Ezylite

Ezylite

See the Best Door & Window Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rodney Parker

Rodney Parker

Poor quality/reliability

First one (a 400mm solar only model) lasted 18 months,took it back to Bunnings as it has a 2 year warranty (phew) and paid extra with the refund and bought the 400mm solar/with power option, it lasted a week! So now have to uninstall it again and take back to Bunnings, this time I'm demanding a refund and spending it elsewhere on a different brand.
Great idea but pretty disappointing quality considering they are over $300.

Jack4343

Jack4343Central, SA

Failed after 18 months by Jack...

No, wouldn't recommend this product, especially now the price has gone up significantly.
A quarter of the Led strip on one side has failed, as well as darkening the illumination. Back to the drawing board with a standard sky light arrangement.

John D

John D

Good light and great customer service

Job Satisfaction

TillyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Failed after 2 months

Bought from Bunnings New design, but failed after 2 months Started flickering towards dusk but then stayed on all night even though solar had gone. ? This was my second one first failed at the 26 month.
Light panels died on both. Taking it back for a refund.

JezzMelbourne

Ezylite Solar Skylight failed after 6 months

I got 2 both good for over 1 year then do not work

These where everything i thought however both have now malfunction and have exactly the same problem flicking light. Having a look at the panels it appears as if thats the problem for both mine. I am not happy as i have a little shed solar light and it has been going strong for over 8 years. Ezylight need to investigate longevity issue not good enough for the price.

RodIllawarra, NSW

was great for maybe 18 months, so out of warranty now

had the solar panel skylight that joined up via a cable with a Diffuses type light inside (Flat Roof no ceiling space) was indeed great for about 18 months but the solar panel is cheap Chinese crap & has failed, the light now is barely illuminated useless ! after searching on Ebay I recon someone could buy the parts & make one them selves for a third of the price

BryanCanberra

Two panels made a great difference.

Good alternative

Huzza1

Huzza1Melbourne

Works Well

I have just finished installing a 450 mm square Ezylite Solar Light into my internal kitchen and my wife is very happy with it. We did not want a normal type of skylight as did not want to cut a large hole in the ceiling plus I wanted to do the installation myself. I found installation very easy and it took me a bit over an hour to complete. The kitchen is now lit up extremely well even with very low light outside so I can definitely recommend this type of solar lighting.

iandejonge

iandejonge

Great Alternative to Conventional Skylights

Michael C

Michael Casked

Mine works fine in the day but flickers like a strobe light ALL night

Megan D.
Megan D.

Same as ours. We installed about a month ago and it was working great... I reccomended to all our friends and family. Now its literally flashing on and off all night overnight. I got on a stool 2 nights ago to unplug and it continued to flash til 5am unplugged, face down in another room. Very dissapointed. I cant seem to find a contact email for company either?

Jezz

Check out my post where I describe replacing the panel to box connector. Mine occasionally flashed too but it is been fine since.

Tilly

Do you have the new model with the black box connected. I contacted the factory and they told me faulty soldering was causing the issue. My new second one started flashing the first week I got it, but has now stopped and is working fine. Warranty is 2 years. For me they offered to post out just the light for free as only new.

Fiona W.asked

Had 2 installed 6 months ago. Both have stopped working. How am I supposed to get a refund when they are installed in my roof?

Jezz

If you can find my original answer on here its explained in detail but essentially the connector/adapter wrapped in yellow shrink-wrap and plugged in-line from the solar panel to the light fitting failed and I bought a replacement one from Jaycar for a couple of dollars. All done without removing anything else. The manufacturer appears to have had a run of these failing connector/adaptors.

Tilly

Hi Fiona, The outer frame is screwed to the roof. You will see a small gap where the inner frame sits. Use a thin bladed knife and insert in a corner and lever the inner section out, its held by 4 clips one on each side. The light will just have one cable attached which pull apart. The new model has two cables, one attached to a black box. The light has a 2 year warranty. If covered it would be a good idea to ring ezylight as they may just send the light section out without returning the whole unit. I left the frame attached to the ceiling along with the solar panel and kept the new ones as spares. Dave

tilly

tillyasked

My Ezylite has stopped working just started flickering today. Its 2 years old. Any suggestions?

Rod

One of Two things either the panel or the light , in my case I took a voltage reading at the light connection & it was showing 12v / 0.45 amps which is 5 watts so I assume the light was gone I have recently bought another light online..on closer inspection the LED lights ,one small strip of about 20 either side where not as bright as new & a few ,both sides had stopped working try replacing with another 12v DC light / globe mine was a 5watt good luck

Bryan

Hello Tilly, Rod's answer above seems to analyse the situation. My own panels have now been installed for about four months and have also developed a noticeable flicker when the light levels outside are getting low, ie towards dusk. For the rest of the time they give out excellent light. I'll live with that.

Fiona W.

Rang the company and they sent me 2 new power boxes and also LEDS. Worked well for 3 weeks. I now have a disco happening each night, from sunset to dawn. My builder feels terrible for reccomending. Now to contact the company, yet again :-(

CategoryDoor & Window Shops