MPN: RF522BRPX6

4.4

• Internal Layout

Binu M.Darwin, NT

Perfect fridge for a home

Excellent design with plenty of space. Always maintains consistent temperature and bottom freezer is very handy to use. Water is dispenser is an excellent feature with very easy filter replacement settings. Ice dispenser is also very reliable with a quality design. Everything works perfectly.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,600.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)
Jenny Haydon

Jenny HaydonMurray Region, NSW

Fantastic refrigerator, perfect size, ample space, well designed

Refrigerator temperature is stable, consistent,reliable.
Design of the bottom drawers is good, ice tray allows options for freezing and accessibility.
Side handles are unobtrusive and easy to open.
Space is ample, easily accessed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$1,369.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
Damien

Damien

Great working fridge but annoying stainless steel coating

The working functions of the fridge and freezer are great. What we don't like is the stainless steel coating which is described as easy clean with soapy water and stainless steel cleaner can't be used. However unlike conventional stainless steel appliances every time any one touches the fridge it will leave finger prints which look terrible. To keep the fridge looking nice you will be washing the front of the fridge everyday - especially if you have kids - so annoying!

Purchased in November 2018.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart RF522BRPX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Recessed Handle) compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Karen S

Karen SSydney, NSW

So easy to clean!

With our new kitchen we wanted everything streamlined and minimalist. This fridge is perfect. It has integrated handles, although I was worried that it would get too many fingerprints because there is no obvious handle. We do get a few but it is so easy to clean that it is not an issue at all. It is well designed with a great layout.

Purchased in October 2018 at Winning Appliances for A$1,449.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)
birdii8

birdii8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sleek, modern and functional

NICK

NICK

Great fridge

Great looking fridge, which controls temperature really well. Great space inside with some really sturdy shelves. It can be a litttle noisy at times but nothing too extreme just went you have loaded it up and its trying to get back down to temperature. I would have no issue buying this fridge again or recommending it to others

Leeching

LeechingSydney, NSW

Great looking fridge.

Great stainless steel design and very sleek. I am amazed by how strong the plastic trays are - apparently, it can withstand a 70kg of weight! The bottle chill feature is very neat and I do like the spaciousness of this fridge. Perfect for storing a large number of frozen meals.

Giving this a four star as the features are just very basic.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Colinpop21

Colinpop21perth

At last, a User Friendly Fridge/Freezer

Ian M

Ian MSydney

Great fridge, really happy with it. Large and looks great in the kitchen.

Very happy with this Fisher Paykel fridge. Fridge is at the top and freezer at the bottom. Opted for stainless steel version which looks good. Large fridge and freezer and has very consistent cooling in all sections. Easy to access the temperature and alarm controls. This is our second Fisher and Paykel fridge and are happy with both.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Cap0

Cap0melbourne

Great Family Fridge

We are delighted with this fridge. We bought it after careful research including reading the reviews here and it does live up to our expectations. It looks very smart in the kitchen and runs quiet as a mouse, which is a huge relief as out our one buzzed like anything. Indie is all modem and white with plastic shelves. Some of them are a bit junky but the micro climate areas are excellent. I also am so happy to have the freezer down below and the food up top. Great purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Phil N

Phil NMelbourne

Quiet which was very important to us

Some fridges can drive you mad with their buzzing but this fridge is pretty good. Some of the internal parts are a little plasticky and have been discarded. I keep the thermostat at the 2nd lowest 0f 11 levels to keep the fridge at 5 degrees or cooler. Paid 1.5k and seems a good buy to date overall.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Gabriel

GabrielWollongong

Almost perfect!

First time we have gone for a bottom freezer fridge and we love it.
Plenty of storage for all we need, good lighting so there is nothing hiding in dark corners.
Would have given this product 5 stars if it included a full size wine rack and egg holder for the door.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Anu

AnuSydney

Flexible storage options and a stylish stainless steel finish

The humidity control slides in each storage bin create a microclimate that helps keep food fresher for longer. The storage bins gives full access inside when they’re pulled open and can be easily removed to be cleaned. The fridge adapts to daily use by cooling and defrosting only when needed. Therefore, the fridge uses the energy it needs without compromising on food care.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Gary

GarySydney

Quiet, modern Fridge

This fridge is quiet, spacious and modern. The size has just fitted into corner area perfectly. The stainless steel color is very modern. The internal layout is also very friendly and wide, very good to put cheese, sauces, and all other small containers or pack of things. The temperature is quit optimal and not varies much. No frozen is observed so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Amazing Fridge

This is our first new fridge and I was looking for a long time for a fridge to meet our cabinet specs and this popped up and we are very glad we waited.
Fridge has a tonne of room, is very quiet and gets very cold even on the half way coldness setting. Very happy with the recessed handles so the kids don't use it as monkey bars.
Egg holders would be nice but not a deal breaker. The LED lighting is fantastic and very bright. Maybe next time I'll get the model with water and ice but overall very happy with this so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Grantos

GrantosGold Coast

Very nice fridge

This is my first brand new fridge I have ever owned and it is fantastic.
Great features with fast freeze, bottle alarm, easy to use control panel.
The shelves are super easy to clean. The sliding draws of the freezer is really convenient and makes use of the space.
My only regret is that I didnt get a model with ice maker and water dispenser

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mr Wheels

Mr WheelsMelbourne

Fantastic fridge

The fridge is great. Seems to maintain a constant temp.
With 2 nice big draws and one small pull out tray the freezer is verstile/hold the right amount of food.
The fridge space is great and has more than enough room for what we need.

Onlything I wish it has was a digital LCD temp display. Other than that. Its fantastic.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Elle

ElleBurdekin

Sleek Look, Even cooling

I love my new upside down fridge freezer. The door of fridge has plenty of depth for all size bottles. I especially like how the crisper drawers have a slide out - not more scratching the bottom. The freezer unit with easy access slide out drawers make packing a lot of frozen goods a breeze. The thin middle drawer makes keeping heaps of ice cubes on hand and within easy access very handle for entertaining. Exterior comes up nicely with a clean damp cloth.

Alan

Alan

Lovely clean lines, great shelving layout, bright interior light, very quiet operation.

Just had my new F&P stainless steel F/F delivered and set-up by JBHiFi.
First impressions are: very clean lines, great shelving layout with one more shelf than most of their competitors, runs very quietly, very bright interior LED lighting. Very happy so far, if anything changes I will update this post.
On the downside the ice-maker is the old fashioned tray type, a modern twist-type would have been so much better!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

ShaniArmidale

ALARM work when ever I open the dorr

Hi ,

I bought a RF522BRPX6 , 519L BM stainless steel Fridge four months ago after considering so many factors. I am really disappointed, Now it starts to alarm when-ever I open the door. It will last couple of minutes and then lights gone off.This is really annoying. I trusted this big brand and spend a lot of money.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Shani

Since it was under warranty, their technical people helped me to fix it. Reason was, one of the magnet was missing during the manufacture. Once it fixed, seems good now

See all Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L Bottom Freezer (RF522B Series) reviews

Phillip

Phillipasked

Binu M.

Not sure, I have only seen steel colour.

Memeasked

ActiveSmart RF522BRPX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Recessed Handle)

Just bought this fridge this thursday from HM and delivered today, as it instructed to leave the fridge for 3 hours by the delivery guy and then leave empty running for 2 to 3 hours before putting food in. However since it started run, the back is making noise and now the noise is running almost 1 hour. Not impressive! Called the service line tonight and asked why, got answer to either replace it or send service guy?! Does anyone have similar experience for this mode?!

mimi
mimi

NO all was well with mine . ask them to check it

Meme

Thanks, the loud noise was running from first set up at 6:30pm till stop at 9:17pm. Was stopped around 8:35 or 8:36pm for a few minutes then back running again till 9:17pm. The door on top side is so hard to open. I probably picked up a lemon I think.

JudyR

No problem with mine. Quiet as a mouse. If it were me, I'd ask them to replace fridge.

Margaret

Margaretasked

ActiveSmart RF522BRPX6 (Stainless Steel, Right Door, Recessed Handle)

I am looking for egg holders for Model RF522B. Do you have these?

fisher_man
fisher_man

Not any more

JudyR

By now you may have found egg holders to buy. Recently at ALDI I purchased two that hold 14 eggs each. They are not the type of egg holder that used to come with fridges but come with lids and you take out of fridge to get eggs or fill them up. Only yesterday I saw these holders in a "cheapie shop".

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives