5Rocket Espresso Giotto

4.3
Consistency
Milk Frothing
4.3
Brand Manager for Rocket Espresso? Claim your listing.

R.Nader
R.NaderNorthern Region, NSW28 posts
  Verified Evoluzione R

Practical Elegance

I've lusted after one of these machines for years, & now I have one. I am not disappointed. Beautifully made, with all the electronics cleverly hidden away to maintain the classic lines of the machine, & to top it off, makes a sensational coffee. I cant stop looking at it :) Show details
Arne W.
Arne W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW
  Evoluzione R

Brilliant machine. I've had it for 6 years and it hasn't needed a service. Just a clean every 3 months

Very satisfied. Used this product for 6 years. Couldn't fault it. It's been great. Temp of the coffee and Crema is always perfect ensuring you have fresh coffee beans. Perfect for latte art. Show details
Andrew
AndrewSydney, NSW13 posts
  Verified Tipo V

Cafe quality at home

After owning this for almost 2 years, I have always been happy with its performance and reliability from day one. The casing is well made and designed, PID makes it very adjustable and fun to try different type of beans, it also makes the brew head temperature almost always constant, I only notice 1 degree change when it's left for a bit too long. Show details
Consistency
Milk Frothing
echo_base
echo_basePerth3 posts
  Verified Tipo V

Great looking kitchen addition

We've had the Giotto for nearly two years and it has proven itself a reliable addition to our household. It looks great, and has rock solid build quality. Most importantly, it makes outstanding coffee brew after brew.

If you're graduating from one of the mass market machines, it's important to remember that the quality of the grind will, almost more than any other factor, determine the quality of your coffee. So make sure you pair the machine with a decent grinder, otherwise you won't be getting value from the Rocket. Show details

MannyMelbourne8 posts
  Evoluzione R

Greatest coffee ever

I love using my coffee machine, the coffee is always smooth, I use my machine everyday sometimes it's on all day it hasn't let me down yet, the pressure is awesome the milk always turns out how I like it, the crema is awesome, it looks amazing in my kitchen the hot water feature is great too, highly recommend it

HappyJanSouth East Queensland, QLD27 posts
  Premium Plus V2

Timeless

I was just thinking how much I love this machine. It still looks great and as new as it did 4 years ago. It's an investment piece, but it is repairable, which is why I bought it. I was sick of spending $$$ on something that ends up as landfill. This machine could be left to someone in your Will and still be worth something! I like the process of making my coffee and having total control. It is not an automated one button job, you have to practise, but I enjoy that process. Team it with a great grinder and you're set to go!

Martinyogimoose@aol.com29 posts
  Premium Plus

Relentless quality

I have had this machine for about 12 years and apart from a new computer board for $600 and odds and sods it has delivered peerless service. Occasionally I can still make a 10/10 coffee with it ( so friends say). It brews a consistent drop and you can soon find your favourite bean because the brews are so consistent and you can compare flavours. Considering I use it everyday for a minimum 5 cups up to 20 cups it has been extremely robust. Very easy to clean although you have to keep your eye on the in-built water tank ....you can empty it without seeing. The main thing in making a good coffee with it is to get the bean fineness and tamping down pressure. Practice makes perfect.

Derrick
DerrickMelbourne4 posts

Italian commercial build

This machine is spectacular in all regards. The build quality is just amazing and it looks brilliant on the counter top. It produces consistent coffee shots each time and the ability to steam milk in parallel makes for entertaining guests easy. Only change I did was the steam tip to a single hole tip to allow for easier milk texturing.

Thelonius16 posts
  Verified PID V3

An excellent machine. Using fivesenses.com.au blends with Rancilio Rocky grinder. Backflush every week. Descale every six months. Make five or six shots every day. This machine can't produce shots as good as the big boys at Auction Rooms, Market Lane, Proud Mary, or St Ali. But with diligence, it's as good as you'll get at home for the considerable investment. Very happy with purchase from talkcoffee.com.au in Northcote.

Rachel
RachelSydney, NSW10 posts

Great

We have this and it's amazing! Can't live without it. I highly recommend it to coffee enthusiasts. It's easy to clean, easy to use and the instruction manual actually makes sense. I thought it was going to be hard to use and learn except this machine is good for dumbos like me

Harley
Harley3 posts
vBro
vBroGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC36 posts
Topfield1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC17 posts

Fantastic machine

We have had this machine for a couple of years now and it is still going great. Have had it serviced twice now. I have to remember to use the special cleaning powder more regularly; apparently it affects the taste if it's not cleaned regularly but I hadn't really noticed.

Greg L
Greg LSydney26 posts
  Verified PID V3

Great investment in coffee making

This is a seriously good coffee machine. Great training from Renzo at di Bartoli enabled me to make superb coffee consistently with only a few days practice. The machine is beautifully manufactured, easy to use and with stunning good looks. None of the Department Store machines come near this quality. It's a joy to use everyday. The only problem is that most of the time you are disappointed with coffee away from home!

MurrayCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC6 posts

Rocket giotto. Belissimo

It might sound soft but this machine brings joy to my mornings, and has done so for 12 mths. After nothing but grief from a breville machine (x5 under warranty) I made the plunge. Teamed with a mazzer I can make coffee better than I can buy anywhere in my regional city. Chris, from talk coffee the retailer, spent 2 hrs with me and was superb.

Maya
Maya · Giotto

I want to buy a rocket coffee machine for home. Any recommendations? Im not worried about price just want good coffee

Manny

If you are after a manual coffee machine and not an fully automated one then the rocket is the way to go

HappyJan

Check out this website....lots of good info here

Martin

Hard to go past the Rocket. Very sturdy construction and very good result with coffee extraction.

Kate Boxsell
Kate Boxsell · Giotto

Is there anywhere in or near Canberra you can have the Rocket machines serviced?

Murray

I am sorry I have no ideA. But given its full of commercial parts I think if you went to your fav cafe and found out who their servicer was they might might do it

Topfield1

I agree. Ask a Cafe owner for their cafetech. It maybe cheaper if you take the machine to them. I put mine in a plastic crate so that it is easier to handle and contain any spills.

Richard · Giotto

How does one make a strong 6 oz cup of coffee with this machine?

Alec66
Alec66

You can get a range of different baskets sizes for the E 61 group head so you can regulate the strength of the coffee you make. If you like it strong you can certainly start with a double shot and go up from there.

Thanks for the info!

See all Rocket Espresso Giotto questions

Compare all Rocket Espresso Giotto listings
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $3,599
Bean GrinderNone
Colour / FinishStainless Steel
Replaced byRocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus V2

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Rocket Espresso? Claim your listing.