W.

Marie W.asked

Has anyone had messages from eBay asking for credit card details for a item that was never purchased.i have never brought anything off ebay

Fire4FX
Fire4FX

Sounds like a phishing scam. You can usually tell if you've opened the email & the reply email address looks like random text & appears dodgy.

john smith
john smith

its a scam its been going on for a while

Julian

Dodgy scam , a bit like eBay really. Used to be good before the scammers took over .

Len1010asked

Why does E-bay mark items as being delivered when tracking clearly shows the items being in another town?

Len1010

Why does E-Bay show items as being AUSTRALIAN STOCK when they come from China.

lovemyhome
lovemyhome

It's not eBay that marks it Delivered, it's the courier. eBay just shows you what online tracking says.

@ Len1010,
Tax avoidance scam to save the 10% GST which applies to products sent from overseas, eg. from China as well as taking advantage of low postage charges. If you take a look at Aus Post domestic charges you quickly realize that expecting to buy an item for under 10 bucks locally with free delivery include is not realistic.
With most Chinese made products Aust based sellers either buy in bulk from Alibaba and try to compete with Chinese based sellers or for low volume items they order from AliExpress and item is shipped directly to you.
May as well cut out the middleman and order directly from China. ;-)

Tiny.w

Tiny.wasked

is it safe to get an iphone from ebay? who has got one from ebay?

V.conn
V.conn

I bought one 2 years ago from eBay it was fine maybe had some refurbished parts. It just depends on who you buy off

Len1010

Three years ago Fine But from my recent bad dealings I would advise you to look elsewhere.

Gaz
Gaz

It seems that some overseas companies say they are in Australia and clearly not from my experience so no I wouldnt