Hug-a-Bub Carrier

Organic, Original, Organic Lightweight, etc... (See All)
See the Best Baby Carriers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hug-a-Bub

• Safety

momko77
momko77Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Loved it!

It's very convenient and easy to set-up. My 7 month year old baby feels comfortable using it and I feel comfortable as well. I get to shop and roam around and am able to use my hands. It also comes in handy when putting the baby to sleep

Purchased in September 2021 at Bubs n Grubs for $79.99.

mommy KO
mommy KOSydney, NSW

This is perfect

Perfect for my 8 month old baby. She feels comfortable and it's lightweight. Very convenient for a mom who has a lot on her plate everyday. Useful when putting the baby to sleep

Purchased in September 2021 at Bubs n Grubs for $76.

Godsclaws
GodsclawsBrisbane

Hated it.

I hate this damn thing. So frustrating! I couldn't figure out how to wear it without it digging into my neck and choking me and it was so tight around my baby's legs. Obviously I was doing something wrong but I couldn't figure out what or how to fix it. Adjusting it while bubs is in it is near impossible as the fabric does not slide through the ring easily. I didn't feel like baby was safe or secure and he squirmed and whinged. I later saw pictures of other women wearing the sling with the shoulder part spread out evenly around and down part of the shoulder. This is not how it's pictured in the hug a bub ring sling instructions. I moved on to the babydink carrier and am much, much happier.

Hug-a-Bub
Sean R.Hug-a-BubSend a private message
Megan R.
Megan R.

Too time consuming to put on and difficult

I really wanted to like this product, i researched for ages and compared baby carriers and their reviews for days. Despite practicing many many times, I can't get this right, and when I do, the baby (or stuffed animal) that I practiced with still don't sit quite right in the wrap. It also just takes too long to put on.

Purchased in July 2020.

Reviewer
ReviewerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible product

Product is extremely hard to use, fabric is such poor quality - balls form in a few uses. Does not give your baby the neck support it needs. Don’t buy into the brand.

Purchased in November 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $115.

Must have product

I love my hug a bub. My babies love it too. I used it for my 2yo until he was about 6 months and now am using the same one for my 2mo. It is good as new. It’s my number one way to get bub to sleep! Also it enables me to do chores and get out and about with my toddler in the pram and my baby in the wrap. I can chase my toddler in the park with bub in the hug a bub. It washes very well. It’s easy to put on. It’s easy to breast feed around if you keep it on. It is comfortable.

Purchased in August 2018.

Sandy
SandySydney, NSW

My baby absolutely loves this carrier!

Purchased in January 2020.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Tan
TanNortheast, VIC

Exactly what I needed!!

My little man hated being put down, so I was recommended this product. Started using it at 4-6wks, took a little bit of time to get proficient at the wrapping technique but honestly haven't looked back since! He felt very safe and secure from the very beginning.

Purchased in January 2020 for $80.

Hummingbird
HummingbirdSouthwest, VIC

Cannot live without my Hug a Bub!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Rebecca
RebeccaSydney, NSW

Lots of information provided

Have not used it yet but feel educated about its purpose and safety from documents that came with it and to have step by step instructions as well as video is great!

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $120.

Laura
Laura

The Best

Just bought this for my friend. We used ours from 3weeks-2.5 years. Loved it. My husband and I could both use the same one without any problems and he is a foot taller than me. Absolutely the best investment/most used baby product we owned.

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting for $99.

Sofie W.
Sofie W.

Love it!

I love this wrap so much. I’ve just bought a second one. My baby girl is 4 months old and not a day has gone by that I haven’t used it. It’s super soft and just feels like another layer of clothing. I always put it on before I go out even if I have the pram, just so I can settle bub easily if I need to. I have a structured carrier too but this is a lot more comfortable while she’s still little.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store.

Shannon
Shannon

Must have!!

When my little girl was just two weeks old my husband got sent to sydeny for a month with the army. without the hugabub I would not have gotten a single thing done it's so convenient to go shopping or just for when she's being fussy. Best thing I have bought, i am even thinking about purchasing a sling for quick trips.

Courtney Joey
Courtney JoeyQLD

So glad I purchased! Absolutely perfect

My daughter is 3 months old and has to be carried for hours to go to sleep, after researching for hours I decided on getting the hug a Bub organic wrap. Honestly the best thing I have ever purchased. It comes with picture instructions which look complex but it's super easy to put on after the first go, bubba is super secure and comfortable and I can do almost anything while wearing her, cleaning, eating, hair and makeup etc. I'm so happy I purchased this and I seriously have no complaints, it's perfect.

Lana
LanaAdelaide

Wonderful product

Absolutely love this ring sling for my toddler and also my Newborn. The material is soft and comfortable and the colour is perfect, just as pictured. It’s a great product that makes juggling two kids under two a lot easier. I would definitely recommend this ring sling, it’s a fantastic product.

Angel
Angelasked
Carrier

What is the weight limit on the hug a bug newbie?

Hug-a-Bub
Sean R.Hug-a-BubSend a private message

Hi Angel, the official weight limit is 3.2 kg. If your baby is smaller or premature, it is possible to use Newbie but you would need to check with your health professional first.
We hope that helps. Kind regards.

Mandi78asked
Ring Sling

Hi,
I'm after reviews of the Hugabub RING SLING, not the wrap?
Could someone please comment?

Leslie
Leslie
Rubyrhi
Rubyrhi

Hi Mandi78. Just wondering if you ever purchased a hugabub ring sling? I'm thinking of going down the same path. If so how did you find it? Thank you Rhianna

Reviewer
Reviewerasked
Original

Is it worth me getting a hug bub even thou my baby is now 8kg? I previously had a carrier but it was soo uncomfortable, has anyone used the hug a bub with a bigger baby

leonie
leonie
Kellie W.
Kellie W.

Get an answer from our members and Hug-a-Bub representatives

Hug-a-Bub Carrier

All three Hug-a-Bub products won the 2019 Awards for Best Baby Carriers. With a vast majority of 5-star ratings, they're a popular pick among new parents.

Made with organic cotton, these baby carriers are designed to ‘softly and supportively cradles your baby from head to toe, promoting orthopaedically correct positioning for your baby's delicate hips and spine.’

Here are the four options you can choose from:

• Pocket Wrap: Features a pocket that doubles as a storage pouch. You can wrap up the fabric of this carrier and tuck it into the pocket section.
  • Lightweight Baby Wrap: Similar to the pocket wrap, this version is lighter, and is a comfortable choice for hot weather (though it can be used all year round). It lacks the pocket feature of the above carrier.
  • Wring Sling: This baby sling is available in a reversible or mesh ring option. These let you carry your baby in any of five positions they prefer resting in, rather than just upright.
Compare all 9 Hug-a-Bub Carrier

No reviews yet
CategoryBaby CarriersBaby CarriersBaby CarriersBaby Carriers
Price (RRP) $89.00$99.00$120.00$119.00
Minimum Age 0 months0 months0 months0 months
Colour / FinishLatte, Watercolour Grey, Ombre Dusk, Grey Palms, CharcoalCream / Vanilla, Byron Blue, Black, French SailorSand / StoneBlack
Release dateFeb 2007Feb 2007Feb 2007Feb 2007