Breeders Choice Cat Litter

Breeders Choice Cat Litter

See the Best Pet Litter in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Traveller107

Traveller107South East Queensland, QLD

Pretty average. Price increase unsubstantiated and ridiculous

Had been using this along with Woolies clumping litter in rotation for years and would rank them equally. Used to pay around $16 for a 30L bag and $13 for the same bag during sale. Now they think the same bag is worth $24. Would've rated a 3 star but the price increase isn't justified so rated 2 star. Very average litter.

As someone who regularly fosters kitties with animal charities and having tried many litters I can confirm there are plenty other better litters out there.

Purchased in April 2019 for $16.00.

Vega

VegaSydney, NSW

One of the best

Not too expensive,
My cat use them and the don't smell
It also doesn't stain cat fur, and easy to clean up
Most pet store and supermarket have them so won't need to look for them

Purchased in April 2019 at Net To Pet for $37.12.

wens

wensSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great except for constant price increase

I have been using this for years ,now as I only have one cat just need a small bag ..BUT this has gone from $5.50 to $7.50 in 8 weeks ...surely they cannot blame the drought or weather ...so looking for another option now.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

RKH

RKH

Good but Getting Expensive

I have used this litter for a while but have noted the price is steadily increasing at more than the CPI. Used to be $16 for 30 Litres, now $24 for 30 Litres. What's going on?

Purchased in January 2019 for $18.00.

Margo RobinsonSouthwest, VIC

Whats changed

My latest bag had a horrible oily chemical smell and my cats refuse to use it after 10 years of use. It says odour control and no chemicals but there is definately something not right with the smell and i am taking the bag back to the place of purchase

Purchased in February 2019 for $22.00.

My2cents

My2centsPeel, WA

Cant live without this

Abbey

Abbey

Best kitty litter I’ve used

Unlike most of the other litters I’ve tried, this is probably the only one my cat can’t manage to flick everywhere. The best thing is it does an excellent job at preventing odours. Being in a sharehouse my cats litter tray stays in my room, and this is the very best litter Ive found for making sure the whole room doesn’t smell like poop. Very easy to both scoop up and empty from a litter tray too.

Nate D

Nate DCanberra

Love it for my rabbits

Safe to use for my bunnies and its easy to clean and controls odour well.
The cheaper generic ones sold in supermarkets don't work as well.

Sophie B

Sophie BAU

Worst kitty litter ever

Ok so yes it’s recycled that’s the ONLY Positive there is no odour relief in fact it seems to make it worse because it just sucks into the paper and you need to change the entire thing each time not to scoop out the poo. Never ever ever use it.

Better Products Available

This product is not great. Very wasteful as it doesn't clump at all. Used litter mixes into fresh litter & u end up having 2 throw the lot away. I scoop & clean with an enzyme spray at least 3 times per day, so I never have litter tray smells. On a plus... no tracking dust. I much prefer Max's Cat Litter. Clumps well if u r gentle when u tip the tray 2 one side. Downside 4 Max's is the tracking dust & the litter that sticks 2 your cat's paws (but far less waste than BC).

Bridget

BridgetHobart

The best I’ve come across

Breakers choice cat little is great value for money no orders clumps well and to make things even better it is environmentally friendly and free from chemicals and made from recycled paper. Would highly recommend to all cat owners

Good product.

Have been using for years, no problems with smell but I change it or scoop out and top up every day. I think if you leave it in for too long it's obviously going to smell.

Elena

ElenaSydney

Very smelly

We tried it for our cat and it got stinky very quickly. Have switched to clumping litter instead. Would not recommend!

Nicole

NicoleSydney, NSW

OK for 4 months old kitten, but not for an older cat

I used Breeders Choice Cat Litter until my kitten turned 6 months old.
Until then this product was perfect. No dust, no scent and highly absorbent.
Unfortunately, now that my kitten makes bigger wee and poo, this litter is not right for her anymore.
It smells and it doesn't seem to absorb enough.
So I am now using a different product, but I would still recommend it.

"The ammonia smell of the urine burns your eyes and lungs. It must be torture for cats and kittens."

Sadly, this product should be taken off the market. After a few days, the ammonia smell of the urine burns your eyes and lungs. It must be torture for cats and kittens.

Michg

MichgGympie

Eco friendly low scent litter

We have been using breeders choice cat litter for around 4 years now. Always knew it was great quality then seen it is the brand our local vets use in their cat wards too!

tv2

tv2Melbourne

Not great

Have been using this for almost two months with two cats. Started okay but unfortunately, the smell of cat wee permeates as this litter has no odour control over it. Poop odour control works well, but not the cat wee odour which makes me want to vomit. So on to another cat litter we go.

Lily

Lily

Great for small animals as well

I use this Breeders Choice Cat Litter for the under lining for my small animals and parrots. From the other brands I have tried, this is by far the best. The size is perfect, not too small that it can be ingested but big enough to cover the bottom of the cages without multiple layers. I have also found this product to contain the least dust/powder.

Charly

Charly

Quality product, been buying for years

Ktg

KtgTamworth

the best

With three indoor cats we have tried a lot of brands and this one is the best, most economic (bulk bags) and best smelling. Its easy to clean up and can vaccumm if it goes wandering. It doesn't crush up, is very absorbant, contains the smell.

Faye E.

Faye E.asked

Is it safe to flush the kitty faeces down the toilet?

Margo Robinson

Apparently not. The litter will block the toilet eventually and cats have something in their droppings (probably the thing that effects pregnant women if they come into contact with it) that is not able to be treated at the sewerage treatment facility and therefore will get into our sea and possibly impact on the wildlife ( I kid you not!!)

cat lover

cat loverasked

My kittens are eating the litter. Will it cause harm or blockage?

Luckyreg
Luckyreg

Sorry, I really don't know. Best to ask your vet!

Would you eat toilet paper ?
Its always best starting kittens off with sand based litter.

ANGELA
ANGELA

Sorry, I'm not an expert either but when I asked my vet and also vet nurse about using Paper base cat litters to train my puppy to go toliet on they both told me that if the cat litter is eaten it will swell up inside the stomach and could block in the intestines.

I used this BREEDER CHOICE CAT LITTER with all 3 of my cats when they were kittens (I was lucky as they never used to eat it) but I used to put a few sheets of newspaper at the bottom of the large size cat litter tray then put the BREEDER CHOICE CAT LITTER on the top of the newspaper, you don't have to use alot of cat litter as the newspaper will help. I also preferred this way as it was a very quick, clean way to clean the cat litter tray as I changed it every morning and all you have to do is pick up the cat litter with the newspaper and just throw it into a plastic bag and put it into the garbage bin and then just put some liquid soap or disinfectant in the litter tray and hose it out and then wipe with a paper towel to dry it or put out in the sun to dry and then put the newspaper and cat litter again.

You can maybe try and teach your kittens not to eat it by maybe when you see they are about to put it in their mouth maybe correct them by saying " No!" or something like that and if possible maybe try to take it out of their mouth as you will be amazed just how much a kitten or cat will understand and will learn that they doing the wrong thing.

CategoryPet Litter