eBay

eBay

2.0 from 1,334 reviews

• Used service as aBuyer (192) · Seller (66)

Louise M.

Louise M.Perth, WA

Don't buy autopstorey (449) toilet paper

I purchased two packs of toilet paper from autopstorey(449) in March. I paid $44.00 Australian. The photo they showed of the product was totally deceptive -what you actually receive is two small packages with 12 tiny rolls of toilet paper in each. Won't be buying from them ever again

EJH

EJHSydney, NSW

False advertisement

I am sick to death of international sellers saying the item comes from Australia when it actually comes from overseas. I will not be purchasing anything from ebay ever again no matter how much cheaper it is compared to say amazon. Middle finger to you lying sneaky international sellers

Neil

Neil

Crap when it comes to Toilet paper.

I have had been advised that two orders placed through eBay have a problem with the seller. And that I may or may not get the goods. And that I can apply to eBay for refund but I should also ask my credit card company.

Pearl M.

Pearl M.

eBay 5stars

Reliable place to buy and sell.
Refund assured if product disatisfaction occurs.
Payment protection applys.
The best way to buy products from all over the world. Competive pricing. Maxamised consumer choice.
Best online market place!!!

Kim

KimAU

unfair new rules for small sellers and bad customer service

Ebay Australia sucks, they have a new rule where if someone buys from you, and you are a casual or new seller (don't have a full on store), they will immediately hold the funds from you until the item is delivered. And now their customer service rep has ignored me in the middle of a chat session where I'm trying to ask more questions about it.
Totally unfair to do this to casual sellers, and not big businesses, especially in this time with corona virus where many of us are losing hours/days at work or our jobs completely.

Used service as aSeller

some unsafe products on eBay

On 10 Mar 2020 I purchased 50 surgical masks on eBay. The seller pretends to be a local supply, but actually comes from China. Seller says the local delivery is few days. But after 12 day I still haven't receiving the item. I made the" Not Receiving The Delivery" claim on eBay. 5 days after the claim I received the parcel but it does not match the description as No Package. As eBay policy I can make one claim for one purchase only so I can not open the " Not Match Description" case. I lost $59 for nothing. Who dares to use masks from China without packaging and without trademark and with strange smell? Why eBay can't stop this kind of obvious commercial fraud?

Sofia19

Sofia19Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

How the mighty have fallen

Tim

TimMid North Coast, NSW

Pathetic

eBay and PayPal obviously run by the same incompetent people.
Really gone down hill they’ve taken so many items off my purchase list so I can’t check or message the seller
And refunding money you makes you feel your jumping through tiny hoops

ROBERT STUTSEL

ROBERT STUTSEL

Dispute resolution is none existent. Poor communication.

I saw an ad. on Ebay for two items advertised together. One was an edge trimmer for melamine board and the other was an end [or corner] trimmer for melamine board. Two items in photo. Two items described.
I did receive the first item but not the second item. The seller then sent me photos and description of the first item. It is not the value of the item that concerns me, Ebay does not read your comments. They hope that the seller will come good. I am now very wary of Ebay whereas before, I had a lot of trust in them. Of course, the item was from China and of course, you cannot contact Ebay as usual.

SamSydney, NSW

eBay has gone down hill in quality of service and functionality

- eBay allows sellers to disguise their locations,
- eBay comms to update sellers and buyers on changes to status of sales or purchases is gravely lacking.
- eBay customer service reps don’t know the eBay product at all

lrok

lrokSydney, NSW

Not happy

I use to be a massive eBay shopper and seller but after my last experience I won't be rushing back onto the site! I got charged ridiculous amount of fees which I did get most refunded to me but the experience was a bit draining and 1 of the ladies I was talking to I felt was not empathetic.

Minty

MintyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Thanks to Ebay

Got a range of products online all sorts of clothes, shoes cosmetics home stuffs baby stuffs car products food perfume outdoor garden ornaments underwear disposable products kitchen stuffs electronics electrical and much more.

Nick

NickBrisbane

Fake location sellers enabled by eBay still despite record ACCC fines.

Lax

Lax

Dodgy sellers, giving wrong locations and information on product

I had bought on mask $37.56 as it was told that it will be reached in 2 days from NSW,Australia. The product infact was chinese and was coming from china. After almost a month , product did not reach.
Seller is <<dreamy_astele>> . Please do not buy this . There is lot of misleading information from this seller.

Zars Dale

Zars DaleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Asians bulk buying & selling on eBay at inflated prices

Asians are buying up in bulk and selling cleaning items plus other things on eBay at huge prices. I.E Glen 20 can bwt 30-86 a can. This should be stopped by eBay, but they just want the fees so are letting this happen. So disgusting I am lost for words.

Alex W.

Alex W.Sydney, NSW

Been good for years

I’ve used eBay many times over the years and have generally had a good experience. I’ve had a couple of small low value items arrive that have not been as described, but on raising a dispute through eBay they have me an instant refund without having to return the item.

Jodes

JodesWestern Australia

No responsibility, no action on dodgy sellers

Oh the number of times I got scammed because let us be candid, sellers BUY reviews now with bribery. And each and every time, eBay says 'oh yes, there are consequences for these sellers' and yet weeks, months later those same dodgy sellers are still trading as normal. eBay would be a great and safe place to shop if only they did actually hold the bad ones accountable. Instead, they just simper and promise consequences where there are none because what matters to eBay, in the end, is them getting their fee cuts.

Sam

Poor conduct on behalf of eBay by encouraging the sale of hand sanitiser and toilet paper

Despite the global panic and shortage that hits the vulnerable first, eBay is contributing and profiteering from this unfair price gouging. Hand sanitiser and other items are sold at x10 the price. They claimed that they had stopped new listings of these products, but hey just look at the screenshot.

Melba A

Melba ASydney, NSW

Allowing people to sell toilet paper in Australia during these strange times is disgusting

Those of us that live in Sydney, Australia right now has seen and experienced first hand the insanity that is our current toilet paper famine. It sounds absurd but it is a reality and this tissue is of importance to all. But you’ve got these fool hoarders who have decided to sell a pack of toilet rolls on EBay and the ridiculous and offensive part of it is that the EBay platform has allowed the vermin to capitalise on it, whilst others truly suffer to source “dunny paper”
Well done EBay , you are useless and to the sellers of toilet paper,I hope your homes flood and your toilet paper stash is destroyed

Marc

Marc

Seller friendly not buyer

Dont use ebay. Seller friendly not buyer. Even seller send purchase lately there is not much buyer can do. Use amazone. Ebay failed manage btw seller and buyer. If they closed case there is not much buyer can do. And they dont even explain about their decision. If they say I wasnt wrong you are not allowed refund or something. That's is all. You can easily lose your money.

olivera

oliveraasked

what was everybody experiemce buying mobile phone on ebay is it safe or is better to stay away

micheal
micheal

all you really need to do is have a look at the all negative reviews about the scams & make up your own mind

Marie W.

Marie W.asked

Has anyone had messages from eBay asking for credit card details for a item that was never purchased.i have never brought anything off ebay

Fire4FX
Fire4FX

Sounds like a phishing scam. You can usually tell if you've opened the email & the reply email address looks like random text & appears dodgy.

john smith
john smith

its a scam its been going on for a while

Julian

Dodgy scam , a bit like eBay really. Used to be good before the scammers took over .

Len1010asked

Why does E-bay mark items as being delivered when tracking clearly shows the items being in another town?

Len1010

Why does E-Bay show items as being AUSTRALIAN STOCK when they come from China.

lovemyhome
lovemyhome

It's not eBay that marks it Delivered, it's the courier. eBay just shows you what online tracking says.

@ Len1010,
Tax avoidance scam to save the 10% GST which applies to products sent from overseas, eg. from China as well as taking advantage of low postage charges. If you take a look at Aus Post domestic charges you quickly realize that expecting to buy an item for under 10 bucks locally with free delivery include is not realistic.
With most Chinese made products Aust based sellers either buy in bulk from Alibaba and try to compete with Chinese based sellers or for low volume items they order from AliExpress and item is shipped directly to you.
May as well cut out the middleman and order directly from China. ;-)