2.7

Worst experience!

Hate Dell

Hate Dell

Worse moving company

My god customer service = Terrible. They are worse than 3Rd world country customer service ppl.
We moved stuff from qld to Nsw. Arrived a day late to pickup removals. Arrived 7 days late to Nsw
Reason stated - truck broke down.
Stuff came with damages when asked was said damages are inevitable moving interstate
Really?

letsbehonest

letsbehonestSydney, NSW

Don't Use! On the NSW Fair Trading Complaints Register

I asked in writing if this company was an agent or the actual removalist (after having had a bad experience before unknowingly using an agent). They said the actual removalist. This turned out to be a lie.
'[name removed]' rang me to try to get the job. I asked her to communicate via email and answer the questions I had about the company. She refused!
Dodgy company.
On the NSW Fair Trading Complaints Register at least December 2016, January & February 2017.

Jason

JasonSydney

Avoid. Avoid at all costs

c99

c99Melbourne

Horrendous

Dodgy. Provided itemised fixed price quote ($1900 inc $200 deposit), however, whilst our gear was half loaded they demanded an extra $1700 paid immediately to complete the job. They then threatened to drive off with our stuff unless we paid them immediately with cash $500 (which we didn't have). Paid them $295 cash to unload our stuff. They then dumped our belongings in the gutter in the rain.

Fair trading NSW have been notified and a complaint lodged.

Don't show up, don't call, don't return your deposit money (SO Don't USE)

2 Bedroom apartment from Sydney to Melbourne, they didn't show up at the prescribed time - under quoted size of truck used. Had to organize a second truck. Broke our items. Items were supposed to arrive in Melbourne on the Saturday - didn't show up until the next Friday. Then half was delivered because of a get this "Truck Breakdown"
No Bed no furniture - absolute disgrace. Spoke to [name removed] who said don't worry we will pay for your 4 days in a hotel".
Should have realized this was a lie. The second delivery they came with our goods - more broken items - the drivers wouldn't take the empty boxes.
All in all an absolute shocker. Would not use again and am taking the matter further.

Chelsea H

Chelsea HSydney

Terrible Business

Liz

LizSouth East Queensland, QLD

You couldn't pay me to deal with them again.

Hayley L

Hayley LNewtown, NSW, 2042

Scam business beware - looking to collate stories/experiences to pass on to authorities

Jimmy

JimmyCanberra

Really and honestly terrible.

Croman

CromanSydney, NSW

Hopeless, rude and more.

Over itSouth East Queensland, QLD

These guys are the worst - do not use!!

Over it

Extra mile?? An absolute joke!

Unprofessional Cowboys!

Do not use.

Find out how Extra Mile Movers compares to other Furniture Removalists

Would recommend the boyz were awesome

2 bedroom apartment with stairs and the move was excellent as going to another place with stairs. They found solutions which was fantastic Noah and Ashok excellent workers.

Do not use

Tom T.Extra Mile Movers

The driver was good, but the customer service was terrible and some of the staff were rude

Mash
Mash

Aggressive and abusive drivers... resulted in having to call 000 and file police report!

sorry for hearing that

Worst company ever.

We moved a 2 bed unit from sydney to brisbane. The company didnt turn up on the day they said they would. It took 3 phone calls for someone to say 'oh sorry we should have called' .. they then said theu eould be there the next day at 9am.. at 1230 they finally showed up..my husband and i moved alot of things as we needed to still clean the house and get the carpets done.

When we got all our items out of storage it was damaged. Matress ripped, my daughters boori cot/bedroom set which was only 10 months old all scratched chipped dinted and some spilt. I tried calling emailing and gave up in the end. Worst company ever do not use

Nickasked

When extra mile movers damage my goods how do you go about getting compensation or is it just the risk you take?

Ajc

Short answer is you wont get compensation.they tell you to get 3 quotes for cleaning/repair..then when you do they will not return your calls,emails or messages.
I even have the CEOs mobile number..he won't answer my calls.
The office are the same. They just keep telling me someone will call me back but they never do.

Ajc

I even have the CEOs mobile number..he won't answer my calls.

Nick

So you are saying if they damage your goods ( which they almost certainly will) they will not compensate you. If you ask for compensation they will give you the run around and lie to you hoping you will go away. How is this business still operating?

Sean

Seanasked

How can you report a terrible service company like Extra Mile? What authority in NSW and Australia that could penalise them for misleading and untrue information as well as service quality?

Pam0311

I don't know, you can possibly ring the department of fair trading. They would probably be able to help.

Disappointed
Disappointed

You can report businesses to Department of Consumer Affairs in NSW - google lodge a complaint with Fair Trading NSW and they will act as your advocate but unless the service / product is licensed their powers are limited. They can and will prosecute where they can.
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/About_us/Online_services/Lodge_a_complaint.page Each state has their own watchdog, but don't get your hopes up too high.

Pam0311

Great... Thanks for your help, especially given I have just received a phone call from the company telling me they would not return my deposit until I took my review down. They made up some rubbish story saying the EFT wont go through until I remove review. I asked them if they were blackmailing and they said no, but the EFT wont work until i remove the review, so I asked them to post me a cheque. She said she would need to speak to the manager. The company is now blackmailing me and threatening to keep the money until they I remove the bad review of them..... Appalling!! I will be in discussion with the department of fair trading to report these guys.

Get an answer from our members and Extra Mile Movers representatives