Energex QLD

Energex QLD

1.5

• Rates and Fees
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (10)
Dave C

Dave CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Want to give a zero rating.

Marty C.

Marty C.South East Queensland, QLD

Energex team member is coming back with a police escort

The gentleman came unannounced to shut the power off. I explained I had spoken with my provider, and the matter was resolved to which he said: " If you don't let us cut your power off we'll be back with a police escort, and it's in my best interest".

I said, "how do you expect me to do that the electricity has been paid and I'm working from home".

He responded aggressively and said: "fine we'll back with the police".

What type of service is this through the pandemic? You would think you would have a little more empathy.

Jodi

JodiSydney

Energex want us to pay for the upgrade or their outdated system

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Nathan H.

Nathan H.

Laziest bunch in all of Queensland.

I have been complaining about Energex coming out to read my meter for the last year or so now. I don't know who it is who keeps coming by to read my meter but it is always the same excuse. "Dog in yard".

There is no dog in the yard, The gates arn't even locked. There was never even an issue a few years back, but ever since this new law got added to protect meter readers, it seems to have let a few take advantage of it for an easy paycheque & i am getting sick of it. If you guys don't want to read my meter, Just say so & i'll do it myself from now on, Save you guys the bother.

Clearly sending complains through Origin hasn't helped any or this would've stopped months ago.

Mal

MalSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic customer service

Can't understand why Energex can't call to advise an ETA for arrival at your home to perform work, any other company that had any interest in providing reliable customer service provides this minimum level of service, but not Energex, they expect you to have your property open for a 5 hour window if you want the work completed, I'm sure the tradie doing the work has a company phone and could make a 30 second call to let you know they are on the way? I guess you can't expect too much from a Government organisation!!

Indigo

IndigoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic Performance

Twice now in less than 3 months, Energex has cut power from an entire street for more than 9 hours for 'planned maintenance'. It's so frustrating when I work from home and receive no notice, even more aggravating to look out the window and see workers sitting on chairs in the shade smoking and eating for nearly 2 of those hours, and standing around chatting next to the three big trucks they brought along (at 6am and which they left loudly idling outside my apartment for 2 hours) for the rest of the time.

YeahNooo

YeahNoooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic Planning

Energex planned power outage during 8am to 3pm in the peak of summer and school holidays.
What bright spark comes up with these out-bloody-standing blocks of humid times during Summer school holidays peak of heat at 33 degrees?
Do better because this is pathetic when the cooler months (when kids are at school) would be more bearable!!!
You have reconnected people's power after a storm in less than 7hrs sometimes less than 1hr!
If I could give you a 0 star rating, I damn well would.
Pathetic planning team at Energex needs a bit of common bloody sense.

Unreasonable 5 Hour Appointment Windows

Energex gives a 5 hour non-negotiable appointment window to have the power connected at a residential property and they will refuse to call on arrival. If you are getting power connected to a secure unit the assumption is you wait on the pavement of the driveway for the entire 5 hours and hope someone shows up. I've asked multiple providers (Origin etc) about the 'no call' policy and nobody has any idea. Energex just says no and doesn't provide a reason. You can't even ask for a text or email prior to arrival.

Best part is because they are the government distributor you have no option to change providers or deal with another company.

Energex couldn't care less

Matt G.

Matt G.South East Queensland, QLD

This is what happens when there’s no accountability

Had a service booking for a new commercial lease. As per usual, the ‘booking window’ was 5 hours, between 8:00am and 1:00pm. The empty space Energex needs to service is empty but they seem to think someone should sit in the empty space and wait... Rather than arrive at the property and use a mobile phone to call and have the space opened apparently ‘Energex won’t call’.

This is a perfect example of government entities having no accountability with no regard for anyone or anything else. Just because Energex obviously has time to sit around for hours on end doesn’t mean everyone does.

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

What service NIL so far

Request for removal of power from house to temporary pole (2 metres away) 2 months and counting now cannot look at it until 8 May that will be over 3 months.
Its Ok for me to have to pay all the contractors and civil engineers for works and there is nil customer service.
Having a monopoly on the works is just not Australian and fair.
Thanks energex you are sending me broke costing me 5 grand a month.

Unhappy customer

Panel Purchased Not applicable
GlenL

GlenLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable power supply

Yet again we have lost power, at least once every month plus any storm. Very poor and i think we should get a discount for the unreliable supply we get

Mark Sayfi

Mark Sayfi

The worst ever customer service I have ever seen

Cass

CassSydney, NSW

Unreliable!Energex seem to blame all external companies related to there own faults. Time frames and notes don’t matter.

Power reconnected

Energex, Stupidity, Laziness, Unethical nonsense

Get quotes

Energex finally turned on the power for my property where a very young family were residing.
Thanks.

Although it took many letters, phone calls and emails, Energex established the connection just in the nick of time.

I only wish they would be more proactive, sincere, and empathetic to people’s needs so anxieties aren’t raised.

Please Energex consider doing your job better, particularly with small families.

Belle

BelleGold Coast

What did Tallai have before candles? Electricity!!!!

The area of Tallai has been out of power for 2 days!
Energex sitting at road closure says Christmas Day and when phoning Energex we told 4pm today. Which one is it?
Electricity lines still down in Tarawara, red flagged properties for medical reasons yet still nothing.
People are now having to go to hotels and hospitals to be ok medically.
Who is paying these bills? I do hope Energex is compensating those who have had to go and those who have lost thousands of dollars in food. We all understand not your fault they came down but you should be ready to get the public back on faster.
Very poor service, this is now the 4th time in less than a month Energex!

Unreasonable and annoying to deal with

Pretty nasty feeling to get to your new house on a Wednesday night to find your power hasn't been connected. No phone call or email to let me know what's going on. Wouldn't connect power because of soap on kitchen sink. I've got nowhere to put my things after moving up from Victoria because of these totally unrealistic expectations. Now I have to pay $150 to get it connected on Saturday because the only time I can be present at the property on the weekends.
4 days without power because some idiot is afraid of hand soap.
Absolutely useless and stupidly difficult to deal with

Called for outage, wanted me to pay the fee

Called Energex after calling to my energy provider, told them all the units were out of energy and also the street light as well and plus the neighbours. They wanted me to pay the fee for the service.

D.M.

D.M.asked

My last bill was wrong. Almost double what it should be. I tried to sort this out as soon as I opened my mail after work. Origin and energex guessed that because noones home on a work day, my bill must be much bigger than the previous bills. Both companies have lied to me on the phone. I've spent hours making many calls. The Energex office is less than half a kilometre from here.
Why can't I get an accurate -ish time from the strangers who want access to my yard?
Now that I've taken a day off work to wait for them and been in multiple aguements with them ( on the same day), I'm wondering how much compensation they will provide when they accurately read the meter.
Anyone know?

Waldo
Waldo

Don't let the barst^rds get away with this. Energex is a dictatorship who are meant to read your meter, Origin, act on their 'reading' and send you the bill. Energex by experience, don't listen to anyone. The Energy Ombudsman is worth a go. Although they seem to be a parrot for Energex.They need to know. Tell Origin you will take your business elsewhere if they do not sort this out.

Other Solar Retailers