Mitsubishi Electric 650L L4 Glass Mini MR-L650EN

100% perfect fridge

Wonderful quality, spacious and well organised. It looks amazing in crystal clear white glass, and it's so easy to move if required, I love the fact that I can pull it out to clean beneath it. It runs quietly and gets amazing comments from my guests. I totally love it.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for $2,543.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)

Surprisingly very spacious! Don't know why they call it "Mini".

We're so happy we bought this fridge/freezer. After doing much research into getting the biggest fridge that would fit into the recess of our new home, that also had a good energy rating, we went for this beauty. Most were too tall for the recess we have.
The 5 year warranty was also one of the deciding factors. The sales rep did go into a lot of detail about how good all of the working parts and components are. I was very impressed at the time (but don't ask me to repeat it, too hard to remember all that stuff). He was actually talking about all Mitsubishi Electric fridges. We hadn't actually seen this in person. I had done a lot of research regarding all of the well known brands and a lot on this brand. So, with only having seen pictures of it, we took a chance and it paid off.
This is a smart looking fridge. The glass looks amazing and is easy to clean, no finger marks to constantly try to get rid of. I love the stylish finger grips at the bottom of the fridge doors and top of the freezer doors to open them, clean lines, no handles. The LED lighting inside looks gorgeous too.
I am surprised at how much I can fit into it as well. We only have 3 of us in the house, but I do like to cook for 4-6 because I love "left over" nights and I also freeze meals. The deep compartments inside the doors are spacious too. On the right side, I can fit 3 two litre milk bottles and a 1 litre almond milk on the one shelf! I've never liked the milk in the door before (since I read once that it is the warmest place in the fridge), but it's really cold in this fridge. Very happy with it there.
The vegetable drawer is really big, with the humidity regulator and the special light at the back of it, the veggies have stayed more fresh for longer compared to our previous fridge. The other drawers are also handy for fruit and small goods such as cheese and cold meats.
One downfall with the fridge is that if you have anything tall to put in it, such as a tall cake, the shelves won't accommodate it. But, that's the only thing that I can fault, the really wide shelves are great if you have a tray of food. So I think this compensates for lack of a lot of height. Tall bottles can go in the door.
It keeps an even temperature throughout the whole fridge. It's very easy to program it down to a fine detail too. There are simple selections or you can go into a more precise temperature, it's all in the easy to read manual.
It runs very quietly too. We hardly hear it.
I love the french door freezer compartments. The drawers hold a lot of food, also a nice surprise. You open one side or the other, or both. I like that I don't have to open the whole freezer to get one thing. We wanted a fridge that didn't need plumbing but also made ice cubes with an ice tray drawer directly under the ice trays. So easy to install and a lot less problems with this system. Once you get into the habit, you have plenty of ice at hand.
So, in conclusion, we're very happy with the brand, style and functionality of this fridge freezer and would highly recommend it to family and friends.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $2,300.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Awesome fridge

I'm someone who researches everything almost to the extreme before buying. Was looking for the best energy efficient fridge to fit in the space I had. This one fit well (most fridges are too tall nowadays, and I have a cupboard above), except it's quite deep, but no deeper than most newer fridges. Pretty challenging to get it in the front door because of this, but eventually got there. It's a very pretty fridge, easy to keep clean. But you can't put magnets on the front (can on the side) due to the glass doors. But, I can use it as a whiteboard instead! I initially didn't enjoy the French doors, as previously I'd had a 700lt side by side, and had been used to that. But once you rejig how you use the space inside, put all the frequent used items on the right, and the rest on left, it's pretty good. Two things I didn't like are that I cannot adjust the heights of neither the shelves nor the tubs on the inside of the doors, and that the shelf went the whole way across the fridge, meaning that if you were able to adjust shelves, the entire width of shelf would have to alter, not just half. The other thing is that if you open the left door only, after a while it doesn't seal properly, and the fridge runs excessively. This is due to the way the doors close and seal. You have to open the right side if you want to access the left side. And you have to shut the left side before the right. Initially an issue, but you get used to it. If you don't, the seals don't sit flat and then become set in the way they sit, and so no longer seal properly. Hence putting your frequent use items on the right, so only opening one door most of the time. Not a fan of the freezer drawers initially, but now think these are awesome and it's amazing how much you can fit in them. The very best thing of all? Saving 20% on my energy usage for my entire house just by changing my fridge. Absolutely astounding! I have downloaded my usage for an equivalent amount of time the same time last year compared to this year and analysed. You do also have to get used to the fact it does not work like a normal fridge. It seems to be running a lot, but this is because it uses inverter technology. It also encourages you to organise yourself better to some extent. Would I buy it again? You bet.

Purchased in January 2019.

Best Fridge value for money

Purchased this fridge and haven't been able to fault it. We particularly wanted a fridge without a cold water or ice dispenser. this is a new release from Mitsubishi in December 2018. it has a flat glass front with recessed handles, an inverter compressor, LED lighting and very good drawers for the freezer and Vegetables. Would recommend this fridge anytime