Breeders Choice Cat Litter

Breeders Choice Cat Litter

See the Best Cat Litter in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Breeders Choice? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

notruly
notrulyAustralia

I think this is a great product, happy to have used it.

Purchased at Petbarn Physical store.

Do not buy.

Crystals were not available, so based on good reviews in an online shop I decided to give this a go.
Day one, it smells. By end of day two, it stinks and bad. Wet pellets are heavy and cumbersome to shift/remove. It trails all over the house. Did I mention the entire house reeks of cat pee after two days.
This is the worst cat litter you can purchase. Do not waste your money.

Purchased in .

Don't Lie
Don't LieNew South Wales

Omg the worst ever

I decided to try this kitty litter and it’s been the worst experience. First time my cat peed in it the smell was horrible. Enclosed litter box that I’ve NEVER had issues with but good grief the choice of litter DEFINITELY DOES make a difference. Not going to EVER purchase again. If anyone thinks this litter is 5 star then they don’t have any sense of smell.

Purchased in at Petbarn Physical store for $23.99.

Marketing

The new packaging is awful. A Barbie, Kardashian plastic cartoon looking kitten !! Where has the gorgeous real ginger kitty gone?
You are selling to cat lovers- put a real cat on the packaging

Purchased at Woolworths.

• Odour Absoprtion
  • Incentivised Review No

Katherine
KatherineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smelly and inconvenient

Kitty litter smells in a couple days particular in warmer weather. Can’t shift out the urine from the pellets as it’s not a clumping type litter. I’m assuming it absorbs it. It smelt my home. Need to change litter more frequently. First litter I used and won’t purchase again.

Purchased in for $20.

Chantell
ChantellQueensland

The smell is Horrendous!

I’m sad to say that I will not bye this product ever again. The odour absorption, what odour absorption there is non. The smell is horrendous right though the house, you need to change it every second day so it’s not cost effective and the amount of litter that’s getting spread through the house is a lot. The rest of the things like dust, setting it up, disposal and replacing it is easy.

Purchased in for $23.95.

Lisa G
Lisa GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The smells are the WORST!

We usually use crystals, however those weren’t available during our most recent shop. I purchased these pellets as the package stated they were good for controlling smells, good for environment etc. seemed great. But the smell after just 2 days is HORRID. You would need to change it every day to avoid the smell. Which I have never had to do with crystals. Not cost effective at all. Will not purchase again.

Purchased in for $23.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Pandora girl
Pandora girlAU

Excellent Cat Litter

I recently got a new kitten and at the shelter I adopted from they were using this litter.
I had a cat at home already who I was using crystal litter for.
This litter is so much better!
My older cat actually started using my kittens box because he preferred Breeders choice over his own crystal litter.
So I have switched over completely to breeders choice.
It is absorbent, controls odour well, easy to clean and bonus environmentally friendly!
Also cheaper than the crystal litter:)

Purchased in at Petbarn Online store for $20.

Fantastic 'bedding' for my snakes' homes

When I bought my 1st baby python at a pet shop, they recommended Breeders Choice kitty litter as the best 'bedding' to use on the floor of his enclosure. I highly recommend it as it doesn't irritate my snakes & is dust free

Purchased in at Coles for $24.

Abbey
AbbeyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I don't understand all the good reviews

After a few days it smells terrible. I clean twice a day at least removing poop and wee areas. Hard to get the wee out, end up removing a lot of clean litter as well. Very wasteful. Still smells awful. Quite expensive too. Wanted to love it, like that its good for the environment. Wont buy again. Guess I'll go back to the crystals

Purchased in at Petbarn Physical store for $25.

lcels44
lcels44South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome Cat litter- perfect for my furbaby

So I have used 3 different types of litter, from coles and woolies normally they are gravel like and very unpleasant. However I discovered this product upon trying a new litter for my furbaby! So far we have used it for 2 days ... it is great it captures the odour, it's recycled and it's very absorbent, today we stockpiled as there was a sale.. and usually with other brands we run out, this product is fantastic.. also I have a friend who has been using it for her crybabies forever and she says it's great too.. I'm glad I changed, and looked around.. we will continue to use this product.

Purchased in at Woolworths Online store for $23.

Aden Von-Peppa
Aden Von-PeppaSouth East Queensland, QLD

This litter is awesome, it is far better then others.

Purchased in for $24.

Lucy F.
Lucy F.Sydney, NSW

Worst Odor, very messy, attracts bugs.

I live in a studio apartment & this kitty litter didn’t do anything to cover the smell! It was terrible.

It doesn’t clump so when he goes you pretty much have to throw the whole kitty litter tray away because it stinks.

It also attracted sooooo many bugs and he would track it through my house.

Purchased in .

Michelle G
Michelle G

Worst odour

This litter is fine if you live in a large house where the litter tray can be kept far enough away from the rest of the house for the smell not to carry, and you have access to a large enough laundry or outdoor area to wash the tray out once or twice a week. Would not recommend for small apartments as there's no odour control and because it doesn't clump it's more difficult to clean out.

Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Out of all the litter I have bought, this is the easiset to clean up

This Litter is life changing! I save so much of time cleaning up after my cat and there's no more mess and litter on the floor after he uses it.

It removes all the odour, I used to hate going into my bathroom in the morning smelling my pet's crap but with this litter the smell is gone.

Recommend all cat owners to use

Purchased at Pet Circle for $35.50.