Must have product

I love my hug a bub. My babies love it too. I used it for my 2yo until he was about 6 months and now am using the same one for my 2mo. It is good as new. It’s my number one way to get bub to sleep! Also it enables me to do chores and get out and about with my toddler in the pram and my baby in the wrap. I can chase my toddler in the park with bub in the hug a bub. It washes very well. It’s easy to put on. It’s easy to breast feed around if you keep it on. It is comfortable.

Purchased in August 2018.

Sandy

SandySydney, NSW

My baby absolutely loves this carrier!

Purchased in January 2020.

Tan

TanNortheast, VIC

Exactly what I needed!!

My little man hated being put down, so I was recommended this product. Started using it at 4-6wks, took a little bit of time to get proficient at the wrapping technique but honestly haven't looked back since! He felt very safe and secure from the very beginning.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$80.00.

Hummingbird

HummingbirdSouthwest, VIC

Cannot live without my Hug a Bub!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Rebecca

RebeccaSydney, NSW

Lots of information provided

Have not used it yet but feel educated about its purpose and safety from documents that came with it and to have step by step instructions as well as video is great!

Purchased at Baby Bunting for A$120.00.

Laura

Laura

The Best

Just bought this for my friend. We used ours from 3weeks-2.5 years. Loved it. My husband and I could both use the same one without any problems and he is a foot taller than me. Absolutely the best investment/most used baby product we owned.

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$99.00.

Sofie W.

Sofie W.

Love it!

I love this wrap so much. I’ve just bought a second one. My baby girl is 4 months old and not a day has gone by that I haven’t used it. It’s super soft and just feels like another layer of clothing. I always put it on before I go out even if I have the pram, just so I can settle bub easily if I need to. I have a structured carrier too but this is a lot more comfortable while she’s still little.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store.

Shannon

Shannon

Must have!!

When my little girl was just two weeks old my husband got sent to sydeny for a month with the army. without the hugabub I would not have gotten a single thing done it's so convenient to go shopping or just for when she's being fussy. Best thing I have bought, i am even thinking about purchasing a sling for quick trips.

Courtney Joey

Courtney JoeyQLD

So glad I purchased! Absolutely perfect

My daughter is 3 months old and has to be carried for hours to go to sleep, after researching for hours I decided on getting the hug a Bub organic wrap. Honestly the best thing I have ever purchased. It comes with picture instructions which look complex but it's super easy to put on after the first go, bubba is super secure and comfortable and I can do almost anything while wearing her, cleaning, eating, hair and makeup etc. I'm so happy I purchased this and I seriously have no complaints, it's perfect.

Lana

LanaAdelaide

Wonderful product

Absolutely love this ring sling for my toddler and also my Newborn. The material is soft and comfortable and the colour is perfect, just as pictured. It’s a great product that makes juggling two kids under two a lot easier. I would definitely recommend this ring sling, it’s a fantastic product.

Disbelief

DisbeliefMiranda

Great comfy baby carrier

I'm currently using with my newborn and it is great! I have tried other carriers with my first child and they seems to have all the weight on my shoulders and were uncomfortable. This carrier/wrap suits my shape (short and big busted) and I don't feel like I am straining anywhere. I've done groceries and chores around the house whilst bub sleeps in the carrier (especially when unsettled). I would highly recommend.

Great carrier

Love this sling. I have tried a few different types of carriers and this is easiest and fastest to get on. The baby loves it and she usually falls asleep in it. Great when she is a bit fussy. The fabric feels sturdy yet is still breathable. Great that it is also organic.

Alexandra

AlexandraPerth, WA

Easy to use and bub loves it

A simple, easy to learn wrap that keeps baby close and happy. After two tries tying it each by hubby and I we got the right tightness to keep her up high enough but still comfy. She settles quickly once in. Offers good weight distribution but our bub is still under 4 kg. Can easily wear her for a few hours. The pocket is very convenient when out for a walk.

Sophie

Sophiesydney

Bit of a learning curve but worth it.

I have been using this with my newborn daughter (she is currently 5 weeks) - definitely a challenge to learn how to wear it correctly, I think the instructions included are unnecessarily complicated. I'd recommend joining local baby wearing groups, or watching youtube videos to help you get the hang of it. One tip I can offer is to put the wrap on tighter than you'd think you should. Bub enjoys it too, but I imagine we will need to transition to a different carrier after she reaches 3-4 months.

Lisa

Lisa

Love it.

Love the support the wrap provides. The online tutorial on how to wrap it is easy to follow. It took me a few weeks to really get the tie perfect, now I can do it in a matter of seconds.
Having the pocket is very handy and I like how the wrap folds into the pocket when not in use.
I’ve washed it and put it in the dryer several times, it has lost a bit of its original stretch but it is still good. I’ve used the same wrap for two babies in addition to my Moby wrap.

Bailie

BailieMelbourne

Perfect for around the house

My baby absolutely loves this carrier. It can be tricky to learn how to put it on, but once I got the hang of it I was using it pretty much every day. Baby is so right up against my chest without any clips or straps in the way, puts his to sleep very quickly.

Melski

MelskiSouth East Queensland, QLD

A comfortable way to wear my sweet baby.

Once I figured out how to tie this gorgeous fabric wrap it was amazing. The 100% cotton sailor stripe design looked great with my style. I wore it with my 10 week old & was so happy with how comfortable it felt. There was no back or shoulder pain. I enjoyed housework, school pick up and afternoon walks. My husband likes wearing our bub with it also. The fabric is strong and soft. Now I know how to tie it (it took just a couple of practices, don’t give up of your sleep deprived) I can tie quickly and easy.

Georgy

GeorgySydney

Love It!

Mary

MarySydney

Happy Baby Happy Mummy

Mak

MakAU

Best thing I was ever introduced to!

I was lent a hugabub from a friend to try out and I loved it so much I bought my own! It was so helpful when bub was small, it kept her happy and content. It helped build our bond and was great when out and about, no bulky pram to struggle with! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with a baby!

Angel

Angelasked

Hug-a-Bub

What is the weight limit on the hug a bug newbie?

Sean R.Hug-a-Bub

Hi Angel, the official weight limit is 3.2 kg. If your baby is smaller or premature, it is possible to use Newbie but you would need to check with your health professional first.
We hope that helps. Kind regards.

Mandi78asked

Ring Sling

Hi,
I'm after reviews of the Hugabub RING SLING, not the wrap?
Could someone please comment?

Leslie
Leslie

I am a certified babywearing instructor educated through Die Trageschule Dresden. I love the Hug A Bub ring slings, especially the new mesh one. It's cotton weave is cool and easily washed. I also like that they use quality rings and fabric from a ethical manufacturer. I have not seen any other mesh fabric slings out there. I also like that the fabrics used are not too thin/thick or cheap run of the mill cotton. Hug A Bub has great customer service and good instructions to help if you are unfamiliar with using a sling. I love ring slings because they are beautiful easy and compact. I feel like a natural mam in a ring sling. When I wear other types of carriers, I feel like I am going on a trip and have my baby packed in a back pack:)

Rubyrhi
Rubyrhi

Hi Mandi78. Just wondering if you ever purchased a hugabub ring sling? I'm thinking of going down the same path. If so how did you find it? Thank you Rhianna

Hi,

I don't have a HugaBub ring sling. I was looking for a light cotton everyday sling as I don't want to wear out my beautiful P-Sling.

I have a silk blend P-sling in slate grey. Although I wear it casually, It's quite dressy and I have had quite a few mums stop to ask me what type of sling it is.

Also, I have a BreezeBaby (same as Taylor Made Sling. Absolutely swear by it for bathing an infant. I could never manage a bath, too awkward.

My 'Seven' sling lives in the car and is my arms free kit when holding my young bub while collecting my toddler from daycare.

Wear any sling on your shoulder and not your neck or you will soon feel neck pain. Practice without a baby in until you feel what's right positioning.

Had a Natures Sway sling and regret selling it off but, at the time, I felt compelled to minimise.

Reviewer

Reviewerasked

Original

Is it worth me getting a hug bub even thou my baby is now 8kg? I previously had a carrier but it was soo uncomfortable, has anyone used the hug a bub with a bigger baby

leonie
leonie

It's really hard to say. I've got a big baby, and still use it every now and then. My guy weighs about 11.5kg now. I can't exactly remember but he was probably 6-8kg when I bought it. You could always Google or eBay a Moby Wrap and find a cheap one to see if you like it. I didn't realize a Moby Wrap is the same as (and a more generic name of) a hug a bub. And, as good as the hug a bub is, I would have tried to find something cheaper before committing had I known what they were called :).

Kellie W.
Kellie W.

Hi Julie, I'd get a woven. I had a hug-a-bub and was amazed at the difference in support. Hug-a-bubs and Mobys are invaluable for small ones, but as they get heavier, more support is warranted. Wovens can get expensive. I recommend starting out by going to a local baby-wearing group. They normally have libraries and you can try varying carriers there. Otherwise, there is the "BWBSS Aussie Babywearing Support" and the ladies in that group can help you out.

Get an answer from our members and Hug-a-Bub representatives

All three Hug-a-Bub products won the 2019 Awards for Best Baby Carriers. With a vast majority of 5-star ratings, they're a popular pick among new parents.

Made with organic cotton, these baby carriers are designed to ‘softly and supportively cradles your baby from head to toe, promoting orthopaedically correct positioning for your baby's delicate hips and spine.’

Here are the four options you can choose from:

• Pocket Wrap: Features a pocket that doubles as a storage pouch. You can wrap up the fabric of this carrier and tuck it into the pocket section.
  • Lightweight Baby Wrap: Similar to the pocket wrap, this version is lighter, and is a comfortable choice for hot weather (though it can be used all year round). It lacks the pocket feature of the above carrier.
  • Wring Sling: This baby sling is available in a reversible or mesh ring option. These let you carry your baby in any of five positions they prefer resting in, rather than just upright.
Compare all 5 Hug-a-Bub