Electrolux EHE5267 (524L, French Door)

Just Buy it!

Carnt fault it.....keeps food cold,and very good lay out.Very spacious inside,and love having the freezer on the Bottom.
But the best feature is the water and ice!
Used to buy bagged ice, and now saving a small fortune!
Read some negative comments about being too noisey and uneven freezer draw.
It just makes a normal fridge sound and no issues with draw.
Good job Electrolux,this is a premium fridge on a beer budget!
Happy Days!

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,600.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Doesn't stack up

This is a poorly built fridge. Freezer door needs to be slammed, or the whole freezer ices up and ice blocks solidify, internal drawer mechanisms are flimsy and don't work well, water cooler can't keep up on hot days when it is needed most, and switch is a bit dodgy. Door compartments on fridge are thin plastic that breaks easily. Ice cube maker keeps making ice, so overflows the container and needs to be cleared out regularly - need to hunt ice cubes out of the mechanism.

Purchased in April 2017 at The Good Guys.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)

Extremely disappointing

My rating is for Electrolux, more so than the fridge. My fridge was delivered a week ago and the 2 french doors do not align (ie, one was almost half a centimetre higher than the other). The place I bought it from got Electrolux to send a technician out. He spent over 2 hours trying everything to get the doors to level up. He claimed the problem was due to the uneven floor (it is a concrete slab, and more level than most floors), so he dragged the fridge out to a totally level spot in the kitchen so he could be sure the fridge was level. He still couldn't get the doors to align without the fridge rocking. He called his supervisor suggesting they send out a new fridge. However, the supervisor clearly didn't not want to do this, so the technician told him he would just get it as close as he could and leave it. When the fridge was put back into place, he pushed a thick wad of cardboard between the side of the fridge and the wall. This aligned the tops of the doors, but misaligned everything else (the actual fridge is now on a lean, the space in the middle between the doors is noticeably bigger at the bottom than at the top, the freezer drawer now sticks out beyond the side of the fridge and the top of the fridge is not horizontal. Because Electrolux's technician reported that there is nothing wrong with the fridge, and it is my that is the problem, they refuse to do anything about it. Their solution was that I should return the fridge to the store and buy a different brand fridge! I am left with a sub-standard product, which fortunately the store will take back, but I will have extra delivery costs and now have to find a different fridge. Into the bargain, the technician dragged the fridge all over the floor and severely scratched the surface. I would give them 0 if I could.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,800.00.

Really love it!

Positives:
- tells you when you need to replace the filter
- water tap is easy to use and has made us drink more water
- ice fills up fast
- good freezer space
- reasonably priced
- easy wipe fingerprints off the surface

Negatives:
- freezer door feels flimsy when you open and close it
- water tap only has a small space - not suitable for low water pressure as it sprays outside the cup
- water is not VERY colder - colder than tap water but not fridge cold after the first fill (use a few cubes of ice)
- wish could change the size of the ice - it doesn't fit inside the holes for most water bottles

Purchased in July 2018.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Love this!

I did a lot of research before settling on this fridge. It costed a bit more than i had initially wanted to spend but i'm glad that i made the right choice. Out of all other fridges that were similar in size, had french doors and a water dispenser, this one had the highest energy rating. It's very quiet- i was able to sleep very well in our open living room when we first moved in to our home and were waiting for our bed to be delivered. It is also very spacious and can easily fit food for a family of 4. All in all, a great product that i would recommend to my family and friends.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $2,010.00.

Internal Layout

disappointed not a quality fridge

So disappointed freezer drawers kept getting stuck until the top one broke we have had ours for about two years and so disappointed not great quality shows every finger print

Purchased in September 2017.

Dear t reeves, Zaida of Electrolux here. I'm sorry to hear the freezer drawers of your fridge have broken and would love the opportunity to assist. Could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Product Review Assistance Required | 2yo EHE5267SA | Ticket EHE5267SA | Broken Freezer Drawers." Please include your full name and number, and once received, we'll give you a call. Thank you in advance.Sorry, typo error. In subject line, please place: “Product Review Assistance Required | 2yo EHE5267SA | Ticket 828024 | Broken Freezer Drawers." Thank you.

Nice fridge freezer no complaints here

This fridge freezer is great and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking at buying.

The stainless steel front is easy to clean and doesn’t leave lots of annoying marks.

The bottom freezer has three decent sized draws and they all pull out easily and smoothly.

The fridge is spacious and has good temperature control. We haven’t plumbed the water filter yet but that is another good feature.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great Fridge

I purchased this fridge to replace a 20 year old Samsung, and I love it. My main reason for purchasing was its size, as it had to fit in a relatively small fridge slot (had to be no wider than 80cms). This fridge had the best reviews for a fridge this size.
I didn't really want a plumbed fridge, but now I love the ice and water features...the water tastes great and it is great to have ice on hand all the time. I am drinking so much more water as it is so convenient. I personally like that the water is not overly icy, as I don't like my water too cold,
The fridge is spacious and well designed for storing food and this fridge had no trouble coping with the Christmas feast and left overs along side our everyday food, and the fruit and veges stay fresh for over a week.
The freezer design is great, allowing you to see and access food easily...no more lost food at the back of the freezer, which is great for storing pre prepared meals as you can see what you have left and what you need to prepare more of.
This fridge is very quiet and the only times I hear any noise is when the ice maker is depositing more ice in the bucket and refilling the ice tray or if I have placed lots of new items in the freezer after the weekly cookup
I really like the deep door storage which lets you turn those wide sauce and juice bottles sideways so you can fit more in and the deli draw which lets you keep smelly cheeses and meats separate from the other foods.
Highly recommend this fridge

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Ice maker freezes up

We’ve had this fridge for 4 years now and it’s great - just one issue! The ice maker is excellent when it’s going, however if I switch it off (because the tray is full) - it seems to go into a fault mode when switched back on. I think the water in pipes freezes and blocks the flow to the tray. The only way to get it functioning again is to turn the fridge off for at least 6 hrs. Today it starting working after a power cut. Does anyone have advice please?

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Best Choice

After doing research and looking at over 15 fridges, we kept coming back to Electrolux EHE5267SA, my big problem was it didn’t come in white. Finally I decided I could put up with the SS and I’m so glad I did. It looks awesome in our kitchen.
The fridge itself is awesome, the separate zones keep everything fresh and the water dispenser gets used all the time, I’ve never drank so much water. The ice maker is genius and now when I have my Canadian Club n Dry or vodka n lemon, I no longer find empty ice trays.
I am so happy we did our research and agreed on this model. We’ve had it 2 months and I’d buy it again given the choice.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Smart and sensibly designed Fridge/Freezer.

Its a well designed fridge/freezer with heaps of room plus door shelves. Everything on eye level and easy reach in the fridge section. Cold water filler allows easy drawing of water. Bottom freezer provides ice cube making facility, when 90% full, cuts off automatically. Generally quiet operation, some noise during water intake. Plenty of choices on the controls for quick chilling, economy etc. So far no issues, happy with the unit. Check depth before ordering, to avoid any issues with its delivery.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great spacious fridge

Very quiet fridge. Love that the ice compartment is in the freezer although it needs a better sensor as it always overflows into the rest of the freezer. The quick cooling function is awesome for drinks. So much room in the fridge itself. Only other negative is that you have to open both doors to get into fresh produce compartments.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great chilled water and ice feature

Finding our new fridge (1monrh) excellent. Chilled on demand, ice which can be made, switched off when there is enough. Great storage space in fridge are. Freezer could be a bit bigger but manageable for a family of 3. Overall very happy, temperature is maintained - freezer very cold which is what is needed as our butlers pantry is a closed off room.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Amazing fridge. Wish we had bought it sooner!

We’ve had a lot of very expensive whitegoods over the years. This relatively cheap purchase tops them all.
The fridge looks great, is very quiet and stores so much food. It’s far more convenient to have the ice dispensing into a dedicated freezer compartment than to have an ugly wide/fat/deep dispenser taking up internal fridge space and then have water all over the floor like we used to with a crushed/cubed ice dispenser.
Water is not icy cold after the first glass but that’s ok- there’s loads of ice anyway

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I love how much I can fit in this fridge

We bought this fridge about 18 months ago, I am so happy with it, it's quiet. The only noise you hear is when the ice cubes are dropping into the tray when it needs topping up, I love the deep ice cube container, we sometimes empty it when we need to fill a small esky going out, no need to buy a bag of ice.
The shelves on the doors are great for fitting bottles, you could fit 6, 2lt bottles of Milk if you needed to in the 3 shelves. The fruit and veg drawers are great, you can adjust the moisture level to keep your fruit and veg longer, also the other slim drawers you can keep meat in them. There is just so much space in this fridge!
Everything stays lovely and cold, we had a black out from 10pm-5pm the following day, though we were out most of that day and didn't open the doors, everything stayed cold, the only thing in the freezer that started to defrost was a loaf of bread. Love the plumbed in water, only downer is the water is very cold after you fill a couple of cups of water.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Very good with a couple of minor improvements to be made

Very good fridge with digital temperature showing on the control panel and lots of options to select from, eg holiday mode, ice/water off etc. it makes very good sized ice cubes in a relatively short amount of time and makes them automatically. With the water supplied directly to the fridge, there is no need to carry the water to the fridge and refill it and this is of great convenience. The only 2 things I found that needs to be improved is that the handles are with sharp edges and we have been scratched by it when We are too close to it, especially when standing up. The other thing is that the ice water is only Icey for the first glass that comes out as it,s fresh water that gets filtered inside the fridge. So only the first glass of water gets cooled down by the filter. Once the filter is at water temperature, there is no more ice water. But there’s always the ice cubes.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent product

Beebs when open...
Great product fridge and features.

Had it since about 2 years ago and still good as new.
Only complaint is there is a fan noise emitted from it almost 24/7 so in a quiet environment you can hear it.

Keeps everything fresh for longer - love it.
Too big for one person- definitely a family fridge.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Perfect family fridge

This fridge is a family fridge.. very happy with this product...there is enough room for bottles , seprate sections for different stuff. A good section for frozen items as well. I love the look of the fridge. Its jist add beauty to my kitchen.. will surely recommend for a family of 4

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Happy with the fridge.

I spent a lot of time researching fridge freezers before selecting this one. I was after a fridge with a water dispenser, french door fridge with freezer drawers, an ice maker, and very importantly, energy efficient. This was the most energy efficient french door fridge on the market at that time.

It is smart looking, with a nice finish. The water dispenser's internal plumbing is different to typical fridge-freezers so you don't have one side of the french door that is fatter than the other. The downside is that the ice doesn't 'dispense' as such, cubes are made within the freezer section. The dream was to have a crushed ice dispenser, but you can't have everything i guess.

There is a control panel inside the fridge to select options such as the ice maker and economy mode etc. I don't notice any noise except when the ice is being made and dropping into its container.

My only issue is with the water filter. I don't like the taste of the water. My husband says its okay, but i think it tastes a bit plasticy or even cheesy. My tap water does not taste like this. As the filter gets older, i prefer the taste. Ive even bought a generic non-electrolux filter and had the same issue. Also, i note that some people in other reviews have commented that the water isn't super cold. This is true but it doesn't bother me.

I bought the fridge from Appliances Online. I waited for their sale and also found a discount code. At the time this was the cheapest place to buy it.

Overall i really like the fridge and i expect to have it for many years.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great product

Massive freezer with separate compartments, plenty of storage in fridge with draws to separate meat and veg. Lots of easy to use functions and love the water filter and quick ice. Very easy to clean and hardly makes a sound. Very good quality product and have not had any regrets about my purchase.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017