ALDI Estelle Mattress In A Box

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now

David A.

David A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love these matresses. Reasonably priced and worth it!

Love these matresses. We have purchased 6 of them now and have been using then for last 5 years with no issues at all. Very comfy, cant go wrong. Everyone has very different expectations for matresses. Ive spent up to $5000 in the past for a mattress and found this one for a few hundred dollars just as good.

Purchased in April 2015 at ALDI for A$549.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Steve

Steve

Dont do it, we bought one last time they were on special and i just noticed they are back in the latest catalog.

Have a read thru all the negative comments, every single one of them mention one or more of the SAME problems that ours had. When we left our last apartment, we cut it apart and jammed the horrible thing in a dumpster. I should of taken it back to aldi and demanded a refund, but you know what aldis customer service is like.
Buyer beware, they start off nice but after some time, longer for some but you will, without a doubt experience some sort of problem.
Buy something better, the main problem with these is that the springs and stuff inside have to be able to crush to fit in the box, so it makes sense as to why they wear out so quick.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side

Awful. 16 months after purchase it destroyed my back

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for A$189.00.

Perceived FirmnessSoft

Liz G

Liz GSydney, NSW

Worst mattress ever

At first I thought this mattress was great. On reflection I think it must have been the excitement of a king size bed. The mattress is too spongy and sinks when you sit down on it. The mattress also developed a large dip on my side of the bed, so much so I am convinced some of the springs are faulty. We rotated the mattress so that I wasn’t sleeping in a gully but overall I guess in this instance you get what you pay for.

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI for A$299.00.

Perceived FirmnessSoft
Yani

Yani

Disappointed by the mattress

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for A$249.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Lisa S

Lisa SSydney, NSW

I love this mattress! So comfortable and just the right amount of support! You would never know it came out of a box!

Fabulous, comfortable ! One year later it is just as good! No change in comfort . You wouldn’t believe it came out of a box! Our last mattress costing more than $3000 was very similar

Purchased at ALDI for A$189.00.

Michelle

MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very unhappy

I left my mattress for 2days after taking out of box before I used it like it says to do with in one week of having great sleep now it feels sagging & flat like it had hole in it as soon as I lay in it

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$299.00.

Perceived FirmnessVery Soft

Stephen L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is pretty good value for the money.

On the firm side, but still quite comfortable, my sleep was noticeably better with less turning over.
The edge of the mattress is quite supportive too. Overall this represents very good value for the money.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$249.00.

Darce

DarceSydney, NSW

Worth well above the price.

I bought this mattress for my daughter for a meager &100!! A pillow top, pocket spring mattress for $100!!! I thought there must be something wrong but when I unpacked it I was pleasantly surprised. This is worth so much more than $100!! I laid on it to try it out and I'm actually envious of how comfortable it is. It is more comfortable than my $1500 latex pillowtop. A solid quality mattress and there wasn't much of a smell at all like some of the peanuts have said here. Yes it us medium support but really supports in the right places. I've slept on a soft mattress and know how bad it is for your back. My daughter loves it and says it's incredibly comfortable. Now I'm going to replace mine with 1. A great mattress!!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$100.00.

Toni

ToniCanberra 2600, ACT

Worst Mattress Ever

This has to be the worst purchase we have ever made! You may aswell sleep on concrete! No matter what topper you have on it does NOT help!
I want a refund!

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$299.00.

kerin fogarty

kerin fogartyGippsland, VIC

not for me

I purchased this last month with high hopes, but it way too firm for me, even with a good
eggshell topper on it was like sleeping on concrete. I woke with aching back and did not get
a good nights sleep anytime. I am a slight frame lady, 55kg so maybe that's why it did not
suit me, but it was, for me, a waste of money.

Purchased in March 2020 at Leongatha for A$149.00.

Dennis G.

Dennis G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Surprisingly comfortable.

I purchased this mattress out of desperation as I could no longer sleep on our $1,800 mattress that we purchased from Harvey Norman 5 years ago. I have a pre existing back injury from my time in the military and would constantly wake up in pain, however I immediately noticed an improvement in my quality of sleep and lack of pain upon waking since sleeping on the aldi mattress. The mattress is medium to firm but the topper makes it quite comfortable.
A bargain buy.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$250.00.

Peter M

Peter MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Surprisingly comfortable mattress

I bought this mattress ten days ago. I can only fault the edge support. Don't sit on the edges, and you will be fine. Once you lay on the mattress, you will not roll off if near the edge, so no dramas here. While I would like if the mattress was a bit firmer, it is still very comfortable. Partner disturbance is minimal.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$249.00.

Gateway7

Gateway7Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The third night I woke up with a huge rush on my back, hips and legs, awful. Would have expected better quality.

The mattress is comfortable to sleep on, just some poisonous chemicals what they used to make the mattress with but they don't. Useless mattress, look forward to bring it back to Aldi after Easter.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$299.00.

Rene

ReneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So glad i purchased it

Very comfortable,. feels like i'm sleeping on cloud also holds heat and only downside it has a bit of a smell ,. still new though. It was a bit a of a hassle to unwrap it , it took 2 of us to completely lay it out ,. Great the box had rollers to help transport around.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$249.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

KennedyKlann

KennedyKlann

Don’t waste your money!

I brought this for our spare room, wish I had saved the money. Mattress has a horrible chemical smell that no amount of airing gets rid off. It has no support wall around the edge so when you sit on it or kneel on the edge the whole mattress sags. This is the same if you have two adults sleeping in it, as soon as you move to a side it sags. You can almost fold the mattress in half. If you stand it against a wall it can’t stand it sags in half. Once we unrolled ours the mattress the topper didn’t bounce, fluff up and level out nicely like it was meant to, we now have a huge lump in the middle of one side of the bed. The mattress is VERY firm even with a plush mattress topper added to the top. Don’t waste your money!

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for A$200.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
country girl in the big

country girl in the big Sydney Surrounds, NSW

I regret this purchase

We purchased 12months ago. No health concerns, but wake in pain from this mattress. Sleep has been affected with this mattress, I would not recommend this mattress. It is a firm mattress. Shape has been maintained so hasn’t sagged, honestly I wish it had sagged as then it would be softer. Saving up to replace this 12 month old mattress.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for A$299.00.

skr

skrCanberra 2600, ACT

Cancer bed

Mattress stinks of chemicals even after 3 years, may be fire retardants. Hope these aren't cancer causing chemicals.
mattress is comfortable will not buy again. will spend extra dollars be safe

Purchased at Greenway.

Adjustment PeriodMonths

Really Great Value!

I highly recommend it!
It's so comfortable. I like a firm mattress and it's perfect.
I purchased 2 other expensive mattresses from Sleeping Giant and I prefer the Aldi bed in a box!

Purchased in February 2018 at ALDI.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Lach

LachCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Worst mattress, much better options out there.

Brought it for a temporary replacement and wish I had saved my money for something better. This is a terrible mattress in all regards and would only be worth it for a cheap mattress for a spare bed that rarely gets used but even then there are much better options.

For some unknown reason it is also noticeably smaller than a regular queen mattress in both length and width.

Avoid.