Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

MPN: 36164224

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.1

Nick Bradbury

Nick BradburyAU

Great Machine, short cycles, good wash results

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$980.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 3.5kg AD39

JeannieCeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have nothing to complain about - best I've used

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$949.00.

Pearl

Pearl

Love this product

Being a new mum this machine is a dream it makes life so much easier, cycle times are excellent this is an economical machine. Great prices on offer you wont regret this purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg) compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Craig S.

Craig S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Caoacity and Easy to USe

This is a super machine. Washes the entire washing basket of clothes. May wash options and very quiet. Couldn't be happier. We purchased a draw set for underneath that brings the unit up to chest height. This is great too.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$949.00.

Linda

LindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy use

It is a good product, and it is a very easy to use mechanic. It price is also good. It sounds not too loudly. I am very happy to get it.

Purchased in February 2020.

Mossimo

MossimoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fisher & Paykel 8.5kg Front Load Washer WH8560P2 low water use.

This washing machine uses minimal water. To that comes a cost! Using less water creates a friction between your clothes. I have reviewed this machine and found it dampens your clothes only, and then does the cycle. I have found during testing that if I add additional 4 litres to a wash the clothes come out brighter/ cleaner and not damaged . The clothes are in water, not just dampened. Apart from its water restrictive programming it's a great reliable machine. Recently though I have answered many questions about this front loader, and it seems the door latch solenoid is failing on many recent purchases. Cheers.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$899.00.

Peter Telling

Peter TellingCentral West, NSW

Poorly built F & P W/machine

Been with F@P 4 years. Machine gets out of balance easily. Red clip off internal tub keeps breaking off. Costs me money to fix, might change to samsung they have a great name.

Purchased in April 2016 at The Good Guys for A$525.00.

Hate this washing machine

Worst machine ever.Spin cycle is not just spin only,but tumbles and spins like a quick wash.A new woollen jumper which I had hand washed shrunk because of the tumble/ wash action.Other clothes which I have had for many years and washed without issues have also shrunk.Have to wash everything on cold/delicate.Also find clothes are now rough on the outside,so they look worn.Big mistake in choice but now am stuck with it...
Hate this appliance...

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$777.00.

Angela

AngelaPerth, WA

Love this machine!

This machine is so easy to use. I mainly use the everyday cycle for most washes which only takes an hour. I like the additional functions which allow you to customise your cycle by adding/reducing your wash time, changing the spin, changing temperature or adding additional rinses. I have used the bulky items cycle to wash duvets and they came out like new.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$867.00.

Brett

BrettPerth, WA

Laundry Swimming Lessons, Flippers Required, Snorkel Optional

We use the Everyday or Heavy Wash settings the most and we wash every day. We are gardeners and get real grubby. The machine does a pretty good job of keeping our work clothes as clean as possible. It gets a flogging. Warning: the 15 minute super quick cycle WILL flood your laundry. Make sure you have flippers, old towels and a mop and bucket on stand by. The flooding doesn't happen on any other cycle. The cycle times are ok but the machine does get loud on the two settings we use most. It has great capacity. We wash blankets etc and haven't had an issue.

Purchased at Kambo's.

Ana L.

Ana L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic Washing Machine

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$800.00.

Corrine

CorrinePerth, WA

Large, quiet and lots of settings

This washing machine is excellent. You can fill with large loads and still get a good quality wash - even on the 'cold' water setting. It washes well with liquid or powder. It runs quietly. I like the control you can get with wash time, temperature and spin speed. It also handles delicates well, although I would recommend putting anything too fragile into a bag first. It looks great next to the matching WashSmart dryer too!

Mid C

Mid CHobart, TAS

Quiet and stable, good features

So far so good. We chose this 8.5kg washer because it has a few more features than the 7.5kg. It also covers us if we end up with larger loads in the future. The machine runs very quiet and doesn't move around at all. We initially considered the Bosch, but we didn't like the way the settings worked and found it confusing. The F&P washer is very intuitive and straight forward to use.

Clothes come up great. T-shirts don't seem to twist and delicates are handled well. The spin cycle seems to do a good job of getting most of the water out, which obviously reduces drying time compared to some other machines.

Besides that, it looks great and we got it for a good deal through a clearance sale.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$650.00.

Endy

EndyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Washing machine Not a good quality.

Now with the 3rd year Washing machine LED display not working so I don't know which mode is washing machine working on. You pay top dollars for a Quality product and within first 3 years these machines don't work properly.

I am very disappointed with Fisher and Paykel. First machine I brought worked for 13 years without any problem but it was a Top loader and never had issues. with the new technology I was impressed but quality is Cheap Cheap cheap.....

I brought Dryer and the washing machine same time and within 1 year Dryer started to squeak and after 3 attempts it is still not fixed.

Don't buy these machines unless you want to spend on their service as soon as the warranty is finished.

Purchased in July 2016 at The Good Guys.

OMWH12

OMWH12Melbourne

Good but sloooooooooooooooow

I bought this about a month ago after my 7 year old Hoover died.

So far I'm very happy with it. It is amazingly quiet, even when spinning at 1400 rpm. It has a nice range of wash options, and clothes come out clean.

The only disappointment for me is that the normal wash cycle is over two hours, and unlike my old Hoover, it doesn't sense if you put in a smaller load and wash for less time. Same with the "spin only" function. My old Hoover did that in 7 minutes - this one takes over 20! Also the manual recommends the "eco" cycle, but that takes over 3 hours!!!

If you don't mind waiting for hours on end for your washing, this is the way to go.

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online for A$867.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 6kg DE60F60EW1

CJb

CJb

Great

Water saving. Nice design. Washes great. Option of a quick 15 or 30min quick wash. Can also open mid cycle and use the option of adding another piece of clothing

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$800.00.

Sanjeev K.

Sanjeev K.Sydney, NSW

Excellent Machine

The most water efficient I believe. Does take loooong to complete the cycle but we are happy with the wash quality. Overall very happy with our decision. We bought a much expensive one for another extended family house and they are unhappy for that machine which costed 500 bucks more than this one. Didn't find it that noisy either. Recommended model.

Purchased in January 2019.

Sacha

SachaHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic washer. Can't fault it.

Best washer I've ever purchased. Very easy to use. Like it has a key lock function so the kids can't play with the setting when it is turned on. Also like the add a garment.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$949.00.

John

JohnFar North Queensland, QLD

Takes for Ever

Really tired of this machine. Run it on an hour cycle and 90 mins later it still has 20 mins to go. 10 mins later it still has 20 mins to go. The best way to run it is to turn it off after wash cycle, change cycle to rinse, then change cycle to spin, which defeats the purpose of having an auto washing machine.

Purchased in April 2018.

Wartsandall

WartsandallMelbourne

Received faulty

Delivered to my new house on Friday and tested it today, and I'm sorry to say I'm very disappointed.
I put in 3 bed sheets and away I went to do something else. I then heard loud banging noises coming from the laundry, so quickly went to have a look. The washer was shaking violently and banging into my brand new wall. I'll be calling F & P tomorrow to see how the aftersales customer service.
I'm hoping to receive a brand new replacement and not a lemon. The F & P heat pump dryer I bought as well works well works though, however the buttom plastic part doesn't clip in and hangs out. 2 items, 2 issues. Really?

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$899.00.

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader reviews