ALDI Estelle Mattress In A Box

ALDI Estelle Mattress In A Box

Double, Queen, Single and King

See the Best Mattresses in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This is a great bed! Great value for money!

Much more comfortable than the Koala bed in a box due to extra pillow top on the mattress. The bed is exceptional value at $250.00 No nasty smell on opening!

Purchased in July 2019 at Rosemeadow NSW for $250.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

A lot better then my expectations

We bought this thinking we don't need to spend over $2000 like we always did, thinking we'll get this and replace it again within couple of years?. It's not soft or hard, JUST right with the pillow top,that doesn't boil me like the expensive mattress we use to use, we both are very satisfied with our purchase, will recommend it .

Purchased in July 2019 at Aldi for $250.00.

Very comfortable mattess, luxury

ALDI have done it again.
There memory foam mattress is pure luxury and comfort.
I’m having the best nights sleep I have ever had.
I have a back/ neck problem caused from a MVA. And last year tore the meniscus in both knee’s. As a result I am in constant pain.
Not any more.
I purchased and put this mattress over a thin budget Harvey Norman mattress.
And it is amazing.
So snuggly it fits the curves of my body, in turn taking the pressure off.
I wake relaxed and pain free. I love it and completely recommend this ALDI mattress.
I purchased it in 2019.

Purchased in June 2019.

Sleeping PositionBack

It's ok.

Great, cheap mattress albeit being very stiff. Very little padding. We bought a foam mattress topper to put on top of it because it was too firm for us. It's awesome now with that on top and still worked out cheaper than buying a new mattress from a mattress shop.

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for $350.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Perceived FirmnessHard

Amazing and great price

We bought this for our 4 year old for $149 we were abit skeptical at first but its amazing! Very comfortable and plump, amazing price compared to other leading brands

Purchased in July 2019 at Aldi for $149.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium

Way better than expected!!

I have back issues and I honestly have noticed such an improvement in my quality of sleep since buying the mattress. I did read the reviews on here before purchasing because I was skeptical with the price only being $250 but honestly I would have paid a lot more for a mattress of this quality. The other reviews are correct, the sides are a little soft, but that’s understandable and I’m not one to sit on the side/end of the bed anyway. I would definitely consider it medium to hard. More on the medium side though. It was super easy to take home and to unravel and it didn’t smell at all. All in all I think this mattress is a steal at $250!

Purchased in April 2019 for $250.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Great product for a reasonable price.

Good product, reasonable price and very easy to transport home. It’s comfortable for an adult, perfect for kids, My weigh is 90 kg.and feels ok for me, not super firm but medium to firm.

Purchased in March 2019 for $152.90.

Sleeping PositionFront

Comfortable and cheap

My budget for a mattress was actually around $1500 however I picked one of these up for $250 more out of convenience and the good reviews. I really hate sales people, and trying to arrange to get things delivered so this worked out well. You can wheel the box to the checkout on its end so it doesn't take much room, and fits in a hatchback mazda 3.

I had to leave it for 3 days out on the balcony to allow the new foam smell to go away. Some people will be more sensitive to this than others. The mattress has firm springs with soft foam layer. I found the mattress really comfortable and getting a good sleep.

My only complaint is that the side walls of the mattress don't have enough support, if you sit on the edge of the bed it will naturally push you off.

If you want to save money then this is good for you, otherwise I think AusBeds mattress looks good and would be supporting an Aussie company.

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $250.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Incredible value for money!

Writing this after having slept on the Estelle for only one night, but I am confident that we will be just as happy after 100 nights (I will update if not!)

Have been wanting to upsize to a king for a few months (or years, even) having bought the king size sheets a year or so ago, but it took longer to take the plunge with the mattress.

As luck would have it, this week (from 9th March) these mattresses came on special at Aldi. And luckier still, on Sunday 10th, there was just one king sized left in our local store! It was meant to be!

It’s a hefty box, but luckily comes with a sturdy handle and wheels so we were able to wheel it home the two blocks to ours.

I was intrigued as to how a bed in a box would transform. There is an outer layer of plastic which maintains the rolled shape, and once that has been unrolled, the final layer is what keeps it compressed. It is truly incredible to watch the mattress inflate in a matter of minutes!

The mattress is medium firm but probably on the former side - perhaps a 7.5-8/10? There’s a little give - it’s supoortive, but doesn’t yield or sag as much as our last one did. There is no partner disturbance, which for us is fab as I am sharing with our two children at present! The less disturbance for us all the better!

The memory foam top seems to be just the right amount to cushion. I’m of slight build, so don’t have much natural padding, but I can honestly say last night was my most comfy sleep outside of a hotel in the last 6 months. So glad we have transitioned!

We are awaiting the bed base, there was one in Aldi but not my style, so currently the mattress is on the floor, however this makes no difference to the comfort provided by the mattress.

I am just gutted we didn’t purchase the Estelle sooner! I had seen them previously on offer in stall and dismissed as I thought they would be of cheap quality. But for $299 for a king mattress, amidst all the ‘bed in a box’ marketing online, I would say this is a very well kept secret and I highly recommend others. The only instance I wouldn’t recommend is if you desire a soft-medium mattress. But for the med-firm support I can’t imagine a more comfortable sleep.

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $299.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived FirmnessHard

Seems to be good value!

Bought the mattress this morning around 11am. Opened it immediately once home. No weird smell from the memory foam topper (very common sometimes) and it expanded very quickly. By 3pm we laid on it and my husband who has severe hip pain commented it had lessened already after a only half hr lie down! and he has suffered this for months now.I have severe back issues but i too found it comfortable albeit slightly too firm. Its around 6 out of 10 for firmness i would say. But for $250 for a queen with a 60 day return you havent anything to lose!

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $250.00.

Pleasantly surprised

So glad I made the purchase.

Very sceptical about the whole mattress in a box situation, unable to try before you buy, and how would you return if didn’t like it.

Been looking for a mattress for a while, but very expensive in stores. Needed something firm as old mattress sagging, trampoline effect as they say, big dip in the middle, causing sore shoulders.

Saw in the Aldi catalogue very cheap.
So read up on reviews and even found some YouTube videos about the mattress.

Based on the reviews and videos decided to give it a go. And I’m so glad I did.

Box is heavy, but has a handle and wheels to make it easy to pull around.

Easy to pull out of the box and unwrap.
Such a treat to watch the compressed mattress inflate.

It is a firm mattress to my liking but still has a softness due to the top layer. Even better with a mattress topper from Kmart.

Bought this morning. And have already had an afternoon nap on it. Very comfortable. I can’t believe this mattress came out of a box.

I bought a double for myself.

Parents also looking to update their mattress. Tried mine and bought themselves a queen mattress straight away.

I think just as good as some expensive mattresses.

Great price great value!

Very happy with purchase!

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

Best mattress we have ever bought. Over years have spent thousands tried Aldi mattress for 249.00 in

It’s the best mattress we have ever bought, my husband a heavy man but no movement when he rolls, Two years down the track still excellent I need to buy more and price fantastic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

A Surprise Mattress in a Box 2018 :-)

First..compared to brands Koala and Ecosa etc the purchase price was as cheap as chips for a QS mattress in-a-box!
Second..heavy item but excellent boxing with wheels to cart around from purchase to make it easy.
Third...didn't take overly long to expand after releasing from the compressed packaging.
Fourth..first sleep was AB FAB compared to our 10yo ultra expensive Sealy inner spring mattress with topper. We are medium soft sleepers. I don't handle a hard mattress and I love it.
Fifth...I should have bought another for our spare bed but only bought one as a trial.

Other info that might be helpful after 6.5 months use:
It has been used in summer weather and it has not been a hot mattress
It has no dipping where we sleep.
It is a heavy mattress compared to any of our old inner spring mattresses, You would def need two or three people to move it once it has expanded it lol.

Would I buy another Mattress-In-A-Box from Aldi? Hell Yes....a couple more actually! It was a real surprise package - I thought for the price it would be crap but so far it is not!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Now Jan 2019 and this mattress is still performing well and lovely to sleep on. No dipping and love that I don't get the "trampoline experience" when the other half turns around in his sleep!

Amazing

Purchased the aldi mattress in a box.. For the spare room .its so comfortable and supportive. That our guests are shocked to discover its aldi..
Unfortunately. We now have to wait for the sale to return to purchase another mattress
Totally recommend this product

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Absolutely perfect & very comfortable

Right from buying it from Aldi this purchase was amazing. Not only cheap $199 for DS but the box had wheels on it for easy transportation
It fitted in the boot of my car to take to my daughters & the pillow top was to so comfortable.
This is a great product.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best quality at incredible price

Comfy mattress and top quality product at incredible price. Browse wide range of different stores in quest to buy a quality mattress at a lower price. Aldi won our heart

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good value

I have been extremely happy with the mattress. We had been looking for a new mattress and found all the information and price difference daunting. We thought we would buy this one and if we didn’t like it we could use it for the guest bedroom. We love it. Couldn’t recommend it more highly and my husband has for the first time in ages able to sleep all through the night

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Firm mattress masquerading as medium

This mattress advertised as medium is in my view much too hard to rank as medium. I believe if you are describing mattresses it is best to err on the side of firmness as cushioning is what a mattress is for and one that is too firm is probably less tolerable than one that is soft.
I would describe it as firm, if not very firm. It seems the springs are quite firm and the padding layers on top is just too thin. The memory foam layer shown on the box seems quite thin and in actuality is pulled down into diamond block pattern channels by the tautness of the quilting stiching on the cover. This produces an initial lack of support between channels. The remaining expanded foam initially disguises the underlying spring firmness, but after a while it apparently compresses and I feel uncomfortable pressure especially on shoulders and hips that causes me to toss and turn. Even adding a padded mattress protector and quality wool underblanket with about 30 mm pile has not alleviated this discomfort and I am finding it hard to get a good nights sleep. I am considering a 5 or 8cm memory foam topper to make it bearable. Ironically I bought this mattress because I found our full memory foam one too sweaty.

June 20th 2018 Update: After 6 weeks, still a hard mattress, not medium as advertised.

After 6 weeks use we have found that the Estelle Queen size "medium firmness" mattress we purchased early May 2018 continues to be in fact "very firm". After reading (as one earlier reviewer has posted) that it compares well with a $3000 mattress, we bought it to replace our prior closed cell full memory foam mattress we found too sweaty. As mostly side sleepers we relied on the medium firmness description as making it suitable for all sleep positions. However, from initial purchase and use of the Estelle we had a week of sleep interrupted nights rolling over from uncomfortable hip and shoulder pressure, in which the springs did not "soften up" at all. To avoid the difficulty of repackaging and return we bought an 8cm gel memory foam topper (60kg/cubic metre density). Using this has made the mattress tolerable but still a little too firm on hips and shoulders for totally uninterrupted sleep. (A sculpted support zone topper may have been a better choice). The topper also makes the bed very high off the ground and requires very high sided sheets. In contrast to another reviewer's comments that because the Estelle mattress comes out of box the edges are softly springed and easy to roll off, this is not the case with our mattress at all. Even after six weeks use it has no tendency for roll off (I am a fit 88kg) and the mattress is uniformly firm. It seems the spring specifications may have been changed from the time of earlier reviews to uniformly much harder springs; if so this was a poor manufacturing decision that should have been accompanied by a firmness scale re-ranking in the advertising. I suspect someone from Aldi is contributing over-favorable reviews. All in all I now think a mattress is a definite try before you buy purchase.

Very Comfortable

We have had our “bed in a box”
Mattress for a couple of years now, admittedly as a guest bed & it is very comfortable. Some friends have stayed on it for a week or so & my husband & I used it for about a month & found it great except the only complaint is because it did come out of a box the sides are not firm at all so when you sit on the edge you tend to skip off. Apart from that it is exceptional value for money

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Fantastic Product

Don't be worried about the "mattress in a box" concept - it's works fantastically well.

First, the mattress is easily transported (with two people if there are stairs). Second, it is easy to remove from its vacuum-sealed packaging and expands smoothly and easily.

Third, the mattress is fantastic quality and competes with $3000 mattresses I have had previously. It is on the "firm" side with a small foam comfort top, but the quality and support from the pocket springs is amazingly good, particularly for those with bad backs. I sleep very soundly on this mattress.

For the price you simply cannot do better. Incredible value. 100% recommended, you will not regret this purchase (unless you like super super soft mattresses). Crowds should line up for this one when it's next on sale.

Date PurchasedApr 2017