Echo GT-22GES

Echo GT-22GES

Echo Gt 22GES

Bought one, every good as reviews stated. I find it easy to both start and use. reloading string is easy, its weight is reasonable, and the service when I bought it in Forrestfield was excellent. I am happy to recommend it too anyone buying a new whipper snipper. It Japanese!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Excellent quality and value

Very impressed with this line trimmer, easy starting and very ergonomic to use. For the money it is the best product in that price range of smaller line trimmers.
Made in Japan and the build quality reflects this compared with the other big brand units that have gone the cheaper too manufacture option and lower quality standards.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

I named my New Echo Whipper Snipper Politician because I Know it will work TIRELESSLY for Me..?

YesSiree I bought myself one of these babies 2 hours ago, it started first go by the salesman @ Townsville Mowers & yessiree it purred like a kitten & has 5 years WARRANTY as well & I have not used it yet, no siree but will do so tomorrow, it was recommended to me by Dave, my Mower man on Fulham Rd Heatley, TROPICAL LAWN MOWERS & REPAIRS have been using Daves Mower repairs for 10 years & there is no better.
I Gave it 5 Star Rating if Dave says it`s good, that`ll Do Me.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great bent shaft line trimmer I ever have.

This is our third line trimmer and we finally got the right one. Purchased at the end of January 2018 from Western Mowers & Chainsaws at Toongabbie as recommended by the guy there. He was professional and helpful, doing the right thing for customer.
The trimmer is easy to use, starts everytime without issue. It is perfect for small to medium size yard. One thing I should highlight is that the line replacement is soooo easy, unlike other trimmers.
This is a highly recommended line trimmer.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Mine lasted 10 years over 500 hours

Very happy only had to replace the coil that was faulty but still under warranty,I used it for commercial sometimes 10 hours a day 5 hours most days.
Best Snipper it cuts really well,very light weight for long big jobs. Perfect for commercial or non-commercial sniping.
I would buy another one in a heart beat soon I got a spare $500.

Date PurchasedMay 2008

5 Year warranty? Can't go wrong!

Only owned for a month now but more than happy with its performance thus far.
The reviews on this site attracted me to this model of Echo and once I saw the 5 year warranty and for sale for under $250 it was a no brainer!
Not as loud or heavy on vibration as other 2 stokes I've used so very happy.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

OMG Awesome

I am more than happy with my new Echo weedeater. It cuts like a dream, is light enough to carry around and do the work. It is the Easiest I have ever started every time. I have acreage and have used many different sorts over the years and this is the best by far. I had never heard of Echo before but shopped around and bought it with the 5yr warranty and excellent customer service from the Graden Shed Rockhampton and LOVE IT :)

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Petfect

Great choice glad I spent the extra money. Great quality, work great, easy to start and easy to put the line on too. Just what I wanted, easy to use. The guy in the shop gave me a demo and it started easy first time, putting the line on is so much easier than my old one.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

echo brand trimmers and blowers .

have tried a lot of other brands and none of them even come close to this brand of trimmers and blowers . bought mine from Reynella Mowers and More .A full 5year warranty as well as high quality workmanship makes these products a worthwhile purchase ,have worked my trimmer hard and have had no problems at all, have not had to replace any parts as yet do not expect to in the near future , they are easy to start and reasonably lightweight to use, would not say they are quiet but are within the limits of tolerance ,

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Not discontinued in Adelaide

Not discontinued in Adelaide , here in adel shops have them from $199 to $ 299 , depending on where you shop , ring around, me seaton mowers $199 , great trimmer light , quiet , easy change head , happy as and 5 year warranty , only time will tell , I have 5 years coverage , so cool bananas .........

Date PurchasedNov 2016

The Best Money can Buy, Second to NONE!

So happy with this unit, starts first time every time with ease even after 6 months, wow.
Great bump head and easy to add more line when needed.
Not all line trimmers and created equal and this is the best of the best.
Got mine from Salisbury Mowers in SA.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Good Trimmer - Easy To Start

I've had this trimmer for a bit over a year and it's had generally light use. It's very easy to start and fairly quiet. I've got a big Husqvarna brush cutter I use for heavier work and that might bias my view of the Echo a little. One of the issues I have with it that it's very light - whilst this is certainly an advantage when using it for extended periods it doesn't have the momentum and if the line catches it drags the cutting head in; if the line hits the ground you'll scalp a section of grass as the head is pulled in.

The biggest issue I have with it is the placement of the muffler and exhaust. The muffler always ends up near your forearm when in use. This is particularly noticeable when using the trimmer in the vertical position (as one does when edging). This is only tolerable for a few minutes at a time as otherwise your forearm gets very hot.

All in all a great little trimmer if you want something very easy to start, light to carry around and you don't have too much to do at one time.

Pleased with this machine

I purchased this machine approximately 18 months ago. The salesperson at the time said it was one of the easiest line trimmers on the market to start. I have found it very easy to start and it does a good job trimming the lawn on the banks around our home and the weeds in selected areas on our property. As a result of being impressed with this make of machine, recently I went out and purchased an Echo chainsaw, replacing another make of chainsaw that I had owned since 2008.

Good to see a five star rating for this product. I wonder how many other products at this site get a five star rating?Since posting my review I have found the receipt of purchase for this item. The date was 22/10/2013.

Great little machine

I've had no trouble starting or using this machine. However the bump feed does wear out, and mine needs replacing as it has worn right through. Whether or not this is a common problem with all bump fed line trimmers I don't know, as none of the others I've owned have lasted long enough for me to find out! Four years, still going strong engine wise.

So far it's brilliant!

I decided i wanted to stear clear of brands such as ryobi victa etc (thrown out ryobis in the past) and go for something a bit higher quality like a stihl or husqvarna. Neither brand reviewed that well on here which put me off so i began looking at echo and shindaiwa. The local store had a special on this model $199 so after going down there 'just to have a look' i came back with one and they threw in free oil and measuring jug. Has more power and bigger fuel tank than the opposition, its very light, quiet for a whipper snipper and starts so easily. It is perfect for my needs, and i expect many trouble free years from it.

Great!!!!!

Great little machine it is light weight and easy to use and easy to start. I purchased this for my wife to use and she loves it. Great value for money and the local dealer at All Power Garden Machinery in Mittagong NSW are great to deal with. The echo brand is not pushed enough out in the public eye which it should be as it is great i also own a Echo Chainsaw and a Echo Hedgetrimmer and all are perfect, my old stihl whipper snipper is at the tip where it belongs.
Lightweight, easy to start and inexpensive to buy only $299 with a five year warranty!!!!!