Ergobaby Original

4.4

Weiwei

WeiweiPerth, WA

Great to be hands free

I always have a preference for prams but on the occasions when we could in use a carrier this was perfect. Fits easily on the hip bone and very comfortable on the shoulders and back. Mainly used it baby facing me and have not tried facing outwards, but baby was always snug and comfortable and easy to slide in.
I like the pockets in front for keys, phone etc and the hood on top to shield baby from sun as well as distractions so baby can sleep.
Probably the only thing I haven’t mastered until now is being able to clip myself up at the top. Maybe I’m just not flexible enough, but it hasn’t been a problem with asking others to clip me.

Lisa

Lisa

A new Mumma's must-have!!

I highly recommend the Ergobaby to any new Mum. It was a life saver!!

Very easy to use and can use from birth. Was excellent for carrying my baby whilst getting on with other tasks without breaking my back.

My partner also loved it and used it just as much as me and loved it!

Purchased in September 2018 at Baby Mode.

SedaSydney, NSW

Comfortable & easy to use

I absolutely love this carrier. Once you figure out how to put it on by yourself it’s really easy. You can carry baby in different positions including the side. My 5 month loves it too, he often falls asleep when facing me. It’s great for walks, shopping & travelling. Even when we are visiting family I always take the ergo with me. It’s really comfy and the support is great, I have had my son on their for extended times and didn’t really feel the weight cause it distributes it evenly.
It does get a bit hot in the summer, but I guess that would be with any carrier when baby is stuck on you. I would recommend this all parents.

Purchased in January 2020.

ergobaby is good

Easy to use. Can carry baby in any direction with the 360. Baby often falls asleep in the carrier which is also great. Easily adjustable straps to suit any size person.

Chrystal F.

Chrystal F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nice Carrier

I love how simple it is to use. It does get a little uncomfortable after a while. It also gets a bit hot in Summer. In saying that I have been loving it and so has my heavy, slightly clingy 8 month old. It allows him to explore the world with Mumma.

Purchased in March 2020.

Mandy GPerth, WA

Easy to use

It's convenient and easy to use. Instructions are clear but if lost can find on Youtube for demonstration. Infant insert is needed for babies under 3 or 4 months old. We used it when go for a walk, travelling and shopping. Would definitely recommend if anyone not using a pram.

Horrible

Its cool but don't buy it for wanted walks out side. Forget about because able to out in on yourself with a jacket . I can't reach my hands to my back to buckle up the clip. And baby snowsuit is so uncomfortable in it. She's to big for newborn insert but to small without it her legs slip out the bottom and her legs are too small to hangout the side. It annoys the crap out of me I can't clip it myself it's so stupidly made.

Mpdrsn

MpdrsnNarre Warren

I am so its a great carrier, but terrible company

I have had so much trouble getting in contact with Ergobaby customer support. I have been told there is only one person to talk to who can deal with my enquiry and basically I need to wait for her to get in contact with me. Two months later of calls, emails and not to mention still $230 out of pocket. So dissapointed and with my baby due just around the corner, I needed to buy a different branded carrier. So spending $500 just to get one carrier is devastating. Not to mention the company deletes reviews off their website. Cheeky Cheeky Ergobaby.

st3r

st3rSydney, NSW

Life saver

We loved the ergo. After reading all the new research about babies hips and correct carrier positioning it was an easy choice to buy the ergo original. We had 2 babies who loved being carried in the ergo. They also loved to sleep in it. Easy to use compared to some of the slings and wraps i had tried and failed to master.

Larry

LarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a fan, bulky, uncomfortable, cant feel the support

I have a baby Bjorne with no back support so borrowed this from a friend to try. My back and shoulders hurt just as much. I’m out walking now and am all sweaty from the synthetic fabric. It’s scratchy so you have to wear a t shirt under. Straps are very bulky. They are sitting in my underarm. I’m looking forward to getting home and taking it off. I won’t be using it again. Will happily go back to my slim, cotton baby Bjorne.

Nicole

NicoleWA, 6063

Love this

I really love my baby carrier. I wish I had this when I had my 1st baby. I use it all the time I now love baby carring. It super easy to use and put on. My baby loves it many a time she will fall asleep in it. I started using when my baby was bout 2 months and she is now 9 and still easy to put her in and use.

CMN

CMNAdelaide

Brilliant life saver

With a clingy first born who had colic this was a life saver. I baby wore him and was able to do things around the home and help my baby pass wind. Now with my second it been amazing I baby wear number 2 while engaging with number 1 and also doing things around the home. It's. A brilliant product easy to use and put on. It's a snug fit and both my boys loved it.

Shannon

Shannon

Fantastic, easy to use!

This is an exceptional baby carrier, so easy to get on and off on your own. I really loved the feeling of having my babies so close and it was easy to breastfeed while wearing it. The only criticism is that it can be too hot and sticky in Queensland's weather.

LillyLou

LillyLouBrisbane

Ergobaby Carrier is the best!

We absolutely loved our ergobaby and used it until our babies were around 2 years old. It was durable, easy to clean and didn't hurt my back when I would carry the children for long periods of time (I have a bad back). We used the carrier in two positions - front and back. I did need help to get a baby in the carrier when I was using the back position but it's super easy to use when carrying a baby on your front.

We never used the Ergobaby Carrier for our newborns as I didn't like the newborn insert. We used a sling until they were around 4 months old and then used the Ergobaby Carrier.

Mel

MelSydney

Great carrier, easy to use

Jay

JayCoffs Harbour

Ergobaby All The Way!!!

I absolutely love my ergobaby, I purchased for my second child. It is very supportive compared to other brands out there, and very very comfortable to wear. Easy to use and easy to pop on yourself without any help. I will be using it again for my third child, this time with the newborn insert.

evav

evav

Great carrier esp from 6 months +

I really liked this and used it daily from about 6months as I didn't really like the newborn insert that is sold separately. Handy and comfortable carrier. we used it well into the first year. Easy to get bubs in and out of and very comfortable the hood is great too esp in summer i would recommend it

Mel

MelBrisbane

Loved our Ergobaby Carrier

LeeAnne35

LeeAnne35AU

My youngest is 3 and still using it

I bought my ergo baby (original) when my oldest was 9months (now 4.5y/o). I wish I got it when he was younger! I originally got it to take on a trip for the airport but used it every. I found it was simple to you use and distributed the weight well and the boys seemed happy in it. I ended up getting the polar fleece, rain cover and bum bag attachments. When my second came along 9 months later it came even more handy and allowed me to run around with my older baby. I still use it now that my baby is three on bush walks!

nic151

nic151AU

Excellent carrier - so comfy!

This carrier was very comfortable, because most of the weight sits on the hips I could wear it for hours without getting a sore back at all. It was also great for my baby who liked being upright (so would be good generally for babies with reflux). The newborn insert was also good, pretty easy to use.

Nathalia

Nathaliaasked

Original

A friend give me her ergo is a old one. My question is I need to buy a insert can I buy any insert?

Seda

Yes you can get the infant insert additionally. It is on the ergobaby website, the original has 2 colours beige and a light grey. In the description it also has information on which carriers they are compatible with.

Caryl C.

Caryl C.asked

Original Sport

Hi - is it possible to front carry bub forward facing in this carrier

Mandy G

Yes but only when the baby's neck is strong enough. Maybe from at least 4 months old onwards depending on how strong your bub is.

Matt and Sara

Matt and Saraasked

Original

I’ve been given an Ergobaby carrier but it’s an old one so I have no idea which model it is and if I need to buy an insert for it. The only information I have is that it’s red and has the old Ergobaby logo. Any help?

Karrie H.Ergobaby

Hi Matt and Sarah - due to the carrier being older and having the old Ergobaby logo you will need an insert to wear your baby from newborn (3.2kg). If you want to be 100% sure before you purchase the infant insert please feel free to send a picture of the carrier to support@ergobaby.com.au and our team can verify your carrier make and also help you to purchase an insert.
Our carriers are made to last so we hope that you and your baby will make many happy memories in your 'new' Ergobaby carrier!

Get an answer from our members and Ergobaby representatives