5Ecovacs Deebot Neo

Cards and kids... hmmmMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Vivien Kells
Vivien KellsSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Mummies little helper

Love the little critter - I was hesitant to purchase one as I could not see how they could work . Would love one I could program to do different areas on different days. But in now way am I disappointed in the result. Show details
Dusan M.
Dusan M.2 posts

Great helper in keeping the floors crumb and dust free

Bought this from aldi a few months ago and so far it’s been great. Mapped the house first go, admittedly the map looks a bit off in a few rooms but that doesn’t stop it from cleaning those rooms from edge to edge without issues. I struggle to find crumbs on the floor after it’s done and we have a toddler that runs around with food regularly. For the price it is a great help around the house and i hope I don’t run into issues with it like some have in the reviews but at this stage I’d happily recommend it to others. Show details
Jelena
JelenaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Mapping goes failed after time

I bought mine end of 2022. They worked perfectly. I'm so happy because helps me a lot. But after 4-5 months map going to be funny. They rotate, and robot is lost every single time. Trying delete app, reset map, set up again... every time is same, they make new map and immediately after finishing that's cycle map is goes wrong. I return my robot to Aldi and bought another one in April this year and robot doing great job until last week. Everything same is happened like with previously one. Again I do everything but not help at all. Very disappointed. I think this neo series having some faults and that is reason why is $399 and only Aldi selling it.
*friends of mine having a same issues with their robots like me* Show details
Monte Carlo
Monte CarloSydney, NSW7 posts

Best Buy!

Great for a large open plan home. The best thing about it is, it reaches places that we wouldn't have the time to clean daily! Every inch under the sofa and under the bed is completely dust free. we use this daily. I could never sweep the house daily, but now it does happen. this can-do mopping as well, but we have not tried yet.

after using for4 months, the Robbo stop charging. Returned to Aldi and they refunded the purchase price in full. Deebot got lot of models, I believe the one Aldi sold was an entry model, but it should still work. therefore, not sure if this was an isolated issue or a common issue for this model. Show details ·  1

Pooja
Pooja Sydney, NSW5 posts

Time saver

Such a brilliant tool to support vacuuming and mopping around the house - saving considerable amount of time not having to do that manually. Save maps for multiple floors, works great on carpet as well as tiles. Love that it cleans thoroughly under the sofas and beds. Show details ·  1
Ally L.
Ally L.12 posts

Our new best friend

Wasn’t expecting much being a special buy from aldi but WOW! We have had Dyson’s for the last 10yrs and I have always raves about them until now. This deebot gets fine dust and fills the bin every clean. It maps well, it has got stuck a few times however we seem to have navigated those in the house now. We are yet to use the mop function but I purely bought it for vacuuming as I have two small children and two cats. I would 100% recommend this product. Amazing. Show details ·  1
Djs4444
Djs4444

Started out good. Now regretting it

Bought this vacuum a few weeks ago from Aldi and was initially impressed by the smart technology and mapping of the house. It got caught on a few little things but that is OK. I shouldn't leave stuff all over the floor.
Fast forward to now and it gets stuck constantly on nothing.
I get an alert on my phone that it needs rescuing and when I get to where it is, it's literally against a the corner of the wall or a door. Nothing stuck on anything. It just runs into a wall or corner of something and gives up.
As I am writing this review I have had to rescue it twice. Once it was resting against a tallboy. The second time it was resting against the bedroom wall
Dont buy. Show details
Chska
ChskaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Makes life easy!!!

Definitely true to its review that motivated me to purchase and it delivers thank you and keeps innovating. Minus work load for me the bot does it. Show details ·  1
Anonymous
AnonymousAustralian Capital Territory2 posts

Clare
Clare7 posts

Love this vacuum

The Neo, or ‘Dwayne 2.0’ as we call him after retiring our first Deebot Dwayne is such a time saver!
Yeah, the mapping isn’t the best and he sometimes gets lost or needs to re-map, yeah the mop function isn’t going to measure up to a normal mop and bucket but wow does this guy save us time!! We still vacuum our rugs with the Dyson once a week but for the price tag ($399) this was one of the best investments we’ve made! He gets into the books and crannies that I CBF vacuuming myself. My brother and mum got one and also love theirs.
Highly recommend! Show details ·  1
Buckley
BuckleySouthwest, VIC2 posts

Website sign up

The Neo does an ok job but we can’t find the Neo on the Deebot website
Not sure why that’s so hard Show details
Ecovacs
Ecovacs   DM
Ebony M.
Ebony M.

Save your money

Unfortunately I would not recommend the Deebot Neo. The app and mapping of this robot is terrible. It is very sensitive to movement, often causing loss of map/s and to re-map the house it takes a week or longer with issues. You have to babysit it and follow around, even then once my map was created, it created the house as one big room & no divisions. I’d recommend you save your money for a better robot, as I wish I had. Show details
Ben W
Ben W

Great when it works

Good hardware but the app and smarts stink.
After taking 4 goes and basically babysitting the robot for a day, I finally got my house to map.
The slightest change has the robot thinking it's a new environment and starting from fresh.
Does a great job on suction, when it runs.
It often gets confused and mistakes where it is and butchers my maps, making my house longer and confusing rooms.
My issue now is it thinks the bumper is stuck. Have tried tapping and check the bumper isn't jammed but no good.
Lost my receipt so really frustrated it won't do a thing.
This was a replacement for a 4 year old Roborock, which I retired to my study in the shed, it has had to be restored to service to carry this waste of space. Show details
Ecovacs
Ecovacs   DM
Quality-Check
Quality-CheckGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC49 posts

Gagandeep K.
Gagandeep K.

We bought this vaccum week ago .on floor it does great work but on carpet it's always
Need to clean sensors

Vanessa W.
Vanessa W.

Can I put a 2nd device downstairs and run 2 vacs off the same app

Bel Beaumont
Bel Beaumont

Does this robotvac operate without WiFi access? (I don't have home WiFi, only mobile internet, and I've found some appliances won't connect to a mobile hotspot for internet access). Can the robotvac function fully without use of the Internet and the app?

Features

• 4 suction levels and 4 mopping modes let you customise the thoroughness of each vacuuming and mopping job. A Max + Mode is the highest suction level, with up to 2600Pa suction power.
  • TrueMapping technology uses laser-based mapping and navigation technology to help accurately map your space.
  • Ecovacs states that a Laser Detection feature (dToF, or Direct Time of Flight) can detect obstacles as small as 2 mm, from a distance of up to 10 metres away.
  • The ability to set custom cleaning areas means the Deebot Neo can clean small, selected areas rather than the whole house or apartment.
  • With a simultaneous vacuum and mopping function, the Deebot Neo can provide an efficient robotic clean.
  • Mopping mode is equipped with sensors to automatically switch off mopping when required, for example when the Deebot Neo detects carpet.
  • App connectivity allows you to schedule cleaning sessions, and view the progress of the robovac in real-time.
  • An automatic charging function means the robot vacuum takes itself to the charging dock to recharge, when in need of a power boost.
CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners