Ecosa Mattress

Ecosa Mattress

Double, King, King Single, Long Single, Queen and 2 more

Bad delivery

They advertise excellent delivery service. I was waiting for the mattress all afternoon. After the delivery window passed I called to check and they indicated their were late for over an hour. No notification, no apology. Unfortunately I could not wait for the item so had to reschedule.

Second try they still deliver over an hour late. Why provide a delivery window if you can't commit to it?

Purchased in June 2019.

Hi Camilo, We're really sorry to hear about the delayed delivery. Please know that this is not a usual occurrence. A good courier service is essential for an online business like Ecosa and your feedback was essential to realize this flaw with our courier, we are taking all the necessary precautions to eliminate this and similar issues from happening again. Thank you for sharing your experience which we deeply appreciate. We value your opinion and see it as an opportunity to learn and improve our service. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Great mattress

Love the mattress as it is firm and doesn't seem to sag. The only reason I didn't give it 5/5 is that the edges of the bed are too soft and don't seem to have good support.

Purchased in May 2019 for $999.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Firmness LayerFirm

Review: Two years on, avoid!

I purchased an Ecosa QS Mattress just under 2.5yrs ago, so did my friend. It was an easy to purchase and ship process (they blamed the courier as it took a while to actually get, in which time I developed a minor back niggle that was quickly resolved... See below). After the initial "off gasing" smell dissipated (1week-ish), I had a great sleep. They said it could go direct on the floor which my friend and I both did. We aired monthly as suggested. One day I lifted it to air and it was mouldy. My friend also said his was. If you buy, make sure you use a bed base! It's literally false advertising. We both contacted Ecosa and they said it was our fault. They deny, deny, deny... It was not! It was that it can not go direct on the floor. I had to throw out my expensive one off rug that I loved and my mate is planning on having his room re-carpeted. I cleaned my mattress with vinegar, rubbing alcohol and aired it for a week in the sun over summer and washed the cover with disinfectant... I believe my friend threw his out! His sleeping on his spare mattress anyway. I can't afford another mattress at present. I complained and they eventually offered me $300 off an $1,100 mattress, so another $800 on top of my original $850. There's $250 off at the moment anyway and generally is, so effectively I've been offered $50 off for the exact same product.
But here's the real problem, I'm 6'3" and 80kg, so I'm light for my height. I should mention here that I had a very minor back niggle from a blow up mattress that went down one night, when I first purchased it... That went away with the new mattress and I had a very good year and a half, but now I have a full blown bad back and in a completely different spot! Always at it's worst in the mornings (physios, osteos and mattress professionals suggest this is usually always the mattresses fault), this is because of the wear in divot (which is now on both sides as I spin it when I air it). I wake up stuck in said divot with my back out. It seemed cheap and comfortable but after less than 2yrs it became practically unusable, $850/2yrs=$425p/yr.
I would avoid. So would my friend. Hope this helps. I'm saving for a new mattress at present.
PS I suggest you also research latex allergy. This also got my friend, who said his back is also worse on it. I'll get him to post his own review, I personally can't wait to read it, he is ropeable and also contacted Ecosa only to be told it's his fault! They've had their chances to resolve this!
PSS I tried to leave this review on their website but the, "please review" email they send after purchase, had timed out. No doubt for good reason. So if you read the ones there, note that they were all most likely left in the 'honeymoon' period.

Purchased in January 2017 at Ecosa Online for $849.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi there, Sorry to hear that you're not happy with the mattress you received. We advertised our website that the mattress can be placed on the floor. Just remember that you need to ensure the environment is suitable for the mattress as humidity, condensation, and moisture can cause mould to develop. To avoid this, simply ensure you stand the mattress regularly to breathe. You can also opt to air out and vacuum the area beneath the mattress regularly. We offer a 15-year warranty on our mattress that covers visible indentation greater than 20mm. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order number and we'll look into this ASAP.

Worth every dollar.

Bought for my 6yo son to help him get a better night sleep & it has certainly done the job! He no longer complains of a sore neck when waking and the mattress is so comfortable he sleeps like a baby again. Love the waterproof outer layer too - perfect!

Purchased in May 2019.

Sleeping PositionSide

We are happy with our Ecosa except for one thing....

My wife and I are both seniors and we both have bad backs, the Ecosa has sorted the morning backache out and we are generally satisfied with the mattress which we bought about three years ago.
However, my concern is the advertised weight limit of 150kgs per sleeper which was a factor in our decision to buy an Ecosa. I am 130kg, the mattress has sagged on my side and there is a distinct hollow on my side of the bed, surely this should not be happening? The side of the mattress is also bowing outward.
I think that the maximum weight limit should be revised as it is definitely overstated.

Purchased in September 2016 for $1,000.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi John Dee, Ecosa uses premium materials which allow zero partner disturbance and long-lasting durability. Our durability test pushes a 400kg roller over each mattress 30,000 times to mimic the typical eight to ten-year lifespan of a mattress. We offer 15 years warranty against defects, including sagging or dipping on your mattress. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details and photos of the mattress showing the "sagged" side and we'll be happy to look into it.Thank you for getting back to me, I'll send the details sometime this week.

This is the best mattress I have ever slept on.

I no longer wake with any lower back pain, I feel like I'm being hugged all night, I certainly sleep better all night. Thanks Ecosa for such a great product.

Purchased in April 2019 for $800.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi Des, Great! We're glad to hear that the mattress works for you. We appreciate your feedback. :)

Back pain since I got this mattress 1.5 years ago

So I’ve had the King size for 1.5 years and I really can’t stand it anymore. I’ve had back (from lower back to neck) pain all this time, and kept thinking it was just me until I got my daughter a mattress of another brand and I had to best sleep on it. I had discussed with customer service before, originally intending to ask if a topper would make it more comfortable but they kept instructing me to remove the protector cover instead, flip the mattress to change the firmness instead, etc. Nothing helped. The mattress doesn’t give me proper support where needed, and is just not comfortable. Very disappointing.

Purchased in September 2017.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi Cindy, We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your mattress. This is definitely not how we want your experience with Ecosa. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details and we'll be glad to further assist you.

much better than expected

was very skeptical about a mattress in a box but as it came with a money back guarantee and good reviews I thought what the heck,let's give it a try. My hubby and I are so glad we did as the comfort is great and the improvement to my lower back pain is the best benefit of all. The mattress has maintained it's shape and firmness from day 1 and has the added benefit of seeming to keep the bottom sheet drum tight. Allowing time to adjust to this mattress is a must but is well worth the effort.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

100 day trial only applies to one mattress per household

We bought two long singles for split base super king adjustable bed. We bought the bed around the same time and we only had a king size mattress previously so we needed a set of two long singles, not just one.
We find the mattresses a bit too firm and started thinking of returning them, then we noticed this fine print on their website that refund only applies to one mattress per household if you want to return them. As this is not very obvious and there was no mention of it during ordering process, or even on our invoice, we were unaware of it.
Contacted customer service and explained our situation but they flatly refuse to accommodate.
This policy should be mentioned where ever they claim their '100 day trial' as this is misleading on its own. We should have gone to the competitor.

Purchased in May 2019.

Sleeping PositionBack
Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Ross, We're sorry again if you're not satisfied with how your concern was handled. Our 1 return/exchange per household is stated on the website and can be found using this link https://www.ecosa.com.au/100night. This link is accessible on every page online and is readily available before purchase. We have this policy in place so that our standard is the same for every customer. This ensures transparency, fairness, and equality for all customers and allows customers to know what to expect from us. It is expected that all customers read the terms prior to purchase as by making a purchase through any website it is a contract of sale and agreeance to the sites policies as well as terms of service. Still, thank you for trying out Ecosa.

Fantastic mattress and really comfortable!

I loved the same day delivery and the box it came in. It did however take my partner and I a few days to get used to the firmness as it is pretty firm, but once we did, we had instant back pain relief. I would definitely recommend this over a Sealy firm mattress (which was our previous mattress) especially if you want a really firm one. It's a little difficult to change the firmness level with two people, so I commend whoever can do it alone!

Firmness LayerFirm

Not supportive - JUST hard. Don’t believe everything you see.

Bought the mattress due to seeing ‘body supportive’ and memory foam. “G7” whatever that means

It’s like sleeping on a plank of wood with 1cm of foam to support. My shoulder and hips were in immense pain the first 2 weeks. I couldn’t sleep on it anymore.

The return process was okay. I like the idea of an online chat so that’s okay with me. They also offer alternatives like a complimentary topper value at $400, although unless it’s laced with gold, I don’t know what topper is worth $400. They seemed very nice and committed to making your sleeping experience better but just wasn’t for me.

After agreeing to refund me, the salvos came to collect, they do inspect the mattress so definitely make sure you trial with a mattress protector or else no refund. Pick up took 7 days. Refund took 4 because I paid with Afterpay and they’re quite good like that.

Mattress 1/5
Customer service 4/5

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Basil, We're sorry to hear that the mattress didn't work for you. We are aware that one mattress does not suit all and firmness is a personal preference which is why we offer a 100-night trial with money back guarantee. We thank you for trying out Ecosa. :)

Good overall mattress

Same day delivery and 3 options to choose firmness levels great it's been a month happy so far had to change the settings which took like 10 to 15 mins but it's all good

Purchased in April 2019 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $800.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm

Comfortable and helped my back

I ordered mine and it arrived the same day to Brunswick. I find it super comfortable and plush, it supports my back and shoulders.
If I was in a store I probably would have thought it's a bit too firm for me but the top layer is really soft and comfy, by the second night I was so happy with it and i realised i wasnt waking up with hip or back pain like I was previously. So glad I got it. Also, i like that the edge is grey, one thing that put me off koala was that its bright blue so it's a bit intense, the grey edge is more stylish in my opinion but obviously not the most important thing about a mattress

Purchased in February 2019 for $899.00.

Very Comfortable mattress

Love our Ecosa mattress! We've had it close to a year now and still as comfortable as the day we got it. No noticable changes in comfort during summer and winter climates. Opted for the medium as firm was too firm for me personally.

Purchased in May 2018.

Firmness LayerMedium

Won yourself a customer for life

Having alway bought mattresses from a bricks and mortar business I was sceptical of the mattress in a box industry. Turns out this was completely unjustified.

The linchpin for me deciding to go with ecosa was the ability to adjust the firmness by rearranging the layers foam. Turns out the softest (medium) was still pretty firm but it's a soft firmness which feels like it's giving good even support without being too hard.

It has resolved my old lower back pain from my previous mattress.

I pulled apart my old mattress and there was a layer of foam maybe 4cm thick and just a bed of hard uneven springs. I would not now consider a spring mattress because you are so reliant on those springs not failing or wearing because it is amplified through the whole mattress.

If a foam mattress can be vacuum packed, rolled and stored and then bounce back to a perfect surface it my thinking is it must be pretty durable. You sure as hell couldn't do that with a store bought mattress.

Also the 15 year warranty was better than anyone else so I'm thinking they are backing their product up to go the distance.

The only criticism with foam had a delayed softness so if you roll around you don't get that instant softness. If your that type of sleeper I would probably steer clear of foam mattresses.

Good luck with the hunt. I did so much research into mattresses and it's a lot easier to find a car that suits your needs than a mattress.

Purchased in April 2019 for $719.00.

Terrible customer service

The mattress gave me back pains and was too firm for my husband even on the softer setting. The problem comes from trying to return the mattress. We asked for it to be returned back in mid March, it has been over a month and we still haven’t received our money back. The mattress was picked up weeks ago but this company will employ any tactics to hold onto your money... do NOT buy from them

Purchased in December 2018 for $899.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Jean, We are sorry that you're unhappy with the mattress and our return process. We work hard to make the returns process as seamless as possible by providing free pick-ups Australia-wide. Once you contact us, we will organize a pick-up from one of our partner charities. Collections may take up to 10 business days and will occur during business hours. Once the mattress has been collected you will be issued with a full refund. Please send us an email with your order details to support@ecosa.com.au and we'll be happy to follow-up the status of your refund.

Couldn't be a better buy ! Very happy with Ecosa !

My Ecosa mattress is very comfortable. I suffer from neck and back pains but have found that the new mattress is more supportive and I get up feeling better than I used to. I have not found it hard at all and was very happy with the way it was setup when I first received it. My old bones have found it very much to their liking ! My daughter has said that she would consider getting one when its time for her to change her mattress and was impressed with the speed and ease at ordering.

Purchased in March 2019 for $699.00.

Don’t do it!!!

V hot, sinks when sitting, can’t sit on edge - slide off, feels like wet sand- no “give” to move, X heavy, XX difficult to adjust, refund logistics V difficult. NO

Purchased in February 2019 for $899.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi Neesh, We're sorry to hear that the mattress did not work for you. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to mattress firmness and we know that one mattress does not fit all. This is why we offer a 100-night trial with money back guarantee. Still, we thank you for trying out Ecosa. :)

Life changer

This mattress has changed our lives. We sleep long and easy with no more aches and pains. The option to adjust the firmness is also an added bonus for us in the future.

Purchased in February 2019 for $999.00.

So supportive

My husband and I love this mattress, we both have neck issues so this helps in giving us that much needed extra support not to mention not having any weight shift in the bed throughout the night. You can adjust the firmness or add a topper for that added extra level of luxury. I couldn't recommend it any more.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,199.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Front
Firmness LayerMedium Firm

We received our Ecosa King size mattress today, and unpacked it according to instructions. However, despite the instructions indicating to allow a few minutes for the mattress to rise from the unpacking, it still has yet to come into shape after a few hours. We are reluctant to lie on it until it fully comes to shape. Has anyone else experienced this also? If so, what do you suggest we do?
I don't think this is normal so I would contact Ecosa asap. They seem like a pretty good retailer and from what I have read they value their name and reputation and I do not doubt that they will exchange the mattress and cover all freight costs. Good luck and I think you will enjoy your mattress eventually.thanks Snoozles, so far it is almost 100% risen to shape. However, there is still a very slight buldge on one side of the mattress which has yet to take shape. Will wait for another day to check before finally using it.Hi Liz, Apologies for the delayed response. The mattress will continue to settle with continued use. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details should the mattress still has not changed.

Do I need to use a mattress protector on my ecosa mattress
Hi Bee R, The Ecosa mattress comes with a waterproof inner cover and a removable outer cover which is machine washable but you can still use a mattress protector if you wish to. :)

Would your double bed mattress fit a frame with measurements 120xH x 150cmWx 204cmD?
Hi Jodie, Our double size mattress measures 138cm X 188cm X 25cm (W-L-H). I'm afraid that the measurements are a little off. :(

SingleLong SingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingSuper King
Price (RRP) $799$849$899$999$1,099$1,199$1,499
Type Gel Memory FoamGel Memory FoamGel Memory FoamGel Memory FoamGel Memory FoamGel Memory FoamGel Memory Foam
FirmnessExtra Firm/Hard, Firm and Medium FirmExtra Firm/Hard, Firm and Medium FirmExtra Firm/Hard, Firm and Medium FirmExtra Firm/Hard, Firm and Medium FirmExtra Firm/Hard, Firm and Medium FirmExtra Firm/Hard, Firm and Medium FirmExtra Firm/Hard, Firm and Medium Firm
SizeSingleLong SingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingSuper King
Thickness25 cm25 cm25 cm25 cm25 cm25 cm25 cm
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty15 year(s)15 year(s)15 year(s)15 year(s)15 year(s)15 year(s)15 year(s)