Neo Buddy, Neo Buddy Grill
See the Best Gas BBQs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Everdure

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (2) · No (1)
  • Safety

The TwosomePerth, WA

Great little BBQ

It is great on our balcony. We use it it for 2-4 people. We cook sausages and steaks, haven't yet tried to do a roast but wouldn't mind having a go.

We have only one issue- we can't ignite it - so always have to do it manually.

It is easy to keep clean.
With the fat collection - I can't find those small round foil containers in our shops. So this is what I do. I still have the original one and I line it with alfoil, dispose of that after each use and put in clean alfoil ready for next time.

Purchased at Barbeques Galore.

Alexis P.Everdure

Hi there, great to hear that you are happy with your purchase, your review and helpful hints will be passed on to our marketing department. Thanks the team at Everdure.

Chris
ChrisInvercargill NZ

With attached rotisserie

What a great Barbie for a medium size family. Now 6 years old I decided to add a rotisserie. I put it together with a piece of scrap metal and with an inexpensive rotisserie, see the pictures it works like a dream with chicken or any medium sized rolled roast, just adds another dimention. Would be great to have this option on a new barbie.

Purchased in May 2013 at Bunnings.

Alexis P.Everdure

Hi there, thanks for the feedback on your Buddy, your feedback and great pictures have been passed on to our marketing department.
The team at Everdure.

cambike
cambikeSydney, NSW

Great except for 1 design fault

If only I did not have to use a fine piece of wire to clean the few gas hole outlets that always get blocked so the entire pipe ignites as it should!
A metal cowling should cover the entire gas pipe so fat does not drip and block holes for the next meal.
Very frustrating routine.
Otherwise a fine BBQ

Purchased in May 2019 for $90.00.

Alexis P.Everdure

Thanks for the feedback Cambike we will pass it on to our Product development and marketing teams.

BrettnJa
BrettnJaMid West, WA

Perfection and performance

This mighty BBQ ticks all the boxes for us whether we are camping or caravanning. Small and robust, it packs easily in the ute. It is so easy to clean and the cover provides the cleanliness for when we are away. Cooks up a mighty meal for 2 people. Unfortunately the handle on the lid broke when my load shifted from hitting a big bump on a 4WD track. Still works fine. Bought privately, still in the box, unused for $80, bargain of 2016.

Purchased in July 2016.

Alexis P.Everdure

Hi there , your great review will be passed on to our marketing department , its terrific that your Buddy ticks all boxes for you. The team at Everdure.

The best in our caravan

I have been around for a fair while living in the bush and now caravanning around our great country, I have a Neo buddy and I use it daily for breakfast and dinner. It is by far the best I could have for my use.We have travel partners who are going to buy one and park up theit webber. Thanks for a great product that cooks well cleans easy and stores away well also.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Mackenzie75
Mackenzie75perth

Great For Camping

Take this camping all the time.
Bought this awhile ago perfect for camping or BBQs for 4 people.
If your after a small Bqq this is the one
Keeps the heat in unlike the webber which is great for a roast or grilled fish
Easy to clean and very compact.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Alexis P.Everdure

Thanks for the great feedback Mackenzie75 , its good to hear that you are happy with your purchase and that it is meeting all of your requirements.

The team at Everdure

Rod
RodAveley

great barbie

We got this product for about 6 months now, and have been enjoying using it! its perfect for the size of our alfresco, nice compact design, perfect to cook for 4 people. If you are after a small bbq for great value, this will surely tick all the boxes. absolutely love it!

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Hi Rod,
Glad to her that your Neo Buddy is performing so well for you, if ever you need some recipes or tips please feel free to contact us.
Thanks.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Danie YY
Danie YYBrisbane

Handy BBQ as I want

Nice design, perfect for small families and occasional use.
Fairly good result of BBQ and roast.
Heat power varies between hot plate and grill plate, and not easy to clean afterwards.
Flames takes at least twice to light everytime in to start, safe to use afterall.
Easy to storage and move because comes with cover and portable folding legs in a set.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good afternoon Danie YY,
Thanks for the feedback on your Neo Buddy, if you are needing assistance or any recipes please feel free to contact us on 1300 739 033 and have a chat with one of our friendly team.

The team at Everdure

NarranBrisbane

Pretty good so far

For a portable bbq this one has been quite good, not too heavy to cart around, have used it countless times since purchasing it at bunnings. Easy to clean and heats up quite quickly. The only downfall I would say is when there is a strong wind I find it doesn't stay hot even with the lid down. You have to make a wind shield to continue cooking with high heat. Light to moderate winds are fine, just strong constant winds are the issue. Also I purchased the box with the cover and stand for the bbq. Cover is very good quality and stand is good too, but wheels on the stand are just plastic, easy to destroy. Overall happy with the purchase

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Thanks for the feedback,

If ever we can help with tips please call our customer care team on 1300 739 033 your comments will be viewed by our Marketing department.

Exactly what I wanted

I've had my Neo Buddy for about 3 years. It's copped a flogging every summer and my hot plate hasn't worn. I love that it has handles on the sides, great for the tongs. Compact and easy to move around. Can throw it in the boot and take it anywhere. It does everything I need it to do and we've even done a couple of roasts in it

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Good morning,

Thanks for the great review on your Neo Buddy , we are glad to hear that you are getting the most out of it, feel free to contact us if we can assist with recipes or any further information.
Kind regards.

Dangerous Flames from Temperature Control Dial

Didn't even get to use this BBQ which I bought online. Managed to light the BBQ on and after 20 seconds the inside of the gas connection where the temperature dial is stated producing large flames which didn't look right.
I suspect there is a leak and further use could be dangerous. There is no way to tighten the connection unless i dismantle the whole unit's body, which quite frankly I don't think is appropriate for a consumer to do so.

Pretty unhappy. I am going to demand a refund. Looks nice in design but whats the point when it's potentially going to burn your house down.

Do yourself a favour and don't bother.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Alexis P.Everdure

Good morning, please contact our customer service team on 1300 739 033 to discuss, Thank you.

Max
MaxWillagee

Nice design, but hot plate is rubbish

It was OK for few months, became sticky as teflon coating on aluminium was wearing off. Nice design, compact size. Maintained and cleaned properly, never scratched or used harsh cleaning agents...Hot plate ended in the rubbish bin, now looking for cast iron plate of similar size...
Overall verdict: BAD! DON"T BUY this bbq, there are few better options on the market, avoid teflon coated aluminium plate, cast iron is the best. Stainless steel plates looks good until first use, hard to heat...
Manufacturer is aware of this, new models come with cast iron grill/plate!

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Scott
ScottBuderim

Excellent for what we need.

1. Perect Size for the 2 of us no kids.
2. Very easy to clean
3. Heats quickly and holds it great for a roast for 2-3 people
4. Compact and can take camping. It is sturdy and looks good.

Dont be fooled by bad reviews. No it is not intended for a Family BBQ but for 2-4 people its just fine. I was a bit nervous after reading the bad reviews and had bought it but I love it. If you use it for what it is intended for its brilliant. Portable, Small Deck or Patio/Camping Bbq. Its great!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Rubbish

So slow. Holds no heat. Waste of time and money. It looks neat. Tidy with cover. Cannot see that it could possibly cook a roast. Sorry to say it's Rubbish. Stick to your indoor stove and oven. Bought it at Bunnings must see if we can return, it just clutters our courtyard

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
SteveBoyd
SteveBoydSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this little unit

Had this BBQ for 4 years now. Its seen plenty or work and has been great. No problem with hot plate or anything. What I love is that the hotplate fits into my dishwasher and so it has been easy to clean. I would recommend this bbq to any one.

Date PurchasedJune 2012