Fantastic Furniture Chrirorest

Fantastic Furniture Chrirorest

Firm, Medium and Plush

We still love it

We bought this mattress four years ago for our holiday house and are still so thrilled with it. Many guests that stay there comment on how comfy the bed is. We have a removable topper on it which makes it even more comfy and warm in winter. We are considering getting one for home and ditching our expensive tempur mattress. We are buying our daughter a single chirorest soon. Shall keep you posted on her review.

Purchased in April 2015 at Fantastic Furniture NSW, Nowra for $500.00.

Adjustment PeriodDays
Discomfort No
Heat Retention Yes
SaggingNo

Only a week old

It was ok for a couple of days
I went and brought a pillow topper as my back started to get sore
It is sagging on the sides already and uncomfortable not enough support

Purchased in May 2019 at Fantastic Furniture TAS, Hobart for $399.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Discomfort Yes
SaggingYes
Perceived FirmnessHard

Very good mattress

I've delayed submitting a review on this mattress as I'll explain below.
Last year I spent around $1500 on a KS mattress and bed ensemble for my own room that I love, from another company. In the spare room I had an ancient metal bed with an old original series single Posturepedic mattress out of the Ark that everyone hated. So I decided to replace it with a new frame bed and a Chirorest King Single to accommodate adults in the guest room. Because you can't make a soft mattress firm but you can always make a firm mattress soft I bought the Chirorest and topped it with a sixty buck pillow topper from Kmart of Big W or wherever.
Then I got onto Productreview and had buyer remorse. Oh what have I done. So I decided to let the proof of the pudding be in the eating and gave the product a good real world testing before submitting a review.

During the recent 42 degree heatwave, the spare room is actually the cooler bedroom so I moved in there onto the Chirorest and have given it a good try out over the last few months.

I actually prefer it to the $1500 (Beds R Us if the moderators allow me to name another product). Over the last four months it has just become MY BED and the visitors now sleep on the grand-and-a-half bed. No sign of sagging or deforming, as good as the day I bought it.

Very happy.

Purchased in January 2019 at Fantastic Furniture NSW, Lismore for $299.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodDays
Discomfort No
SaggingNo

Worst mattress ever

We purchased the Chirorest queen mattress from Fantastic furniture Cannington 6 weeks ago. It has collapsed and we can feel the bed slats through the mattress. It is so uncomfortable and cannot be slept on. I contacted the store and sent photos as requested. The manufacturer has rejected the warranty claim so now we are stuck with a mattress we paid $550 for and can't sleep on it .

Purchased in January 2019 at Fantastic Furniture WA, Cannington for $550.00.

Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Discomfort Yes
SaggingYes
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hi Jason, I am very sorry to hear about the issues with your mattress. Could you please send us an email to reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au with your contact details and sales order number? Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Tried and tested for 7 years

I originally purchased this mattress after purchasing one for my son and finding his both comfortable and supportive. My previous mattress had been a dream classic pillowtop which Id only had for a few years. That one was average but definitely lacked longevity.

The chirorest mattress was both supportive and comfortable and let me tell you I'm no light weight. I think it originally came with a 10 year guarantee but having read a lot about mattresses lately, 7 years is apparently the average life so I've got that out of it. It has withstood the average amount of hanky panky, the invasion of older children and a dog. One downfall with this mattress, like so many these days is that it can't be flipped, meaning you can only sleep on one side, but we've regularly rotated it from head to foot. The other downfall is that the edges have not held up well, which has not been helped by having a partner who often sits right at the edge of the mattress. All in all I would say it's been good value for the price. It's still comfortable but has clearly broken down now support wise (a spring popped out the side a few weeks ago). I have ordered and am waiting on delivery of a more expensive name brand mattress so I'll see how that stacks up and at some point review that one as it seems that only very disgruntled people leave mattress reviews and the happy ones are busy sleeping.

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Hi Summerwind1974, thanks for choosing to share your thoughts on the Chirorest Queen mattress! We're pleased to hear its provided you with both comfort and support over the years. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Totally Unhappy with mattress

We bought this mattress together with the bed thinking it is locally made and is affordable.
Having slept on it for a week it has given me the worst back pain.
I would like to return it asap.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Worst mattress I've ever bought

We recently purchased the Chirorest King size mattress from Gepps Cross store in Adelaide. When we bought was told by sales person great mattress and firm as i have a bad hip and get back problems. We slept on for 2 weeks and it has given me worst sleep and back and hip pain i have had in ages and had to go chiropractor 3 times to try reduce pain. When i rang store to enquire about this and try get refund was told too bad- we don't do refund on mattress which i think is terrible if you recommend to customer you should stand by the product your selling. Now we will have to go out and by a new one all over again and be another $1000 out of pocket. Very disappointed in customer service and product and recommend to people do not buy this mattress in future and to top it off- was told by another company that Fantastic Furniture beds have curved slats which do even more damage to mattress over time- they sink in and don't provide proper support. They don't tell you this when you buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Bondy, we are really sorry to hear you are not happy with your mattress. Unfortunately we are unable to offer change of mind returns on mattresses. Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Nothing good to say

From the moment I received my mattress I knew it wasn't the same one I tested in store,it was uncomfortable and has caused me pain in my hip,neck and back ever since I started using it.I can't afford another one at the moment so I'm stuck with it,total waste of money and to top it off the mattress is looking it's shape,very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Hi Kat, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your mattress. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Awful mattress with service to match.

After just a few months the mattress started to sag in the middle, clearly a fault seeing two people sleep in the bed, after 9 months its now so bad that it is causing serious pain. After calling both the warrawong store and head office they refuse to remedy at all, will take to fair trading and see what happens from there. Disgusting customer service. Go anywhere else and get a good quality mattress.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi mattw1992 , I am very sorry we have not been able to assist with your mattress. We would really like to take another look at this for you, would it be possible to send us an email a customercare@fantasticfurniture.com.au with your purchase details? Kind regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Chirorest-king single, 2 year old crying in pain

We received this mattress only less than a week ago for my sons first big boy bed. My son has always slept through the night previously, all of a sudden he wakes all night crying and and says 'sore' pointing to his back and neck. I laid on the bed today and I have honestly never ever felt anything this uncomfortable in my life. In the 20 minutes I laid on it, I now have a headache and my back and neck are in pain. Laying on the ground would of been more comfortable.
What a joke it feels nothing like the mattress we laid on in store, this one has absolutely no give in it whatsoever and is rock hard which in turn does not support the spine as you lay.
My son is severe autistic and this is totally not what we need added onto our daily stress is a son that now cries and does not sleep all night.
I would expect a full refund during Australian consumer law as this is nothing like the mattress in store whatsoever and I'm incredibly worried about my sons back and neck now.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Kel, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your sons mattress. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

8 Years & Still Going Strong

My wife and I bought this mattress as a newly married couple setting up home. We were looking for something affordable and obviously comfortable. It's now been 8 years and we still love it and never had any issues. In fact we're going to get a 2nd one for our new spare room.

Date PurchasedMay 2009
Hi Andy H, thanks so much for choosing to shop with us! We are delighted to hear you and your wife are still enjoying your Chirorest Queen mattress. We look forward to seeing you in store again soon. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

Worst Mattress Ever

I bought the mattress a year ago on 05/06/2016. It started to sag little within few weeks. I turned the mattress otherside as the instructions showed to turn it to avoid sagging. But, the sagging developed all over the middle portion. I developed back pain and neck pain after few months.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Upen, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your mattress. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Worst mattresses and so unhappy with Thomastown store.

Worst mattress ever. Made my pregnancy more painful. Had to have physio couldn't get a good nights sleep. Contact the store purchased under 12 months ago sent photos to provide proof. Sunk in so bad my 2 year old can't sleep in the middle she rolls. My neck and back hurt. Get told nothing can be done. Extremely upset. Thanks Thomastown fantastic furniture. Taking it to the ombudsmen now.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Joe, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Chirorest Queen mattress. We would really like to look into this further for you. Would it be possible to send through the full name the order was under as well as your best contact number? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you. Regards Annie and the Fantastic teamHi we went into the store and they told us to basically go away.

The worst mattress ever - not fit for purpose

I bought my "Chirorest" mattress about a month ago from Fantastic Furniture and am having terrible neck, shoulder and back pain. I am surprised as the "orthopractic" I bought years ago was actually very good and I was told that the chiro was the same. It is not. This mattress is causing me pain and sleeplessness - not fit for purpose! I have contacted the store and they are "following up with head office" - it's been more than ten days and I have not been told yet how or when this will be resolved. I will update this post as I know more. I have in the past been happy with FF products, so was very shocked at the poor build of this mattress and that it is being sold through the stores. It should be recalled. For now I have to sleep on my sofa (Jazz - more comfortable).

*** update - The store called me back - someone on behalf of the retail manager saying since it was not damaged, I was not entitled to a refund or further customer care. I referenced Australian Consumer law guarantees ie: If a product or service you buy fails to meet a consumer guarantee, you have the right to ask for a repair, replacement or refund under the Australian Consumer Law.

I am waiting for another call back (I note that the manager herself is passing messages through staff and not engaging with me directly).

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hi Chelled, I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your new Chirorest mattress. We would like the opportunity to look into this for you and see how we are able to assist. Would it be possible to send through your sales order number as well as your best contact number? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you. Regards Annie and the Fantastic teamThanks Annie I will send you an email with my details16/6/2017 - Good outcome. Fantastic furniture wil pick up the mattress and refund the purchase price. It is good to know that FF is monitoring at least this review feed, listening to the customer and acting much more promptly than the store staff at Fyshwick that I dealt with on the issue. Thank you FF

Worst mattress ever....

Just bought a double Cirorest mattress 10 days ago !
Worst I ever slept on !
Ordered and got a firm on...what a joke.
Having already back problems in the morning....
After having read all the comments on here...I know why !!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Norbert Schmitz, I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your new mattress. Would it be possible to send through the name of the store you ordered from, the full name the order was under as well as your best contact number? We will then be in touch to assist in any way we can. My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic teamThank you for your concern. I will write to you right know.

Sagging and sinking of mattress

Hi,

I bought Chirorest mattress King from Dubbo on 18/03/2013, invoice no:2302000016251
under the name [personal details removed]. It had 5 years of guarantee,
I am having problem with this mattress as it is sinks and doesn't hold up making a lot of depression and causing us
a back problem. I am also attaching the picture of the mattress. I am currently living in Hurstville 2220. Hope
to get prompt action. It says it has 5 years of guarantee.

With regards,
Sachita Parajuli

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Hi Sachita, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your mattress. Would it be possible to email me your contact details so that we can look into this further and get in contact with you asap to assist? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Annie and the Fantastic team

You get what you pay for

After two months I gave it to my little daughter, who weighs less and is smaller than me. Totally uncomfortable even with just me sleeping on it. Basically most stuff I've had from FF is garbage. My settee ripped in a week and that was after I had to have it taken back to the store to be fixed with the feet that didn't fit. If this is Australian made, I wouldn't bother.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi AbundanceIsMine, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your sofa. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Fanatic Furniture Chirorest Queen

My experience with this mattress wasn't good. It was quite expensive & I believed it would be of similar quality to name brands in the same price range. I was buying couchs so thought delivery of everything at same time would be convenient.
Also being 'Chirorest', it would have support for my back.
It hurt my back & I couldn't continue sleeping on it.
I needed to replace it within 12months, it had permanently sagged over 10cm & unusable. I had all but written it off as the Store I bought it from had unhelpful staff at the time of purchase.
Fantastic Furniture seemed to have changed for the better in the year from purchase
Fantastic Furniture customer service were exceptionally helpful when I provided evidence it was a defective product. I sent them photos using a broom handle layed straight end to end over the spot it had sagged, with a ruler in the sagging spot against the straight broom handle clearly showed the defect. . A few photos & emails were sent & within a few days my problem was rectified.
I didn't want a replacement mattress from any of their own range, so they gave me a full refund.
I bought a known brand from a well known bed shop with the refund & this bad experience was resolved.

Date PurchasedSep 2012
Hi A.Patts, I am really sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your Chirorest mattress and dealings with store. It is unfortunate that you ended up returning it for a refund however I am glad to hear the team were happy to do this for you with no hassles. Please contact us if you need any help in the future, we hope to see you back instore in the future. Kind Regards Ryan and the Fantastic Team

Couldn't believe my back pain was due to this expensive mattress

Purchased the Duplex King mattress with the Kingston King bed and have not had a good nights sleep on it since delivery just one month ago. Terrible back pain in which ever position I sleep in, just feels like it sags incredibly into the centre. I slept on at a friend's house on their spare room air bed and honestly it was like a dream in comfort comparatively. Sleeping on the sofa now as I just can't take it. $849 for the mattress, how can it be this bad???
So many bad reviews, wish I'd seen these before even considering buying. Why are you selling these Fantastic???

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi James, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your Duplex mattress. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you and to see how we can help get this resolved for you. Would it be possible to email me your purchase and contact details? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Regards Ryan and the Fantastic team

Chiro-rest is a shocking mattress

My mum purchased this mattress for me as a present for finishing university and moving back home. I have slept on a lot of mattresses in my time at various share houses and this is by far the worst - even though it was brand new and never slept in.

The mattress is far too soft and has softer and firmer 'patches' throughout it. I sleep in all positions and no matter what, I end up with lower back and hip pain.

I even went to a store to test the mattress before my mum purchased it and It felt great then and there. The salesman said it was the most popular at their Newcastle store...

I contacted the closest store and the staff told me there was nothing they could do about it. I also suggested buying a replacement - anything to get rid of this mattress.

Both my mum and I are very disappointed and will not recommend Fantastic Furniture to friends and family due to their lack of support and poor quality product.

Please look elsewhere when buying bed-ware as you will only waste time and money with this mattress.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Michael, I'm very sorry to hear you are not happy with your Chirorest mattress. Would it be possible to email me your order details so that we can look into this further and get in contact with you asap to assist? My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au Look forward to hearing from you. Regards Annie and the Fantastic teamHi Annie, I have sent an e-mail and have not heard back yet. Regards, Michael.Hi Michael, Unfortunately I haven't received the email you sent. Are you able to resend it as I would really like to assist as best I can. My email address is reviews@fantasticfurniture.com.au and if you could attention the email to 'Annie', that would be great. Regards Annie and the Fantastic team