Magnetite

A month later still no sign of a quote

The guy who came to give us a quote has forgotten to send it to us again! He was polite & very unapologetic at first & promised to send the quote to us on Monday, 8/7. But a month after, still no sign of the quote! I get it! You don’t want our business. Crystal clear!

Hi Lia, thank you for review. We apologise for the delay in getting the quote back to you. We will investigate this and get back to you shortly. In the meantime, if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us on info@magnetite.com.au or 1300 738 763. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Finally..a decent nights sleep!

We live on a main road in Sydney & had Soundtite installed in our 3 bedrooms last week. We were a little hesitant because of the cost but it's definitely been a great investment. The entire experience from start to finish was very positive. The 2 installers were punctual, pleasant & explained everything they were doing, they vacuumed when they finished, wiped down the walls, left no sign they had even been here. The windows look great we chose woodland grey, I've also noticed the rooms retain the heat. Very Happy Customers!

Never too late

I have now had three properties fitted with Magnetite and I cannot speak to highly of not only the product but also the service. From my initial enquiry to installation and subsequent follow up the service has been very professional.

good experience

The staff are very friendly, on time . Just the waiting is a bit too long. I think it reduces about half of the noise, while my husband think more than half. Overall, we are happy with the results.

Job Satisfaction
Hi Regina, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that your overall experience with Magnetite has been pleasant. The waiting time might have taken a bit longer, as it is a busy period for us. However, we will take this into account to continue improving our customer service. Please kindly let us know if we can be of further help to you. Kind Regards, The Magnetite Team

Amazing product

Thank you so much for such a wonderful product and great service. We live on a busy main road with lots of noise, the windows have been amazing in blocking out this noise . We are very grateful!

Job Satisfaction
Hi Vik, thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that our secondary glazing system has provided you with a peaceful environment for comfortable living. Please kindly let us know if we can be of any further help to you. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Finally a warm bedroom for my son!

On calling Magnetite they were nothing short of highly polished professionals. I had a very helpful and informative telephone conversation resulting in a free call out and quote the following day. We placed the order the next and had the double glazing fitted the next week. The fitter was extremely polite, quick and cleaned up. I can’t recommend Magnetite as a product and service provider highly enough.

Job Satisfaction
Hi Clare, thank you for your five stars review. We are happy to hear that your overall experience with Magnetite Sydney has been pleasant to you. We strive to continue providing excellent customer service; thus, your feedback is very important to us. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further inquiries. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Can finally get a decent sleep!

A no fuss service. Wish we had it installed sooner. Window looks amazing & am finally getting decent sleep! If you’re thinking about doing it, seriously don’t delay like we did..

Job Satisfaction
Hi Skye, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that our secondary glazing system has reduced the noise for you to have a good sleep. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Poor post sales customer service

Prior to signing the service contract, we had speedy and responsive customer services. First installation was done in March and there were few hiccups and the team fixed the issues. A month later I found out that there were 2 defects on the installation. I notified Magnetite but they have shown lack of interest. I needed to actively follow up with them to get their attention on my installation issue. Finally, they came to fix the issue. One issue is fixed but another issue requires a book in for another job because they claimed that they have ran out of stock with the material. After 3 weeks with no update, I followed up again and no one pays attention to my issue till now.

I have 2 concerns with Magnetite's service: First is the quality of their customer service and installation; and secondly because of the installation issue, I needed to apply for leave to get a day off to stay at home for them to rectify the issue. This has caused inconvenience to me.

Job Satisfaction
Hi Masterk, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience to date with us. We would appreciate an opportunity to rectify the issues. Would it be possible to send us details of your job so we can look into this for you? Our email address: info@magnetite.com.au. Regards, the Magnetite team.Hi Masterk, thank you for getting in touch with us. We believe that our Melbourne team has contacted you in regards to your installation issue. We appreciate your understanding and opportunity given for us to rectify the issue. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can help you with. Regards, the Magnetite team.Hi, thank you for rectifying the remaining issue.

From beginning to end, just wonderful.

I chose magnetite based on the very good comments regarding to their performance in different scenarios.
I personally had a wonderful experience with them from the time of the first visit to quote the job. Later they were very flexible when I said I really like the job quicker than the normal parameters and today the two people who came to install the windows were very efficient, professional and looked to all the necessary details. Even vacuuming the area not leaving a trace apart from their good job.
Extremely happy with my choice, it's not always easy to reduce noise from planes and I would say at least 80% of the noise disappear.
Thanks again for a very professional service carred by very nice and polite staff.. Highly recommended.

Dear Gabriel, Thank you for your amazing review!!We are pleased to hear that you have had a wonderful experience with Magnetite. We are glad to hear that our Sydney team has worked efficiently to meet your expectation. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of any further help to you. Regards, The Magnetite Team

Amazing work, great value for its cost

We absolutely loved magnetite, we live in a busy suburb, lots of late night party’s outside the foot path, close to the highway, next to a school and the double glazing really made a huge difference in our apartment. Thank you so much!

Job Satisfaction
Dear Bondi, Thank you for taking your time in providing 5 star review for us. We are glad that our secondary glazing system has met your expectation!! Should you have any queries along the process, please do not hesitate to contact us. Regards, The Magnetite Team

Great service, efficient & professional!

From my experience in requesting a quote through to installation of film to my large lounge window at home, was efficient, affordable, expedient & convenient. Good communications & a highly professional service provider!

Job Satisfaction
Hi Karen V, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Adelaide team. Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Overall positive experience

We recently had 3 windows and a sliding door installed with ‘Soundtite’ by magnetite. Overall it was quite a positive experience with magnetite and the windows have met our expectations.
The windows/door have reduced noise significantly, I would say by about 50%. Normal cars are barely audible unless you are actively listening out for them, however trucks and motorbike sounds still come through although muffled.

I will give some further detail and background, as I found it was a bit difficult finding good information in my research about double glazing windows in Australia so hopefully people will find this helpful.

My wife and I moved into a newly built brick veneer home in mid 2018 which was on a fairly busy street. Having only inspected the house on weekends, we did not know just how busy the road becomes during peak hours on weekdays however, and how much the noise would affect our sleep quality in the front master bedroom of our house. Our house is on a street which has one side residential, and the other side is the start of the industrial area. This means that traffic starts early in the morning on weekdays and has regular trucks passing by. The noise was consistent and disruptive to our sleep even with earplugs, so we started sleeping in the bedroom to the rear of the house instead. I did quite a bit of research regarding double glazing and had several quotes before deciding on magnetite. The reason we chose them is due to them being significantly cheaper than having full double glazed windows installed, and the work needed to install magnetite is much less impactful on our new home. As these windows were on a second floor, double glazing would have required works working at height outside the building, removing the entire window and frames etc. From my research and discussion with double glazing installers, a ‘secondary’ window with a large gap between the windows was the most effective window type for noise reduction.

The man who did our quote was very friendly and knowledgeable, and was very thorough in his measuring. He took several hours to ensure everything was measured and noted very accurately, making sure he was able to match the color exactly, and he took the time to quote several package types based on different products with different types of glass, different window pane options (eg overhanging, sideways sliding, full panel etc).

Installation was very smooth. They arrived slightly earlier than scheduled and completed the work quickly, cleaning up after themselves etc.

The biggest job was the second sountite glass door which was installed, which involved extending the door frame and building a whole new door frame in there. After installation was complete I was not satisfied by some of the finishing on the frame, so made contact with the team at magnetite and let them know. They were very responsive and then organised a time and day, and a worker came and made all the fixes so we were very satisfied with the job in the end.

The end result is the windows look great, perfectly colour matched and functional, and they block out a lot of noise. We now have moved back into the main bedroom and are able to sleep through the night every night.

I would highly recommend Magnetite to anyone looking for an effective noise dampening solution. Very happy with the product and service.

Job Satisfaction
Dear JLS, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate you sharing your recent experience. It is wonderful to hear that our Sydney team has worked efficiently to meet your expectation and keep things flowing smoothly throughout the process. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the soundproofing benefit of our Soundtite system. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can help you with. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Magnetite owner was very responsive and accommodating.

We installed 11 window panels from Magnetite, and the product itself did its part. However, we live on a main road and is noisy for most parts of the day. The walls are not 100% brick which contributes to the fact noise was still coming after installation of the windows. However, the customer service received from Magnetite and their owner Robert in particular was exceptional - their willingness to meet customer expectations is worthy of the 4 stars review!

Job Satisfaction
Dear Andrew, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our head office have received your dispute resolution request via Australian Window Association and are currently investigating the case, to better understand the situation and find a possible resolution to rectify the issue. We will contact you privately for a further discussion. If you have any questions, please contact our head office via email to info@magnetite.com.au or phone to 02 9565 5070. Regards, the Magnetite team.Noted. I look forward to your team contacting me and hope we can reach a speedy resolution. AndrewHi Andrew, thank you for the update. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide further feedback about your recent experience. We are glad to hear that our Melbourne team have worked efficiently to resolve the concern you had with your recent installation and were able to meet your expectations. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Happy with the window and the service

We just installed the soundtite system window on our main bedroom last week and at the moment we are happy with the result and with the quality of the product. Thank you for helping us reducing the noise.

Job Satisfaction
Hi Sutan, thank you for your 5 star review. We are glad to hear that you were happy with our Soundtite secondary glazing solution. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there's anything else we can help you with. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Very happy with the installation!

1)Done a professional job.
2)Arrived on time.
3)Good cleaning after installed.
4)Well communicating.
5)Effective result which makes a big difference increasing my baby’s sleep quality.
I am very happy with the installation. Highly recommend.

Job Satisfaction
Dear Erica, thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you were happy with your recent Magnetite installation. It is wonderful to hear that our solution has made a difference on your baby's sleep quality. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Magnetite, Excellent service, a great product

They stated that they would be there at 9.00 am, they were there at about 8.50 am, couldn't believe it, tradies that turn up on time, never been heard of before, never mind early. The whole process was completed by 11.30ish am, two very good lads, ok they spoke polish but they did ask if we didn't mind if they spoke polish to each other, we didn't mind at all. Their english was excellent as they described the product and how to take the panels down for cleaning. Great lads, great service and a great product. They were a credit to the company. Oh lets not forget Janusz who came and did the quote, he was alright too.

Job Satisfaction
Dear Steve, thank you so much for your positive words. We will definitely pass this on to our Adelaide installation team. We are trying hard to keep things flowing smoothly for our customers and we are glad to know that this was recognised. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there's anything else we can help you with. Regards, the Magnetite team.

One of my great choices!

The product is perfect! My house is much quieter after the installation of double glazing windows. The price is affordable. Their staff are nice, professional and efficient! Highly recommend Magnetite!

Job Satisfaction
Dear Zhifang, thank you for your 5 star review. We're glad to hear that you are now enjoying the soundproofing benefits of Magnetite windows. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Could not fault the product or the service

It only took a year for us to have our bedroom window double glazed - from Homeshow to Homeshow, but it was certainly worth it. There is a significant dampening of noise from the major road and train station we live close to, resulting in better sleep. The company were in constant contact from the moment we organised the quote. They arrived when they said they would, contacted us pre-installation and kept us informed every step of the way. The window needed to be cut to size on site and they were meticulous in cleaning up. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. A very professional, service-oriented company.

Job Satisfaction
Hi Brad, thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear your positive words about your recent Magnetite installation. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can help you with. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Amazing- very happy!

We are so impressed with Magnetite! We live on a busy, noisy main road and since the double glazing brackets were installed in our bedroom windows we now have blissful silence. It was worth every cent. They responded promptly to our initial enquiry and were quick to come and quote. The install was also done quickly and efficiently. Staff are friendly and professional. We are very happy and highly recommend Magnetite.

Job Satisfaction
Dear Amber, thank you so much for your 5 star review. We are thrilled to hear that your positive experience with our Sydney team. It is great to know that you are now enjoying soundproofing benefit of our secondary glazing system. Please don't hesitate to contact us, if there's anything else we can help you with. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Great job

The guys that came to install were very professional and friendly.
They cleaned up after themselves and the sound proofing has made a big difference to us.

Dear Anthony, thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear that you had a great experience with Magnetite. We are happy to hear that you're happy with our secondary glazing solution and the service provided by our Sydney team, Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Regards, the Magnetite team.

We have heavy condensation during winter, will this help reduce moisture. We have a noise prob as well
Hi Dennis, thank you for your interest in Magnetite. Yes, Magnetite can help to reduce condensation appearing on existing windows as well as reduce noise coming in through the window. Magnetite uses optical grade acrylic glazing, with draught seals and window frames that limit heat transfer, to improve the insulation performance of the window. This reduces the likelihood of condensation forming on the glazing surface. Being a secondary system, Magnetite creates a maximum air cavity, which is the essence of double glazing. Generally, the larger the air cavity means better noise reduction. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Otherwise, you can take advantage of our free, no-obligation in-home assessment. To book the appointment, simply call us on 1300 738 763. Regards, the Magnetite team.

Hi I live on the flight path of the main runway of Perth Airport and have a huge problem with aircraft noise especially early mornings. Most of the reviews that I have read recommending Magnetite are related to street level noise - just wondering if Magnetite is effective for aircraft noise as well please? Furthermore, my windows have venetian blinds so can Magnetite be fitted in these windows please? Would appreciate any comments and suggestions please. Thank you.
Hi Lillady, thank you for your enquiry. Magnetite offers a range of secondary glazing system to suit your concern. Both our Magnetite and Soundtite system come in various thickness that would help to reduce a range of noise including aircraft noise. While windows are typically the greatest source of noise entering a room, it is important to understand that a room has other building elements that can allow unwanted noise inside for example walls or roof. Re blinds, it will be subject to the depth of existing window reveal and where the current blinds sit. We try to create a large air gap between our system and the existing windows to provide maximum noise reduction. In most cases with blinds, we can relocate the blinds to accommodate for our secondary glazing system. It is best to take advantage of our free in home assessment. Our estimator will asses the situation and recommend the best solution to suit you. To arrange for the appointment, please contact us on 1300 738 763. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions. Regards, the Magnetite team.Many thanks for your quick response.

Will it help with impact noise from the neighbors walking around please? Free standing house but can still hear them stomping around.
My best answer would be it depends on how loud the noise is. Louder noises sound further away but you would still most likely hear some sound if it's loud. So generally noise levels are reduced not cut outWhat advice did the company give?Sounds like their house is on stumps - concrete slab and it wouldn't be a problem.