1.9

• Smell
  • Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (8)

A HORRIBLE CHANGE

I fell in love with Red Door Perfume well over 20yrs ago. I kept it stocked and recently ran out of it. I purchase an new bottle of the Red Door Eau de Toilette spray. There has been a horrible change in this fragrance for the worst. Sadly to say for myself and other long term users I've purchase it for the last time. Why change if your customers faithfully loved and purchased for so long.

Purchased in June 2020 at walmart for A$37.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

New Red Door formula is horrible! I wish they would make the old formula!!!

new red door formula is horrible! I use to buy the old formula that I got a lot of compliments on.
Wish Elizabeth Arden would the old formula!!!
The old formula stayed on all day.

Purchased for A$56.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

CHANGE IN QUALITY!!!

What's the point in writing a review or a complaint when nothing will be done about it!! I will never purchase this new cheap version of the perfume I LOVED

Purchased in February 2020 for A$50.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

Change in fragrance

I’ve been using Red Door for over 20 years. I ran out and bought a bottle of Red Door, but noticed a big difference in the scent. I don’t like it, and I then realized that it was not the perfume, but the eau de toilette. Is that why it smells different? Is there a difference between the perfume and the eau de toilette?? Red Door has always agreed with my chemistry and smelled great on me. Everyone always asked me what I had on because it smelled so nice. Nothing else agrees with me and would hate to switch, so please keep the formula you always had!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$60.00.

Causes Irritation No

This is terrible the formula has changed.

I have been using red door for almost thirty years, I have gotten numerous compliments throughout the year's after even 8 to 10 hours of work. I want the original long lasting scented formula to be brought back because I will be switching to Juicy couter. (This is my mothers review we have bought red door from 3 different stores including Macy's)

Purchased in February 2020 for A$109.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No
Heinies

HeiniesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Different smell

Ive been using Red door for 15 years, i bought some December and oh my goodness its so not like what i used to buy. What the hell is going on, seems to me im not the only one realized its not the same. Is there sombody we can complain to, i hates this new smell. Why not say it different smell and change packaging???

Purchased in December 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$30.00.

Smell
Causes Irritation No
kerrydistel

kerrydistel

Elizabeth Arden Red Door

Here was a perfume that I had used for many many years. This fragrance has certainly been altered, smells nothing like the original and I will not purchase it again. Elizabeth Arden I am very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2019.

Smell
Causes Irritation No

It doesn't smell the same!

I've worn Red Door for years, and the recent purchase was so disappointing. I bought it from three different stores thinking I was getting something that was fake. I won't buy it again unless I change it back.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$80.00.

Dud modified 'Red Door' perfume

Purchased in November 2019 for A$39.00.

Find out how Elizabeth Arden Red Door compares to other Women's Fragrances

Missing the old RED DOOR!

I just purchased the spray and the dusting powder. I could not believe the smell. It is terrible. I used to get compliments all the time. Why can,t they go back to the original formula. People who are running Elizabeth Arden need to please their customers again. Plus I am sure they are losing money on this new scent. Wake up executives!

Purchased in September 2019 for A$90.00.

Sorry

SorryAlice Springs, NT

Giving me headaches

Very strong perfume that gives me headaches. Probably chemicals loaded into it which could lead to allergies and respiratory problems in women. I had to throw it in the bin within three days. Very disappointing.

Purchased in June 2019 at Priceline for A$45.00.

Bilinda C.

Bilinda C.Sydney, NSW

feeling very let down by Elizabeth Arden

Every time I went to buy the original red door perfume I was sent home with a box of this perfume I feel that bad that Elizabeth Arden doesn’t really care what the people want and I’m very disappointed in this performance of the fragrance as it does not last and I’m not a fan of the way it smells once it is on the skin. I’m now looking for a better product that isn’t Elizabeth Arden

Purchased in July 2019.

Maree A.

Maree A.Hunter Region, NSW

Red Door Perfume

I am a long time Red Door perfume user. The new fragrance new fragrance runs out after 1 - 2 hours and is a complete waste of time putting it on.

Purchased in April 2018 at Chemist Australia for A$60.00.

Tester isn't the same scent as full size

A tester used correctly usually gives you a true idea of the perfume. Always Red Door is horribly off!!!!!!!! Usually too much alcohol is the issue but not Red Door Always

Terrible

Terrible that the original fragrance has been altered, it had been my favourite fragrance for many years. Can’t wear it any longer.

Red Door Perfume

I have been wearing Red Door for years always asked are you wearing Red Door so many women recognize the beautiful smell. My husband bought Red Door from Chemist Warehouse for Christmas so very disappointed
. it stinks.

New Signature Fragrance - Not Memorable

Ruined a good thing!

I have been wearing Red Door for about 25 years. I absolutely LOVE the smell. I bought a new bottle and sprayed it on and thought I had got a bad batch. I tried to wear it a couple of more times but couldn't get past the ishy smell...but then it didn't stay on my skin the way the original perfume did. I ended up throwing a whole 3.3 oz bottle in the trash because I couldn't wear it or return it. I am soooooo disappointed that the company made a decision to mess with a good thing. I truly hope that after all of the negative feedback on the new version they will make the right decision and go back to the original beautiful smelling Red Door. Until then I am now in the market for a new favorite perfume.

Extremely disappointed!

I bought what I thought was the original red door from Chemist Warehouse yesterday and was shocked to find it was different. I was sometimes asked what I was wearing and I'm now so devastated that the perfume I have worn more than 20 years has changed. Please return to your original recipe because it was a classic and a winner!

Disappointed scent change

I too have used Red Door for about 20 years and was often complimented on the fragrance and asked what it was.... that was until my last bottle, which was a gift from my husband. I will not be asking for this perfume as a gift anymore. It is awful. Please inform the public IF and WHEN you return to the original recipe.

Heather H.

Heather H.asked

Have you changed formula for Red Door?
If so, change it back to the original formula!

Janis Texas

Janis Texasasked

What fragrances were in the original Red Door by Elizabeth Arden - rose must have been one. What are the smell contents of the Original?? The new Red Door is terrible, by the way. Bring back the Original fragrance! It was award-winning, classic! Janis, Texas

Kerrie

Kerrieasked

I bought my first bottle of red door perfume well over twenty years ago and I have worn it every day and never even considered buying any other perfume. It was the one luxury that I afforded myself as a young single woman not earning a lot and it was the one luxury that I refused to give up regardless of where I was at in my life financially. Whatever the formula was, it just worked for me. It smelt divine on my skin and with my body chemistry and It has been my signature scent for more than two decades. The smell is how I always imagined that at the end of my life people would smell it ..and remember me - A girlfriend of mine bought a bottle and the first thing her son said when he smelt her was "oh wow mum, now you smell beautiful like Kerrie!" .. Applying it every day was more than just putting on a perfume, it was starting my day inhaling the fragrance and always made me feel grounded and pretty and like I deserved that luxury. I'm devastated to find that along with the packaging the formula has changed and the new fragrance does absolutely nothing for me. It doesn't smell the same, it doesn't last the same and when I spray it on now, it just smells cheap and nasty. While I appreciate Chanel No 5 is world renowned, I don't think that Elizabeth Arden realised that for the average woman Red Door was better than Chanel or Dior or Bulgari and for millions of women Red Door perfume was the epitome of class and elegance and there are millions of women who have never even smelt chanel no 5 but there were very few that couldn't recognise Red Door.. because while it was not the most expensive perfume, it wasn't cheap and nasty. It was affordable enough that most mums and wives could justify the cost of buying it for every day wear and it was expensive enough to be a fantastic gift idea for the millions of other women like me who would take a bottle of red door perfume over a bottle of moet' any day. Millions of women have worn this scent for most of their adult lives and the extra special thing about wearing red door was other women and men (young and old) always complimented and asked what is that scent your wearing? I just don't understand how a company that marketed this fragrance on being so classy would change the packaging and the product to be low budget and offensive. I'm sorry but I can't wear this anymore as it is not the original Red Door and I am so disappointed that is has changed. Having said that, I would like to thank the perfumer and Elizabeth Arden for the best perfume I ever had the luxury of wearing ... Red Door was there when I've opened many doors over the years and I am sad to have to close the door on the Elizabeth Arden company because this new formula and packaging is not for me.

Gretchen S.
Gretchen S.

I don't think there is a question for me to answer, but like you im so disappointed. Red Door used to be my signature fragrance. Now ive switched to Irresistible and Guess.