Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950

Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950

MPN: OZMO-950

How to land the best robot vacuum

A reliable robot vacuum can free up time to spend with loved ones and enjoy your favourite hobbies. In this 2020 guide, we help you know what to look for in a robot vacuum cleaner.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Daniela P.

Daniela P.

Absolutely LOVE it

I was hesitant to buy this vacuum because the reviews were terrible. I agree that the mapping algorhythm could be better, but I don’t even care about having the robot clean the whole house as opposed to just a few rooms, that’s the whole idea of not doing it ourselves. The vacuum function is FANTASTIC (even is standard mode!) we use it 2-3 times a week and always amazes us how much dust and dirt there is, considering we never use our shoes inside the house. We can control it from our phones. It’s fairly silent. Easy to assemble and clean. The mopping function is good, really water efficient, but I still like proper mopping the floors with cleaner once a week. I had a roomba before and I must say the Deebot is much better.

Purchased in February 2021 for $650.00.

Ecovacs
Ellie F.Ecovacs
pgonsior

pgonsiorSydney, Australia

Deebot = failure

Deebot = failure. Uses up all its energy going round in circles, moves 1/2 a metre, more circles, bangs into the same part of the room consistently, repeat. A very expensive piece of rubbish.

Purchased in May 2020.

voiko

voiko

Map and software SUCKS - always have to reset the whole map in house

The robot itself is good. However the software is Terrible. Every time it get stuck and you manually put it back on it’s charging doc it will restore the map for you. However when it does this the next time you start it it always says it’s difficult to locate and start a new clean which requires an entire new map to be setup again. I’ve taken my bot back and the new one is the same. It takes me about 3-4 hours to map my house and have to take everything off the floor etc.

Purchased in July 2020.

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Look for a better product

Purchased in November 2019 at Lazada.

GT23

GT23Sydney, NSW

Not recommended

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hifi Home for $799.00.

Rch

RchSouth East Queensland, QLD

Welcome to the Future

Tiles and Floorboards.
Very quiet. We were first nervous that it would disturb our one year old but the noise level is pretty low. Cleaning is good. Robo vacs are still lagging behind manual vacuums.
Mopping is ok, need to mop twice for deep cleaning. We used to vacuum and mop every week before we bought the deebot. We now only clean and mop every fortnight.
The App is good but is a but fiddly. Our Coco (thats what we named her) had issues initially mapping the house, but after 2-3 cleaning attempts it finally made it.
Battery is great. Won't go lower than 65% after cleaning and 55% after mopping.

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hifi Home for $799.00.

Trudi

TrudiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changed my life!

Purchased in November 2020 at Godfreys for $949.00.

Gio R

Gio RSouth West, WA

Great Vacuum but....

Purchased in February 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $999.00.

Truthspeak

TruthspeakGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good cleaning but...

Vacuuming efficiency is pretty good, it change power between carpet and other tipes of floors, not so much as mopping as it leaves marks on tiles. Very annoying fact is that during cleaning, if you move the it even for couple of cm it won’t find the location so you have to manually bring it back to the dock to restore the map, although 80% of the times it won’t restore it and so you have to map again the whole house.

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys for $1,098.00.

Roger M.

Roger M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great, when it works

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $800.00.

Roger

Roger

Do not buy any ecovacs products: $1k : broken in less than year and no warranty fix

Purchased for $1,000.00.

Mike

MikePerth, WA

Difficult to buy spare parts

Bought a 950 about 2 months ago from JB HiFi. Seems to navigate and clean OK, doesn't like a rug that has a black edge. You have to clean the drop sensors after every cycle. My main issue is trying to buy a replacement filter. Have asked for assistance from their help email, no help at all unfortunately.

Purchased in April 2020.

Kikie

KikieNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Super !

Replaced our Roomba with the Bot and it is fantastic. It is much quieter than the Roomba and the navigation is superb. The app is easy to use and easy to set up. The scheduling is the best part and each room or area in the house can be on a different schedule. I am SO happy with this robot.

Purchased in November 2019 at Godfreys for $1,000.00.

Jordan R.

Jordan R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great! But sometimes frustrating.

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $999.00.

Suman

SumanSydney, NSW

Ecovacs mop does not meet expectations

Bought in May 2020 from JBhifi for $799.
- it does great job with vaccum
- but with mopping, I have 2 issues. I have glossy tiles. After just 4/5 moppings, I can clearly see scratch marks around edges of the tiles. Secondly, since mop cant work on the edges near walls, one can see clear difference in the center area and the edges.

Due to these issues, i have stopped using the mop function in just 1.5 months of buying the robot. I think I could have saved some money by buying robot without the mop.

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Ease of Programming / Scheduling

Rosie121Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best tech purchase in a long time

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $799.00.

simon

simonPerth, WA

Dumber than a box of hammers unfortunately

Allegedly supports up to 3 floor maps, however we have been unable to get it to save more than 2. Gets itself lost regularly, needing to be seen to manually to get it back on track. Bought this to make the cleaning of our place easier, but at this stage after 2 weeks of following it around to get maps set, and having to keep picking it up and setting it back down so it can relocate itself correctly, I am starting to doubt this was money well spent...

Purchased in April 2020 for $799.00.

LittleMissXanshine

LittleMissXanshineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect Cleaning Assistant

I run this few times a week to help me clean while i'm not home. It's quick and easy to set for cleaning and timing. Made my life easier since it reaches area I normally have to bend over to clean. Have to charge it ever so often. I find it cute when it tries to talk and give signals that it's done or lowbatt.

This product gives you the feeling that you have a cleaning assistant which cleans at any time it pleases. You can say that this deebot is worth every penny spent. Just make sure you pick up big items as not to clog deebot. Convenient to remove the dust deebot has eaten. The device gives a bit of movement noise however it's not at the level that is disturbing and annoying.

Abilash M.

Abilash M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

2 months and going fantastic

Purchased in December 2019 at jefreys for $1,000.00.

kcm1yPeel, WA

Amazing!!

I had a robotic vacuum about 9 years ago, and it really just moved the dust about my house! The ECOVAC is AMAZING!!! I was shocked (and a little appalled) at how much dust it picked up in its first run! It cleverly maps the house, and the you can create ‘no go’ zones (we’ve a couple of areas with loads of wires), and it will avoid them.
Great suction, with the carpets looking awesome after it’s finished.
It shouts for help if it gets stuck somewhere - that was funny first time it happened!

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $799.00.