Energex

Energex

Brand Manager for energex? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (11)

Hamish
Hamish

Awful

The request for energy supply removal was made through Origin Energy. I had two supplies, one was removed on 31st July 2021 but the other was rejected 23 times by Energex because the information they required was in the wrong order and this can be confirmed by the Energy Ombudsman (2021/09/00040). I had a timeline schedule but Energex don't give a damn. They are pedantic to the point of ridiculous. I complained via Sandy Bolton State MP but I guess nothing is going to change.

ServicesElectricity
Matt D.
Matt D.South East Queensland, QLD

I was home on meter reader day, it was too much effort to even ring the doorbell

Recently moved into a new property, two consecutive quarters I have received the slip in the mail advising that a meter reading was not conducted due to the tech being unable to access the property due to dogs.

The Tech clearly doesn't go to much effort, I was home the day of the second slip in the mail. The Tech does not even go to the trouble of ringing my doorbell which is unimpeded and safe to do so.

Dogs do not have access to the front yard, if the Tech was able to walk out of his car to the front of the house he would have been able to see this.

Terrible service as always from Energex - kicking goals...

Late at night. They are here to help us.

Trees took out power lines. They came out 7:30 at night and turned our power on. Thank you so very much. One from Greenbank and the other from Redland. Keep up an Amazing job.

Jenika
Jenika

One star is generous for this mob

What an absolute crock of s***
They won't turn on our power until they do a "visual inspection" of the house. We go out of our way and jump through hoops to organise keys for their inspector to go through the house.
After all this they still refuse to connect our power because they had no access to view the garden shed.
An absolute joke! As if we would have power in a garden shed.
These guys are a headache to deal with. No sympathy is shown from their call team and clearly not trained in the actual legislation when quizzed.
May as well start rubbing sticks together to get any sort of power.

KTE
KTESouth East Queensland, QLD

Notice of works would be appreciated!

Some form of notice would be appreciated when cutting electricity for numerous hours of the day. No letter in the mailbox. Zip..

Makes running a business from home impossible when you're working away and have the computer and every other item turn off. Twice in two weeks.

Barzan
Barzan

Unreliable and entitled

Poor communication and arrogant workers Clear evidence of incompetency. I should not even bother to give this review as government organisation will never be penalised for their negligence and poor service. Restoration of power at our house took 3 days with no clear explanation of their processes. The best excuse was that they were too busy.

Dave C
Dave CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Want to give a zero rating.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Marty C.
Marty C.South East Queensland, QLD

Energex team member is coming back with a police escort

The gentleman came unannounced to shut the power off. I explained I had spoken with my provider, and the matter was resolved to which he said: " If you don't let us cut your power off we'll be back with a police escort, and it's in my best interest".

I said, "how do you expect me to do that the electricity has been paid and I'm working from home".

He responded aggressively and said: "fine we'll back with the police".

What type of service is this through the pandemic? You would think you would have a little more empathy.

Jodi
JodiSydney

Energex want us to pay for the upgrade or their outdated system

Nathan H.
Nathan H.

Laziest bunch in all of Queensland.

I have been complaining about Energex coming out to read my meter for the last year or so now. I don't know who it is who keeps coming by to read my meter but it is always the same excuse. "Dog in yard".

There is no dog in the yard, The gates arn't even locked. There was never even an issue a few years back, but ever since this new law got added to protect meter readers, it seems to have let a few take advantage of it for an easy paycheque & i am getting sick of it. If you guys don't want to read my meter, Just say so & i'll do it myself from now on, Save you guys the bother.

Clearly sending complains through Origin hasn't helped any or this would've stopped months ago.

Mal
MalSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic customer service

Can't understand why Energex can't call to advise an ETA for arrival at your home to perform work, any other company that had any interest in providing reliable customer service provides this minimum level of service, but not Energex, they expect you to have your property open for a 5 hour window if you want the work completed, I'm sure the tradie doing the work has a company phone and could make a 30 second call to let you know they are on the way? I guess you can't expect too much from a Government organisation!!

Indigo
IndigoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic Performance

Twice now in less than 3 months, Energex has cut power from an entire street for more than 9 hours for 'planned maintenance'. It's so frustrating when I work from home and receive no notice, even more aggravating to look out the window and see workers sitting on chairs in the shade smoking and eating for nearly 2 of those hours, and standing around chatting next to the three big trucks they brought along (at 6am and which they left loudly idling outside my apartment for 2 hours) for the rest of the time.

YeahNooo
YeahNoooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic Planning

Energex planned power outage during 8am to 3pm in the peak of summer and school holidays.
What bright spark comes up with these out-bloody-standing blocks of humid times during Summer school holidays peak of heat at 33 degrees?
Do better because this is pathetic when the cooler months (when kids are at school) would be more bearable!!!
You have reconnected people's power after a storm in less than 7hrs sometimes less than 1hr!
If I could give you a 0 star rating, I damn well would.
Pathetic planning team at Energex needs a bit of common bloody sense.

Unreasonable 5 Hour Appointment Windows

Energex gives a 5 hour non-negotiable appointment window to have the power connected at a residential property and they will refuse to call on arrival. If you are getting power connected to a secure unit the assumption is you wait on the pavement of the driveway for the entire 5 hours and hope someone shows up. I've asked multiple providers (Origin etc) about the 'no call' policy and nobody has any idea. Energex just says no and doesn't provide a reason. You can't even ask for a text or email prior to arrival.

Best part is because they are the government distributor you have no option to change providers or deal with another company.

Energex couldn't care less

ServicesElectricity

D.M.
D.M.asked

My last bill was wrong. Almost double what it should be. I tried to sort this out as soon as I opened my mail after work. Origin and energex guessed that because noones home on a work day, my bill must be much bigger than the previous bills. Both companies have lied to me on the phone. I've spent hours making many calls. The Energex office is less than half a kilometre from here.
Why can't I get an accurate -ish time from the strangers who want access to my yard?
Now that I've taken a day off work to wait for them and been in multiple aguements with them ( on the same day), I'm wondering how much compensation they will provide when they accurately read the meter.
Anyone know?

Waldo
Waldo

Don't let the barst^rds get away with this. Energex is a dictatorship who are meant to read your meter, Origin, act on their 'reading' and send you the bill. Energex by experience, don't listen to anyone. The Energy Ombudsman is worth a go. Although they seem to be a parrot for Energex.They need to know. Tell Origin you will take your business elsewhere if they do not sort this out.

CategoryOnline Shops, Energy Providers, Physical Shops and Solar Retailers