Federal Couragia M/T

• Off-Roading Frequency
Cooper

CooperSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Federal mud tyre

I had these on my car 33x12.5x15 when I brought it, they were a 7 year old tyre then and didn't have much life left but they used to get the death wobbles real bad until it wobbles my wheel nuts loose and near wore my studs off. I recently had a sidewall blow out in a comforser so I changed it to the federal again as my spare and it got the death wobbles again so I thought change it onto my rim from the comforser to match the rest and get it rebalanced will stop it from getting the wobbles I was wrong it made it worse I brought a new comforser asap to be done with the federal

Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyWeekly
d98_user

d98_user

Very good value for money

Purchased a set of 37" tires, considering the size and aggressiveness they perform very well in all conditions. They are not too heavy but a solid construction. Not too noisy on road

Purchased in October 2019.

Danny

DannyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Actually a very good tyre and even more so at the price point.

I have fitted these to my V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. This car is used for heavy trail work including a rock clay mud and bog holes and the rest of a time it is daily driven or towing our caravan so it is truly used in all conditions.

Considering how aggressive they are I find they have relatively little noise have little tread squirm and don't really present any other issues on wet or dry tarmac. I've taken these off-road on very Rocky and shaily tracks and give them a very hard time and I've torn no chunks of them either. Considering they cost me half what my BFG km3 cost I can't believe how good these tires have actually been.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$165.00.

Tyre Mileage 8,000 km
Car ModelJeep Grand Cherokee WG/WJ
Tyre Pressure Used32 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyMonthly

ROLLA

ROLLACentral Queensland, QLD

Great tyres

Great tyres. I had them in a 285/75r16 on a Toyota Landcruiser 80 series. Went absolutely everywhere I tried to go, they really surprised me on more than one occasion. They are quite noisy but for an aggressive mud tyre they are still pretty quiet. Outstanding in mud and sand. And can't complain on the bitumen either.

Purchased in July 2014.

Tyre Mileage 20,000 km
Car ModelToyota Landcruiser 80
Tyre Pressure Used34 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyWeekly

waste of money

waste of money....they will form bubbles on them after a few years i have lost 2 now...they need to be held accountable bad tires going to end up killing someone

Purchased in April 2016 for A$1,100.00.

Car ModelFord F Series
Tyre Pressure Used50 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyNever
Dry Weather Handling

Great traction but weak tire

35x12.5r15 great tire offroad hardly ever got stuck however i have noticed that the tires have started cracking a lot. One was my drive tire just on the ligs though this one was quite worn, but i had a brand new one it sat in the back of my car as a spare and was protected from all elements i put it on the back when i got a flat not even 1000kms ago and it has cracks all through in between the tread will not be buying them again.

Car1991 80 series landcruiser

PlankWilliamsport

I've used these tires for four and a half years.

I will definitely be buying these tires again, for the price they are great. I've never been stuck anywhere with these tires yet"I've tried". I've run them now through 4 Pennsylvania winters "great snow traction". I do highway driving but a lot of off-road driving. After 4 years of use they're about half tread or maybe a little bit less. I don't put many miles on my truck, I have estimated I put at least 15,000 miles on the tire so far. They do get noisy as they wear, plus I was lazy and didn't rotate them every three to five thousand miles. I think I've only rotated them once and they're still holding up great, minimal cupping in front.

Car2007 Nissan Titan

JohnGAWLER

Good for the price

Federal Couragia 285 x 75 x 16 (M/T)...Purchase these for 2002 Mitsubishi Challenger with 2 inch lift. About 30% cheaper than major brands was the reason I purchased them. Travelled 80% bitumen 20% off road. Don't kid yourself they are a muddy so are going to be noisier than A/T on bitumen but not so noisy that you wouldn't buy them. They were a little slippery on wet bitumen but not enough to be unsettling. Great on rocks when off road, good on sand. Didn't try in real mud though. Ended up doing 60,000ks on them before selling then car. I would say they still had 10,000 k's left on them. No problems with balancing and no failures.
If you're on a tight budget highly recommended.

Car2002 Mitsubishi Challenger 2" lift
Johnson

JohnsonMonticello's

Bad Tires

I recommend not putting on a diesel trucking will not hold up on the front and because after 10,000 miles the belts break in them. Went through three so far each one did the same thing. Waste of money and will definitely leave you on the side of the road.

CarF 250

Jason H

Jason HSydney, NSW

Best mud tyres I have ever used

Tyres are very durable, they will outlast the tyres that came with the car from the factory. They have had impressive, impact on the performance of my vehicle. Maybe a little more slippery in the wet and enormous amounts of traction on dirt, rocks and mud. As mentioned, they are also extremely quiet on the road for such an aggressive tyre.

CarColorado 7
wylde

wyldeNSW, 2430

Perfect hardcore tyre

CarColorado 7

These tires are VERY unsafe

Car2012 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn

Awesome off-road, low k's though

Tires shine in the dirt and on the tracks. Stated off quiet but after about 7000 k's they started getting noisy.
At about 15000k's now and they are wearing out fast. (About 50%)
For The price though if you're looking for a second set of tyres for off road only these are great. Can really feel them climbing walls and digging in in the mud.
33" tyres

Car76 Series Toyota Landcruiser

Tyres

Tyres did 45,000 km no punctures.
About to buy second set, good price compared to others, half the time your paying for a name and tread patterns, these tyres are the real deal.
Mine do work and play and there best m/t I have used so far cant bring myself to pay for tyres that I punish.

CarVw amarok
Racer

Racer

Ok tyre

Not a bad tyre, but not a brilliant one either. Really noisy on the black top but really good in mud, snow and rocky terrains! They are a soft tyre but I would've liked to have get a few more Km's out of them than what I did 31,000 km's is not real good, apart from that I can't fault them!

Car2003 Hilux

John Paul

John PaulSheboygan, WI

Belts separated. No US support

After 8k miles all 4 tires had cracking. One had belt separation and a huge bulge developed. Tried to contact Federal Tyre and there is no US support. Called companies that sell this tire but none would help me get in contact with the manufacturer. Was consistently told the dealers purchase these from third party distributors and manufacture contact was not available. NHSTA has recall info on the Federal AT but there is not one yet on the MT. Save your money. Cheap price, very poor quality.

CarF250
samuay

samuaysydney

Wearing very fast, they dont last long, not worth it.

CarDelica l400 4WD

Good Value for Money

Had them on my D40 for about 14,000 K/M's. Are a noisy tyre on the blacktop but they come into their own out on the tracks. Cant fault them really good value for money.

OK so far

I only use them for off road driving. They work very well in th mud. Tends to move around on loose gravel road though. Clay tends to stick in the grip and not self eject, but what tyre would get rid of clay? A little noisy on the road to get to the tracks.
Great tyre in general mud conditions
Does clay self eject?