Electrolux

Ceramic hot plate ONGOING failures

Twin hotplate keeps on failing. Electrolux wont return my calls or emails to resolve. They just didn't seem to care after they asked me to put issue in writing. So I raised the bar.

After 6 weeks with a hotplate not working I decided to sent email to CEO of Electrolux Mike Putt. I then received call from someone high up in customer care and they discussed the issues and offered a replacement of the faulty unit at no cost. I took up the offer, just dissapointing I had to go to so much trouble and wait so long for this reoccurring issue to be resolved, however saying that I am thankful to Electrolux coming on board and acknowledging our repeated issues with the twin burner hot plate thermostat going and which causes the hotplate to glow red and wont regulate the temp.

All fixed, thank you Electrolux!

Store LocationBuilder

Appalling service

Had issues with our air conditioners. Someone came to fix them. Received an invoice few weeks later. Paid it. Yet, a debt collecting service kept chasing me. My emails were ignored.Just down right rude and appalling service.

Be careful who actually owns the company of the brand of appliance. (simpson = electrolux)

14/01 Issue with washing machine, purchased just over a year ago. Contacted service people and have been nice but giving the run around for 10 weeks (So far) even the the manufacturer (electrolux) have admitted to both a faulty machine and guaranteed replacement. 10 weeks equates to a lot of washing/time and money at the laundry mat that is not compensated for. Still waiting.

Brand new machine with factory defect caused irreparable damage to inside of dishwasher.

Brand new dishwasher, never used. Ran it the first time and after 3 minutes it left a pool of water underneath, tripped the RCD and subsequently would do the same instantaneously every time after turning on the powerpoint.

Technician spends 10 minutes looking at it - discovers a hose inside the machine was not connected at the factory and was spraying water all over the place. Connects the hose inside the machine, turns it on and walks away! Doesn't run the machine at all.

Now I have a brand new - never used - machine that has had water sprayed all over its insides, and a technician has told me it's still in brand new condition after not even seeing it wash a single dish.

Technician didn't leave a business card, phone number, written report, nothing. Ridiculous. No written record of what was done, or what he found. Am I crazy?

Argued with customer service over the phone for 30 mins but it was futile. All they could do was read out to me what the tech's report said, and they said they would email it to me and I would get it in a few days?

I requested the tech go back to my place in order to check that the machine could actually was a dish - no dice. Requested the tech's report was modified so that it was clear that the machine wasn't actually run, no dice. The report said it was 'tested ok' which I think isn't true; it wasn't tested at all.

Now I have a brand new, never used machine which has had water sprayed all over its insides and is probably now a dud. The only thing this machine has washed is it's own internal electrical bits and pieces.

The least the tech could have done was watch the machine actually pump some water - the tech left without a drop of water entering or leaving the machine. And he had only spent 10 minutes there! I mean what the hell is this?! Impart some professional responsibility on these people, Electrolux - they should atleast test that the repair they've done actually works!?!?

According to customer service it's the customer whose job it is to test the machine.

Totally baffled.

Thanks Electrolux.

After coming home from work on the day of the repair I tried to run a cycle and the dishwasher faulted after about 5 mins with an F7 fault. What a joke.

Dont buy it, you will regret it dearly

Purchased a fridge with 2 years warranty however it died in the first year. Lucky, its still under the warranty I thought. Well, trying to organise a techician was a nightmare, 2 weeks since and still we keep getting rescheduled. Basically, the customer service will schedule the techician to come but this does not happen for number of reasons. Technician is too busy, customer service cant get a hold of him or other. There is so much more to say about Electrolux, what kind of fridge breaks down in the first year, there seems to be one techinican covering the whole area of Sydney. Technician will call you from a private number, often just a prank to cover himself to say to his company that he called but you didnt answer, no voice mail left and when you ring back they will say that you were unavailable and techician is gone to another job. To fix the problem, they will say you must answer your
phone and basically blame you. This has happened on 3 ocassions already even though I said I will wait at home. Yesterday we waited all day but the techician called in the evening and said he was not going to make it as he has few jobs to do. I m starting to wonder this business is run as a family business from a private premises as they seem to be so unprofessional! I dont usually write reviews but I thought to let you know if you reading this, dont bother with these guys

Hi Steven, Tania from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, TaniaI was on the phone 5 times in order to fix the issue so not sure how you would help. I would seek that you change something in the way how requests for services are handled, improve customer service and way how information is liaised between your office and techicians in the field. I had your customer service consultant allegedly try to contact the techician since 11am on the day but unsucessful. The consultant then called me at 3pm and said she was finished for the day and wanted to let me know she was unable to reach him and wanted me to know that she in fact tried. It is like these techicians didnt work for the same company. I can go on and on but really pointless so to help customers like me in future, do improve customer service and ensure that people are not left weeks without a fridge due to insufficient number of techicians or other

Rubbish

Purchased induction hot plates. Had them about 6 months and the large plate blew. Had it replaced and had to then cook on the new plate on 8 or 9 to get any heat. Now that has blown. Never again. Also had a pryoletic oven which was on self clean and almost caught on fire. The door remained shut and kept heating. Had to turn the power off to our house to stop the oven. Rubbish brand!

Hi Lisa, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the induction cooktop and wall oven . If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, Tania

Customer service is non existent

Have been trying to get hold of the customer service team for over s week. No one answers the phone and I end up having to hang up (was on hold for 17 minutes last time).

Very poor service Electrolux. Would strongly recommend against this company.

I called Electrolux to advise the alarm In my fridge/ freezer constantly goes off and that the freezer isn’t working. I gave model number and all the details of the problem that could be seen.
I was quoted a flat rate call out fee for “however long the repair takes, with parts being extra”.
The Repair man took one panel
Off the fridge, said there is a slow gas leak somewhere.
Stated the fridge would need to be TAKEN to the service department and that the alarm can not be turned off. He would send an email to arrange this for us. He said I would get a call to organize either the repair or a new fridge within a week.
I have never received any contact from the company since his call out a month ago and all I got for the $145 fee was confirmation of what I said the problem was when I booked the repair. THE ALARM STILL BEEPS ALL DAY AND NIGHT. RIPPED OFF!!!!

Hi Simone, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with ref 813684 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

DISSAPOINTED

I bought a Simpson Top Loader from Good Guys 10 mths ago, Not happy with the machine and now the outlet hose at the bottom of the machine has completely split off, the machine hasn't been moved since they installed it. Very disappointed in this product. I did send a Email to Good Guys and Electrolux but have had no reply from either. Margaret

Discusting treatment from call centre staff regarding warranty claim

Put forward a warranty claim, was told I misused the product when in actual fact I was just cleaning it. Kept getting told I dropped stuff on my cooktop and it was “impact” damaged. Refused to put me through to a supervisor and told “they don’t want to talk to you” again, wasn’t listened to, told I misused the product and damaged it with dropping stuff on it, again didn’t happen and then was hung up on.
Disgraceful treatment. I used to like Westinghouse but never will I buy from them again with the level of treatment I have received. No explanation, not 1 phone call from them to me and treated like I’m stupid.

Hi Zoe, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with cooktop. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with ref 797761 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks Rumana

terrible product

worst oven I have ever owned. grill blew after 12 months .have had the cook top fixed twice .the oven swiich is now becoming temperamental.

Lack of Care by Electrolux Service

Totally agree. I have a Simpson-same organisation and after their Technican broke my machine , instead of fixing properly did a bodgy repair and used a part in the machine (my machine) to do a repair instead of putting new aprt. Do not recommended Electrolux/Simpson service repairs at all. Buy a different appliance...

Will not buy Westinghouse/ Electrolux again ever!

Started having issues with the Westinghouse dishwasher just after the warranty had lapsed with the heat element going. We bought this brand as we thought they were reliable so was surprised when it went so soon. Customer Care advised that they would pay for part but we would have to pay one hundred and forty five dollars labour, which is still a significant cost seeing we only paid for it not long ago.
If you want a product that is going to last don't buy this product or expect Customer Care to fix any issues even if it's just out of warranty.
We will be taking it further as a dishwasher should last longer than this has without further costs to us.
Do not buy this dishwasher if you are looking for quality.
We will avoid buying Westinghouse / Electrolux again. After reading similar reviews it seems Electrolux are reluctant to look after their customers.

Hi GLH, Kathy from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse Dishwasher. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Kathy. Thanks Kathy

Oven door is a joke

Our Electrolux oven door won't close because of the very poor design of the door hinge system. Service people are unable to help and reinforce the fact the design is very poor. No response from Electrolux to fix it or replace it.

Hi Greg C , Catherine from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Oven . If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine . Thanks, Catherine

Terrible Customer Service

Purchased the SWF12843 Front Loader Washing Machine June, 2017 from Harvey Norman. Everything was going ok with the machine until it broke down in May, 2017 when the cycle was in its final spin cycle it made a loud bang and black smoke was coming out of the top of the machine. After quickly pulling the cord out of the switch it kept spinning with smoke still coming out of it and then it finally stopped after about 30 seconds. Luckily we were able to get the clothes out, they stunk of smoke and had all bits of rubber throughout the clothes.
My Husband called Electrolux. The first operator blamed us using OMO washing powder, which is what Harvey Norman recommend. The operator said she will escalate the report to a Manager, we have never heard from this manager.
After several calls to Electrolux nobody called back and nobody wanted to fix the problem. After much frustration we went back to Harvey Norman and we were able to get the repairman out 28/08/2018. The machine needed to be replaced but Electrolux took until the 13/09/2018 for a replacement. What an absolute joke by this company. In no way are we blaming our local repair man as he was excellent and handled the situation with professionalism.
Our replacement machine broke down and had the same problem after 2 months 16/12/2018, Electrolux said they will not replace the machine, blamed the OMO washing powder again and wouldn’t assess it in until January, 2019. We were unhappy about this as we have no washing machine. In the end we got a refund from Harvey Norman and we will never buy anything from Electrolux again.

Electrolux After Care

Bought a Westinghouse dishwasher and within the warranty period there were water leaks that caused signficant damage. The most annoying part was when we called Electrolux after care to inform of issue, we were bounced around for months between multiple staff. Finally when they recognised the issue, the staff at Electrolux agreed to have the dishwasher replaced however they sent someone to repair it instead and billed us for the expense.
After all that, the dishwasher broke down again. Extremely bad service. I will never buy an appliance or good owned or serviced by Electrolux again!!!

Hi Kevin C, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Dishwasher. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with reference 735129 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Electrolux Service Quality

I organised for an Electolux service person (via Electrolux) to repair a water leak at the rear of our fridge and tube for the water dispenser.
Up to that stage the ice maker was working well. Electrolux were advised the model details and my view it could be the water value.
When the service person called, he reviewed the issue and said the water leak was due to fault with the water valve but didnt stock the parts in his van so had to come back to complete the repairs.
On the second visit he completed the repairs and it appeared that everything the repairs were completed successfully.
In the afternoon we noticed the ice maker was not working so Electrolux's customercare was emailed about the issue. After 3 days I had not heard back from Electrolux so I rang customercare who advised that they hadnt quite got to the email after 3 days as it was Christmas time and they had been busy. I commented that it was poor that an email sat in someone's intray for 3 days without any action and requested to talk to a supervisor. I was advised they were busy and would return the call.
I again rang 2 days later to enquire when the service person would be attending and was advised he would be there the following day. The customer service person asked if I still wished to talk to a supervisior to which I replied yes - by the way I have have not heard from Electrolux.
On the 3rd visit the service person was advised the unit was working well prior to his 2 previous visits. He reviewed the ice maker and said looks like a solenoid issue but sincwe they dont stock that part any more he cant do anything about it and packed up and left.
Must be better serive people out there fro white goods?

worse service ever ,do not use this company for service

we have been told three times that our Vintec would be serviced ,each time we have emptied all of the wine out ,only to find the service people do not show up ,every excuse under the sun .
NEVER USE ELECTROLUX ,never believe them either

Hi Andrew, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with reference 718891 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana.Please give me your phone number

That’s so funny

My dryer have a probplem, i called the company then they sent a technician came my place. He investigated fault and found 2 pieces of wire stuck in element not warranty. I am sure 100 % my house havenot got anything like that, so where are wires came from?????

Chef oven a fire hazard

My landlord had a brand new chef oven installed at the advice of our local gasworks store. They assured as, chef, being an electrolux brand are good quality. Well what a joke! As per the instruction manual I turned it on to cure the day we moved in (Saturday) 45 minutes later I go in the kitchen to find the entire stove so hot it can't be touched, even the knobs!

We called gas works who said they'd follow it up, well their electrolux contact didnt bother to call back. Yesterday was the same story. Today finally get through to someone "oh no, the owner has to contact us"
Well we call them today only to be told the EARLIEST they can come out just to look at the damn thing is monday. 10 DAYS with 2 kids and an oven that we've been told not to use as its not only a burn hazard to my children but also a fire hazard. Absolutely pathetic customer service, I'll be sure to never bother with your products again. Disgusted my families safety is at risk until someone bothers to come out.

Hi Simone A, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au with refernce 712199 attention Rumana We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Rumana

Hi I have a Westinghouse wfe517sa oven less than a year old and the fan has stopped working suddenly. The heatining element still works. I have arranged for someone to come and check it but have been informed that if it is not classified as a manufacturer defect I will have to pay $145 just to have someone look at it. Do you have any suggestions for checking it myself first?
Hi I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulties dealing with Electrolux. I am still waiting for a response. Not one person has bothered to contact me regarding my complaints. I had the worst responses from the customer service people. The only thing they kept repeating (supervisor included) was that it was going to cost me $180 odd for each appliance to come out and just have a look at the lemons that I was sold. They mustn't be too worried about product quality and customer satisfaction.Hey I ended up doing a bunch of google searching and took off the panel in front of fan - it seemed like it was just a bit stuck... manually pushed it around a few times and then it's back to starting normally when oven turned on! Would have been useful to have some sort of information from Electrolux - e.g some general "tips" on their website maybe why something may not be working!

I have had my Electrolux Vacuum Cleaner for just over a year - turned it on last Saturday and it made an awful sound then started smoking so not happy. Now not sure whether it warrants having it seen to and how much it will cost. Is their anyone in the Blacktown/Seven Hills area that I can take it to? The previous one lasted longer but went the same way and still have that at home - that was a more expensive model and not sure whether that too can be fixed.
Hi BMcM, Leslie from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, LeslieHi Brought a Electrolux Washing machine 2/1/2 years ago. What a joke. 1st off the electrics don't work and had to be replaced. Then a screaming nose from a washer and smoke something is wrong. Called for a service can do in a couple of weeks. So went with local option. Paid $160 to guy who looked at washer said it was broken like really broken (the metal spinning arm?). Said they should have lasted 5-10 years but told me I'm stuffed. Review toke 2 mis. Spoke to Electrolux said they would not take his opinion so arranged for their tech to come out. 3 weeks later and another $140 service fee he confirms it's stuffed. $300 down talk to manager who offer a great deal on a new washing machine not. $1200 down the drain don't buy the product

Similar listings