Breeders Choice Cat Litter

Breeders Choice Cat Litter

See the Best Cat Litter in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Breeders Choice? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Odour Absoprtion
  • Dust Production
  • Litter Tracking

lcels44
lcels44South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome Cat litter- perfect for my furbaby

So I have used 3 different types of litter, from coles and woolies normally they are gravel like and very unpleasant. However I discovered this product upon trying a new litter for my furbaby! So far we have used it for 2 days ... it is great it captures the odour, it's recycled and it's very absorbent, today we stockpiled as there was a sale.. and usually with other brands we run out, this product is fantastic.. also I have a friend who has been using it for her crybabies forever and she says it's great too.. I'm glad I changed, and looked around.. we will continue to use this product.

Purchased in May 2021 at Woolworths Online store for $23.00.

Aden Von-Peppa
Aden Von-PeppaSouth East Queensland, QLD

This litter is awesome, it is far better then others.

Purchased in January 2020 for $24.00.

Lucy F.
Lucy F.Sydney, NSW

Worst Odor, very messy, attracts bugs.

I live in a studio apartment & this kitty litter didn’t do anything to cover the smell! It was terrible.

It doesn’t clump so when he goes you pretty much have to throw the whole kitty litter tray away because it stinks.

It also attracted sooooo many bugs and he would track it through my house.

Purchased in June 2020.

Michelle G
Michelle G

Worst odour

This litter is fine if you live in a large house where the litter tray can be kept far enough away from the rest of the house for the smell not to carry, and you have access to a large enough laundry or outdoor area to wash the tray out once or twice a week. Would not recommend for small apartments as there's no odour control and because it doesn't clump it's more difficult to clean out.

Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Out of all the litter I have bought, this is the easiset to clean up

This Litter is life changing! I save so much of time cleaning up after my cat and there's no more mess and litter on the floor after he uses it.

It removes all the odour, I used to hate going into my bathroom in the morning smelling my pet's crap but with this litter the smell is gone.

Recommend all cat owners to use

Purchased at Pet Circle for $35.50.

Allison
AllisonTasmania

good value

This cat litter is the best we have found so far. We change the cat litter twice a day and have a composting area in the garden for the cat litter that is covered over. It all breaks down over time and we add garden clippings. The only downfall for this product is that it is still fairly expensive and occasionally you can see bits of coloured plastic in the litter which is unfortunate.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths.

Tandia
Tandia

Great value

This was given to me by a friend and I’ve kept using as I used the Purina brand. This is great when it’s on special. I live that it’s great for the environment too

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $24.00.

BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Litter Ever.

I am a real cat person.
I have also toilet trained dogs and rabbits in trays using this litter.
I have tried others but always go back to Breeders Choice.
Those horrid crystal litters stink to high heaven and when you change it there is urine at the bottom of the tray. YUK.
The so-called clay or clumping sand goes all over the place and really doesn't clump or absorbs the urine.
Breeders Choice is easily removed leaving unused litter behind.
Breeders Choice absorbs all urine.
Two tips for the users of litter trays.
1)Purchase a plastic tub, not those silly low sided trays.
2)Place the tub in the bath. Obviously not if you use the bath.

Purchased in January 2020 at Best Friends.

stuartradge
stuartradgeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

WAY TOO EXPENSIVE NOW

used to be OK for the price when you could pick it up 6 months ago @ $16 for 30L but now (Jan 2020) that are taking the pi$$ with non sale price around $24 per 30L bag and rarely $20 on sale. Bunnings only sells the 15L bags for $16.50 so you can hit them up for their cheapest price or beat it by 10%. Just need to lobby Bunnings to stock the 30L variety.

Purchased in September 2019 for $16.00.

Chrissie
ChrissieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent for cats and bunnies

I used to line our bunny litter trays with 2-3 newspapers and top with oaten hay. After trialling Breeders Choice Cat Litter, I have a much easier time cleaning litter trays as everything goes straight into the compost heap and I don't have to dispose of a pile of stinky newspapers! A lot of shelters I work with also use this brand, as it's excellent value for $$ ($20/30litre bag if purchasing 2 bags)

Purchased at Petbarn Physical store for $20.00.

Traveller107
Traveller107South East Queensland, QLD

Pretty average. Price increase unsubstantiated and ridiculous

Had been using this along with Woolies clumping litter in rotation for years and would rank them equally. Used to pay around $16 for a 30L bag and $13 for the same bag during sale. Now they think the same bag is worth $24. Would've rated a 3 star but the price increase isn't justified so rated 2 star. Very average litter.

As someone who regularly fosters kitties with animal charities and having tried many litters I can confirm there are plenty other better litters out there.

Purchased in April 2019 for $16.00.

Vega
VegaSydney, NSW

One of the best

Not too expensive,
My cat use them and the don't smell
It also doesn't stain cat fur, and easy to clean up
Most pet store and supermarket have them so won't need to look for them

Purchased in April 2019 at Net To Pet for $37.12.

wens
wensSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great except for constant price increase

I have been using this for years ,now as I only have one cat just need a small bag ..BUT this has gone from $5.50 to $7.50 in 8 weeks ...surely they cannot blame the drought or weather ...so looking for another option now.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

RKH
RKH

Good but Getting Expensive

I have used this litter for a while but have noted the price is steadily increasing at more than the CPI. Used to be $16 for 30 Litres, now $24 for 30 Litres. What's going on?

Purchased in January 2019 for $18.00.

Margo RobinsonSouthwest, VIC

Whats changed

My latest bag had a horrible oily chemical smell and my cats refuse to use it after 10 years of use. It says odour control and no chemicals but there is definately something not right with the smell and i am taking the bag back to the place of purchase

Purchased in February 2019 for $22.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Vic
Vicasked

How do you scoop out wet pellets? My kittens make sure to thoroughly mix it after they finish, and if I don't attend to the litter tray in first 30 minutes - it all dries off!

Bev

I don't bother if it is all mixed in and dry. I scoop out what I can (wet pellets) and change it all mid-week. Obviously, I scoop the yukky stuff out daily; several times if I am home.

Faye E.
Faye E.asked

Is it safe to flush the kitty faeces down the toilet?

Margo Robinson

Apparently not. The litter will block the toilet eventually and cats have something in their droppings (probably the thing that effects pregnant women if they come into contact with it) that is not able to be treated at the sewerage treatment facility and therefore will get into our sea and possibly impact on the wildlife ( I kid you not!!)

cat lover
cat loverasked

My kittens are eating the litter. Will it cause harm or blockage?

Luckyreg
Luckyreg

Sorry, I really don't know. Best to ask your vet!

Would you eat toilet paper ?
Its always best starting kittens off with sand based litter.

ANGELA
ANGELA

Sorry, I'm not an expert either but when I asked my vet and also vet nurse about using Paper base cat litters to train my puppy to go toliet on they both told me that if the cat litter is eaten it will swell up inside the stomach and could block in the intestines.

I used this BREEDER CHOICE CAT LITTER with all 3 of my cats when they were kittens (I was lucky as they never used to eat it) but I used to put a few sheets of newspaper at the bottom of the large size cat litter tray then put the BREEDER CHOICE CAT LITTER on the top of the newspaper, you don't have to use alot of cat litter as the newspaper will help. I also preferred this way as it was a very quick, clean way to clean the cat litter tray as I changed it every morning and all you have to do is pick up the cat litter with the newspaper and just throw it into a plastic bag and put it into the garbage bin and then just put some liquid soap or disinfectant in the litter tray and hose it out and then wipe with a paper towel to dry it or put out in the sun to dry and then put the newspaper and cat litter again.

You can maybe try and teach your kittens not to eat it by maybe when you see they are about to put it in their mouth maybe correct them by saying " No!" or something like that and if possible maybe try to take it out of their mouth as you will be amazed just how much a kitten or cat will understand and will learn that they doing the wrong thing.

CategoryCat Litter