Fisher-Price Rainforest Open Top Take-Along Swing

Fisher-Price Rainforest Open Top Take-Along Swing

4.1

IAN CAROW
    IAN CAROW

Doesn't live up to expectations

This seemed like the ideal product for us but I regret my purchase. Baby doesn't mind the seat, however will often startle awake and hit her hands on the hard plastic toys, waking her up. Silly design because they cannot be removed.

Purchased in April 2019 at Target Australia for $99.00.

R A C H
    R A C HVictoria, 3806

Swings too fast

I bought this swing after reading reviews thinking it was going to help settle bubs. It was the opposite.
    The slowest swing setting is still too fast. I felt like she was going to get thrown out of it!
    I do like the fact how easy the cover is too wash and the beautiful rainforest sounds, but other than that, nothing good to say.

cdizio
    cdizioSydney, NSW

Great Swing, Save your Sanity

This is a great swing, it will save your sanity and worth every cent. There are lots of rockers on the market which can be very expensive but this rocket is everything you need at a very reasonable price. Can be used for newborns. Don't bother getting a bouncer this is all you need. You will probably only have use of it for 6 months up until baby gets too heavy for it (Max. 11.3kgs) or baby is able climb out of it but it's worth it.

Baby Bouncers / Rockers

Find out how Fisher-Price Rainforest Open Top Take-Along Swing compares to other Baby Bouncers / Rockers

Mommy
    MommyMelbourne

Fantastic little swing!

This battery powered little swing has a lot of power. The music is ordinary and the vibration is a bit strange.... But for a baby that loves to swing, this is excellent!
    The music turns itself off after a while, but it keeps swinging swinging swing!
    This swing apparently has one of the most comfortable seats because my baby prefers this to sit - over the larger swing, bouncer, bumbo, or high chair.

Ange BGold Coast

A must have item!

Ange B

I wrote this review for the Newborn to Toddler Rainforest Rocker not the above item. Not sure why this has changed?

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
    the-best-baby-products-in-2020
    GrizzBear89
    GrizzBear89Far North Queensland, QLD

Great swing

My baby loves his swing. Have been using since he was a newborn and still using at 5 months, he loves to look up at the mobile and tries to reach the toys. Batteries seem to last a decent amount of time but found it went too fast when he was a newborn. Folds up well and can be moved around easy
    Colourful, folds easy and doesn't take up too much room, batteries last a while
    Swings too fast for newborn.

sare100
    sare100Port Lincoln

Okay but there are better swings available

I used another swing set prior to this one and have to say that I was dissapointed with this swing. My son is 3 months and likes to be able to grab hold toys hanging from above. With this, the toys (which were really cute and colourful) were too high to be able to reach. I also did not like the angles of the seat. It seams that you can alter the heights but the more seated position did not lock in for me. Unfortunately my son's time was shortened greatly in this swing. He lasted 10mins max, while in the other swing he would last 20-30mins.
    colours and animals/print
    toys not reachable, seat on awkward angle.

shahna
    shahnacanberra

Put my boy to sleep!

Love this swing, easy to pack up, move around and is light weight. The swinging motion puts my boy to sleep with ease and also has great soft tunes to fall asleep to. My boy is big and heavy and we need to use the fastest speed for it to move him well so wont last him much longer unfortunately but great investment. The seat is a great size and a good shape to hold him in nice and snug (like he is being cuddled)
    The shape, colour, easy to pack up to take with you also for packing away, the music is good too
    The fastest speed is almost not strong enough to swing my boy

Shannon MathewsVictoria, 3350

Love it!! couldn't live without it

Loved it!!!!! My bought this for my newborn and put him in it from 8 weeks onwards. It was very handy for when i needed to cook tea or hang washing as he loved to be held and rocked. I think i nearly cried when he grew out of it. I will defently be using it for our next one.
    Inexpensive, Colourful, Lullaby music and 5 speeds

shanemmy
    shanemmyQLD , 4701

Sanity saver for a limted time.

Good but needs a few improvements

daisydee
    daisydee
    missmoo
    missmooQld, 4006

Music melody to baby's ears

This fisher price rainforest swing is good because it has five speed, seven songs, and its portable. My little girl loves the slow speed,and calming music, where as if you had a heavier baby you would put the higher speed on. I use it for when i'm cooking and don't have hands to hold her. Its great tool to soothe my baby with music in the living room where i can keep a close eye on her. The toys that hangs above the swing is a really good distraction and gives them something to focus on.
    Reliable swing
    Abit expensive

Nay
    NayGippsland, VIC

It has been a saviour

Has helped settle bubs from time-to-time. I didn't use it at first because it would go too fast for him and I don't think he liked it very much but as he put on weight it was better and it helped settle him and get him to sleep. It is a little bulky so it wasn't something I took anywhere. It would be better if they actually had rainforest music as an option.
    Didn't have to change the batteries. Good for soothing a grumpy baby.
    The music certainly isn't the best.

nataliepr
    natalieprNSW, 2111

Not as compact as the title would suggest

I thought this was OK but didn't use it a lot. My baby didn't like it much so it was only useful when she was sleepy but wouldn't go to sleep - it would lull her into what looked like a kind a of trance. Still, a lot of people swear by swings so I think my feelings about it have more to do with my baby than the product itself.
    Looks nice; the music isn't too loud; sometimes bubs would fall asleep in it if she had a dummy; deep seat so it didn't feel as though she was going to roll out when she got a bit older
    Expensive; the music gets annoying after a while; when folded it's still pretty chunky so I can't imagine actually "taking it along"; only has a three point harness

kmp46