Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.7

Lisa S

Lisa SSydney, NSW

I love this mattress! So comfortable and just the right amount of support! You would never know it came out of a box!

Fabulous, comfortable ! One year later it is just as good! No change in comfort . You wouldn’t believe it came out of a box! Our last mattress costing more than $3000 was very similar

Purchased at ALDI for A$189.00.

Michelle

MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very unhappy

I left my mattress for 2days after taking out of box before I used it like it says to do with in one week of having great sleep now it feels sagging & flat like it had hole in it as soon as I lay in it

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$299.00.

Perceived Firmness Very Soft

Stephen L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is pretty good value for the money.

On the firm side, but still quite comfortable, my sleep was noticeably better with less turning over.
The edge of the mattress is quite supportive too. Overall this represents very good value for the money.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$249.00.

DarceSydney, NSW

Worth well above the price.

I bought this mattress for my daughter for a meager &100!! A pillow top, pocket spring mattress for $100!!! I thought there must be something wrong but when I unpacked it I was pleasantly surprised. This is worth so much more than $100!! I laid on it to try it out and I'm actually envious of how comfortable it is. It is more comfortable than my $1500 latex pillowtop. A solid quality mattress and there wasn't much of a smell at all like some of the peanuts have said here. Yes it us medium support but really supports in the right places. I've slept on a soft mattress and know how bad it is for your back. My daughter loves it and says it's incredibly comfortable. Now I'm going to replace mine with 1. A great mattress!!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$100.00.

Toni

ToniCanberra 2600, ACT

Worst Mattress Ever

This has to be the worst purchase we have ever made! You may aswell sleep on concrete! No matter what topper you have on it does NOT help!
I want a refund!

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$299.00.

kerin fogarty

kerin fogartyGippsland, VIC

not for me

I purchased this last month with high hopes, but it way too firm for me, even with a good
eggshell topper on it was like sleeping on concrete. I woke with aching back and did not get
a good nights sleep anytime. I am a slight frame lady, 55kg so maybe that's why it did not
suit me, but it was, for me, a waste of money.

Purchased in March 2020 at Leongatha for A$149.00.

Dennis G.

Dennis G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Surprisingly comfortable.

I purchased this mattress out of desperation as I could no longer sleep on our $1,800 mattress that we purchased from Harvey Norman 5 years ago. I have a pre existing back injury from my time in the military and would constantly wake up in pain, however I immediately noticed an improvement in my quality of sleep and lack of pain upon waking since sleeping on the aldi mattress. The mattress is medium to firm but the topper makes it quite comfortable.
A bargain buy.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$250.00.

Peter M

Peter MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Surprisingly comfortable mattress

I bought this mattress ten days ago. I can only fault the edge support. Don't sit on the edges, and you will be fine. Once you lay on the mattress, you will not roll off if near the edge, so no dramas here. While I would like if the mattress was a bit firmer, it is still very comfortable. Partner disturbance is minimal.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$249.00.

Gateway7

Gateway7Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The third night I woke up with a huge rush on my back, hips and legs, awful. Would have expected better quality.

The mattress is comfortable to sleep on, just some poisonous chemicals what they used to make the mattress with but they don't. Useless mattress, look forward to bring it back to Aldi after Easter.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$299.00.

Rene

ReneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So glad i purchased it

Very comfortable,. feels like i'm sleeping on cloud also holds heat and only downside it has a bit of a smell ,. still new though. It was a bit a of a hassle to unwrap it , it took 2 of us to completely lay it out ,. Great the box had rollers to help transport around.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$249.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
KennedyKlann

KennedyKlann

Don’t waste your money!

I brought this for our spare room, wish I had saved the money. Mattress has a horrible chemical smell that no amount of airing gets rid off. It has no support wall around the edge so when you sit on it or kneel on the edge the whole mattress sags. This is the same if you have two adults sleeping in it, as soon as you move to a side it sags. You can almost fold the mattress in half. If you stand it against a wall it can’t stand it sags in half. Once we unrolled ours the mattress the topper didn’t bounce, fluff up and level out nicely like it was meant to, we now have a huge lump in the middle of one side of the bed. The mattress is VERY firm even with a plush mattress topper added to the top. Don’t waste your money!

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for A$200.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
country girl in the big

country girl in the big Sydney Surrounds, NSW

I regret this purchase

We purchased 12months ago. No health concerns, but wake in pain from this mattress. Sleep has been affected with this mattress, I would not recommend this mattress. It is a firm mattress. Shape has been maintained so hasn’t sagged, honestly I wish it had sagged as then it would be softer. Saving up to replace this 12 month old mattress.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for A$299.00.

skr

skrCanberra 2600, ACT

Cancer bed

Mattress stinks of chemicals even after 3 years, may be fire retardants. Hope these aren't cancer causing chemicals.
mattress is comfortable will not buy again. will spend extra dollars be safe

Purchased at Greenway.

Adjustment PeriodMonths

Really Great Value!

I highly recommend it!
It's so comfortable. I like a firm mattress and it's perfect.
I purchased 2 other expensive mattresses from Sleeping Giant and I prefer the Aldi bed in a box!

Purchased in February 2018 at ALDI.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Lach

LachCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Worst mattress, much better options out there.

Brought it for a temporary replacement and wish I had saved my money for something better. This is a terrible mattress in all regards and would only be worth it for a cheap mattress for a spare bed that rarely gets used but even then there are much better options.

For some unknown reason it is also noticeably smaller than a regular queen mattress in both length and width.

Avoid.

peeeved1

peeeved1

Maybe the people giving 5 stars are paid?

Terrible horrible worst matress ever! My parents have one of these and i want to call it a total piece of sh!# matress. all i can say is horrendous kidney and lower back pain, side pain, shoulder pain and our heads feel like they dip down. its just rubbish. We now tip the bed and frame up and sleep on a couple of foam mats on the carpet over this thing. it is especially bad in the middle of the matress where i suspect it was folded? Im not sure as i didnt buy it thank god. If i did i would be soaking it in petrol and watching it burn in an aldi carpark, It absolutely ruins our holiday trips to family and all of my siblings hate sleeping on it.

Rickster

RicksterPerth, WA

No Partner Disturbance

Great quality. Was waking in the night from my wife rolling over. This mattress is fantastic for fixing that problem. No partner disturbance at all. A little firmer than Im used to but great back support. For the price it's amazing value. Will get the kids one when they're next in store.

Purchased at ALDI for A$249.00.

Sleeping PositionFront

Sleeping on a cloud

We bought these for our children who were complaining their current mattresses were uncomfortable. After leaving them to "inflate" for 2 days west them up. They were not heavy to carry and our holder. Say it is like sleeping in a cloud! I had to test the theory and felt like I was in a marshmallow. They are very well made and we are so pleased with our purchase.

Purchased at ALDI.

Perceived Firmness Soft
Geoffrey_Cartridge

Geoffrey_CartridgeAU

Despite my doubts, I was needlessly sceptical. It is excellent.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$249.00.

disappointed harvey norm

disappointed harvey normSydney, NSW

This is a great bed! Great value for money!

Much more comfortable than the Koala bed in a box due to extra pillow top on the mattress. The bed is exceptional value at $250.00 No nasty smell on opening!

Purchased in July 2019 at Rosemeadow NSW for A$250.00.