Electrolux

No support

I bought an EWF10831 washing machine in 2012. Worked well for 6 years then we had to replaced door seal and main board.
10 months later, main board failed, new one installed and failed on power up (no display). Replaced board again, worked for 1 wash then motor operation intermittent, no fault codes displayed ever. Removed motor and tested, ok. Reinstalled, still not working. Requested assistance from Electrolux, 2 weeks passed, no response.

Had it with this machine, will be buying anything but Electrosux.

Store LocationFridge and washer city

Appalling call out fee- Electrolux Dryer

150 dollars to disable a child lock feature which appeared one day out of the blue and apparently only needed two buttons simultaneously pressed to disable. Tried all day to do it myself but couldn’t make it work, obviously a knack and to take 150 dollars charge fee is very ordinary. Reading the forums, looks like an inherent problem. I certainly wouldnt recomment Electrolux to anyone.

Dreadful service

I recently contacted Electrolux to request a service of my Westinghouse oven. The technician arrived and was most unfriendly; almost hostile. Was present for 10 minutes and charged $185.00, admittedly fixing the oven door. I asked if he could assist me in resetting the clock and he said to read the instruction book! Frustratingly when I went to use the oven it wouldn’t work!

Horrible Kelvinator Air conditioner

Bought this Kelvinator reverse cycle 5.0kw last year and had it installed by a licensed electrician. The aircon broke down just under 12 months (still within warranty). Electrolux sent out an electrician who said it's not the unit, it's the installation and tried to charge $350. No further information was provided.

I asked the installation licensed electrician to attend who tested everything he needed to test and assessed further, there is an actual issue with the aircon unit itself. My real estate agent and the electrician called Electrolux warranty team consultant about the issue and was told that this has gone back to Electrolux now and we are awaiting for a time they can attend and re assess the unit.

Been waiting for a month for a call to book the job in however have just found out that the ticket was closed off on 17th April 2019 and we are asked to request for a booking and have to pay for it.

I am making a complaint to the office of fair trading.

6 years life front loader

Ex bought Electrolux front loader 6 years ago. Motor already gone. Service department say wear and tear more likely if machine not used too often (it was used about twice per week). Disappointed.

Horrible customer service. Never buy any product.

Bought washing machine 7.5 kg front loader before few months. Next day water leaked. Technician came and said no problem at all and later on still same problem happened again and again. In entire life will never buy any item from this company.

Store LocationHarvey norman garden city

Excellent customer service

We have just purchase new Electrolux equipment of our kitchen. Very happy. We had one fault with our oven, was fixed within a week and the technician was great and very friendly. Highly recommend.

Store LocationWinning Appliances Fortitude Valley

Worst customer service Experience and please do research before you purchase!

What a horrible customer service experience. We bought a Electrolux Fridge and Freezer. Less then a year and the Fridge starts having issues. I believe I called Electrolux around 10 times. The main response I would get is please refer the user manual! I did this before I called, could not resolve the issue so I called! After around 4 visits to try and fix and replace the same part twice I believe, they finally agree to replace the fridge. I was advised on 3 separate occasions from people who work for Electrolux that the fridge will be installed by themselves and they will take the old fridge! The driver delivers the fridge and states that it is not his job. A week later I hear nothing and decide to call, after a usual 15 minute wait I was advised they only install ovens...... last time I checked the fridge was the issue, thank goodness I bought a SMEG (Highly recommended) Oven. The person I spoke too actually stated 'it is not that hard to take a fridge out and put one in', I wonder if he is willing to do this. Never again will I look at an Electrolux production. It has taken months to resolve this issue. Such unprofessional customer service that it actually disgusts me.

Store LocationHarvey Norman

Substandard upper oven replacement elements

We purchased a Westinghouse Silhouette oven on the 9/6/01. The upper oven element was replaced on the 23/9/14, 6/7/17 & 10/4/19 at considerable expense. The oven is used infrequently. Conclusion- two earlier replacement elements were of substandard quality. I have lost confidence in Electrolux products.

Store LocationThe Good Guys

Westinghouse ovens, great if you’re willing to live with a defective oven.

We brought two of the same model ovens, from Westinghouse (owned by Electrolux) be warned Australia!!! The first oven caught on fire!!! And the second one had a faulty thermostat, that according to their repair person “he’s changed numerous thermostats recently in the same model!” When we spoke with numerous staff it was agreed we would not be charged a call out fee if they deemed the fault to be something that is covered by warranty. Once they left they then posted us an invoice for $145 call out fee and denied what was guaranteed by their team leader!!!! I have requested a copy of the audio tape reflecting the conversation with the team leader, they now claim they don’t have to give it to me!!! Instead they just want me to give them more money.
They have a product that they know is defective and they’re happy to sell it to you!

Rotten Warranty experience..

If you win an Electrolux product in a raffle or Lucky door prize forget about the warranty.
No docket no warranty. I explained a raffle win situation to Electrolux and from their weak reply it seems the warranty goes the the first owner and it is not transferable.

Store LocationPrize win.
Hi Dennis Denise from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Electrolux product If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Denise Ticket 877839 Thanks, Denise

Ceramic hot plate ONGOING failures

Twin hotplate keeps on failing. Electrolux wont return my calls or emails to resolve. They just didn't seem to care after they asked me to put issue in writing. So I raised the bar.

After 6 weeks with a hotplate not working I decided to sent email to CEO of Electrolux Mike Putt. I then received call from someone high up in customer care and they discussed the issues and offered a replacement of the faulty unit at no cost. I took up the offer, just dissapointing I had to go to so much trouble and wait so long for this reoccurring issue to be resolved, however saying that I am thankful to Electrolux coming on board and acknowledging our repeated issues with the twin burner hot plate thermostat going and which causes the hotplate to glow red and wont regulate the temp.

All fixed, thank you Electrolux!

Store LocationBuilder

Appalling service

Had issues with our air conditioners. Someone came to fix them. Received an invoice few weeks later. Paid it. Yet, a debt collecting service kept chasing me. My emails were ignored.Just down right rude and appalling service.

Be careful who actually owns the company of the brand of appliance. (simpson = electrolux)

14/01 Issue with washing machine, purchased just over a year ago. Contacted service people and have been nice but giving the run around for 10 weeks (So far) even the the manufacturer (electrolux) have admitted to both a faulty machine and guaranteed replacement. 10 weeks equates to a lot of washing/time and money at the laundry mat that is not compensated for. Still waiting.

Brand new machine with factory defect caused irreparable damage to inside of dishwasher.

Brand new dishwasher, never used. Ran it the first time and after 3 minutes it left a pool of water underneath, tripped the RCD and subsequently would do the same instantaneously every time after turning on the powerpoint.

Technician spends 10 minutes looking at it - discovers a hose inside the machine was not connected at the factory and was spraying water all over the place. Connects the hose inside the machine, turns it on and walks away! Doesn't run the machine at all.

Now I have a brand new - never used - machine that has had water sprayed all over its insides, and a technician has told me it's still in brand new condition after not even seeing it wash a single dish.

Technician didn't leave a business card, phone number, written report, nothing. Ridiculous. No written record of what was done, or what he found. Am I crazy?

Argued with customer service over the phone for 30 mins but it was futile. All they could do was read out to me what the tech's report said, and they said they would email it to me and I would get it in a few days?

I requested the tech go back to my place in order to check that the machine could actually was a dish - no dice. Requested the tech's report was modified so that it was clear that the machine wasn't actually run, no dice. The report said it was 'tested ok' which I think isn't true; it wasn't tested at all.

Now I have a brand new, never used machine which has had water sprayed all over its insides and is probably now a dud. The only thing this machine has washed is it's own internal electrical bits and pieces.

The least the tech could have done was watch the machine actually pump some water - the tech left without a drop of water entering or leaving the machine. And he had only spent 10 minutes there! I mean what the hell is this?! Impart some professional responsibility on these people, Electrolux - they should atleast test that the repair they've done actually works!?!?

According to customer service it's the customer whose job it is to test the machine.

Totally baffled.

Thanks Electrolux.

After coming home from work on the day of the repair I tried to run a cycle and the dishwasher faulted after about 5 mins with an F7 fault. What a joke.

Dont buy it, you will regret it dearly

Purchased a fridge with 2 years warranty however it died in the first year. Lucky, its still under the warranty I thought. Well, trying to organise a techician was a nightmare, 2 weeks since and still we keep getting rescheduled. Basically, the customer service will schedule the techician to come but this does not happen for number of reasons. Technician is too busy, customer service cant get a hold of him or other. There is so much more to say about Electrolux, what kind of fridge breaks down in the first year, there seems to be one techinican covering the whole area of Sydney. Technician will call you from a private number, often just a prank to cover himself to say to his company that he called but you didnt answer, no voice mail left and when you ring back they will say that you were unavailable and techician is gone to another job. To fix the problem, they will say you must answer your
phone and basically blame you. This has happened on 3 ocassions already even though I said I will wait at home. Yesterday we waited all day but the techician called in the evening and said he was not going to make it as he has few jobs to do. I m starting to wonder this business is run as a family business from a private premises as they seem to be so unprofessional! I dont usually write reviews but I thought to let you know if you reading this, dont bother with these guys

Hi Steven, Tania from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, TaniaI was on the phone 5 times in order to fix the issue so not sure how you would help. I would seek that you change something in the way how requests for services are handled, improve customer service and way how information is liaised between your office and techicians in the field. I had your customer service consultant allegedly try to contact the techician since 11am on the day but unsucessful. The consultant then called me at 3pm and said she was finished for the day and wanted to let me know she was unable to reach him and wanted me to know that she in fact tried. It is like these techicians didnt work for the same company. I can go on and on but really pointless so to help customers like me in future, do improve customer service and ensure that people are not left weeks without a fridge due to insufficient number of techicians or other

Rubbish

Purchased induction hot plates. Had them about 6 months and the large plate blew. Had it replaced and had to then cook on the new plate on 8 or 9 to get any heat. Now that has blown. Never again. Also had a pryoletic oven which was on self clean and almost caught on fire. The door remained shut and kept heating. Had to turn the power off to our house to stop the oven. Rubbish brand!

Hi Lisa, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the induction cooktop and wall oven . If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, Tania

Customer service is non existent

Have been trying to get hold of the customer service team for over s week. No one answers the phone and I end up having to hang up (was on hold for 17 minutes last time).

Very poor service Electrolux. Would strongly recommend against this company.

I called Electrolux to advise the alarm In my fridge/ freezer constantly goes off and that the freezer isn’t working. I gave model number and all the details of the problem that could be seen.
I was quoted a flat rate call out fee for “however long the repair takes, with parts being extra”.
The Repair man took one panel
Off the fridge, said there is a slow gas leak somewhere.
Stated the fridge would need to be TAKEN to the service department and that the alarm can not be turned off. He would send an email to arrange this for us. He said I would get a call to organize either the repair or a new fridge within a week.
I have never received any contact from the company since his call out a month ago and all I got for the $145 fee was confirmation of what I said the problem was when I booked the repair. THE ALARM STILL BEEPS ALL DAY AND NIGHT. RIPPED OFF!!!!

Hi Simone, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with ref 813684 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

DISSAPOINTED

I bought a Simpson Top Loader from Good Guys 10 mths ago, Not happy with the machine and now the outlet hose at the bottom of the machine has completely split off, the machine hasn't been moved since they installed it. Very disappointed in this product. I did send a Email to Good Guys and Electrolux but have had no reply from either. Margaret

I am building a new kitchen however your products seem to be very unreliable and your customer service has very unreasonable policies including an air conditioner which totally rusted within 4 years and then was told I live in a coastal area. My technician said he’d never seen anything like it and my neighbours had aircon for over ten years still going strong. Why is your company sripping people off like this? Just not good enough

Hi I have a Westinghouse wfe517sa oven less than a year old and the fan has stopped working suddenly. The heatining element still works. I have arranged for someone to come and check it but have been informed that if it is not classified as a manufacturer defect I will have to pay $145 just to have someone look at it. Do you have any suggestions for checking it myself first?
Hi I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulties dealing with Electrolux. I am still waiting for a response. Not one person has bothered to contact me regarding my complaints. I had the worst responses from the customer service people. The only thing they kept repeating (supervisor included) was that it was going to cost me $180 odd for each appliance to come out and just have a look at the lemons that I was sold. They mustn't be too worried about product quality and customer satisfaction.Hey I ended up doing a bunch of google searching and took off the panel in front of fan - it seemed like it was just a bit stuck... manually pushed it around a few times and then it's back to starting normally when oven turned on! Would have been useful to have some sort of information from Electrolux - e.g some general "tips" on their website maybe why something may not be working!

I have had my Electrolux Vacuum Cleaner for just over a year - turned it on last Saturday and it made an awful sound then started smoking so not happy. Now not sure whether it warrants having it seen to and how much it will cost. Is their anyone in the Blacktown/Seven Hills area that I can take it to? The previous one lasted longer but went the same way and still have that at home - that was a more expensive model and not sure whether that too can be fixed.
Hi BMcM, Leslie from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, LeslieHi Brought a Electrolux Washing machine 2/1/2 years ago. What a joke. 1st off the electrics don't work and had to be replaced. Then a screaming nose from a washer and smoke something is wrong. Called for a service can do in a couple of weeks. So went with local option. Paid $160 to guy who looked at washer said it was broken like really broken (the metal spinning arm?). Said they should have lasted 5-10 years but told me I'm stuffed. Review toke 2 mis. Spoke to Electrolux said they would not take his opinion so arranged for their tech to come out. 3 weeks later and another $140 service fee he confirms it's stuffed. $300 down talk to manager who offer a great deal on a new washing machine not. $1200 down the drain don't buy the product

Similar listings