Electrolux ETE4607SA

Electrolux ETE4607SA

An excellent brand

Electrolux is a quality and reliable brand and I have had no issues with this fridge. It maintains a cool temperature and is attractive to look at. It is easyto open and close, had adequate crisper and shelf space. I like the stainless steel look and would not hesitate to purchase again

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Top fridge. Cools very nicely.

Excellent fridge with very clean lines and nice looking stainless steel.
Runs really nice and cold for drinks. Has very good internal room with good shelving adaptability. I did find some other fridges had a little stronger shelves but this one ticked every other box perfectly for us.
Have had no problems with it at all. The handles are really nice metal ones and could be a little stronger on the mounts I feel but is similar on most modern fridges. I did have to fit the handles as they come not fitted but this was very easy to do.
Before buying, I read reviews that said the edges door external corners were sharp. It is true, they are but I have never cut myself on them and I move around pretty quick sometimes.
I would definitely recommend this fridge

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Not like Electrolux of old

It's a fridge - cools the food and fits the space available. Limited freezer space. Nice clean lines. Compressor is spasmodic and noisy. Water catcher at rear hard to clean - need sponge. Cabinets look and feel cheap - plastic and liable to cracking. Lower door rack seems narrow for some bottles.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Best refrigerator I have owned. Had many brands. This easily the best. Modern as can be.

Just bought this refrigerator. Ignored comments on here. It is a masterpiece. Well lit and spaced. Superb design and perfect quiet performance. Keeps the vegetables and fruit crisp and fresh. Never seen a better refrigerator. I've owned most leading brands. None had the engineering and modern features as advanced as this. A superb Swedish product with a luxurious feel.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Not missed a beat

I like this fridge. Not skipped a beat in a few years. I like the bottom freezer although I don't think it fits as much as a normal freezer without drawers. Good fruit and veggie drawers and adjustable wall shelves. Very happy. Stainless steel looks lovely as well and easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Noisy

I can hear it in the next room. Noisier than the 30yo fridge it replaced. Interrupts quiet music. Keeps the vegies fresher for longer, though.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Very sharp corners

Wow. How sharp are the corners on these fridges? They are dangerous to have around the family home and should be recalled. It's been in our house for less than a week and I really hate it. It should be recalled. How can this be sold on the Australian market?

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Rob, Catherine from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with the fridge If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine Thanks CatherineHi Catherine, No worries at all. Harvey Norman swapped the fridge over for a Fisher & Paykel that has rounded corners and edges. Rob

Watch out! Razor sharp handles and door corners.

We purchased an Electrolux ETE4607SA fridge last Friday (2 December 2016) and chose this fridge because of it's extra low energy consumption and its roomy configuration inside. On switching it on we were disappointed with the whirring noise from the fan when doors are closed (which ceases when either door is opened) but were prepared to live with this. The strange spring mechanism on the doors (that want to spring the door back open if you don't push through it) was also concerning . This seems to be OK on the fridge door when it is laden but the freezer door is much too light for this strength of spring .

On Monday 5 December I discovered how dangerous this is.

I got some ice from the freezer, pushed it closed and bent down to get some juice from the fridge. As I came back up I smashed my head behind the ear directly onto one of those ridiculously sharp corners of a freezer door that should have closed (except it had bounced back open). As I was bent down, I did not realise until I brought my head back up!

Well, that nearly gashed my left ear right off. I had to go to the after hours medical centre and have them glue my ear back on!!

This is when I fully realised the dangerousness of these ridiculously sharp corners. These are not only sported by the doors but the handles as well - which are especially dangerous on the freezer door as it hangs in mid air at about head and face height for our 9 year old daughter!

This will not be a one off incident. It will happen again to other unsuspecting persons. I personally think that this fridge model needs to be recalled to rectify these doors before more people get injured.

This is not a cheap fridge and this is a ridiculous oversight from the designers. We have checked other comparable stainless steel fridges and all have rounded corners and a better finish. We have tried to contact Electrolux and have heard nothing back.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

I expected perfection for that price...

I argued with my husband over which fridge to buy. I wanted to spend the extra $600 for a better product. I won the argument. But every day since delivery, the plastic handles on the door and/or the freezer, come off in my hand!!

The handles seem to be way too flimsy to hold the weight of the door. We are going to have to super glue them on, so they stay on!

How very, very disappointing. I thought I was getting a quality product but it seems it was put together with spit & matchsticks. And of course my husband can now say.... I told you so!

The rest of the fridge seems to work ok but we have only had it 3 weeks. Time will tell.

Hi Nadia, Leslie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Electrolux ETE4607SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie. Thanks, LeslieUPDATE: Customer Care is very good... they have arranged for a technician to inspect the fridge & advised strongly against super-glueing the handles because it would negate our warranty. However, they can't give you a time block for arrival... you need to be at home all day & wait. So I will have to take annual leave.FURTHER UPDATE: The technician arrived this morning to look at the fridge handles. It was implied by customer care that perhaps my husband attached the handles incorrectly. I didn't want to want to take an annual leave day off work but I wanted to prove to them that it was not user error. As suspected, it was a waste of my time. The technician acknowledged my husband attached the handles correctly, that it is a common issue with the fridge & showed me how avoid the handles coming off in our hand. Laughingly, he suggested that we pull down on the handle instead of out! He said superglue isn't an option because if we did that & it snapped off... the whole door would need to be replaced & we would be liable for the cost. So, thank you for nothing!