Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

MPN: WH8060P2

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.3

Tracey L.

Tracey L.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

This washing machine is great would highly recommend

I have had this washing machine for 5 years now and is still as good as it was when I brought it can’t fault the machine it has a 15 mins wash which is very useful

Purchased in August 2015 at Harvey Norman for A$799.00.

Sandra Ham

Sandra HamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best on the market

I wash every type of clothing.

Sheets, blankets, dogs blankets, everyday wear clothing, etc: cushion covers.

Machine washes extremely well.

Handle delicates as expected

Basically I use the 30-minute cycle which works for a two-person household.

Purchased in May 2019.

Steven Fejgl

Steven FejglGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

been a good machine

was a good machine had it for a couple of years before it threw a bearing was more expensive to repair than replace cleans very well cycle times are a bit off program a heavy wash its meant to take roughly 2 hours seems to push out to 3 hours +

Purchased in January 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$699.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg) compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

CascieK

CascieKSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best wash ive had in years

This is my first time owning a Fisher and Paykel and ive got to say they do not disappoint!
My old Samsung didnt wash any where near as well as this and its super quiet.
Sleek design, quiet and well priced.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,100.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg DE45F56AW1
Jeffrey L.

Jeffrey L.

Great machine love it!!

The machine is easy to use, the 8kg size is perfect, love the variety of selections for washing! The wash times are great. Overall very very happy with this product!!

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman.

VicwonderingLaunceston, TAS

Perfect wash everytime

Every day work clothes are now cleaner than ever before. The tumble action I wish i'd had many years ago.
Delicates are not damaged in this machine and being able to adjust the time of the wash is wonderful, save on power. The size is brilliant for doona covers and sheets and to wash a lot more.

Purchased in June 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$845.00.

Noise Level

Great washing machine with one not-so obvious problem

This is a great washing machine for washing sheets and clothes. It offers a range of washing cycles and temperatures for a range of needs. There is, however, one problem with the machine which I didn't uncover until after use: the washing machine drum is harsh and abrasive on towels. I have Sheridan towels and the ribbed drum tears at the towels leaving them coarse and rough. I contacted F&P regarding this issue and their customer support was poor, no solutions provided and the consultant said they had never heard of this issue. Now looking to replace this machine after 6 months.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Brittany

BrittanyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love love this machine

Love, love this machine Fisher & Paykel Washing Machine. I use this machine to wash lots of clothing from 2 messy little boys, myself & husband. Our sheets, towels on a daily. I love the different wash settings which can be selected upon what you are washing at that time & how quickly you need it washed. Its gentle on the garments which is an added bonus. It has actually made me love doing the washing again.

The machine is quiet, the clothes come out very dry & makes the drying process a lot quicker than other machines I have had in the past.

The price of the machine is excellent, not to expensive, definitely getting value for money.
I would recommend this washing machine for all the reasons above.

Purchased in August 2019 at Stan Cash for A$650.00.

F.A.C

F.A.C

Water, energy and time efficient, lots of functions and super quiet

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$799.00.

Gezza

GezzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

That good, bought another for our daughter

Used for all washing, including Linen dresses, mens work clothes, dress pants , all underwear. very quiet quick and efficient, previous samsung washer dryer only lasted 1 year. Hope to get 10 years out of it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,100.00.

Pegasus

PegasusGreat Southern, WA

Great Washer - Just love it

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$799.00.

pinkdawn

pinkdawnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Always clean

Have never owned a front loader
Had no idea it saves you so much water and clothes come out super clean even with the quick cycle (30min)
It’s easy to operate and the machine tells you when it needs a drum clean. When this happens all you need to do is turn the dial to drum clean and the machine will do the rest!

Purchased in January 2018 for A$900.00.

Emms

Emms

Spin cycle never resolves, F&P don't care

Purchased in August 2018.

Misty

MistyBrisbane

I love my washing machine

My washing machine has a large variety of programs to choose from, suits just about any fabric, there is even a special cycle for your gym clothes and also it has a gentle cycle for baby clothes, and a program for your Donna. The fact that you can stop it during the cycle is a great boost.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Sandi

SandiSoutheast, SA

Great washing machine. Love it. So easy to use and great result with cleaner clothes.

I bought this a month ago and I love it. Very easy to use with turn dial and easy to read functions. Everyday wash cycle just under 60 minutes and great spin speed. I had people to stay over Christmas so the machine got a good workout with loads of sheets, towels, adult and childrens clothing etc. Best machine I have had. Took my time choosing after reviewing through Choice magazine and not disappointed. Good value for money.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Exactly what we need

We had to replace our old (F&P) top loader within a day, so my starting point was to target a reasonably priced machine based on recommended models (by Choice, November 2018). Don't need more than an 8kg model with 3 people in the house.
We have always had top-loaders in the past but considered moving to a front-loader due to space efficiencies as well as water and energy savings. Went with this one based on price and ranking. The box fits easily into the back of an SUV (CX-5). Easy to unpack and set up.
So far very happy after a couple of loads, very simple and logical settings and very quiet - compared to the old one. Early days yet and hopefully there won't be any issues but happy to recommend so far.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Gabi

GabiPerth, 6004

Washing machine

I usually put dark clothes in the washing machine , I'm very satisfied with the product's controls and its performance when I apply different settings. This washing machine is very careful with my clothes in particular with delicates, I'm very very satisfied with the cycles time of the washing machine.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Can't clean the cloth

Very expensive machine but never done it's job, I have to shake every single cloth I washed to get rid of dust left over on clothes, even dirtier than before wash... I will have to buy a new one of other brand and sell this one. It has no water level option.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Terrible machine - appalling customer service

Terrible wash. School shirts and business shirts extremely crushed. No matter what spin cycle or function you use. Washes worse than a LG machine I had for 12 years. I am now having to replace clothes that are only 7 months old. Customer service is absolutely appalling. Spoken to 6 different officers and all kept saying the same things of never receiving service reports. I will never purchase a fisher and Paykel appliance ever again. Frustrated and disappointed customer.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
zan

zanSydney

excellent washing machine

Cleans clothes very well and they don't come out all tangled together. The functions are easy to use and you can even pause it if you forget a piece of clothing which is always useful. Really happy with this washing machine, nice settings and control display. It is really quiet when washing and rinsing more than expected.

Date PurchasedAug 2018