Ezylite

• Job Satisfaction
Perc

PercSoutheast, SA

Waste of money

Sky light only flickers not enough light to see still have to our light on to see inour passage never worked properly hope i can get my money back soon

PeteSouth Australia

Poor soldering quality in Control Box

LED's gone out and Flashing, even at night.

Purchased two of the Ezylites from Bunnings, paying over $500.00, approximately 15 months ago. I first noted part of the LED have died and then it got worse. Dim during the day and flashing brightly at night. I thought Bunnings would carry good products but after reading so many other Ezylite reviews, it seems not

Door & Window Shops

Find out how Ezylite compares to other Door & Window Shops

Poor quality/reliability

First one (a 400mm solar only model) lasted 18 months,took it back to Bunnings as it has a 2 year warranty (phew) and paid extra with the refund and bought the 400mm solar/with power option, it lasted a week! So now have to uninstall it again and take back to Bunnings, this time I'm demanding a refund and spending it elsewhere on a different brand.
Great idea but pretty disappointing quality considering they are over $300.

Jack4343

Jack4343Central, SA

Failed after 18 months by Jack...

No, wouldn't recommend this product, especially now the price has gone up significantly.
A quarter of the Led strip on one side has failed, as well as darkening the illumination. Back to the drawing board with a standard sky light arrangement.

John D

John D

Good light and great customer service

Job Satisfaction

TillyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Failed after 2 months

Bought from Bunnings New design, but failed after 2 months Started flickering towards dusk but then stayed on all night even though solar had gone. ? This was my second one first failed at the 26 month.
Light panels died on both. Taking it back for a refund.

JezzMelbourne

Ezylite Solar Skylight failed after 6 months

I got 2 both good for over 1 year then do not work

These where everything i thought however both have now malfunction and have exactly the same problem flicking light. Having a look at the panels it appears as if thats the problem for both mine. I am not happy as i have a little shed solar light and it has been going strong for over 8 years. Ezylight need to investigate longevity issue not good enough for the price.

Door & Window Shops

Find out how Ezylite compares to other Door & Window Shops

Rod

RodIllawarra, NSW

was great for maybe 18 months, so out of warranty now

had the solar panel skylight that joined up via a cable with a Diffuses type light inside (Flat Roof no ceiling space) was indeed great for about 18 months but the solar panel is cheap Chinese crap & has failed, the light now is barely illuminated useless ! after searching on Ebay I recon someone could buy the parts & make one them selves for a third of the price

Bryan

BryanGordon 2906, ACT

Two panels made a great difference.

Good alternative

Huzza1

Huzza1Melbourne

Works Well

I have just finished installing a 450 mm square Ezylite Solar Light into my internal kitchen and my wife is very happy with it. We did not want a normal type of skylight as did not want to cut a large hole in the ceiling plus I wanted to do the installation myself. I found installation very easy and it took me a bit over an hour to complete. The kitchen is now lit up extremely well even with very low light outside so I can definitely recommend this type of solar lighting.

iandejonge

iandejonge

Great Alternative to Conventional Skylights

Peteasked

This is not so much a question as an observation.
Many of the flickering , or fail to illuminate issues *may* be caused by the poor soldering quality on the battery connections.

Some models , well my EZSL4545 at least, has a simple regulator box.
This"black box" is populated with a small driver/regulator card. (the only electronics) and 8 (number will probably vary) square battery cells.
(These may be some sort of Lithium-Ion species... thats not the issue here)

The connection to the card are fine , as is the card itself.
The controller looks like a off the shelf product and made well enough.

However the batteries are connected in series and have terrible quality soldering.

In my case I noticed intermittency (the light flicked on bumps) as I took the thing out of the box !
So I flipped the "looks like a bad connection someplace" mental switch,
opened the box and yep one battery had barely been soldered,
the rest looked a little dry ...

A simple task to re-solder the loose leads following the same pattern as the rest.
I also touched up one or two more obvious candidates.

DO NOTE the way the things are installed in the box :)
It took me longer to get that right than to fix the thing.

The rest of the install was reasonably straight forward.
So far it works fine.

There are *fine examples of price minimisation* all over this product,
However it does work well so far and there is little danger of it exceeding any SWL :)

-- Pete

Pete

The batteries may be super capacitors ? I did not bother to check as this was moot at the time. The per cell voltages were 4.75 (ish) and rather neatly divided into the solar array output.

Bryan

Bryanasked

MY ezylite alternative skylight flickers and goes off during the day. What would the problem be and can it be rectified

Rodney Parker

Probably bad connections or faulty driver, they are cheap and nasty in my opinion, if its under warranty take it back, I didn't bother replacing/repairing my second faulty one in a row, I just got a refund from Bunnings and bought Redilite ones, huge improvement.

Michael C

Michael Casked

Mine works fine in the day but flickers like a strobe light ALL night

Megan D.
Megan D.

Same as ours. We installed about a month ago and it was working great... I reccomended to all our friends and family. Now its literally flashing on and off all night overnight. I got on a stool 2 nights ago to unplug and it continued to flash til 5am unplugged, face down in another room. Very dissapointed. I cant seem to find a contact email for company either?

Jezz

Check out my post where I describe replacing the panel to box connector. Mine occasionally flashed too but it is been fine since.

Tilly

Do you have the new model with the black box connected. I contacted the factory and they told me faulty soldering was causing the issue. My new second one started flashing the first week I got it, but has now stopped and is working fine. Warranty is 2 years. For me they offered to post out just the light for free as only new.